Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

They should be trying to get rid DeMaurice Smith

sweet thursday posted:

Maybe in choking and tears that don't coalesce into championship rings

We can't all have an evil genius/cheater as head coach for 20 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

We can't all have an evil genius/cheater as head coach for 20 years
If BB and Dick Cheney switched vocations, history would have been the same

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

sweet thursday posted:

:hmmyes:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Belichick would have gotten the oil out of Iraq.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sweet thursday posted:

What does Dick Cheney get for shooting a ref in the face, 15 yards and loss of down?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MakaVillian posted:

Manning and Brees will always outrank Brady forever anyways.

For example, Brady had a MAGA hat and Brees outranked him by touring Gitmo and talking about how great the people stored there had it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

For example, Brady had a MAGA hat and Brees outranked him by touring Gitmo and talking about how great the people stored there had it

I still don’t understand why Brees did that. Like was it some USO thing touring US based overseas that just went in a really bad direction or did he do it all himself?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still don’t understand why Brees did that. Like was it some USO thing touring US based overseas that just went in a really bad direction or did he do it all himself?

He's a lovely person is why. And also a whiner bitch :coal:

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

I'm worried the Chiefs are going to trade Chris Jones :(

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

sweet thursday posted:

He's a lovely person is why. And also a whiner bitch :coal:

He's an rear end in a top hat winger. Anyone who thinks what the tours see of the prisons at Gitmo is day to day reality is a moron. Of course, he believes the bullshit briefing they got, too. He's got the brain works, bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doctor Teeth posted:

I'm worried the Chiefs are going to trade Chris Jones :(

God help me I’d love me some chris Jones

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Amy Pole Her posted:

God help me I’d love me some chris Jones

lol if the fins wildly overpay a good to great DT again

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

Don't they have a ton of cap space?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Grittybeard posted:

Don't they have a ton of cap space?

Yes, but the last place we should be spending it is DT

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Brees' greatest crime is the names of his kids

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
God I hope this is true

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1236667736509632512?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a patagonian cavy posted:

Jones isn’t Suh, let’s not be crazy, but absolutely no way we’re doing any of those contracts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I do too Leonard Williams was fantastic for us last year

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Chiefs defense played well enough down the stretch but a huge part of that was because of Jones. Losing him would be a huge blow.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Chris Jones really doesn't seem to have a personality that'll lead him to slowing down with a big contract. That dude loves making plays.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Can the Chiefs really not afford him?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's workable but they'd have to let go of some people and the defense would be set contract wise around Jones, Clark, and Mathieu. The offense has to be the focus with Mahomes in his prime and his contract coming up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mahomes should demand 45 mil a year.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Mahomes should sign for $20M a year for as long as Reid stays and win lots of Super Bowls

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans and Chiefs should be racing to give their respective QBs contracts before the other one sets the market

Mahomes deserves more but Deshaun will get as much as him or more if Mahomes signs first

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eric the Mauve posted:

Mahomes should sign for $20M a year for as long as Reid stays and win lots of Super Bowls

nope. get paid

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

The Texans and Chiefs should be racing to give their respective QBs contracts before the other one sets the market

Mahomes deserves more but Deshaun will get as much as him or more if Mahomes signs first

What about Dak

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

I hate cap stuff so don't really follow it, but would cutting Sammy Watkins free up enough space? He apparently wants to play for the Texans anwway...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can the Chiefs really not afford him?

Schefter or Rapaport or someone reported that they were going to franchise Jones but still wanted to get a long term deal done before it locked in.

Jones deserves a Frank Clark type deal or better but if they give him that there's a whole lot of money tied up in two guys on defense with the Mahomes contract staring them in the face, although they can put off paying Mahomes until next year if they want to play hardball. There were lots of reports that they wouldn't do that but who knows? I guess Mahomes could be waiting to see if the new CBA passes to before really getting into talks too.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Doltos posted:

I do too Leonard Williams was fantastic for us last year

I mean, he’s pretty good against the run, though the Jets got better against the run after the trade. Just don’t expect him to rush the passer. As a Jets fan I admit I probably have irrational opinions about him as a player.

Also I didn’t realize the trade kicker was based on him being re-signed before free agency begins, not being re-signed in general. So if this plays out as expected, the Jets would be stuck with the 2021 5th and not the 2021 4th.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 8, 2020

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Mahomes should demand 45 mil a year.

All Bradford career total money annually

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What about Dak

Someone was tweeting that the Cowboys have offered him $33m/year. No idea on length or guarantees

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

I mean, he’s pretty good against the run, though the Jets got better against the run after the trade. Just don’t expect him to rush the passer. As a Jets fan I admit I probably have irrational opinions about him as a player.

Also I didn’t realize the trade kicker was based on him being re-signed before free agency begins, not being re-signed in general. So if this plays out as expected, the Jets would be stuck with the 2021 5th and not the 2021 4th.

I mean they still got a high 3rd and 5th for guy whose been a net zero on the team. I’ll take that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Someone was tweeting that the Cowboys have offered him $33m/year. No idea on length or guarantees

I honestly can’t tell how much he’s worth.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean they still got a high 3rd and 5th for guy whose been a net zero on the team. I’ll take that.

100%. I’m just saying I’m less gleeful about the new deal than I originally was.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

I hate cap stuff so don't really follow it, but would cutting Sammy Watkins free up enough space? He apparently wants to play for the Texans anwway...

The Texans already have a talented WR made of glass, and also greater needs at CB and edge rusher. Plus Tunsil wants to be the highest paid OL in the league and probably will get what he wants, and Watson is going to get $35-40m per

Anyway my understanding is that Watkins loves being on the Chiefs?

But this isn't really the question you're asking :shobon:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1236770999053541378

holy poo poo this loving sucks

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

That's just a bad Chargers logo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How is that not a Chargers logo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How is that not a Chargers logo?

The Chargers are so irrelevant in LA that not one single person involved with the design looked at that and thought it looked like a Chargers thing.