Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Shipon posted:

pelosi is like 80 years old, she'd be out too

who's after her? chuck grassley who's 86, and mike pompeo who's 56

jesus christ mike loving pompeo

lmao gonna be a wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Even when I was a baby I was not a baby about needles.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it really sucks that the year the flyers could have a serious shot at winning the cup that all sports leagues are gonna shut down due to corona-chan

extremely on brand for them, though

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

deadwing posted:

Wow, President Pelosi!

it's unlikely trump and pence would die at the exact same time, and if one died they would push through a replacement vp ASAP

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh come on, how come she gets a mask?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

riseofmydick posted:

Anyone have a guide on proper procedure for using a n95 mask to prevent infection? I know you can't just pop one on and be safe. You have to follow a bunch of guidelines right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05wyH1-mLGk
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/hcwcontrols/recommendedguidanceextuse.html

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

SardonicTyrant posted:

Even when I was a baby I was not a baby about needles.

i am, although it might be a physiological thing, i passed out 3 times when they took some blood recently and i have no idea why

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
yeah barracks are going to be fine, who cares.

now prisons, on the other hand. :( stupid evil country.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zil posted:

Is that a new dees or old dees, was wondering what his take on the virus would be

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

superspread this rear end

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

riseofmydick posted:

Anyone have a guide on proper procedure for using a n95 mask to prevent infection? I know you can't just pop one on and be safe. You have to follow a bunch of guidelines right?

clean shaven, or facial hair that doesn't interrupt the seal. When fit testings are done, they spray in something like aspartamine and you have to do a bunch of facial contortions and actions like turning your head from side to side and nodding - if you can taste it at any point, test fails and you have to try again with a different size.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Sharkie posted:

are you suggesting private prisons might not take care of their prisoners

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

listen here jack

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

DDees nuts

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
new york times article about the handling of the crisis is out

nothing new for cspam readers. trump only cares about keeping the number of infected low to help stocks. that said maybe having it on the front page of the sunday times is significant for normie perception? we will see i guess

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

glad i'm getting my phd so i can get ready to engineer the next pandemic

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I hope Mitch McConnell gets the coronavirus.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Squizzle posted:

everything in capitalism screws lil people

well can't deny that

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Got some homegrown deathboat news: just found out some of my boomer relatives are on a cruise. Apparently passengers got screened for coronachan symptoms before boarding but there was no mention of whether anyone bothered checking the crew, or what plans there were if there's an outbreak on the lmaocean.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

silentsnack posted:

Got some homegrown deathboat news: just found out some of my boomer relatives are on a cruise. Apparently passengers got screened for coronachan symptoms before boarding but there was no mention of whether anyone bothered checking the crew, or what plans there were if there's an outbreak on the lmaocean.

congratulations on getting rid of your annoying boomer relatives

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my uncle decided to go on a cruise just this past week since it was so cheap.

he is, to say the least, kind of an idiot

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

silentsnack posted:

I mean, on the upside, thanksgiving might be a lot less heated.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

There isn't going to be a vaccine.

Lmao

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

silentsnack posted:

what did the screening consist of? because i'm kind of thinking it was just asking everyone "do you have coronachan symptoms" and just lol at anyone who showed up bothering to say "yes" knowing they'd screw themselves out of a cruise.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Statement Regarding Potential COVID-19 Exposure Risk at Conservative Political Action Conference from Maryland Gov

ANNAPOLIS, MD—Earlier today, the New Jersey Department of Health notified the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) that a person confirmed to have Coronavirus Disease 2019, or COVID-19, was in Maryland from February 27-March 1 attending the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in National Harbor. Those who attended or worked at the conference may be at some risk for acquiring COVID-19.

MDH immediately notified the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the governor’s office notified officials at the White House and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

“Immediately after learning of this individual’s interactions in our state, we began coordinating with the White House, the CDC and federal officials, the New Jersey Department of Health, Prince George’s County officials, and conference organizers,” said Governor Hogan. “Due to the scale of this conference, we are urging attendees who are experiencing flu-like symptoms to immediately reach out to their health care provider. We are providing this update not to unnecessarily raise alarm, but in the interest of full transparency and out of an abundance of caution.”

MDH recommends that members of the public who attended this event monitor themselves for symptoms of a respiratory infection including fever, cold-like symptoms, cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.

Persons who attended this event should check their temperature twice a day and notify their health care provider and local health department if their temperature exceeds 100.4 or if they develop a respiratory illness. They should remain at home until they receive instructions about next steps from their health care provider or local health department.

Maryland residents who have questions about this information are encouraged to contact 2-1-1 to talk to a helpline representative.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Dreylad posted:

my uncle decided to go on a cruise just this past week since it was so cheap.

he is, to say the least, kind of an idiot

if you buy the unlimited drink package on a cruise and then it gets quarantined then you get unlimited drinks forever till you die

not a bad way to go

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Someone I work with bought several months supplies yesterday and isn't leaving their home until this all blows over. We had hour first confirmed case in my city 24 hours ago. People are losing their minds.

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

The guide actually suggests using a surgical mask over the n95 and I think that makes really good sense.

If traveling probably use multiple and throw them away/replace at regular intervals, after entering the plane, after going through security, etc. etc.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

A useful recent analogy I have used to help people understand the burden on the healthcare system is this: See how when everyone panics and buys toilet paper all at once and there's no toilet paper any more? And you get a bit annoyed and tweet about now you drove around all the stores but all the toilet paper is gone? Same, but people getting sick all at the same time and the toilet paper is ventilators

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

if you buy the unlimited drink package on a cruise and then it gets quarantined then you get unlimited drinks forever till you die

not a bad way to go

:hmmyes:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Still far far more than they're doing about the climate crisis.

good news is COVID19 and the imminent recession are going to reduce green house gases

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Good Citizen posted:

not a bad way to go

corona virus indeed

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sharkie posted:

Exactly. “Camp Fever” was a part of military life forever, and for most of history soldiers were more likely to die of disease than in battle. Troops sent to the colonies were very likely to die of disease. The whole pattern of life in British India was based around retiring to the cool hill country when tropical diseases flared up. It’s how gin and tonic became a popular beverage.

That’s hundreds of years of institutional experience and tradition (“Sick Parade”) for combatting disease. Add to that the ability to order quarantine, functionally unlimited medical funding and so on and the troops will be just fine.

The people the government don’t care about may in trouble.i

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

A useful recent analogy I have used to help people understand the burden on the healthcare system is this: See how when everyone panics and buys toilet paper all at once and there's no toilet paper any more? And you get a bit annoyed and tweet about now you drove around all the stores but all the toilet paper is gone? Same, but people getting sick all at the same time and the toilet paper is ventilators

i work once a week in a grocery store, the same day I worked was the day we had a confirmed case. It was insanity, bare shelves.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

like it's a crude analogy obviously and there's no ventilator mill that's going to put in some extra shifts to make sure that costco has a new pallet of ventilators and ecmo machines tomorrow, but the immediacy of it has helped a few people think about it a bit differently

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
If this is tearing through elderly homes when are we going to learn it is tearing through churches as well? Those are extended elderly gathering places often with Sunday school children. Seems like a prime cluster population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

(From twitter @AnnaNReser)

Notorious R.I.M. fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 8, 2020