Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Ok, I was not expecting this, digging it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I love my beautiful Orange Peel Angel.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NOW KISS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oh no she's hot!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
DEVIANT! ... I'm tired.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well, this is awkward.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
With the ears and those atrophied wings Juggernaut Star almost looks more like a devil than an angel.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr Subterfuge posted:

With the ears and those atrophied wings Juggernaut Star almost looks more like a devil than an angel.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that is a deliberate stylistic choice. Juggs is clearly meant to be at least reminiscent of the classical "fallen angel" type.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

white chain in the void: completely nude
juggernaut: goth victorian armor-dress

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I swear someone called this like, years and years ago back when the thread was young and now I'm wondering if it was always the plan or if the audience influenced the work.

Also that design is absolutely beautiful and nails what I was expecting more perfectly than I could envision. Also I felt like "we will forge you a new body" always implied the Thorn Knight frames were way way different from their own angelic forms, hence, the self-hatred.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Below text is just "Shell."

More like

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1236034094338838536?s=19

She'll

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If you ever experience the slightest disphoria you become uncontrollably stylish, sorry there's no cure.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm not sure I quite understand what I'm seeing. Did White Chain just deliberately deincarnate so she could drag Juggs with her?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

YaketySass posted:

If you ever experience the slightest disphoria you become uncontrollably stylish, sorry there's no cure.

I can express from personal experience this is false :v:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not sure I quite understand what I'm seeing. Did White Chain just deliberately deincarnate so she could drag Juggs with her?

Angels can leave their shells voluntarily without any problem. White Chain popped into the Void so she could pull JS out of her shell, a reversal of this page.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 8, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes, they've both been pulled into the void.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Spiderdrake posted:

I swear someone called this like, years and years ago back when the thread was young and now I'm wondering if it was always the plan or if the audience influenced the work.

Also that design is absolutely beautiful and nails what I was expecting more perfectly than I could envision. Also I felt like "we will forge you a new body" always implied the Thorn Knight frames were way way different from their own angelic forms, hence, the self-hatred.

It was pretty obviously foreshadowed in a scene with Maya and Juggernaut Star, so many of us knew it was coming.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Congratulations to 10 Vigilant Gaze for being the last one standing

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It was pretty obviously foreshadowed in a scene with Maya and Juggernaut Star, so many of us knew it was coming.
Yeah I mean way way back, like back in the first Void scene I remember people calling it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I can't tell if this page suggests that Jugs is calmly getting up to smack the gently caress out of Chains, or if she's about to just quietly walk off in disdain.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Countering their "Rip you out of your physical body and drag you to the ethereal plane" move with "Ignite their sexual awakening," a bold strategy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ThaumPenguin posted:

Congratulations to 10 Vigilant Gaze for being the last one standing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kWUbrx4EMw

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Nobody does reaction formation like an angel!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Time in the void goes plot-fast, so White Chain and Juggernaut Star will have enough time for a debate before the fight resumes.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Was it really foreshadowed? Because I remember that scene as "oh, so Juggernaut Star is also female" because we literally saw her face and kept wondering if it was appropriate to keep calling her "him" when people kept doing it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

As my head flies off from my body I try working my voiceless mouth to ask the angel for its preferred pronouns.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

man i don't know, i prefer to stick with 'they/them' for juggs until we have more information on the matter

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Patware posted:

man i don't know, i prefer to stick with 'they/them' for juggs until we have more information on the matter

The Discord I'm on where this gets discussed has some people really dedicated to 'it' for Juggernaut Star and I can't remember if that's based on anything Abaddon said.

Also, on the page after Juggernaut yanked White Chain into the void, we see Juggs' form like this being flagellated by a Thorn Knight before Metatron for disobedience. So, there's been a number of 'Look, Juggs has a pretty humanoid true form when not hiding behind Thorns symbolism' scenes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Gender aside it's weird as hell that Juggs goes from murder-death-kill to almost dissociatively subdued at the flip of a switch and I am eager to learn what their hosed up deal is.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Schwarzwald posted:

Gender aside it's weird as hell that Juggs goes from murder-death-kill to almost dissociatively subdued at the flip of a switch and I am eager to learn what their hosed up deal is.

I'm gonna guess there's a hefty dose of shame involved.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
some people use ultraviolence to cope

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Was it really foreshadowed? Because I remember that scene as "oh, so Juggernaut Star is also female" because we literally saw her face and kept wondering if it was appropriate to keep calling her "him" when people kept doing it.

I mean, Juggs seems to self identify as a dude. Probably too much, but we should accept what Juggs wants to call themselves. Even if they're clearly in the closet it's not our place to out them.

Also, I don't think Juggs expected White Chain to drag their rear end back into the void- hence why their wheel is right there while in a heartbeat VG is going to atomize their body.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Juggernaut Star's body isn't the human-shaped shell, it's the wheel. They are not the executioner, they are the instrument on which the executioner breaks you.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Also, we were talking about music to kill six billion demons to earlier, and I would be remiss to not proffer this as a very KSBD feel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qApOLaLYZb0

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

wiegieman posted:

Juggernaut Star's body isn't the human-shaped shell, it's the wheel. They are not the executioner, they are the instrument on which the executioner breaks you.

it was the humanoid shell this time though

can angels just loving hotswap between shells? we don't really know anything about what links an angel to the shell, do we

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Patware posted:

it was the humanoid shell this time though

can angels just loving hotswap between shells? we don't really know anything about what links an angel to the shell, do we

It seems like they are bound to a single shell, and getting a new one probably takes someone making a new one and binding them to it, similar to making masks for devils. When White Chain was banished due to Delicious' needle and by 2 Michael, she didn't have any way to come back on her own.

Juggs is probably extending her form to a second shell, so she's still "there", but can retreat to the wheel if destroyed. Clearly it's something that's very difficult to do, or else more angels would do it.

Of course the best explanation for why it works this way is "because it's awesome".

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 8, 2020

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
juggs is the K6BD equivalent of an ophanim, which is one of the more :wtc: things in the bible

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Happening status:

IT'S

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

President Ark posted:

juggs is the K6BD equivalent of an ophanim, which is one of the more :wtc: things in the bible

lol that's rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'm pretty sure this is Juggernaut Star's real angel body, and the wheel is a shell - when they manifested to Maya, their angel-form was extending out of the wheel as a humanoid the way White Chain's has been in the fight when she used Krayu Mat.

I think Juggernaut Star really really really wants to be an implement, a thing without individual will or purpose, that serves Metatron completely, because Juggs is a fascist and is all in on the death drive. But, unfortunately for them, they're still a (hyperviolent jerk of a) person despite their best efforts.