Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The Division 2 is $3 for a few more days right? Is it pretty good if intend to play solo?

I believe it's over as the expansion has launched but I'm not 100% on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

The Division 2 is $3 for a few more days right? Is it pretty good if intend to play solo?

I've played it completely solo and I've gotten the full price (whatever that was) out of it easily.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Orv posted:

I believe it's over as the expansion has launched but I'm not 100% on that.

Yea, it's $10 now. If you buy the Warlords expansion for $40 it includes the base TD2 game.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

The Locator posted:

Yea, it's $10 now. If you buy the Warlords expansion for $40 it includes the base TD2 game.

Aw drat. Maybe next time

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

You can play through the open world quests and stuff for 40 hours+, and it's not too shabby. I was bored once I hit the endgame gear grind, but got my 3€ worth at least.
After that you'd have to buy the New York expansion to go on playing (it unlocks lvl 40) unless you wanna grind legacy lvl 30 items alone pointlessly.
Needs a beefy gaming PC though, the min requirements are a lie. Ideally 32 GB fast DDR4, 3600 or 8700 CPU, big SSD, 1070ti+ or a Vega/Navi card.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 7, 2020

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Aw drat. Maybe next time

Easily worth $10 for a single playthrough of the story to level 30 as a single player game IMO. If you enjoy multi-player you'll likely need to cough up the dough for the expansion though, as I doubt too many will remain at level 30, but who knows.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Got some more keys, these have one letter behind a question mark:

?he Hex IY87C-F4JK0-?0HIP
Magrunner: ?ark Pulse GKKJG-?3WMA-L7WQK
Blood Bowl: ?haos Edition 0EJZV-D0L7D-K0FI?
?evil ?aggers ?2C8F-62JVI-7M6I4
S.T.?.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl 6J?7R-M2TW4-4QFFB
S.?.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat E8N?I-2E00R-K9?WY

And the rest which nobody probably wants are without any letter replacements:
Best Buds vs Bad Guys KW0CJ-V4V6W-52XMR
Deployment HEI57-8A74X-BT2K4
Double Cross AVYHA-PFQYJ-6FG72
March of the Living LMQJC-ZKE79-5C62Q
Super Life of Pixel XTVRD-F98HF-3QEY6
Flashing Lights - Police Fire EMS LG4Q8-XIPQN-8T3Q9
Lust for Darkness LD5J5-D3YXE-X75II
The Town of Light 7G4FB-2VWM9-6F4CW
Wings of Vi RTIKN-EEZ9M-0PG0Q

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for Call of Pripyat!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

lordfrikk posted:

Got some more keys, these have one letter behind a question mark:
March of the Living LMQJC-ZKE79-5C62Q
Flashing Lights - Police Fire EMS LG4Q8-XIPQN-8T3Q9

I'm rolling the dice on these two. Danke!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Thank you for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, lordfrikk. I had a physical copy at some point, but I'm afraid that artifact was lost to the Zone.

Morganus_Starr
Jan 28, 2001
Grabbed The Hex - thanks!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Got a bunch to unload myself here

Frostpun?

?07LB-GZMFL-Q(two As)2N

??ostpunk: Rifts DLC
CG??D-4672K-ZWY25

?ook of Demons
FIMK8-HICI?-3R9H(4+1)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 7, 2020

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Pla$et Co?ster
3$5MT-6D0Q9-GY0W?

Been waiting for this to go on sale. Thanks!

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So uh, I just got to the part where the soldiers arrive in Black Mesa and I see they haven't tweaked their AI at all. They have instant reaction time and shoot you the moment they see you, so it's extremely hard to kill any of them without taking damage. Alien enemies are fine, but this is just cheap. Admittedly I'm playing on Hard difficulty but Hard was fine in HL1, and I really thought they would have fixed this by now.

I think I'll probably just skip ahead to Xen and play that part. It's great that they finally finished this but the old content is really showing its age.

Elman fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 7, 2020

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Thank you for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, lordfrikk. I had a physical copy at some point, but I'm afraid that artifact was lost to the Zone.

Lol for some reason I totally forgot physical companies of PC games existed. Do they still make games on cd roms or just have codes inside boxes?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
They've been using DVDs for a while :v:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Well DVD boxes with the code inside them, only a few include the actual disks. The Steam ones download a good chunk of the game, even after "installing".

I miss physical PC boxes, our stores stopped doing PC years ago.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Remember when the really big games like Baldur's Gate 2 actually came in a 4+ slot jewel case with up to half a dozen CD-ROMs inside?

I guess with some modern games being 100+ GB downloads, even that wouldn't be enough anymore. Have fun switching disks twenty-five times.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Remember when the really big games like Baldur's Gate 2 actually came in a 4+ slot jewel case with up to half a dozen CD-ROMs inside?

I guess with some modern games being 100+ GB downloads, even that wouldn't be enough anymore. Have fun switching disks twenty-five times.

100GB Blurays exist. Discs have actually kept up pretty well, despite being replaced by streaming and downloading.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Griefor posted:

100GB Blurays exist. Discs have actually kept up pretty well, despite being replaced by streaming and downloading.
drat, that's impressive. I had no idea, I have barely used any physical media in over a decade now. When I need to actually transfer files, cloud storage or USB sticks are just so much more convenient and cheaper in the long run.

Checking Amazon, it seems those discs also cost ten to twenty dollars apiece, though, so I guess the cost would be an issue. You don't normally pay for the storage when you buy a full-price game, but those things, they might actually have to increase the retails price point.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Elman posted:

So uh, I just got to the part where the soldiers arrive in Black Mesa and I see they haven't tweaked their AI at all. They have instant reaction time and shoot you the moment they see you, so it's extremely hard to kill any of them without taking damage. Alien enemies are fine, but this is just cheap. Admittedly I'm playing on Hard difficulty but Hard was fine in HL1, and I really thought they would have fixed this by now.

I think I'll probably just skip ahead to Xen and play that part. It's great that they finally finished this but the old content is really showing its age.

There is an easy config tweak that fixes that, a Google should turn it up.

E: skill.cfg in resources? Have a fiddle round in there.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 7, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The last PC game on physical media I bought was The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition in 2008/2009. It came with the game disc, a making of DVD, soundtrack CD, a short story, a printed map and a strategy guide. Pretty cool.

Oh, and a Inspired by The Witcher music CD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3GEPkjNh6k
Edit: Most of the CD is folky instrumentals.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 7, 2020

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh, and a Inspired by The Witcher music CD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3GEPkjNh6k

I remember when I first saw this music video, I was like "wait, aren't Vader supposed to be like a death metal band?"
And it turned out that they indeed are and this song is, fortunately, very much NOT their usual style.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Cardiovorax posted:

I still have my baldurs gate1&2 discs even though I own the games digital (twice). Also still have physical FF7 for pc, Diablo 2, Starcraft, and fallout 1&2.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The X-Files game from 1998 came on 7 CDs because it was a whole of full motion video. The quality wasn't even that amazing, but I imagine the compression tools they had in those days were not that great either.

Edit: The Let's Play archive has a LP for it. https://lparchive.org/The-X-Files/
Edit 2: And that game reminded me of The Psychotron from 1994. Not on the archive, guess I'll have to YouTube it at some point, because I never could finish it.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 7, 2020

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Griefor posted:

And yet RDR 2 on PS4 comes on 2 discs. Pretty sure that will soon become the standard with the PS5 unless they’ve got something up their sleeve.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
man, metro last light was a really weak game in retrospect

gorgeous, but it’s even lighter on actual gameplay than its predecessor and the Red Square gunfight was just as horrible as I remembered

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

And yet RDR 2 on PS4 comes on 2 discs. Pretty sure that will soon become the standard with the PS5 unless they’ve got something up their sleeve.

They can't use 100GB discs for games yet because the PS4/Pro and base XB1 can't read them, it's part of the 4K Bluray standard that only the XB1S and XB1X currently supports. Next gen they should be able to ship games on 100GB media.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oxxidation posted:

gorgeous, but it’s even lighter on actual gameplay than its predecessor and the Red Square gunfight was just as horrible as I remembered
The level with the car is pretty fun though.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

SardonicTyrant posted:

The level with the car is pretty fun though.
ExCUSE me she's called Regina. :colbert:

Oxxidation posted:

Yeah, the Red Square fight is all sorts of bullshit. If you hated that (as you should) I suggest you stay away from the non-character DLCs because holy poo poo they're even more unfair and unfun, particularly The Tower. Sniper Squad is kinda bad at best, Heavy Squad is "I hope you like getting hit through cover and dying because ????" and Spider Lair is... well, it's not bad, you get a flamethrower, but it does drag on a bit.

Just run Anna, Pavel, Khan and Kshatriya. Kshatriya is a Metro meets STALKER lite which rocks.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 8, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
does metro exodus have yuri lowenthal, steve blum and mona marshall voicing 80% of the cast as well or do they finally branch out a bit

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God, Battletech has some ungodly dire load times. I was playing earlier and I was able to get up and make two entire sandwiches, come back, and it still was not done loading into the map. Also it kinda just... didn't fuckin' explain quite a few things in the tutorial. Had to figure out how to make a mech turn on the spot and how to pick only a few guns to fire all on my own, on the fly.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oxxidation posted:

does metro exodus have yuri lowenthal, steve blum and mona marshall voicing 80% of the cast as well or do they finally branch out a bit
Dunno, but I kinda liked having Anna as your work wife.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Elman posted:

this exact thing made me quit black mesa when I first played it I don't know how many years ago, and I wasn't playing on hard. surprised it hasn't changed.

Oxxidation posted:

not if you change voice language to russian

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
TIL that Planetside 2 apparently has bigass spaceships now?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mordja posted:

TIL that Planetside 2 apparently has bigass spaceships now?

Yeah they have a system where outfits (clans/guilds) can summon a giant star destroyer that has gently caress-off huge turrets and can launch a ton of aircraft. Apparently Planetside 2 got its own 'new' studio since Daybreak is currently shoveling money into fires what with Planetside Battle Royale dying in the crib and EQ progression servers basically being their only income, so there are nascent rumors of a Planetside 3 and 2 seems to have kind of become an experimental testing ground for ideas for it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
did it stop being extremely """"pay to win""

Orv
May 4, 2011
Haven't the slightest.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How does D:OS2 run on a kind of lovely computer? The original ran just fine but a lot of newer poo poo, forget about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gamerofthegame posted:

did it stop being extremely """"pay to win""

It never was, really, just overly grindy.