Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It was kinda necessary to avoid people effortlessly dodging bans for API abuse

just keep banning them and taking their money lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Urgh, I'm only lv9 and the wait until lv5 was quite enough for me, as-is. :negative:
If I was still going pre-flea market, I'd be butt poor still (got 3.5mil right now, after using the FM to seel junk) and would be hating life. Urgh. I like doing night raids with NVGs and suppressors too much, I think

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It was kinda necessary to avoid people effortlessly dodging bans for API abuse

You're going to have to clarify that. If they can dodge bans at 5 what changes at 15? It's like they want to kill their game. New players are going to have much harder time without access to the Flea Market.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

You're going to have to clarify that. If they can dodge bans at 5 what changes at 15? It's like they want to kill their game. New players are going to have much harder time without access to the Flea Market.

It's much faster to get to level 5 than 15?

And yes, Nikita wants a playerbase of 30k, not 300k.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

it *does* impose an additional time cost b/c level 15 requires 11x as much xp as level 5

which is way more brutal for new players than any serious RMT person

I’d expect an uptick in aimbots on more maps

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's much faster to get to level 5 than 15?

And yes, Nikita wants a playerbase of 30k, not 300k.

Right, I still don't understand the dodge bans comment. All this does is extend the length of time it takes for them to abuse the API and (hopefully get banned) which seems also counter to BSG's bottom line if it takes them longer to get banned and buy a new account.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
At least you wont have to deal with it for a while, wipe isnt due till June

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
The flea change is just there to make the strength changes to look like less poo poo. Good luck dropping all your gear to carry a tank battery out of raid.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
:allears:

Remember when there was no flea market?

Guys, relax. It'll be fine.

And to all the complaining about how you're not gonna like doing the quests over and over and over? Don't do 'em, or do them passively. Trust, as someone who's gone through countless wipes, you'll be just fine.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Captain Gordon posted:

At least you wont have to deal with it for a while, wipe isnt due till June

I thought Nikita implied on a podcast the next content patch was expected sooner. This might come before the next wipe.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

DrBox posted:

I thought Nikita implied on a podcast the next content patch was expected sooner. This might come before the next wipe.

They posted preliminary patch notes, so the next patch will be within the next few days (friendly reminder that BSG does work weekends, and have done things like patches on weekends before). The wipe, according to lord nikita, isn't until at least July, with a few content patches in between then and now.

Bear in mind however, that if nikita says July, that means November is when you can expect the wipe.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

:allears:

Remember when there was no flea market?

Guys, relax. It'll be fine.

And to all the complaining about how you're not gonna like doing the quests over and over and over? Don't do 'em, or do them passively. Trust, as someone who's gone through countless wipes, you'll be just fine.

yeah but there was also no out of raid healing, items were different, and *everyone* lacked flea market access

to my mind there is a huge difference between some (or even most) people having more advanced vendors and starting when nearly everyone has access to everything and you’ve got Prapor level 1

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'd like limiting the flea market in some ways and make the traders more relevant as i pretty much totally ignore them, but limiting it to level doesn't do that.

also i don't think the level 15 requirement is the end of the world and it does stop a lot of easy market bots as it takes over 10x the number of games played in order to access the flea market.

flea market bots can make hundreds of dollars in a couple of days before they're banned, that's why there are so many and the flea change basically made them super effective as individuals are far less capable of watching items.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Wait is this lvl 15 flea market change coming post wipe? Because it would seem less lovely if that's the case. I'm a little less bothered by it if everyone around me has the same limitation and the entire planet is starting from scratch.

But if this is coming right now it could straight up boot several friends I have currently learning this game from even wanting to try.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
But muh free market

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

The highlight of my week so far.

Killed his mate then he grabbed stuff to run then I killed him :)

https://streamable.com/b7apz

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Wait is this lvl 15 flea market change coming post wipe? Because it would seem less lovely if that's the case. I'm a little less bothered by it if everyone around me has the same limitation and the entire planet is starting from scratch.

But if this is coming right now it could straight up boot several friends I have currently learning this game from even wanting to try.

Next patch, which will not be a wipe.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mortlock posted:

The highlight of my week so far.

Killed his mate then he grabbed stuff to run then I killed him :)

https://streamable.com/b7apz

lol the matching guns :gay:

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

This is another one.

come across a random dead body while doing my Mosin Missions. Decide to ditch some of my stuff as its insured so I can claim his.

Then all of a sudden the killer runs up and starts looting also.

Apologies in advance for my retard brother.

https://streamable.com/9ys16

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I get the level 15 in order to stop people buying their way through early quests but at the moment that puts you at a huge disadvantage economically.

They'll have to change make the in game traders prices more dynamic.

I better get to 15 by next weekend!

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I’m guessing part of it is to discourage people from botting the market, RMTing their gear, getting banned, and then using stolen credit cards to buy a new account. BSG doesn’t really “make money” on those because the chargebacks end up hurting them. This is what most gaming companies have to deal with, and a lot of them have dedicated teams to manage that risk. I’m guessing BSG doesn’t.

The level 15 change certainly won’t stop it, but given that you could almost get to level 5 by merely examining all the unknown items in shops, I understand why they’re doing it. It WILL gently caress up prices on the market, though, and I’m certainly curious to see how low level players will compete with > 15 guys once this goes into effect and the wipe happens. I think that’ll be interesting.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
it's me, I'm the lvl 5 stock market trader with a standard account who's traded my way to riches and never completed quests

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
they just need a rework of the flea/trader system, as it is there is absolutely no reason to use the traders (or do quests) if you're anywhere decent at the game because of how insanely easy it is to be profitable with budget loadouts.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
(1) giving traders limited money and
(2) not letting people list vendor-bought items for more than purchase price (and maybe plus the market list fee) (or maybe a 25%-50% markup but no more than that)

would go a long way, I think

but for real, the traders need loving limited money. It's loving ridiculous that one can just camp various listings, buy out stuff and loving vendor it and instantly make a profit and inject free money into the economy.

Maybe make it so therapist doesn't pay such crazy prices for random items, too. 318k for a mag box? Why? it's a loving box. And why does Peacekeeper pay such crazy amounts for diaries/flash drives/etc.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

really feel like pairing the flea market locked behind level 15 instead of 5 with traders having limited money and not paying well for items is only going to compound how awful the first 15 levels will be for people

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Ambaire posted:

(1) giving traders limited money and
(2) not letting people list vendor-bought items for more than purchase price (and maybe plus the market list fee) (or maybe a 25%-50% markup but no more than that)

would go a long way, I think

but for real, the traders need loving limited money. It's loving ridiculous that one can just camp various listings, buy out stuff and loving vendor it and instantly make a profit and inject free money into the economy.

Maybe make it so therapist doesn't pay such crazy prices for random items, too. 318k for a mag box? Why? it's a loving box. And why does Peacekeeper pay such crazy amounts for thediaries/flash drives/etc.

Because you have never played the game your opinion is legitimately invalid here because you don't actually know anything about how the market is affected by gameplay mechanics. Those items are expensive because they are super rare... duh. They are all rarer than graphics cards.

Giving traders limited money is the dumbest poo poo I ever heard and that is saying alot with this thread. It is dumber than the idiot that thinks lag switching isn't hacking.

Really they should just make it so the flea listing thing warns you about listing under vendor price and BOOM problem solved.

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 7, 2020

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Lol as if the quests weren’t already lovely enough

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Pathos posted:

I’m guessing part of it is to discourage people from botting the market, RMTing their gear, getting banned, and then using stolen credit cards to buy a new account. BSG doesn’t really “make money” on those because the chargebacks end up hurting them. This is what most gaming companies have to deal with, and a lot of them have dedicated teams to manage that risk. I’m guessing BSG doesn’t.

The level 15 change certainly won’t stop it, but given that you could almost get to level 5 by merely examining all the unknown items in shops, I understand why they’re doing it. It WILL gently caress up prices on the market, though, and I’m certainly curious to see how low level players will compete with > 15 guys once this goes into effect and the wipe happens. I think that’ll be interesting.

I don’t really buy that it’s a bot prevention thing, has BSG states it is? It seems much more likely that it’s just a good old fashioned negative-QoL change that aligns the game more with Nikitas vision or whatever.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

causticBeet posted:

I don’t really buy that it’s a bot prevention thing, has BSG states it is? It seems much more likely that it’s just a good old fashioned negative-QoL change that aligns the game more with Nikitas vision or whatever.

As I literally said in my first paragraph: I’m guessing. But if you check eBay there are a TON of RMT listings for the game, and at some pretty steep loving prices too (>$70 for labs keycard sets). Given that we know people bot the market (someone in the last iteration of this thread posted about being banned for doing it), and we know people RMT, I don’t see why you’d be suspicious of this idea. The only part of my post that was guesswork was people using stolen credit cards to buy accounts to facilitate this, but that happens in literally every single game with this sort of thing so it wouldn’t exactly shock me.

Pathos fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 7, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

outside of labs, there is hardly an item sink in the game. rigs, headphones, backpacks and weapons and weapon mods need to break with use and lose durability on death or something so that the market isn't horribly saturated and it's pricefloored by the trader buy price.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Like the whole value of so many items is because... players.... will buy them... for specific quests.... and some items.... like loving white armor.... take forever to find...........

Like poo poo dude I've been working my rear end off on this game, I've got like 80 hours in total, I'm still learning tiny little bits at a time. This games skill curve goes on FOREVER and I don't think putting more stupid rear end barriers in the way of entry level players (who are already confronted with a universe of high rank hardons) to help them learn to have fun.

InevitableCheese posted:

Lol as if the quests weren’t already lovely enough

Love how basically requiring people to watch youtube walkthroughs and read wiki pages = hardcore. Very few people are making these discoveries themselves. Just put more tips and clues in the game fucks sake. Tell me, Skier, where I can find your poo poo rear end body armor, at least nudge me in the cardinal direction. I like that buying it for the quest is at least a choice I have, and open-ended choices to play style and quest progression are a big part of the game.

Honestly I love the game but this level constraint for the flea market (at the state the game is right now) is needlessly punitive MOSTLY because it puts a level cap for buying good ammo. I fear complacent lvl39s less when I've got BP to punch through them with.

Also, truthfully? This game's addiction loop didn't click for my until I started playing with the flea market. All of my friends have had the same experience.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah quests are complete dogshit there should be a hud indicator telling you exactly where to go that you can enable, because

1) requiring new players to look poo poo up on the wiki is bad
2) requiring experienced players to invest in very long monotonous time sinks is bad
3) HUD indicator along with good descriptions of where items are can help new players learn the maps in the first place

god knows i've never done customs so i don't know where brapor's stupid rear end pocketwatch is and i never will since there is absolutely no reason for me to ever want to get it AND i don't wanna look at a map out of game for 3-5 games to figure it out.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

twig1919 posted:

Because you have never played the game your opinion is legitimately invalid here because you don't actually know anything about how the market is affected by gameplay mechanics. Those items are expensive because they are super rare... duh. They are all rarer than graphics cards.

Giving traders limited money is the dumbest poo poo I ever heard and that is saying alot with this thread. It is dumber than the idiot that thinks lag switching isn't hacking.

Really they should just make it so the flea listing thing warns you about listing under vendor price and BOOM problem solved.

Do you ever wonder why you almost never see items listed on the flea market for less than x price? It's because the vendors pay so much for them, with infinite money that never runs out. When I was camping diaries and flash drives, while noone was buying them to vendor, diaries could drop down to 25k and flash drives 40k before someone came along and bought them all out up to 40/56k just to sell to peacekeeper for 45k and 63k equivalents. (~$406 and ~$567). Infinitely according to player supply. How/why is that good game design?

Also, this would partly kill the market bots because infinitely buying various barter items and selling them to therapist wouldn't be viable anymore.

twig1919 posted:

Those items are expensive because they are super rare... duh. They are all rarer than graphics cards.

I'm not questioning the rarity. I'm not questioning how much it costs to obtain them. I'm questioning the absurd price the traders pay for them and the fact traders will buy effectively infinite of them if the player supply exists.

Also, magazine cases seem like a dumb case to argue about. Why are they so expensive? Because Therapist pays 318,750 for them. Why are empty blue fuel cans so expensive? Because they're used in that craft and the price has settled around what players are willing to pay for the profit. If magazine cases vendored for 100k, empty blue fuel cans would probably only be worth 10k apiece or less.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 7, 2020

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Also, truthfully? This game's addiction loop didn't click for my until I started playing with the flea market. All of my friends have had the same experience.

Doesn't help that buying items in a reasonably organized fashion also only works through the flea market.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

1) The only item sinks in the game are Labs and basically traders due to how effective insurance is. This means that pretty much every normal item is at or near that price floor. The only times items are actually removed from the economy is when the price is so goddamn low that people literally cannot be hosed to list it on the flea market for 1% more than what a trader will get them for it. Introduce a durability or a chance to break upon death* to ALL wearable items (headphones, unarmored rigs, straps, weapons, backpacks, etc) so that things actually break. *preferred

2) Trader recipes are 99% useless. There is no reason to buy a poop-stained AK-74S handguard MK 3 from brapor, or the other 21 different colors of that same handguard. No one buys these. On the other hand, there are recipes that are INCREDIBLY VALUABLE because of the either globally limited or personally limited stock. In my opinion, globally limited stock is bad, but personally limited stock is good. The flea market has made barter items effectively obsolete as pretty much any trader-barter recipe is going to be priced in almost immediately. I would make all barter trades to traders require that the barter item be 'Found in Raid', which could have either been found in raid, or be built in the hideout (potentially from flea market items.) This adds depth and niches to the market and hideout that people can discover and utilize. They also need to totally remove all of the globally limited items and instead convert them into a personally limited item. I would also like to see a system where the trader sell prices fluctuate based on how many of those items are being sold, so if a bunch of hatchet boys are spam selling HDDs every day the price will gravitate downward. They also need to be careful of certain items being created in multiple ways such that one method of creation isn't far easier than the other, making a trade be effectively useless (many such examples!).

3) There are incredibly profitable items to sell to traders for absolutely no reason, mainly bitcoin, several cases, tons of electronics, etc. They should simply let supply/demand manage the value of these items instead of creating stupid rear end price floors for literally no reason. Once again, there is effectively no point to barter items or other currencies if they can be readily converted to and from the main currency completely freely (see #2).

The goal is to give people who do quests and level up their traders a measurable advantage, to give people who level up and build their hideout an advantage, and those who properly manage and utilize both even more of an advantage. If you're a good player you can max out your traders in a day or two, and your hideout in a week but if you're a good player there literally is no point- just do a labs run and you'll make more off of a moderately lucky run to outpace a week of your hideout/trader's money making potential. The best stuff should be made by players in the hideout, not randomly found on barrels or on every single raider in labs.

also they need to introduce t7/t8/t9 armor already goddamn i have so much money and t6 armor is literally not even worth buying at all.

Also they could limit the value of poo poo you can buy/sell to the flea market based on your flea market rep and your level per flea market reset period.

[Player Level]^1.4*10,000 + [Flea Market Rep]*25,000

also remove barters on the flea market

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Doesn't help that buying items in a reasonably organized fashion also only works through the flea market.

you can buy poo poo from traders via the flea market interface relatively easily.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 7, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Fewer people on - less matching time its fine

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

also they need to introduce t7/t8/t9 armor already goddamn i have so much money and t6 armor is literally not even worth buying at all.

The rest of your post is garbage as usual but I just wanna focus in on this part and how totally oblivious it is. The armor classes in the game are based on real-life ballistic levels. There will never be tier 7/8/9 armor because it doesn't exist. There is no armor in the world that will tank dozens of 54R shots for you and they won't ever add it. The armor classes in the game are based on the GOST armor standard and the most we'll ever see is 6A (which I believe is Fort armor).

The only changes they're making to armor in the future is going to be that you'll have to buy and replace the ceramic plates individually, creating even more of a money sink into armor.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Mortlock posted:

This is another one.

come across a random dead body while doing my Mosin Missions. Decide to ditch some of my stuff as its insured so I can claim his.

Then all of a sudden the killer runs up and starts looting also.

Apologies in advance for my retard brother.

https://streamable.com/9ys16

This seems so fake. Not one of you said oval office during this entire encounter.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The rest of your post is garbage as usual but I just wanna focus in on this part and how totally oblivious it is. The armor classes in the game are based on real-life ballistic levels. There will never be tier 7/8/9 armor because it doesn't exist. There is no armor in the world that will tank dozens of 54R shots for you and they won't ever add it. The armor classes in the game are based on the GOST armor standard and the most we'll ever see is 6A (which I believe is Fort armor).

The only changes they're making to armor in the future is going to be that you'll have to buy and replace the ceramic plates individually, creating even more of a money sink into armor.

i don't care if it's not realistic, i want it because t6 armor is basically useless anyway. balancing a game based off of realism is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i don't care if it's not realistic, i want it because t6 armor is basically useless anyway. balancing a game based off of realism is dumb

Play a different game.