Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Volcano posted:

I would also love to be a RACCOON GOON!

So excited for this game. I've booked the 20th off work too.

Is everyone gonna try to get their favourite villagers with resetting and Amiibo cards and all that, or just take what you get? I'm hoping to make some new friends, but I also really want Bob - it won't be the same without him.

I’ve made a couple cards for villagers I want, but I think at first I’m just going to start off with 2 (Cherry and Tex) and see who else shows up naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I haven't even watched any announcements close enough to see who's new that might show up, I'm just gonna let it happen even if it's dumb ones that want to move in. Mayor Cap'n likes surprises.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Volcano posted:

Is everyone gonna try to get their favourite villagers with resetting and Amiibo cards and all that, or just take what you get? I'm hoping to make some new friends, but I also really want Bob - it won't be the same without him.

Ankha and Lucky being in my town is non-negotiable. I'll see who shows up after that.

cats
May 11, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Racc is a way better way to say Raccoon.

Racc

Racc city bitch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Volcano posted:

I would also love to be a RACCOON GOON!

So excited for this game. I've booked the 20th off work too.

The villager count is like 10 right? I have a gang of 5 or 6 favorites from New Leaf that I own cards for and I'll probably bring some of them in off the get go, but I'll just let some of the randos hang out and see where they go.

The instant Bowie Cat gets a card though one of those randos is getting voted off the island.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

I have 72 Amiibo cards and somehow none of them are for my favourites :(

It looks like it might be slightly easier to recruit new villagers this time around though, so maybe I'll get lucky and find Bob that way.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Volcano posted:

I'm going to take whoever shows up. I'd really like an octopus villager but using amiibo cards to get them just feels wrong too me.

GoodBee posted:

I'm going to make new friends. There's a couple of villagers that just look too stupid to keep around but I can probably chase them off.

That's how I feel. I used to hate cranky villagers a ton but I can live with em now. The only ones I'm gonna drive out would have to be really ugly.

My little sister keeps talking about how she will reset if a single monkey or gorilla shows up on her island. Its mildly uncomfortable.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm gonna be checking Target and Game Stop for packs of villager cards as soon as I get the game.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Volcano posted:

The only one I definitely want to get is Coco. She was definitely my favourite neighbor in NL and not having her around would be weird, but seeing which random ones drop in is always fun.

It'll be interesting to see what villagers are represented most on various islands as you hop around.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Waffle! posted:

I'm gonna be checking Target and Game Stop for packs of villager cards as soon as I get the game.

They've been out of print for awhile now. Apparently Japan might be getting a second run but with how production of a lot of stuff has ground to a halt I kinda doubt there will be a lot.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They've been out of print for awhile now. Apparently Japan might be getting a second run but with how production of a lot of stuff has ground to a halt I kinda doubt there will be a lot.

I had heard somewhere about a reprint being done for those cards, but the current events going on might affect that.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Eventually, I'd like to get Moe (my BFF), Lucky (my birthday buddy) and Ankha (my favorite design), but time enough for that later. I'll go with whoever shows up (especially since we don't seem to know more than a few of the new ones right now?) and work on getting the cards to summon my favs later.

If I can finagle it, I'd eventually like to have an island full of cats, like how I only keep the cats in my camp in Pocket Camp.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Kitten Nightmares posted:

Okay, I'm so loving in on this raccoon goon gang tag dogpile.

Has anyone thought to go opposite seasons/hemispheres with a close friend or family member to get access to different bugs and fish? I offered to do it with my fiance and he said he'd rather just play through the seasons in real time and that made me feel like a dirty cheater :sigh:

My wife is gonna do northern hemisphere and I’m gonna do southern, so anyone who wants to visit the opposite season is welcome in my town once we get the game going!

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
Any indication as to whether the best friend status will only affect shovels and axes? I want as many people to come to my town as I can, but I also don't want all my flowers hosed up

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I really want Cherry, but I don’t have her card and I don’t feel like resetting until I get one villager out of nearly 400.

Maybe I’ll just get lucky some day.

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

Two Worlds posted:

Any indication as to whether the best friend status will only affect shovels and axes? I want as many people to come to my town as I can, but I also don't want all my flowers hosed up

You have to use a shovel to pick up flowers now. I guess they can still run over them but at least they'll grow back.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

broken pixel posted:

Give me just a few and I'll kick 'er up a notch

EDIT: notched up a kick

Uh, I believe the proper plural form is RACCOONS GOON. :colbert:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Let's just say "COON GOONS".

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Excuse me—tell that to Tom Nook. :colbert:

Here it is: raccoongoonsgangtag_final final update copy 2 desaturatedgrass.png

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't have any cards but as strange as it is I've never had a favorite villager. I like a lot of them though so I will just hope I get some good ones on my island.

Since there's no way for any of us to know the answer to this since it's the first time it's been possible to my knowledge, I'd like to think out loud and see what people think. I'm gonna be playing this game in Japanese... I wonder what that's gonna mean for how people see me and my island? Will they just be in Japanese or auto romanized? I assume the former since Pokemon and Mario Kart have no trouble displaying other languages but it's never too late for Nintendo to get weird with online.

EDIT: also I would like to be a raccoon goon but what happened to incorporating the angry eyes?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I don't remember any villagers from Wild World or the GC but Lobo was one of my starting villagers in New Leaf and I decided he was my BFF. I don't really remember the other ones though.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS

Updated again while howling and gibbering at how much manual labour I'm going to end up doing tomorrow

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

broken pixel posted:

Perfect, ship it. I'm ambivalent about the angry eyes, but this is excellent.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I can't remember if I threw out those cards or put them in a drawer, but I will probably be too lazy to clone new ones and just take whoever shows up.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I haven't played an AC before so I know no one thus I will welcome any villager with open arms and decide then and there if I like or hate them.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I almost always use the app so dont see gang tags, but I do love a bandwagon so get me in!

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The Nintendo UK website is currently selling series 1-3. Hopefully that means they'll be available in other countries soon as well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

broken pixel posted:

This is fantastic. The perfect tag.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I want camofrog in my town so bad. He's so cranky, I love him. I haven't had him in a town since the gamecube version. I keep thinking they dropped him from the game since I never see him but apparently I'm just unlucky. Him or Kyle. I have so many of the cards but not of those two.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is fantastic. The perfect tag.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
I'll be a Raccoon Goon if they're still recruiting. I remember trying to collect the NES games on the original game way back when. I wonder if we'll be able to collect GBA games or something.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I'd be ok with them keeping puzzle league in there at the very least. That was a great addition to New Leaf. I sorta doubt they'll put the classic roms back into AC.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Achernar posted:

I'll be a Raccoon Goon if they're still recruiting. I remember trying to collect the NES games on the original game way back when. I wonder if we'll be able to collect GBA games or something.

The best you can hope for is consoles containing minigames like New Leaf which had a 3DS that would let you play an Animal Crossing themed Tetris Attack/Planet Puzzle League/Puzzle De Pon and a WiiU that would let you play the only good part of Amiibo Festival, Desert Island Escape.

Maybe this is how we get a new Advance Wars.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

All the good video games that Nintendo has abandoned all coalescing around Animal Crossing...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Electric Phantasm posted:

All the good video games that Nintendo has abandoned all coalescing around Animal Crossing...

Animal Crossing/Blast Corps crossover when

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

broken pixel posted:

It's perfect!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saw some better pics of the dock now that stores are starting to get their stock.

This seems like a really bizarre thing to complain about, but: Tom Nook is wearing too much pants and it looks weird.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236436034927439874

More commercials

Vanant
Mar 27, 2010
I'd like to be a Raccoon Goon if you please! :3:

I hope I get Freya or Chief as one of my starting villagers, I had both in New Leaf and they were easily my favorite.

If I get Anicotti again I'm gonna break the bug net over her dumb head :11tea:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Raccoon Goons... :ohdear: