Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DrBox posted:

Ok, thanks. I'm not totally clear on why the docs case is helping. Is it just getting over a certain weight limit or is more better/faster? Trying to figure out of I should grab a second docs case to max out my gains. You would think steroids would be readily available and encouraged in this Russian video game.

You just need to get over the weight limit. The docs case lets you stuff a ton of manuals in your container; before that, it used to be all about ammo boxes full of shotgun shells.

If you really want to invest, you should fill the docs case with SAS drives. More weight per slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i swear to god if i get latespawned in for the 5th game in a row i'm gonna lose my poo poo, the entire map is looted before i even enter the match

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

DrBox posted:

EA and Steam just partnered up and more EA Games are coming to Steam again. Between that and this whole shift to "games as a service" or "live games" or whatever buzzword you want mean that these companies are seeing a new opportunity out there and are slower to outright dump a game. Look at how much post launch support Star Wars Battlefront 2 got. After a poo poo start and predatory mtx, people are saying it's in a pretty good place now. You can still hate on these companies while recognizing the change. Moral of the story is Apex is doing fine and is still fun. You should try it again! I'm still waiting for Titanfall 3 though.

On Tarkov: What's the quickest way to level STR? I'm in my 20s and was still at level 1 until I started carrying around a docs case full of technical manuals. I want to level it up before the new patch hits.

uhh the mtx is still bad and the only reason its being changed is because eu nations are starting to clamp down on them. theyre going back to steam because everyone uses steam and they didnt make up enough surplus from their own platform to outweigh losing steam sales. games as a service suck. apex was unfun at launch to me and the only br that i enjoy is pubg and ive tried them all. titanfall sucks. ea shuts down studios endlessly after running them into the ground and respawn is currently working on a vr game so lol

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

but really, is there a reason to use the ASVAL over the VSS? what can you do with it that you can't do with a VSS?

VAL's price is a relic of the fact that Tarkov's development happens at an unequal pace. The VAL/VSS are both meant to cost ~100k rubles and did for most patches prior to .10; but most guns were more expensive then. That the VSS is so cheap now is a fluke from the fact that Scavs spawn with them and add to the supply, and the gas mask filter trade, which used to be about 100k of value, now only comes out to about 40. Before that they were pretty much just aesthetic variations of one another using different weapon skills. Done for the same reason a lot of poo poo happens in this game, because it exists irl that way and the differences between them are minimal/don't translate very well to a video game.

ChesterJT posted:

That ridiculous moving item bug cost me 400k from flea market sales. Awesome. But we better spend time on arm stamina.

If you log out and log in again you should be able to claim everything, the item move bug doesn't destroy inventory.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

the only br that i enjoy is pubg and ive tried them all.

stux don't do this to me. don't turn out to be brokebrained after all this time

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

They use different weapon skills and you can put different stocks on the as-val to make to make the ergo stupid high or you can just put a canted pk-06 on a vss and call it a day

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

aniviron posted:

If you log out and log in again you should be able to claim everything, the item move bug doesn't destroy inventory.

It was there, thank you! Servers still trash.

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

ChesterJT posted:

It was there, thank you! Servers still trash.

Don’t worry, fixes Coming Soon™

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

pubg like tarkov is great because its some good mechanics with a nice layer of jank and you can ram a jeep with a motorcycle and 50% of the time the jeep flies across the map and you can ride a motorcycle around with your friends and do backflips and also all the maps other than the first one suck especially the newer ones where theyre really trying to be a serious competitive game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
also their netcode and latency rules work pretty much the exact same way so

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

sorry but he's dead jim

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Stux posted:

right but the actual reason is to create price floors so a magbox, which is an early game container to deal with limited stash space, doesnt get inflated in price and make it harder for new players to get when its one of the first cases youll be going for.

To clarify for people that don't play the game, without price floors nobody would be picking up 85% of the items in the game because the value would get concentrated in the small subset of items the players want.

The price-floors allow a consistent money supply to be injected into the game so that new players can actually *gasp* progress.

People complaining about "inflation" or "deflation" in a goddamn video game should go play EvE or get a job as a stock trader.

The game has plenty of cash sinks with meds, ammo, trader fees, and repairs. What it lacks is sinks on guns and rigs, which really are not a big deal.

Ammo is usually 100k+ for a single raid if your running top tier and around 40-50k for mid-tier ammo, so there is plenty of cash-outflow to keep excessive price rises.
If you play the game at all you will notice everything getting less valuable over time already. Even big ticket items like GC and FLIRs.

I think all these idiots complaining about the "economy" just want everyone else to be unable to make money so that they can feel rich in a video game.

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 8, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also their netcode and latency rules work pretty much the exact same way so

literally as far opposite as possible because pubg leans so heavily on server verification you can have hits confirm on your screen that disappear into the ether

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

twig1919 posted:

I think all these idiots complaining about the "economy" just want everyone else to be unable to make money so that they can feel rich in a video game.

pretty much bang on the money

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Stux posted:

literally as far opposite as possible because pubg leans so heavily on server verification you can have hits confirm on your screen that disappear into the ether

oh i haven't played pubg in years, you used to be able to lag switch for 20+ seconds at a time and everything would go through

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

oh i haven't played pubg in years, you used to be able to lag switch for 20+ seconds at a time and everything would go through

The effort you're putting into this has reached a new low

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Do you cheat in every game you play? Serious question.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Zipperelli. posted:

Don't be silly, he doesn't cheat at all. He just goes to cheat websites, to, uh... learn the latest game news and strats.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

depends on your definition of cheat i guess. Do i use forbidden third party programs to get an advantage in every game i play? no. Do I look for unintended mechanics and exploits in games? yes.

Ice Fist posted:

The effort you're putting into this has reached a new low

:smith:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

"you used to be able to" implying a vague second/third party

Zipperelli. posted:

They never said specifically that they cheated. News flash: a person linking a lag switch video does not mean that person in particular used that lag switch.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Even if this guy is lag switching, you can’t help but blame BSG for not fixing their netcode. I mean the game literally verifies every item movement to the item verification server so items don’t get duped, but it seems like they don’t want spend the time improving the netcode or maybe don’t want to pay for the servers/bandwidth.

Honestly given the choice I’d rather have server verified combat over constant item verification. But hey that’s just me.

As far as these upcoming changes go they should just get rid of all of these garbage quests and then remove the flea market. The flea market is more or less a product of bad fetch quests.

And yes, PUBG did allow lag switching for the first couple months of beta. That’s how people were killing everyone at the beginning of the match. You could lag switch before the plane left the starting island and use the demo guns or punch everyone else once the timer ended. On their end, they’d be on the plane or parachuting out and die once the lag switcher reconnected. Funny, annoying but also fixed relatively quickly.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 8, 2020

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

Ambaire posted:

They never said specifically that they cheated. News flash: a person linking a lag switch video does not mean that person in particular used that lag switch.

this is the most dictionary definition of ignorance i've ever seen

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ambaire posted:

"you used to be able to" implying a vague second/third party

hes linked multiple videos of himself playing with a lagswitch lol god youre a rube

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Even if this guy is lag switching, you can’t help but blame BSG for not fixing their netcode. I mean the game literally verifies every item movement to the item verification server so items don’t get duped, but it seems like they don’t want spend the time improving the netcode or maybe don’t want to pay for the servers/bandwidth.

Honestly given the choice I’d rather have server verified combat over constant item verification. But hey that’s just me.

As far as these upcoming changes go they should just get rid of all of these garbage quests and then remove the flea market. The flea market is more or less a product of bad fetch quests.

And yes, PUBG did allow lag switching for the first couple months of beta. That’s how people were killing everyone at the beginning of the match. You could lag switch before the plane left the starting island and use the demo guns or punch everyone else once the timer ended. On their end, they’d be on the plane or parachuting out and die once the lag switcher reconnected. Funny, annoying but also fixed relatively quickly.

no i can def blame the guy making the choice to cheat.

quests and flea market should stay but the quests need improving. flea market should be open from level 1.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

nah i played way past that phase, it was in the game for over a year at least.

i stopped playing so idk when (if ever) it got fixed.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ambaire posted:

don't use facts and logic here, i'm a dirty lagswitcher ok?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

don't use facts and logic here, i'm a dirty lagswitcher ok?

Oh, ok then. Serious question, how have they not banned you yet? Or have they and you just accept it as the cost of ~mah sploits~? $45 a month ain't all that much to some people, I suppose, especially if they're RMTing. Cheat and make a profit, what a loving world we live in. And I'm sure some are doing it as their morally questionable career. Sure beats slaving away for The MAN.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 8, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

guys we gotta' get out of this Tarkov place

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Babe Magnet posted:

guys we gotta' get out of this Tarkov place

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
I like the economy right now because it's dysfunction makes it accessible once you figure out some basics and I'm able to have fun, geared runs consistently without having to poopsock 24/7 :shrug:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
A friendly reminder that it was streamers who did this to our thread(s).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

I like the economy right now because it's dysfunction makes it accessible once you figure out some basics and I'm able to have fun, geared runs consistently without having to poopsock 24/7 :shrug:

Yeah definitely, previous patches I made my riches by hours of hatchet running. This one I'm making millions just flipping SICC cases and red rebels from Jaeger and 995 from the hideout.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah the Flea lets you cut off so much chaff from the game it's amazing. I guess that's why Nikita wants it gone.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://streamable.com/syvfj

Man night customs is great fun, so many people just don't run NVGs or if they do they're not careful enough. Got probably 700k off the pair.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Ambaire posted:

Oh, ok then. Serious question, how have they not banned you yet? Or have they and you just accept it as the cost of ~mah sploits~? $45 a month ain't all that much to some people, I suppose, especially if they're RMTing. Cheat and make a profit, what a loving world we live in. And I'm sure some are doing it as their morally questionable career. Sure beats slaving away for The MAN.

the trick to not getting banned is not cheating

as of yet, i haven't gotten banned.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay thank you all for the Shotgun advice, the build works WONDERS:

They never stood a loving chance. Shame Shturman didn't have a red rebel in his box. That random BEAR was a ~80m headshot with a PM :allears:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

mp-153 is, by far, the best most cost effective gun for rat gameplay. the vss is the best for chadplay.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

mp-153 is, by far, the best most cost effective gun for rat gameplay. the vss is the best for chadplay.

What are you running on that shotgun?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Hazdoc posted:

What are you running on that shotgun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ill have to give it a try if I find some, i've got several AKs i need to burn through first