Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Icon Of Sin posted:

How do they try to kill you? :v:
They'll break your arm, they will.

Also they'll form male-male mating pairs to control larger territory, so I'm sure freep has a long and detailed list of how that will kill the American family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

How do they try to kill you? :v:

Same way as any other swan I assume, they're vicious bastards.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One of my friends tried to feed the famous swans in Strasbourg and the motherfuckers pounced. Those things aren't birds, they're dinosaurs.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Swans are airborne birds and therefore literally have hollow bones and weigh next to nothing. I have never understood how they could be so dangerous as to threaten serious injury.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

a neurotic ai posted:

Swans are airborne birds and therefore literally have hollow bones and weigh next to nothing. I have never understood how they could be so dangerous as to threaten serious injury.
...because normal people don't want to hurt animals even if they're being jerks because they're animals?

"guys I don't get it: why not just murder everything with your meaty paws and steal what you want? y? n?"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I got bit by an emu once, they're quite strong for a big feather duster with a face.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

a neurotic ai posted:

They can manage quite a bit of force for their weight and it's focused on a small point when they strike, and human bones aren't actually that tough.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

One of my friends tried to feed the famous swans in Strasbourg and the motherfuckers pounced. Those things aren't birds, they're dinosaurs.

This is the first time I hear that we have famous swans in Strasbourg, are you sure it wasn't a stork ? :v:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

When I was a teenager I got into what can only be called a fist-fight with a swan after it attacked my little sister. 13 year-old me literally punched a swan in the face a couple of times and got some pretty nasty pecks to show for it. They've long faded but I had some scars for a while.

Can a swan kill you? Probably not. But similar to say, a badger, it can certainly gently caress your day up and it's not fun.

Plus swans are just assholes.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Fathis Munk posted:

This is the first time I hear that we have famous swans in Strasbourg, are you sure it wasn't a stork ? :v:

I have one cousin in Strasbourg who loving loves the swans there and maybe I'm biased from her. In France I've only actually lived in the south.

But there are definitely at least some everyday, unremarkable swans in the Ill and my friend definitely got dunked on by a few.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

a neurotic ai posted:

Swans weigh at min 20 pounds, so you get to get walloped by the structure and muscles that let them get airborne. Its not uncommon for them to break arms.

Also yes. Most people are not just going to punt a swan if it goes after them since they aren't pyschopaths.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Punt geese, not swans imo

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Swans can also attempt to drown people, especially charging little children in water can lead to some hazardous situations. Swans are pretty drat violent when nesting.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3822680/posts?q=1&;page=1

Freep can seemingly only see Covid 19 as a deep state conspiracy to thwart Trump's reelection.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Why wouldn't they?

https://twitter.com/ifindkarma/status/1236369396953571328

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Zwabu posted:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3822680/posts?q=1&;page=1

Freep can seemingly only see Covid 19 as a deep state conspiracy to thwart Trump's reelection.

quote:

You’re allowed to have concerns. Just don’t express them.

That says so much about their whole ideology, really.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Dang, a Freeper basically calling everyone else out for hoarding guns but not being properly worried about anything more sensible:

quote:

“Shhhh, you will get all the chicken little fear mongers on here all upset”

Says the renowned Meta Concern Troll. Heh, heh.

Taking notice of threats and preparing for them isn’t being a chicken little.

Say, do you have guns for self defense? How many times have you been mugged? Ever been an unwilling participant in a mass shooting?

But feel free to go back to playing in traffic.

9 posted on 08/03/2020, 00:15:28 by calenel (Don't panic. Prepare and be vigilant.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

After the virus - build more wall to keep two-legged viruses out!

12 posted on 03/05/2020 1:13:32 PM PST by bigbob (Trust Trump. Trust the Plan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
Never change, Freep. Never change.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Telsa Cola posted:

Swans weigh at min 20 pounds, so you get to get walloped by the structure and muscles that let them get airborne. Its not uncommon for them to break arms.

Also yes. Most people are not just going to punt a swan if it goes after them since they aren't pyschopaths.

To be clear, I haven’t ever thought of punting a swan. I’ve just been coloured a bit skeptical by the ‘these things are super dangerous’ line and thought it might be some ploy by the British royal family to keep ‘er madges birds safe.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

a neurotic ai posted:

To be clear, I haven’t ever thought of punting a swan. I’ve just been coloured a bit skeptical by the ‘these things are super dangerous’ line and thought it might be some ploy by the British royal family to keep ‘er madges birds safe.

Yeah I didn't think you wanted to punt one either.

Generally speaking most medium sized animals can gently caress your poo poo up if they realllly want to, geese and swans just are more prone to doing it.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

Yeah I didn't think you wanted to punt one either.

Generally speaking most medium sized animals can gently caress your poo poo up if they realllly want to and you dont try to defend yourself, geese and swans just are more prone to doing it.

Added a very important point you missed.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Added a very important point you missed.

Not really? Im not confident that the majority people are really capable of doing so in a manner where they escape serious injury of somekind in the event that an animal really goes after you.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

Not really? Im not confident that the majority people are really capable of doing so in a manner where they escape serious injury of somekind in the event that an animal really goes after you.

Learn to defend themselves better. I dunno what to tell you, but lol if you think I wouldnt snatch a goose by its neck and hammer throw that rear end in a top hat if he was actively trying to gently caress me up.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Telsa Cola posted:

I don't even know where I'd begin on fighting a goose or a swan. A dog I understand, but where the gently caress would I even aim for on a goose?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

For instance, nah, most medium sized animals can and will gently caress your day up if they wanted to. 60 pounds of dog, as an example, is more than enough to really, really mess you up long-term. Humans have done this well because we have tools and co-ordination the ability to plan ahead. I'm in decent shape but if you asked me get in a knife-fight with a deer my answer would be go gently caress yourself, and there I already gave myself a tool. I ain't getting in a fight with an animal if I can help it, and then I'd still like them to be say, hamster sized.

Swans aren't like a bear or something, but they could totally hospitalize you if they wanted to and you get unlucky.

Yes, throwing the flying animal. Good call.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

Learn to defend themselves better. I dunno what to tell you, but lol if you think I wouldnt snatch a goose by its neck and hammer throw that rear end in a top hat if he was actively trying to gently caress me up.

Yeah see I don't think you would, or at least would get pretty well battered by it before you could responde and/or get a grip.

Cleretic posted:

I don't even know where I'd begin on fighting a goose or a swan. A dog I understand, but where the gently caress would I even aim for on a goose?

Body is likely your best bet? Neck would be a pain to grab if it was moving constantly. Part of the difficulty people are going to have is the "What the gently caress" factor of both being attacked and how to deal with it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

"I could totally choke slam a swan cause I'm good at defense" is probably my new favorite sad goon brag.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yes, throwing the flying animal. Good call.

Well I'm not gonna potentially kill it by doing something else you monster :colbert:

Xiahou Dun posted:

"I could totally choke slam a swan cause I'm good at defense" is probably my new favorite sad goon brag.

Goons continue to not comprehend what they read, instead trip over themselves to get the insult out.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

The real question here is who would win in a fight. A goose or a swan.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A SWAN INTO THE SLOT. IT’S A DAVID ATTENBOROUGH DOCUMENTARY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DAVE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING HONKING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME CYGNUS BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS LAKE IN RURAL FLORIDA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Telsa Cola posted:

I'm going with the Canadian Goose. Those fuckers are mean as hell.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm going with the Canadian Goose. Those fuckers are mean as hell.

Canada Goose.

Canadian Geese are actually very polite.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Helen Highwater posted:

Canada Goose.

Canadian Geese are actually very polite.

....I have never heard it as Canada goose before and just looked it up and thats the more common name. Wild.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

:monocle:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Telsa Cola posted:

Swans are quite a bit bigger and are even more violently territorial, that goose tries to beef and it's gonna die.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

What about a swan and like 6 kestrals.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
wow, freep sure is angry about these obama geese

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
https://twitter.com/reproutopia/status/1126174143379136512?s=19

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

As a veterinary employee can I please confirm that this is literally how we deal with a grumpy to-be-neutered patient that keeps yowling and it's for their own good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As a veterinary employee can I please confirm that this is literally how we deal with a grumpy to-be-neutered patient that keeps yowling and it's for their own good

Former veterinary employee and yup. Still Rather deal with an angry cat than a swan or goose. Had to take care of a swan for about a month. bastard was not only mean, but super disgusting. Fighting it was almost a relief compared to cleaning up after it