Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Zil posted:

Sounds like it was at least a fun time before that

it was a threesome with a 50 yr old dude and a 30 yr old woman who possessed a penis. it was A Time

the ancient rear end thermometer i have here says my temperature is high. how high? just "high" lmao

to recap:

sore throat
headache
dry cough
fever
hospital communique stating i was in contact with confirmed infection

cool!

dangle 4 days fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Nuclear War posted:

Well. Im running a fever, nauseous and have a headache. nice knowing y'all

Good thing those aren't Roni symptoms!

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 8, 2020

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
is being quarantined really any different at all from being unemployed?

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

going to seattle tomorrow, no one wants to pick me up at the airport cause they're all afraid of ~the virus~ so i'm just gonna hang around there for 6 hours and lick doorknobs i guess

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

coronavirus posted:

Yeah, you're happy you don't have to go to work

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

coronavirus posted:

Not if ur part of the salaried class lmao

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I've been working remote since like November. My boss told me he thinks I should come in like once a week moving forward and then a company wide email went out saying to work remote if possible.
Looks like I win again Keith, you loving schmuck.

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
My dumbass boss is still scheduling monthly meetings at our office (full staff attendance mandatory). We have one this Wednesday. He also just got back from a large corporate conference in a major city.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jose posted:

Canned tuna is loving disgusting is why

ahem

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756260

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
hotline directed me to either find a GP (difficult, as it is sunday) or present to ER. how rapidly feverish ive gotten is non ideal

gotta work out the whole "getting to the hospital" thing i dont drive and my parents prob dont want to be in an enclosed space with me

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Tuna salad on rye is delicious

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i can take a train and potentially infect a bunch of strngers thats alwasys fun

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Well, guess we have more data on what happens when Corona decides to get in your head.

Not a fun party trick at all.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

dangle 4 days posted:

hotline directed me to either find a GP (difficult, as it is sunday) or present to ER. how rapidly feverish ive gotten is non ideal

gotta work out the whole "getting to the hospital" thing i dont drive and my parents prob dont want to be in an enclosed space with me

Seriousposting, you should 110% give wherever you're going a heads up that you're coming so they have the option to suit up. Otherwise if you do actually have beervirus, you're likely to take the frontline staff and whatever doctors you initially encounter out of action for a couple weeks for self-quarantines, which is not good for everyone else if things are starting to pop in your area.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Koirhor posted:

Opiates are the only medicine that truly stops a cough. DXM sort of works but you have to take tripping your balls off dosage to get the same effect therapeutically.

Laugh if you want at old-timey cough medicine labels, but the contents weren't selected at random

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Porfiriato posted:

Seriousposting, you should 110% give wherever you're going a heads up that you're coming so they have the option to suit up. Otherwise if you do actually have beervirus, you're likely to take the frontline staff and whatever doctors you initially encounter out of action for a couple weeks for self-quarantines, which is not good for everyone else if things are starting to pop in your area.

im feverish but im not stupid ofc id do this

ehhhhhh i think the train is the best bet.. kinda stay back from peeps, dont cough/sneeze, (i keep losing my train of thought"") and be handed a mask upon arrival since ive warned them im coming

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

dangle 4 days posted:

i can take a train and potentially infect a bunch of strngers thats alwasys fun

Is ambulance not an option?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

dangle 4 days posted:

Are you in an area which is covered by a home GP service after hours and on weekends?

To be honest, I can't see a GP doing anything other than telling you to go to the ER. They're not really able to say you don't have covid-19, so they should refer you to those who can.

Are you on benefits? In most Australian states ambulance transport is free if you are.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 8, 2020

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Lolie posted:

Are you in an area which is covered by a home GP service after hours and on weekends?

13health specifically told me these services would refuse to see me

Zil posted:

Is ambulance not an option?

it is, and theyre free, but im not dying so idk

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

dangle 4 days posted:

im feverish but im not stupid ofc id do this

ehhhhhh i think the train is the best bet.. kinda stay back from peeps, dont cough/sneeze, (i keep losing my train of thought"") and be handed a mask upon arrival since ive warned them im coming

That's cool, just sounded like the health care system wherever you are is pretty blase about things. Honestly if you've been in close contact with your folks for the past few days anyway a few more minutes in the car probably isn't going to be much additional risk for them, maybe just wear a big Garbage Bag of Shame loosely over your upper body to contain cough droplets on the way.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

owlhawk911 posted:

going to seattle tomorrow, no one wants to pick me up at the airport cause they're all afraid of ~the virus~ so i'm just gonna hang around there for 6 hours and lick doorknobs i guess

Frasier could offer to feed me scrambled eggs while Niles tosses my salad on the 50 yard line of CenturyLink Field as the Jumbotron plays the Malcolm Butler Super Bowl interception over and over set to the tune of unreleased Nirvana tracks ... and I’d still be like, “Nah I’m all set with Seattle right now.”

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Porfiriato posted:

That's cool, just sounded like the health care system wherever you are is pretty blase about things. Honestly if you've been in close contact with your folks for the past few days anyway a few more minutes in the car probably isn't going to be much additional risk for them, maybe just wear a big Garbage Bag of Shame loosely over your upper body to contain cough droplets on the way.

my parents dont "do" rational thought, they dont believe i really have symptoms, and theyre still in bed at 11am. its been a long time since ive depended on them for anything.

ima get there via train/foot. its only 3mins on the train and ill just idk take care

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

dangle 4 days posted:

13health specifically told me these services would refuse to see me

it is, and theyre free, but im not dying so idk

I would go the ambulance route, just be sure to let them know what you are calling in about so they can route you correctly. I mean this is kind what they are there for and I'm sure your local health office would prefer this over you potentially infecting people on the train.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Zil posted:

I would go the ambulance route, just be sure to let them know what you are calling in about so they can route you correctly. I mean this is kind what they are there for and I'm sure your local health office would prefer this over you potentially infecting people on the train.

ehhhhhhhh ok waht ill do is call the hospital on a non-emergency line, while warning them ie xist, ask them how theyd prefer i get there

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

dangle 4 days posted:

ehhhhhhhh ok waht ill do is call the hospital on a non-emergency line, while warning them ie xist, ask them how theyd prefer i get there

Hang in there gentle goon, who knows it may not be anything serious, but better safe than sorry.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Zil posted:

Another vote for this option. The ambos will wear PPE and they'll also notify the hospital to be ready for a potential patient with confirmed exposure.

It's the best option from a public health perspective if you can't arrange your parents dropping you at the emergency entrance.

Make sure you emphasise that you have confirmed exposure and that you've been directed to attend (why the gently caress the health department hasn't worked out a better system for this than people being forced to organise it themselves is an interesting question).

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Frasier could offer to feed me scrambled eggs while Niles tosses my salad on the 50 yard line of CenturyLink Field as the Jumbotron plays the Malcolm Butler Super Bowl interception over and over set to the tune of unreleased Nirvana tracks ... and I’d still be like, “Nah I’m all set with Seattle right now.”

it's the only way i can get home other than paying an extra few hundo i don't have to fly through anchorage instead. wish me luck

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i did things correectly. advised id spoken to officals who sai d yeah come in. told em, bout exposure and symptoms

feel like im on the worlds worst benzo

but ye ambulance on way

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ABC posted:

Health authorities say a man in Hobart who contracted coronavirus did not follow instructions to self-isolate, instead working several shifts at a major hotel.

The man in his 20s travelled from Nepal and transited through Singapore, Sydney and then on to Hobart on February 26th, Tasmania's director of Public Health Services Mark Veitch said.

The man worked several shifts at Hobart's Grand Chancellor Hotel last week and Dr Veitch said Public Health was working with the hotel to identify whether any colleagues would qualify as "close contacts" and require isolation.

More to come.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-08/tas-man-infected-with-coronavirus-in-hobart-did-not-follow-isol/12037114

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Grand Princess has stopped moving, they've entered US territorial waters... There's a pilot boat inbound to their position

Plauge ship 2 is probably gonna land in the bay area next 6 hours

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hadlock posted:

Grand Princess has stopped moving, they've entered US territorial waters... There's a pilot boat inbound to their position

It honestly makes sense to get everyone off the ship and into some kind of better quarantine since we know it can spread on locked down ships

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the purpose of a quarantine isn't to keep people inside the quarantine from getting sick, and with that in mind a cruise ship is the perfect place to have a quarantine. the cruise lines should just rent out their empty ships as quarantine facilities.

e: not even being totally cynical. cruise ships are designed for autonomy and (some degree of) comfort for the guests, and have beds, kitchens and basic medical facilities onboard. with sensible policies you could let quarantined people get fresh air and use some ship facilities in a way you couldn't if they were in a hotel in town or on a base, and you don't have to worry about one rear end in a top hat sneaking off to go to a crowded concert

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 8, 2020

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Hadlock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g42EG7LD1UY

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

dangle 4 days posted:

i did things correectly. advised id spoken to officals who sai d yeah come in. told em, bout exposure and symptoms

feel like im on the worlds worst benzo

but ye ambulance on way

You did the right thing.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is another ship in LA right now that they won't let people off of because there is someone who might have it.

I have little doubts they are gonna let people off and people are going to start getting sick.

LA County is not doing a good handling it.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
Lol i think they're blaring sirens
..Chroist

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
My brain i *cooking*

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Thankyouforyourservice mr dangle, this thread rulez

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Godspeed virus goon. Please bring your phone to livepost from the isolation ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

dangle 4 days posted:

Lol i think they're blaring sirens
..Chroist

This is probably the most exciting thing that's happened all shift.

You'll get seen quickly and you'll get a single room if you're admitted, so it's not all bad.