Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Yeah someone explain this crowbar guy. The way he talks about "super kicks with ghoul teeth in my mouth" and "rule my rear end" in two different tweets is some odd poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Crowbar was an indy darling like 23 years ago who made it to WCW where he was a midcarder.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TTBF posted:

In terms of size for Seattle it goes like this:

DEFY (once a month or two, in Seattle)
3-2-1 Battle (twice a month, in Seattle)
Without A Cause (once a month, in Everett)
Lucha Libre Volcanica (once - sometimes twice - a month in Seattle. Runs shows elsewhere too)

I feel there's one or two more I'm not familiar enough to recall right now.

So no, it wouldn't leave just DEFY but WAC is a bit too far for a lot of people and LLV is a lucha training school. LLV shows are really good for the crowds and food alone. This will definitely suck for anyone who goes to DEFY though because if 3-2-1 goes under then ticket prices are gonna increase again.

e: in terms of other PNW promotions there's a few down in Oregon I'm not familiar with, and PCW. PCW titles show up on DEFY shows at times and I understand that's a vice versa situation. So they'd be DEFY's actual "competitor" in the region, but they work together.

e2: A lot of other Seattle promotions are very pissy at DEFY for being the regional big league, and to the best of my knowledge aside from when shows get scheduled across each other DEFY has always tried to keep the peace or work with others. They were working with 3-2-1 at one point, but that ended when 3-2-1 got really pissy about DEFY running a show the same night as them. DEFY did a "wow two sold out shows on the same night! Independent wrestling is going strong in Seattle! Congrats to 3-2-1!" tweet roughly a minute before 3-2-1's Twitch stream had someone cut a promo trying to bury DEFY.

WAC are the pissiest though. The owner once threw people out for wearing DEFY shirts.

Portland also has DOA, a monthly gig at a comedy club and Blue Collar Wrestling which is... exactly what the name says.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

yawn

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Crowbar was an indy darling like 23 years ago who made it to WCW where he was a midcarder.

When you're the Marty Janetty to DAVID FLAIR, then I'm not sure midcarder isn't being too generous.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That isn’t fair, he was also the Janetty to Daffney.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

the escape goat posted:

Portland also has DOA, a monthly gig at a comedy club and Blue Collar Wrestling which is... exactly what the name says.

"Here's your signs you might be doing the job tonight"...

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I feel like Crowbar/Devon Storm comes up as one of those "never made it big but what a good guy" figures in a lot of shoot interview/podcasts, both with his contemporaries and younger people who met him at a spot show or something in his past fifteen years of semi-retirement.

He was in last year's Spring Break Clusterfuck and wrestled a singles match with Joey Janela last year too, so I hope this is actually building to an angle at a WM Weekend Collective show.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I'm pretty sure Crowbar helped with Janela's physical therapy after his injury and they're friends (or were I guess), so it might just be a work.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I too have never been super kicked when my mouth is full of ghoulie teeth and my rear end remains unruled so frankly I can see where he's coming from

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're not supposed to put a bunch of fake teeth in. only one. your rear end just got ruled

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
The way he used very odd and specific language in when talking about something at different times comes across as a guy who has a big chip on his shoulder or grudge about something.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's working but also doing a terrible job of it because wrestlers on social media never know when to turn it the gently caress off

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

you're not supposed to put a bunch of fake teeth in. only one. your rear end just got ruled

well gently caress.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

He's very specifically making GBS threads on the gimmicks of Danhausen and Warhorse (Danhausen does the teeth spot, Warhorse Rules Your rear end) and sort of piggybacking off of the wrestlers making GBS threads on the Walmart Guys getting booked for Joey Janela's Spring Break next month.

Again, Crowbar was Joey Janela's physical therapist, wrestled in last year's Greatest Clusterfuck at Spring Break 2019, had a singles match with Joey later in the month, and three weeks ago did an ROH battle royale alongside Danhausen and posted selfies with him on Twitter talking about marking out for Danhausen.

https://twitter.com/wcwcrowbar/status/1226673846167724033

Danhausen and Warhorse are co-hosting a show WM weekend so I imagine this is some sort of (poorly done) gimmick feud for that show, but Wrestlers Are Bad at Twitter is muddying it all up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crowbar is a local Jersey guy too (poo poo, almost certainly the oldest Jersey guy still going at this point) which is probably how he and Janela know each other in the first place

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Ahh makes sense I thought he was being another of those guys whining about the yunguns and their "fake" pro wrestling these days.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Macksy posted:

Ahh makes sense I thought he was being another of those guys whining about the yunguns and their "fake" pro wrestling these days.
He is, but because of all of that I am assuming that he's doing it as a gimmick, not an actual attack on any of them.

What is the "pizza maker" line a reference to, anyway?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Edge & Christian posted:

He is, but because of all of that I am assuming that he's doing it as a gimmick, not an actual attack on any of them.

What is the "pizza maker" line a reference to, anyway?

Janela's shoot job was delivering pizzas so maybe that.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Macksy posted:

Yeah someone explain this crowbar guy. The way he talks about "super kicks with ghoul teeth in my mouth" and "rule my rear end" in two different tweets is some odd poo poo.

danhausen has a jar of teeth and warhorse rules rear end, i think hes doing a heel bit like e&c said but idk, maybe hes gonna show up at warhausen wrestlevania

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Give Kojima the loving bread

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1236257819713662976?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Even if you don't read Japanese Kojima is a great follow because through machine translation you still get the idea he loves wrestling and is not enjoying the Coronavirus enforced break.

Anyway, it is hilarious that Devon Moore is still a thing rather than just an example of much better indies got in the 00s than the 90s.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

crowbar is good

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the backstory on Tessa Blanchard being a racist

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

She ate the Slurry Slurry no Mi fruit lol

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Better Than You posted:

https://twitter.com/Sienna/status/1216057780395827200

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Better Than You posted:

Allegedly she called a wrestler the n-word in an argument years ago. She denies it but there's a number of wrestlers who claim they witnessed it and a bunch of her defenders have gone all "Who doesn't have bad things in their past?" with it that plays like an admission of guilt. She's seemingly tried to just PR past it with vague "I've grown" stuff but no actual apology or admission. And it came out right before she won the Impact World Championship so there was a lot "this is real convenient timing" deflection stuff.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 7, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
😳

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tessa getting dunked on hard by lots of wrestlers when she was trying to preach togetherness was a twitter all timer

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And all of that got made public because Tessa decided to tweet that "women should support women" thing literally like 30 hours before TNA already had her booked to win their world title

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

And all of that got made public because Tessa decided to tweet that "women should support women" thing literally like 30 hours before TNA already had her booked to win their world title

I sorta felt bad for TNA there, I had no idea about her rep and they probably didn't, either

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I sorta felt bad for TNA there, I had no idea about her rep and they probably didn't, either

And like, I can genuinely buy that she's grown up and isn't as toxic a person as she's widely been regarded as at that time. edit: By that I mean she isn't as outwardly toxic as she used to be so the people at Impact just didn't expect that from her.

But I believe that it happened and the proper response would have been for Tessa to acknowledge it, apologize, address the pain it caused and why it was wrong and where it came from, and vow to be better. Basically what Scorpio Sky did. That she didn't do that speaks very poorly of whether she really has grown enough or that she understands why that was wrong.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 7, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they knew and it was recent, tessa should be named Trasha Bland Turd, even if she is a good wrestler, which i wouldnt know because i dont watch tna :twisted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

And like, I can genuinely buy that she's grown up and isn't as toxic a person as she's widely been regarded as at that time.

Given that she's just denied everything I personally cannot buy that she's grown up or learned anything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

your friend wicka posted:

Given that she's just denied everything I personally cannot buy that she's grown up or learned anything.

Yeah I meant like "in theory I can buy that she's changed her behavior enough so people who know her now would be unprepared for it."

I completely agree that her poor response calls into question whether she's truly matured or recognizes why it was wrong. Maybe she just hides it better now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I agree for the most part (I'd heard stories about her being a bully while she was doing international shows), it was just amazing how bad the timing was. If she doesn't make one bad tweet it stays kept quiet* and that planned moment goes off without a hitch

*until she wound up making another bad tweet. Thing about wrestlers and social media: bad tweets are like catnip. You never have just one, and you can't avoid it forever

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The controversy sucked most of the enthusiasm out of Tessa's win but also Impact booked her vs the creepy pick up artist X Division guy so its not totally out of their hands that there's zero buzz on her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1236414068321370112

No comment necessary.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Tessa's racism sheds a whole new light on Tully, which really shouldn't surprise me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Better Than You posted:

Tessa's racism sheds a whole new light on Tully, which really shouldn't surprise me.
You will rarely go wrong assuming every remotely famous white person is racist, but this goes triple for people over fifty.