Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Well, Chip has run its course.

Now bring back Ted Sheckler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Niwrad posted:

Good god what happened to Sam? He aged like 30 years

I can't get over how awful his beard looks now. For a while there he could almost pass as human.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
You gotta know he's stopping the Chip character because another comedian shamed him for it (probably Rogan). That's the only reason Jim quits poo poo is if he gets his feelings hurt. Derek Jeter snubs him for a photo so he hates the Yankees now. Another comedian won't do him a favor so he unfollows all his comedian friends on twitter. Just saying it's run it's course is bullshit for him. O&A had run it's course years before it ended and he stayed on with Opie after Anthony got fired. His "tranny" and AIDS jokes have run their course and he still does them. Jim always stays too long at the party.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jeter is and was a piece of poo poo so I do love Norton flipping out over that.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

JFC posted:

You gotta know he's stopping the Chip character because another comedian shamed him for it (probably Rogan). That's the only reason Jim quits poo poo is if he gets his feelings hurt. Derek Jeter snubs him for a photo so he hates the Yankees now. Another comedian won't do him a favor so he unfollows all his comedian friends on twitter. Just saying it's run it's course is bullshit for him. O&A had run it's course years before it ended and he stayed on with Opie after Anthony got fired. His "tranny" and AIDS jokes have run their course and he still does them. Jim always stays too long at the party.

Weeks ago he was still going on and on about how much he loves doing Chip Cameos so you're definitely right.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
That isn't okay. Don't fool me like that, thinking Sam has a loving lovely lumberjack beard and subdermal implants to make his skull look like it has Klingon ridges.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Now bring back Cregg Schinkel

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
The Uncle Paul Pedocast.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Now bring back Ted Sheckler.

B I L L - T ... E T L E - YYYYYYYY

BILL TETLEY

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile...

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I think he is quitting because it probably feels like a waste of time. He doesn't get sponsors and it's the same old fans of O&A watching it, there is no new audience.

He finally realizes it's a character that should have been used as it original was, an occasional gag on the radio show. Reminder that he thought he could make a cartoon out of it and took a bunch of fan money on a donation site and never lived up to the majority of stuff he claimed would happen with it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chip-chipperson-animation#/

:lol: 200k

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I love everything about this clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUpflcCDfdo

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Sounds like Rob quit the show too.

I wonder if it's a pain to work for Jim and Sam or if the pay just sucks @ SIRIUS even though Troy and Travis have been there forever.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Jim pitched some Chip thing to Rogan before going on his podcast and Rogan didn’t get it at all. This is why he mentioned Joe like three times during his explanation.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

80s James Hetfield posted:

Sounds like Rob quit the show too.

I wonder if it's a pain to work for Jim and Sam or if the pay just sucks @ SIRIUS even though Troy and Travis have been there forever.

Troy and Travis are getting O&A level staff compensation. It's probably not amazing but certainly better than the average show on SiriusXM. The new kids are getting peanuts because they are low level employees and SiriusXM pays alright for media but still pretty below average for a major city, especially NYC.

They are also probably a pain in the rear end to work for as well. So yeah, low pay, lovely bosses, gently caress that.

That's what happened to Steve by the way, he was making a shitload for a producer of a radio show because of the O&A name and XM being better to their employees.

However, then the companies merged and were about to go under, the recession, etc. They basically pushed him out because he made 3-4x that of other similar titled employees and they knew they could do the show without paying him so much and needed serious costs cutting.

...and then he hung himself.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Grr.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Jim pitched some Chip thing to Rogan before going on his podcast and Rogan didn’t get it at all. This is why he mentioned Joe like three times during his explanation.

I called it right then.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
That’s terrible, I’m sorry.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They're not capri shorts!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Cockmeat! Nothing but cockmeat!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

An interesting bit with Steve. Note: link goes right to the meat of the bit, not the 32 minutes of filler before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc1rsO3c40I&t=1950s

Added bonus: the lady who did the hole bits posted in the comments, if you are so interested.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

sometimes when I'm just doing something else the name of a random radio show or bit that appeared on jocktober will just pop into my head. today's were "wild and fee" and "hell no to h2o"

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Jim & Sam sure do get a lot of vacation time. It seems like once a month they're off for one or more of their 4 weekly work days.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Oh you gotta turn your knob, oh you gotta turn your knob

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

empty baggie posted:

Jim & Sam sure do get a lot of vacation time. It seems like once a month they're off for one or more of their 4 weekly work days.

Don't call in and mention this unless you want to risk Sam's parents calling in to tell you how hard he works.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Knissors up ✌

Morter fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 6, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jesus Cumia is a moron.

https://twitter.com/CompoundBoss/status/1235720954258604032

(Trump quote tweeted this)

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 6, 2020

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

drat that's some real brain worms poo poo

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

You know what I love in a land of freedom and choice?

Authoritative.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is it moreso calculated to pander to the audience that will have him, or what his dumb brain really believes?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Feeling the sense of belonging is probably one of the major factors in being all in on believing it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Shocking considering I saw Cumia was at a Bernie rally recently.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was barely listening by the time he was fired and I can’t imagine how insufferable he’d be if he wasn’t.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Smugworth posted:

Is it moreso calculated to pander to the audience that will have him, or what his dumb brain really believes?

I hadn't been listening after Obama but based on that documentary it's what he really believes. He was calling Trayvon a thug and saying he got what he deserved while Jimmy was trying to say he was just a kid.

He also had a super racist author on his show and the author and Ron had a super awkward interaction that made Cumia clam up like dad was throwing spaghetti against the wall.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Morter posted:

You know what I love in a land of freedom and choice?

Authoritative.

Democracy is not my cup of tea, please absorb me into the fascist hivemind

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Shocking considering I saw Cumia was at a Bernie rally recently.

lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oh dear.

https://twitter.com/LynnAuditorium/status/1236409431056961538

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Artie has somehow survived this long, I'm sure he'll beat the ol' Covid.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Artie has somehow survived this long, I'm sure he'll beat the ol' Covid.

It's not like his nose will fall off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I've been thinking about this all day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmH0RJd-0s&t=4610s

"Just gotta get out! Just gotta get right out of here! I HAVE TO GO!"