Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
If only there was a way to identify the drivers...some number who doesnt change...in the car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

reddit does admittedly get the content first- I see myself like a curator for the British Museum, we take the artifacts (content) away from the primitive people (redditors) who merely created it and and don't have the sophistication to understand or appreciate it properly and bring it back to the Civilised World (SA) where it can be enjoyed by the Right Sort of People.

lol at the idea that you think that somehow this lovely forum is somehow better than reddit

Zeta Acosta posted:

If only there was a way to identify the drivers...some number who doesnt change...in the car?

no, this would be impossible op

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

good luck with that, and lol at thinking an arbitrary number is easier to remember for viewers than a colour/pattern

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

lol at the idea that you think that somehow this lovely forum is somehow better than reddit

It's relative

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

on reddit everyone seems to authentically think F1 is good which in my opinion is a terrible way to enjoy and consume it.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Vettel always had the best helmets

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

good luck with that, and lol at thinking an arbitrary number is easier to remember for viewers than a colour/pattern

wow is just like that Scuderia Ferrari are good for putting a big number who can traslate good on tv!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

I'd totally forgotten Dan's terrible Aussie gp start, that wing just hanging out by the side of the track :lmao:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Remember that Vettel had working LED lights in his helmet for Monaco one year.

Actually I miss the stupid poo poo teams would do in Monaco. $200,000 diamond in the nose of a car, that got stolen when the nose was broken off in a crash, hell yeah!

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Are Joe is on pole for the Moto2 race tomorrow. :911:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Zeta Acosta posted:

wow is just like that Scuderia Ferrari are good for putting a big number who can traslate good on tv!

That is the nicest thing anyone has been able to truthfully say about Ferrari in more than a decade.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

I'd totally forgotten Dan's terrible Aussie gp start, that wing just hanging out by the side of the track :lmao:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Calling it now, that Zandvooooort banked curve is going to see a pile up.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mokotow posted:

Calling it now, that Zandvooooort banked curve is going to see a pile up.

the tighter one (turn 3?) maybe, the last corner is built to open onto the straight and have multiple lines so it should be possible.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
They should scrap this season IMO

https://twitter.com/pasotti_/status/1236410683815796737

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 8, 2020

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

agreed OP

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Bahrain has said no spectators for their GP. Rip F1 2020.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

No spectators at the race and apparently sky broadcasts get a maximum of ~70,000 viewers which is less than half of most video game tournaments these days.

Good job liberty and sky.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Please do this for the Dutch GP

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Further curtailing of human rights in Bahrain smdh

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

oh cool a full size version of the plastic vacuum-molded car shell we made in Design Technology at school

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

No spectators at the race and apparently sky broadcasts get a maximum of ~70,000 viewers which is less than half of most video game tournaments these days.
That's still a low number, but that number is online-only viewers. The TV viewership is still fine.

F1 fans are mostly old, who knew.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Will there be enough toilet paper for the Melbourne Grand Prix?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Wow, the French Injustice Absurdity couldn't prove that fellow EU conspirators Ferrari cheated? I'm sure they tried very hard! They sure can find whistleblowers when they want to falsely accuse McLaren

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/JeroenKesteren/status/1236366251141877762?s=20

Somebody will die at this track all for frogman fans

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So what's an F1 race without any spectators?

Maybe they could get Forza or Gran Turismo to do a retro sponsorship and put a bunch of cardboard people around the track?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

poty posted:

Wow, the French Injustice Absurdity couldn't prove that fellow EU conspirators Ferrari cheated? I'm sure they tried very hard! They sure can find whistleblowers when they want to falsely accuse McLaren

What's up on the whole McLaren cheating/getting Scooteria Failrari tech? Was some actual shenanigans up or was it Just Italian Things?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Maybe they could get Forza or Gran Turismo to do a retro sponsorship and put a bunch of cardboard people around the track?

China has managed, so..

But I want to see this. Maybe the robot fans from Japanese baseball and folks can VR into them.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

maffew buildings posted:

What's up on the whole McLaren cheating/getting Scooteria Failrari tech? Was some actual shenanigans up or was it Just Italian Things?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Formula_One_espionage_controversy

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I thought they didn't have any anyway? Just the company present rich guy tickets?

Zeta Acosta posted:

Somebody will die at this track all for frogman fans
Probably more than one, if they let thousands of disease riddled max fans in.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

oh no what will the directors cut to every time someone is setting up a pass if not a child in a ferrari hat

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I would say just give Lewis the WDC but I know he wouldn’t want to win like that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Oh that was some legit cheating my friend, they got caught because one of them was photocopying Ferrari documents at whatever the UK version of Kinkos is

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
A honest photocopy guy who informed Scuderia Ferrari instead of helping noted cheating and fraudulent Mclaren.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well there's been the Chinese....

Nybble posted:

China has managed, so..
gently caress.

Ok, well there were the Indian and Korean GPs, and Russia always seems half empty.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

How hard is it to make a soundcloud account?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

To celebrate that the Australian Grand Prix is less than a week away I’ve written a song for the thread with the help of fellow poster Theophany. Please enjoy it

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
I dont get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You Am I posted:

Well there's been the Chinese....

gently caress.

Ok, well there were the Indian and Korean GPs, and Russia always seems half empty.

The Gulf races seems to be fuller on Saturday then Sunday, which makes sense. Sunday crowds seem to be Europeans On Tour.