Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chalkece posted:

Tbh I really hope their playstyle change with the awakening weapon. I really liked Maehwa but I guess she's no longer very good for grinding, right?

Maehwa succession is fine for grinding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
Does the guild do anything together in game or is it there just for bonuses? Debating on joining while I am still figuring out wtf is going on and learning this game. Seems like there is so much junk to do! I spent about 4 hours or so going through the quests that give you bag slots.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You should join the guild for nice bonuses to your fishing, gathering levels, plus some permenant combat bonuses. We do scrolls together from time to time but not a whole lot. Plus if you get up your contribution via guild quests you can make up to 5mil daily just for clicking collect wage or whatever on the guild menu. Serendia4 is the best place for an invite, ask an officer in discord if you wanna join up

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

i've been trying hard to get into this for a while now. My biggest problem is how the XP flies in so quickly that you overpower everything levelling up. My witch is now 50 and i can count on 1 hand the amount of times i didn't have to just run at things holding right click. i took a boomerang loli or whatever the hell it is for a spin and levelling content is still easy, but slightly more involved and therefore fun. anyways I'm hoping this continues to scratch the itch I get to spend my occasional hour here hour there playing games.

Controller support is shockingly decent too. I also loved playing a little on my GPD Win 2, but it turns out that windows 1903 just flat out broke BDO and it crashes within 2 minutes of my character loading in to the world.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The leveling experience is definitely "How can I kill the maximum number of things in as little time as possible". That changes once you get closer to the soft cap. You could experience it earlier if you skip over the story-driven leveling path and go where you aren't meant to.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah, you'll crush everything through calpheon and once you get to mediah/Valencia gear starts to matter a whole lot more.

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water

Nerdrock posted:

i've been trying hard to get into this for a while now. My biggest problem is how the XP flies in so quickly that you overpower everything levelling up. My witch is now 50 and i can count on 1 hand the amount of times i didn't have to just run at things holding right click. i took a boomerang loli or whatever the hell it is for a spin and levelling content is still easy, but slightly more involved and therefore fun. anyways I'm hoping this continues to scratch the itch I get to spend my occasional hour here hour there playing games.

Controller support is shockingly decent too. I also loved playing a little on my GPD Win 2, but it turns out that windows 1903 just flat out broke BDO and it crashes within 2 minutes of my character loading in to the world.

I hit 56, almost 57 not too long ago and things start to hurt. It changes fairly quickly on you

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

diapermeat posted:

Some realllllyyyy good attendance rewards for the 4th year anniversary if you were on the fence about coming back.

That's putting it lightly. Almost $200 worth of cash shop stuff for attendance rewards.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Arthil posted:

That's putting it lightly. Almost $200 worth of cash shop stuff for attendance rewards.

Really? I thought you only get a few random "lootboxes" + a golden bell + 15 days of value pack.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chalkece posted:

Really? I thought you only get a few random "lootboxes" + a golden bell + 15 days of value pack.

The t4 pet alone is worth over 50 bucks, then you have two maids, classic outfit, high end shakatu boxes, high end advice of valks. Lots of good stuff

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
As someone who made 5 T4 pets before they redid it, they're over $100 by worth

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Is the endgame equipment grind still a massive RNGfest?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
When is the 4th aniv login rewards starting?

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A few days ago.

J
Jun 10, 2001

SweetBro posted:

Is the endgame equipment grind still a massive RNGfest?

Yes but you can just straight up buy almost everything off the market now if you save up the silver.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Played Lahn, Mystic, and a bit of Dark Knight on PS4, and the last of the three seems strangely underpowered. I'm taking a lot more time to kill mobs with basic attacks, which was not what I was expecting from a big sword class. Is there some key mechanic I'm missing?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm a dk on PC. Are you awakened yet? What level are you? Do PS4 players have access to successions?

If you are ~50ish you need to be using wheel of Fortune, slanted balance, enforcement, and lunacy of vedir as much as up can. If you're awakened, spirit legacy is your bread and butter for mob kills because it ramps your monster damage with add ons assigned.

If you're succession, I can help you out more, but essentially you'll be maxing the same stuff I mentioned above. Join the discord in the op and I can answer any dk and most lifeskill questions.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

stump collector posted:

I'm a dk on PC. Are you awakened yet? What level are you? Do PS4 players have access to successions?

If you are ~50ish you need to be using wheel of Fortune, slanted balance, enforcement, and lunacy of vedir as much as up can. If you're awakened, spirit legacy is your bread and butter for mob kills because it ramps your monster damage with add ons assigned.

If you're succession, I can help you out more, but essentially you'll be maxing the same stuff I mentioned above. Join the discord in the op and I can answer any dk and most lifeskill questions.

Just level 18. It's just I'm a little surprised since the other two classes felt obviously much stronger out of the gate.

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
On PC dark knight key combinations feel like someone had their fingers one key over from where I was comfortable. This isn't saying anything anyway about the class as a whole but I do wonder about how that would translate to a controller.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do find it a little weird that my first long-ranged sniper attack starts with a sidestep.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I started this game up again for the first time in years and holy poo poo does it bombard you with windows of random stuff. If I just log on do I get the awards, or is there some sort of button or quest or something I have to do?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I do find it a little weird that my first long-ranged sniper attack starts with a sidestep.

She's basically a fairly weak melee class until you have slanted balance, lunacy of vedir, and wheel of Fortune with a few levels in them. Once she does awakening, she gets a lot of ranged skills. The succession kit, in general, combines a few skills from awakening and pre-awakening trees, with higher damage numbers, and you still have access to your original mainhand skills.

As for now, try using slanted balance, pervasive darkness, enforcement, lunacy, and wheel, and maybe lock a couple of the bad skills like ravage rake or repeated annihilation. They're not really bad for killing low level mobs but you won't use them later on in the game, because there are just better ways to rotate skills. Anyway, remember to have fun and just play a different class if you get bored.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 7, 2020

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Aww damnit looks like i missed the free download of this :(

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

gwrtheyrn posted:

As someone who made 5 T4 pets before they redid it, they're over $100 by worth

What's so special about a T4 pet?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
picks up loot much faster than a tier 1 pet

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Arthil posted:

A few days ago.

The update is 30gb, welp.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I started this game up again for the first time in years and holy poo poo does it bombard you with windows of random stuff. If I just log on do I get the awards, or is there some sort of button or quest or something I have to do?
Button on the lower right

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

Do you guys have a guide what to do when I reach lvl 56? Simply keep grinding until i'm 60, 61, 62, etc.?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jL-U4O4gA0d4e5OdO6v7stmZi_2NDTy-FXdXkR7huv4/view

this is pretty good

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

I'll need to search for it, but there is also a guide to help you get the Chenga Tome quickly and to level yourself from 56-60(61) relatively fast.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6yG-WqzExM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpbdffru1Vk

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

got this for free on steam, might check it out

sounds like i already missed some rewards from an event though :(

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Just log in each day and you'll end up getting most of them. I think the event quests are gone but you'll end up getting boss gear in a week or two and a majority of the login rewards

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So I've been choosing my classes mainly based on fabulosity. I feel like impossibly beautiful people slaughtering dozens of enemies with as much style, glamour, and flair as possible is the true Black Desert experience, and so my first three have been the Lahn, Mystic, and Dark Knight. I'm pretty satisfied with all of them, but which ones am I missing out? This is a game that rewards having lots of alts, after all.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Archer, guardian, kuno, ninja, musa, Mae

Witch, wizard, Valkyrie, beserker, and warrior seem opposite to your description but I'd try them all. Probably would go with kuno/maewah over their male counterparts because I think their kits are cooler even if they are worse at high level pve.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Ah? I was thinking Archer looked a little bland, and Sorceress had that glam-rock flair I was looking for. Do Archers and Maehwa do cool things with their relatively bread-and-butter weaponry, then?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Archer does backflips and frontflips and stuff but he's pretty boring I guess. I'd just queue up some videos of the classes you want to play and see how someone plays them. Sorc succession is really strong and easier than awakening I guess. I don't know much about classes other than DK. As a rule, all of the succession kits out right now are great for PVE, possibly with the exception of mystic and striker, as I hear no one likes their new kits.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
You can also create a trial character to play around with their awakening kit.

Chalkece
Jan 27, 2019

nogic posted:

You can also create a trial character to play around with their awakening kit.

Really? I thought you get a few extra slots and have to grind your way up. Will try that out, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Chalkece posted:

Really? I thought you get a few extra slots and have to grind your way up. Will try that out, thanks!

It's at the top, a different tab with about 1-3 slots.