Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

BMan posted:

"Orbs that give DR but fling themselves at enemies" is a loving stupid mechanic and I can't believe they did it twice

Ok so I wasn't the only one wondering what the gently caress they were thinking with Nova's 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Got like 12 argon back after the railjack refund, I go and check to see what I can make but it's only the Fortuna guns and they need exploiter bounty parts (I haven't touched fortuna in ages, only got to rank 2, never done orb stuff).

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 7, 2020

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The systems grind is painful, but it's so worth getting to the orb just so you never have to touch the index again. Not to mention hitting the chroma buff on a double credit weekend w/ a booster is :discourse:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Baruuk's 1 is useful to pop at the beginning of a mission to get "free" restraint while you run wherever you need to go. After that it's completely pointless.

Probably need to swap out cor for vir with nu-status. loving sell umbra forma in the market already DE.

throw to first drat IT posted:

Baruuk has 90% DR from his daggers, 50% DR from having all Restraint eroded and 40% DR from having Serene Storm active.
Don't forget the frontal block/parry/whatever from serene storm too. Baruuk is drat near impossible to actually kill if you aren't asleep at the keyboard.

Iretep posted:

to get baruuks 1 even working you need so much range that other skills become questionable to use.
You want high range to let 2 dump restraint anyway, and high range on 3 means you are constantly disarming enemies (and eroding restraint) which also reduces incoming damage. The only time you want to minimize range is a "gun platform" build or maybe a sortie rescue/defense build (don't recall offhand if daggers proc on npc allies).

BMan posted:

"Orbs that give DR but fling themselves at enemies" is a loving stupid mechanic and I can't believe they did it twice
Considering the maximum number of "orbs" spawned by both Baruuk and Nova is significantly higher than the number that gives maximum DR, I don't see that as a problem. It incentivizes remembering to re-cast the skill instead of toggle-and-forget or cast-and-forget like other DR skills.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

sushibandit posted:

Baruuk's 1 is useful to pop at the beginning of a mission to get "free" restraint while you run wherever you need to go. After that it's completely pointless.

Probably need to swap out cor for vir with nu-status. loving sell umbra forma in the market already DE.

I haven't played baruuk at all so I'm way out of depth commenting here, but isn't having umbra vitality and steel fiber a bit over kill with all the DR baruuk has going on?

Guilty fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 7, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Victory Position posted:

Is this is the end of CorPro? :ohdear:

Nope. Corpro is still the best because if the enemies can't have no armor, they can still have less.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It is overkill from that aspect but it boosts the intensify and there's not really much else of value to stick on there. If I could afford a couple of umbral forma I'd be using all 3 to boost the STR even more, but I'm too lazy to play the stupid battlepass thing daily.

Edit:
Because there's not much else of value to put in that spot? I mean, sure, I could re-forma to put one of the augur mods in for more str or range or maybe a parkour mod, but it's not worth the effort.

v

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 7, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

sushibandit posted:

It is overkill from that aspect but it boosts the intensify and there's not really much else of value to stick on there. If I could afford a couple of umbral forma I'd be using all 3 to boost the STR even more, but I'm too lazy to play the stupid battlepass thing daily.

Why don't you take out the steel fiber then until you can get umbra fiber?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Is there a reasonable alternative to doing Index for credit farming yet?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ristolaz posted:

Equip your finest Grendel fashionframe and dance at a relay for tips? Pull out your shawzin on a Grineer galleon and busk? Agree to post Warframe memes for Michael Bloomberg?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Profit-Taker Orb.

On a lesser degree, Neptune Disruption. It's not great but it's maybe less boring.

You can't dance for tips unless you dance well enough for people to spend plat gifting you credit bundles.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tylana posted:

Profit-Taker Orb.

On a lesser degree, Neptune Disruption. It's not great but it's maybe less boring.

You can't dance for tips unless you dance well enough for people to spend plat gifting you credit bundles.

you underestimate grendel's delicious jiggle physics

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

Medium risk index? I've just been going in with Revenant and Bramma on high risk. It's quite quick

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If you got a decently strong Limbo you can put the Index on total lockdown.

"Oh, you wanna score, eh? Well..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSkeqYkd-ng

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Screaming Idiot posted:

If you got a decently strong Limbo you can put the Index on total lockdown.

"Oh, you wanna score, eh? Well..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSkeqYkd-ng

That is not helpful unless you're doing the nightwave challenge

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Screaming Idiot posted:

you underestimate grendel's delicious jiggle physics

You underestimate the limitations of WF trading.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Unlock profit-taker orb and do quick runs with Chroma, leave his 4 active where profit-taker poops out the loot and you can double the credit reward, it can be pretty fast if you have a good loadout of weapons and the kavat/chroma credit doublers can make it more profitable then index, you'll get less rare mods but you might also get some rare profit taker drops or okayish rewards.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

sushibandit posted:

It is overkill from that aspect but it boosts the intensify and there's not really much else of value to stick on there.

You will get way more value out of Adaptation than any armor mod on Baruuk. His base health is also low so you're gaining relatively little from Umbral Vitality, especially when it blocks you from slotting an exilus mod. Power Drift (15%) is worth more than what you gain from the umbral set bonus (11%). With the shield changes Redirection + Adaptation (+ Arcane Aegis) is, imo, the most rewarding tank route for Baruuk.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tylana posted:

You underestimate the limitations of WF trading.

You underestimate the concept of stupid joke-posts that are meant to be "funny"

BMan posted:

That is not helpful unless you're doing the nightwave challenge

It's slow, but if you're having trouble getting wins or your teammates are total jackasses running around with rank-1 Excaliburs and MK-1 Paris it's a good way to secure wins. Another good way is to run in as Wukong with a decently buffed Arca Plasmor and no melee weapon; Wuclone beelines enemies like a madman.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Screaming Idiot posted:

are you loving kidding me

Amps alt fire staggers because amp alt fire used to self damage your operator I don't understand why this is weird to anyone??? It's literally just following the rules.
I'm confused help.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Spudd posted:

Amps alt fire staggers because amp alt fire used to self damage your operator I don't understand why this is weird to anyone??? It's literally just following the rules.
I'm confused help.

I literally never noticed they self damage until this update, that's how little damage they did to me.

I have to relearn how to use the amp now.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
aaaargh

I haven't touched this game for many months because eh... Kuva Liches, eh.... Railjack, eh... pretty much everything. Just felt like playing would be more effort than entertainment.

Just picked it back up to check out these changes and have realised that pretty much every weapon build is now utterly changed and have no idea what I'm doing now or what to build for and it feels like so much work and full on study to relearn this stuff, I think DE has actually broken my spirit at this point. help me

Guilty
May 3, 2003
So evidently the rakta dark daggers have a passive that makes you pretty much invincible with the new shield gating changes no matter what frame you're using. Was wondering if there was any super useful weapons from the Suda/steel/arbiters side, or weapon mods from those that are super useful before I swap to the other three syndicates. I have nearly every Warframe augment, so I'm just looking at weapons and wep mods right now

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Anything that regens shields hard and fast is going to be kind of strong right now, which is why the rakta dagger is getting some spotlight. Perrin Sequence has weapons that will regen some of your shield whenever the syndicate proc goes off but that's not going to happen anywhere near as fast as that dagger.

Spudd posted:

I'm confused help.

But I want to bathe in my void magic.

SadisTech posted:

aaaargh

I haven't touched this game for many months because eh... Kuva Liches, eh.... Railjack, eh... pretty much everything. Just felt like playing would be more effort than entertainment.

Just picked it back up to check out these changes and have realised that pretty much every weapon build is now utterly changed and have no idea what I'm doing now or what to build for and it feels like so much work and full on study to relearn this stuff, I think DE has actually broken my spirit at this point. help me

Well not much has changed as far as crit or heavy attack builds go, and while statuses did just get kind of wonky I get the feeling that DE is not done tweaking them, so don't really worry about learning everything right now. Corpro is still strong, viral and heat my be your best all around element combo, crazy shotgun math disappeared but shotguns are still likely to have their status stats tweaked a bit over the next months, maybe. Liches are a lot quicker than they have been and you can see what weapon they'll have before you even activate the lich, and railjack is like 1/8 of the cost that it use to be? something like that.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 7, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

FunkyFjord posted:

Anything that regens shields hard and fast is going to be kind of strong right now,

Which includes high level Corprus units, these dudes can be a huge pain in the rear end right now

Also Liches are faster but still annoying and too time-consuming, good rewards though and it's not like there's much else to do besides Liches and Railjack right now anyway

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Babe Magnet posted:

Which includes high level Corprus units, these dudes can be a huge pain in the rear end right now

Shield ospreys are actually infuriating now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

agreed, they're major kill-on-site right now. also they gave arbitration drones shield-gating too which is uhhhhh not fun to deal with

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SadisTech posted:

aaaargh

Status is the only real big time change, and that's probabably going to get some minor shakeups with time. Otherwise keep rolling corpro because even nerfed it's better than the other options at high level and always roll liches with a group, even pubs. New (old) shared stab murmurs make it go so much faster if you can get a little lucky with spawns.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

be aware if you're running liches with groups, killing someone else's lich won't raise your own lich's aggression bar, which means they'll hardly ever show up (and won't at all if you're not on a planet that your lich is on, which isn't likely until you've failed to kill it several times). You'll be stuck in a situation where you've got all the murmurs you could ever need, now you have to run lich missions 50 times in order to even get your lich to show up lol

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Why don't you take Hydroid to corpus missions since his 4 does magnetic damage? Or Mag I guess. Enemies have less accuracy now so you can keep moving and stay alive.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you ground out all your murmurs at rank 1, your best bet is just going to be clearing each planet fully. I dont think DE removed the garaunteed spawn on the final node.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have done it, I have the last weapon to have all the Kuva weapons, the Hind is still on a Lich, but I'm done hunting.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Oh hey, Archwing melee is broken. I wouldn't care, since I won't do Archwing stuff by choice, but the next mainline quest requires archwing combat. :(

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Got a question, is there a way to check how much elemental damage a Kuva weapon has when it's already in your inventory? Playing on switch.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
On PC it shows when you go to equip it in the arsenal.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Depends. Is it upgraded or still the base one you first got? If it's base, go look at the lich history in your lore console and check the lich. If it's upgraded you gotta do math manually. It's why I started an excel spreadsheet to keep tabs on upgrades.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Raptor1033 posted:

Depends. Is it upgraded or still the base one you first got? If it's base, go look at the lich history in your lore console and check the lich. If it's upgraded you gotta do math manually. It's why I started an excel spreadsheet to keep tabs on upgrades.

Ah, ok. Seems like a pain in the rear end, but better than nothing I guess. Thanks

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mortons stork posted:

Ok so I wasn't the only one wondering what the gently caress they were thinking with Nova's 1

Well 7 years after launch they finally added Molecular Fission to make it almost make sense.
If you use the fission augment, you'll get null stars back on kill but slowly lose them over time as they throw themselves at enemies, so it sort of makes sense as a "kill a bunch of enemies quickly to keep your DR up" mechanic.
The base version of null star without the augment is really weird though.

sushibandit posted:

Considering the maximum number of "orbs" spawned by both Baruuk and Nova is significantly higher than the number that gives maximum DR, I don't see that as a problem.

This is definitely not the case for Nova. The max number of null stars scales with duration, and you need completely min-maxed duration (300%+) to be able to hit the 90% DR cap. Even if you have all four duration mods, if your primed continuity or narrow minded isn't completely maxed out at level 10, you won't get the 18th star and you'll drop to 85% damage reduction.

CreoleMagick
Mar 14, 2019
I can't believe there are still goons who think the smeeta is the best pet in the game.

Smeetas are for farming. Use a Raksa with Hildryn. The shield moa is not bad either. If it's not a corpus fight and you don't have the Aug, the Secura dual pistol secondaries are fine, better with Arcane Velocity.

Sahasa kubrows can dig up 3 energy orbs at a time, and they will always dig up 3 at mission start if your Warframe has little to no mod capacity left. Adarza kuvats are amazing and Sharpened Claws is more useful now.

I'm going to reasses sentinels, especially Dethcube P with Energy Generator. I suspect the weapon mod sharing update might open up other options with mod sets. It definitely makes it easier to build the Vigilante and Gladiator set bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm thinking of building a moa buddy, can someone suggest a good build? I'm thinking of going for +HP and +armor and using the Lambeo head piece because it looks like a dapper top hat and generates a shield.