Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah that's definitely a healthy way to look at the world that isn't going to lead to anything remotely negative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness people can be racist without getting it from their families. And wasn't Tessa raised more by Magnum than Tully?

I think its probably reason to assume Tessa grew up around a bunch of old white southern wrestling people and like all the stuff we hear and learn about people like Flair and Cornette is the sort of stuff she grew up in and probably carried over to her adult hood and career.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No it's a hard fact that all racists had racist parents, and conversely all children of racists will also be racist.

Nobody in human history has ever had differing views to their parents in any direction on any topic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can appreciate what would move someone to throw their hands up and go "so like everyone's racist?" It does feel like that a lot.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You will rarely go wrong assuming every remotely famous white person is racist, but this goes triple for people over fifty.

lol

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I dont see where the lie is, you chuds

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

No it's a hard fact that all racists had racist parents, and conversely all children of racists will also be racist.

Nobody in human history has ever had differing views to their parents in any direction on any topic.

Shut the gently caress up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And honestly, while just assuming everyone one degree removed from Tessa is racist is probably unreasonable its not at all unreasonable to acknowledge that a lot of bigotry and racism comes from upbringing and we tend to be affected in one way or another in huge ways by our parents, family, and childhoods.

So I don't know if Tully is a racist. Or Magnum TA. But it seems fair to say that whatever led Tessa Blanchard to thinking it was ok to use that word came from somewhere and maybe growing up in a world filled with Flairs and Cornettes had something to do with that. Its not a death sentence. Cody Rhodes grew up in the same basic world and seems like an ok guy. But poo poo sucks in aggregate.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Alternatively people could accept that making sweeping generalisations about groups of people based on characteristics beyond their control like, I dunno, age and race, is a pretty loving stupid thing to do.

Huh this sounds familiar......

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alternatively people could accept that making sweeping generalisations about groups of people based on characteristics beyond their control like, I dunno, age and race, is a pretty loving stupid thing to do.

On the other hand us white people could learn to take a hit now and then and roll with it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
excuse me but tessa dated an african american man and is engaged to a hispanic man THUS

real excuses she and her fiance have used

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tessa Blanchard is almost certainly a racist piece of poo poo based on the evidence presented but my point is it's completely ridiculous to then immediately go "oh yeah this must mean her dad must also be a racist because he's an old white guy"

And yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I forgot Tessa was dating Daga and I was almost like "TNA has Daga. Why aren't you doing Tessa/Daga?"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
A detail that gets forgotten is she didn't just say the n word at Rose she spit in her face while doing it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im a chud bernie bro .

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean I like to embarrass racists and the one main bigot that still posts here any chance I get just like the rest of you but at some point we oughta just make a thread for it and argue about it there

Edit: Come to think of it the Cornette thread is basically meant for that already anyway

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 8, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It gets tedious and redundant but its never good to isolate uncomfortable, difficult discussions because all that does is put it out of sight of anyone who kind of needs to see and engage with it to change or recognize problems or whatever.

Which isn't to say that its always productive or necessary. But what on SA is?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not saying ignore the issues but it does get a little wild when people who just want to post dumb/fun poo poo about wrestling or mma and get called chuds because they don't want to debate the issues for the millionth time knowing that it never ends well

It's a weird leap in logic to make but it seems to happen constantly

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like I said, its definitely not always productive or done in the best of faith but like there's probably not a way to get it out of the "Wrestlers on Social Media" thread unless you decide this is the thread for good wrestler tweets and over there is the one for bad ones. And that just goes back to the "isolation" issue.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Another good point

I still stand by my original statement of social media being one of the top worst inventions of all time for giving awful people a megaphone

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reverse racism isn't real, dumbfuck

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

drat I guess we're the real racists all along, really makes u think smdh . . .

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

He is, but because of all of that I am assuming that he's doing it as a gimmick, not an actual attack on any of them.

What is the "pizza maker" line a reference to, anyway?

Luigi Primo, indy guy out of Austin, also the head guy behind PWR

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1236423516381155328

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol there's no chance MJF doesn't end up the most hated heel ever over the next few years is there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

god i love him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress :lol:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's definitely living that old school heel lifestyle and I can appreciate that

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I think he tries a bit too hard, but that D&D tweet was gold.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/the_sasaki/status/1236595080179277826?s=19

Daisuke Sasaki has found a New Big Love after having his heart broken by Asuka (not the WWE one) and Candace LeRae before her

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1236320359697219584?s=20

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

This is adorable.

https://twitter.com/SocksUnterShoes/status/1236484556339007488

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/mothfromdaflats/status/1236624479222206464

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

OC makes every age group smile and it's great

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

If AEW ever does intergender tag matches they should def. hire Martina to be Hangman Page's partner :clint: :cheers:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Martina is signed to ROH for now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If AEW ever does intergender tag matches they should def. hire Martina to be Hangman Page's partner :clint: :cheers:

No it should be Solo Darling with Officer Magnum dressed like a horse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/321battle/status/1236654969425551360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Looks who's back!

https://twitter.com/IamKylieRae/status/1236776817090015243