Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

I like to think that the third picture is the inside of the second one

and the pope is sitting inside the third one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Dog Toothbrush posted:

Where did the CDC say it's endemic?

People are gonna get shot when their family starts to die to this and they realize nobody tried to stop it

there's a statement on evergreen health's (that's the hospital where most of the infected people in seattle have been treated) website that the CDC has declared Covid-19 endemic to Washington so they won't be doing any more testing at their clinics

basically they're being told to just give up on detection and containment, it's going to be allowed to spread freely and we won't get any accurate case numbers out of the seattle area. this is going to have the knock on effect of making america's death rate look embarrassingly high but i doubt any of the grifter shitheads now infesting the CDC have put that much thought in to this, they just want to protect daddy trump

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

oh hey hello. Maybe this way it will be clear why this is not "just the flu, bro".

(blue/purple lines are peaks of ICU / deaths for influenza, yellow/red are for coronavirus)

So in one week it just smashed through ICU capacity in the country (Italy) because it's just started and the peak of people in ICU is already 3.5x the peak of people in ICU for the flu

even if you don't catch the corona, you better hope you don't get in a car accident or any other of the hundreds of reasons you could need ICU for

source: Italian association of biotechnologists (is that even a word in english?), http://www.biotecnologi.org/ecco-perche-il-coronavirus-non-e-una-semplice-influenza/

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

As long as a GOP president is in charge the live free or die types will be confined to their true nature, which is being power worshipping bootlickers. Fuckin Gagsden flag in the back window next to a blue lives matter sticker rear end cowards.

The mobilization by the right against the Virginia gun bill does show the types that like armed protest will still show up under the right conditions. It won't be against the Feds, but they see "liberal" state governments are seen as enemies. I doubt the cops would try to crack down on them, but it'd make real controls on movements incredibly hard.

This is all basely speculation about an already bad situation of course.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ummmmmm

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

20 pages overnight, holy poo poo guys.

Also are they letting everyone off the Grand Princess and those that test negative can go about their business? That's what it seems like.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

He's a piece of poo poo, so what do you expect?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jamsta posted:

I cant wait til the looting behaviour starts.

Be the change you want to see in the world

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

lol reveal yourself you smug hack

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Show yourself, coward Maher

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

there's a statement on evergreen health's (that's the hospital where most of the infected people in seattle have been treated) website that the CDC has declared Covid-19 endemic to Washington so they won't be doing any more testing at their clinics

Endemic to the state of Washington or just to that nursing home?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I've been saying for years that this dude is a goon

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

lowtax needs to start tradmarking thread titles and posts imo

then he can hire an IP troll of a lawyer and fund this site and pay for his medical bills

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

People won't do poo poo and you know it.

hey that one guy might get killed while filming/threatening the military base

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

QuarkJets posted:

Endemic to the state of Washington or just to that nursing home?

here's the statement, it says the CDC has declared covid-19 endemic to the region

and that guy's tweet was wrong, evergreen health is a hospital with a chain of clinics not the nursing home that got infected

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

thats outrageous, someone tweet him

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Alpha Centauri posted:

in western societies
i wonder how many people can start a fire
find clean drinking water
trap an animal
build a shelter to protect yourself from exposure

basic stuff

silly weterners not training to be hunter gatherers

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Trigger the swarm.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zotix posted:

He's a piece of poo poo, so what do you expect?

lol reveal yourself you smug hack

Chris James 2 posted:

Show yourself, coward Maher

QuarkJets posted:

CODChimera posted:

thats outrageous, someone tweet him

then he can hire an IP troll of a lawyer and fund this site and pay for his medical bills

goons getting mad at bill maher instead of coming to the obvious conclusion that our jokes are about as funny as any other hack writer's

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
*hack comedian's writing staff comes up with somewhat obvious pun*

"@billmaher DO YOU HAVE STAIRS IN YOUR HOUSE??"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bill Maher has powerful D&D mod energy tbh

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is it just for eggs?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
pretty sure maher is still seeing ann coulter for the occasional fling

he's literally in bed with the enemy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panic! At the Costco was a user name back in like 2014 of some random dude in GBS

I stole it for my team name at Wodapalooza

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

omg bill maher said “comedy gold”

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

goons getting mad at bill maher instead of coming to the obvious conclusion that our jokes are about as funny as any other hack writer's

no that's what I meant, tweet him and tell him it's not funny

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Good thing the uk only has 206 coronavirus cases or I would be really worried about all the people coughing their lungs out on the streets of London today

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

Bill Maher has powerful D&D mod energy tbh

Watch him be evilweasel and no one's surprised

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

lol, lame show

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPENPALM SLAM AN EGG INTO THE PAN. THEN I SPIT.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Oh crap, if Lowtax contracts Corona he is hosed, probably.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

QuarkJets posted:

Probably someone on the writing staff

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

oh i just noticed the first person in my city has it

36 year old with no underlying conditions who is in serious condition, had been showing symptoms for 10 days before going to the hospital. thank god it's just the flu.

traveled from UK so thankfully not community spread, but who knows how many people she might have infected in those 10 days

oh hey it's a beautiful day today. how stupid is it to go to Henry Doorly?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Gum posted:

Good thing the uk only has 206 coronavirus cases or I would be really worried about all the people coughing their lungs out on the streets of London today

It's pretty crazy that they've tested over 20000 people and there are that few positives at this point.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

lol

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

mastershakeman posted:

Watch him be evilweasel and no one's surprised

Maher is too articulate to be evilweasel.

(Thats not saying Maher is particularly smart or witty.)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

here's the statement, it says the CDC has declared covid-19 endemic to the region

and that guy's tweet was wrong, evergreen health is a hospital with a chain of clinics not the nursing home that got infected

That's one way to keep the official numbers down lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ABCNewsLive/status/1236101236379840513

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

Get this guy outta here!