Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If anyone has an interest in colony ships in fiction look up Seedship on your phone App Store (definitely Apple, I think Anroid as well) - quick to play through each game and very moreish.

Played a round. Interesting little game with interesting decisions to make.

My colonists became slaves to a post atomic horror civilization on a world spanning ocean planet :smith:

Edit: This might be as best as can be accomplished?

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

MikusR posted:

It took 100 years to get to Babylon 5. https://babylon5.fandom.com/wiki/The_Long_Dark

Completely forgot about this episode. Love that B5 addressed it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TraderStav posted:

That’s fair. B5 uses the jump gate way of traversing the galaxy. Which I really enjoyed that they explored that quite a bit through the series. Native species to it, getting lost if not tethered, fleets hiding there, etc.

drat. B5 rules

In addition, in The Fall of Night they make the point that Centauri pilots can both withstand more g forces and also will happily black out in order to get the drop on someone in combat situations

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

In addition, in The Fall of Night they make the point that Centauri pilots can both withstand more g forces and also will happily black out in order to get the drop on someone in combat situations

Also different species use different atmosphere inside their ships, so they explode in ,for example, green while human ships explode in red.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Season 5 feels like a slog after s4 finale. I feel good for Lando finally.
Really posting so I can find my post where I stopped the episodic watch-through.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Played a round. Interesting little game with interesting decisions to make.

My colonists became slaves to a post atomic horror civilization on a world spanning ocean planet :smith:

Edit: This might be as best as can be accomplished?

Having scored multiple games north of 11k I think you can do way better. A simple and very interesting game. Thanks to whoever suggested it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Season 5 feels like a slog after s4 finale. I feel good for Lando finally.
Really posting so I can find my post where I stopped the episodic watch-through.

Having scored multiple games north of 11k I think you can do way better. A simple and very interesting game. Thanks to whoever suggested it.

The 2nd half of S5 is a return to form, stick with it and you won't be disappointed.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Super cool! You should keep playing and try to get even higher! I only played three games over a week ago. Also, the poster who suggested it is quoted in the very same post you just quoted.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Just seeing lyta dezombified in the back half of 5 is great. Byron really was terrible in every way.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Well everyone it's time to watch the most topical episode in the current rewatch

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Well everyone it's time to watch the most topical episode in the current rewatch

Confessions and Lamentations?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

TraderStav posted:

Confessions and Lamentations?

Ding ding ding

head58
Apr 1, 2013

And Now for a Word is pretty spot on these days as well.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
My Apocalypse Box suggested rewatching Crusade would be appropriate, too.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

head58 posted:

And Now for a Word is pretty spot on these days as well.

As a matter of fact, I was just watching The Illusion of Truth.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sebmojo posted:

Just seeing lyta dezombified in the back half of 5 is great. Byron really was terrible in every way.

She certainly warms right back up as a character :v:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
Those are great photos. Are they from a convention?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yes, 1996

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

5x18
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Lando Mollari the Posessed?
I cried.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

get used to it

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Next 4 episodes are going to be quite hard on you

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Man the back end of s5 is really strong. I love lyta as badass psychic terrorist financier

I'm watching with a friend and we're three from the end: sleeping in light is just going to destroy her.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Next 4 episodes are going to be quite hard on you

In the most beautiful way possible.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

sebmojo posted:

Man the back end of s5 is really strong. I love lyta as badass psychic terrorist financier

I'm right at the spot in S4 where she starts clearly saying "Why does nobody ever come to me unless they want something?" I really enjoy how she has her own agency and isn't just a device for the episode's plot, building to S5's "Yes, that's a nice plan and all, but what do I get out of it? I need rent money."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Vavrek posted:

I'm right at the spot in S4 where she starts clearly saying "Why does nobody ever come to me unless they want something?" I really enjoy how she has her own agency and isn't just a device for the episode's plot, building to S5's "Yes, that's a nice plan and all, but what do I get out of it? I need rent money."

A world in which the thematically-potent telepath arc of the first half was properly executed by an actor with real charisma and Lyta got some actual lines is a bright one in my mind

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

This...this hits harder than I thought. Way too close. More than just a very good show coming to an end.
Did we do good in our lives, did we manage to achieve something? Was it all worth it?
Will this all ever matter to someone other than just yourself?
I'm having an existential crisis now.

They did good on closing it all down. All arcs (major ones) finished, but its just a beginning of another journey. Although they might have chosen to save B5, buy it, also what happened to Epsilon 3 and many other questions...Like if G'Kar & Londo really happened that one day and why, what happened to G'Kar himself, Lyta? Oh...

Now I have to summarize it all and write down in form of short episode reviews.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 17, 2020

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's such a good finale.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think I saluted.

I know I cried.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I've watched it through at least 7 times over the years and it still never fails to get me.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Pick posted:

It's such a good finale.

I'm sort of thrilling with anticipation at my friend seeing it, having gone through the entire series :shobon:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

sebmojo posted:

I'm sort of thrilling with anticipation at my friend seeing it, having gone through the entire series :shobon:

i hate you, i hate goodbyes, i love this gd show

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
absolute lmao at when they go into bay 13 and see the vorlon ship which is composed of about 3 pixels

Yes... so beautiful

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

absolute lmao at when they go into bay 13 and see the vorlon ship which is composed of about 3 pixels

Yes... so beautiful

For the time that's a pretty technically-impressive shot for television.

But yeah, that texture is a wee bit stretched with poor scaling :v:.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The early CGI is easily the worst part of the show. The Vorlon ship is especially hilarious.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vavrek posted:

One dinner invitation would have saved so much trouble.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

mllaneza posted:

One dinner invitation would have saved so much trouble.

From someone who isn't Zack

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Remember... there is danger...

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Yes... so beautiful

orcane posted:

The early CGI is easily the worst part of the show. The Vorlon ship is especially hilarious.

Lets take it 'how it was' (how I did it):

vs

contemporary 'high-budget' 3D game

I think Vorlon ship is beautiful.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

MrL_JaKiri posted:

A great look crosses her face when, at a timing that would've been perfect for him to ask her out to dinner (whether or not she'd want to go out with him), he offers to help her unpack with an "I'll bring pizza!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Zack's actually got intensely powerful game, he's just playing on a level not perceivable to we mere mortals