Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Every day that Buzzwole continues to exist is another reason to get out of bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
buzzwole owns. I hope the beasts come back evench

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Buzzwole has such an absurd name, I love it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

More like, Ekans looks amazing goofy in a fantastic and enjoyable way

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Some of the models may feel off, but that Ekans is perfect.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1235804596179632130?s=20

Oh...good...

I honestly would've just preferred the 50 bp.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/HelixSsbm/status/1236120016937840640

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Unmute

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
These GTS postings are giving me strong Jita scam vibes. I just want HA fashion balls!!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1235804596179632130?s=20

Oh...good...

I honestly would've just preferred the 50 bp.

gently caress yeah Ball Guy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Show me Master Ball Guy.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
now that last weekend's special raids are done I'm struggling to find anything to do rn

:negative:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Electric Phantasm posted:

Show me Master Ball Guy.

He's the true Galar Champion you face at the end of The Crown Tundra.

If you beat him, he rates your Pokemon based on how well the fashion ball you chose for them suits them.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

prepuce repurposed posted:

now that last weekend's special raids are done I'm struggling to find anything to do rn

:negative:

Come to discord and do shiny raids

The best endgame is the one people make for themselves

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Why is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX $60 :psyduck:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Crossposting from the trade thread.

Kurieg posted:

Hello goon friends. I am doing a pokemon giveaway this weekend.
What kind of giveaway?
Well, the kind where I hand out rare and/or unattainable pokemon in Sword and Shield.
What kind of rare and/or unattainable pokemon?

Please come take these shiny jirachis and mewtwos and sun cats and moon bats off my hands.
I cannot hold all these shinies.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So I guess I missed the memo, the gently caress is up with this ad for dlc in the menu? Is there a way to make it go away? If I buy the drat thing will it go away? I assume there was an update that made that crazy guy with the ball hat and slowpoke show up, did it add anything else?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kater posted:

So I guess I missed the memo, the gently caress is up with this ad for dlc in the menu? Is there a way to make it go away? If I buy the drat thing will it go away? I assume there was an update that made that crazy guy with the ball hat and slowpoke show up, did it add anything else?

"We didn't finish the game! BUY THE DLC! BUY IT!"

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Why is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX $60 :psyduck:

Good question. Everything about it screams "budget title".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Try telling an exec you want to sell a Pokemon game for less than full price.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mizuti posted:

Good question. Everything about it screams "budget title".

Yeah that’s what I thought too. I won’t buy it at full price.

Then again my negativity partly stems from my original playthrough of the DS game where I really really wanted to be a Psyduck, so I was. But it was Gen III and for some reason Psyduck didn’t learn water gun or any water moves until Hydro Pump so he was terrible and made the game horrible to play.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Try telling an exec you want to sell a Pokemon game for less than full price.

Detective Pikachu should not have been a $40 game. It was $20 at most

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah that’s what I thought too. I won’t buy it at full price.

Then again my negativity partly stems from my original playthrough of the DS game where I really really wanted to be a Psyduck, so I was. But it was Gen III and for some reason Psyduck didn’t learn water gun or any water moves until Hydro Pump so he was terrible and made the game horrible to play.

The original Pokémon Mystery Dungeon isn't worth revisiting, period. It was very bare-bones, feeling more like a proof of concept more than a fully realized game. Judging from the info that Serebii is sharing about it, it sounds like it's barely been expanded on or enriched to justify going back to it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HOLY gently caress someone sent me a legitimate shiny lunala HOLY poo poo I checked if this things hacked and uh nah man it looks pretty loving real (imperfect nature only three perfect IVs). OT you are a loving God.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Flopsy posted:

HOLY gently caress someone sent me a legitimate shiny lunala HOLY poo poo I checked if this things hacked and uh nah man it looks pretty loving real (imperfect nature only three perfect IVs). OT you are a loving God.

not to harsh your joy but Lunala/Solgaleo both were shiny event pokemon

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

DC Murderverse posted:

Yeah you couldn't get one otherwise, since they were purposely shiny-locked.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

What ball did they come in initially because it honestly could be one of those.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah event Pokemon can be hacked into games just as easily as any other Pokemon.

Ask me about my 2 boxes of league hat pikachus.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Flopsy posted:

What ball did they come in initially because it honestly could be one of those.

Cherish Balls.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rudoku posted:

Cherish Balls.

Ugh hacked then. This is the weirdest hack I've ever gotten though, it's like they tried to make it look legitimate then put it in an ultra ball.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Reading the backlash is weird because I'm enjoying Mystery Dungeon DX way more than sw/sh :shobon:

I guess a huge part of that would be the expectations that come with the remake of a 15 year old spinoff game vs. the rushjob we got with the mainline sw/sh.

Recruitment is a lot easier. The process of organising your inventory and team before an exploration has been streamlined to one screen, you can walk straight from your door right into a dungeon in less than a minute. The auto explore feature is nice too. You pokes will walk around the dungeon, prioritizing loot and quest objectives, and stop when they are in range of an enemy. The Gummi 'intelligence' system is completely gone. Gummis now really only exist to give your team 'rare abilities', which apply to your entire team if the ability haver is in your party, and it can be cool and broken as hell.

The character models and animations could use a lot of work though.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

In conclusion, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is the best version of pokemon

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kurieg posted:

Please come take these shiny jirachis and mewtwos and sun cats and moon bats off my hands.

If I had something worthy of giving out I'd boot up the game for these. I love all of those nerds :argh:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Kurieg posted:

I mean, yeah, I’d love that, but it sounds like you’ve got all the good Pokémon. I’ve only got noob Pokémon, and I’ve only just finished the game so I haven’t really even thought about whether I want to go through the hassle of getting good IVs/EV training Pokémon yet... but uh, I’ll give you any Pokémon that I have!!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm really enjoying Mystery Dungeon DX, it's fun and cute and greatly improved from the really rough original. It's good and I hope it sells well enough to get proper new games.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Kurieg gave me a Zeraora and a Marshadow for a Golett and a Stufful nicknamed CameronDiaz. They're da best. :shobon:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I'm curious to know what the next wild area special event is... Toxtricity ends today.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So just out of curiosity I was musing today about some of my fav pokemon and how to use them competitively, which pokemon do you guys hope get a regional evolution or form that helps make them them usable? I'm seriously banking on Ledian. Mostly because I just adore the design but it's literally LITERALLY unusable. It's always heartbreaking when you have a mon you love but the poor thing is just dicked over by their stats or move pool.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If I had something worthy of giving out I'd boot up the game for these. I love all of those nerds :argh:

Imhotep posted:

I mean, yeah, I’d love that, but it sounds like you’ve got all the good Pokémon. I’ve only got noob Pokémon, and I’ve only just finished the game so I haven’t really even thought about whether I want to go through the hassle of getting good IVs/EV training Pokémon yet... but uh, I’ll give you any Pokémon that I have!!

Someone gave me 18 wooloo.

Seriously Give me whatever the hell you want i'm just trying to share the love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Yo Kurieg, is that Lunala you got legit? If so I'd love a go at it. I feel like I'm the only goon on this board that can't get discord up and running though. It literally 404's me every time I try to log in.