Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there a diminishing returns on skill haste?
I didn't see anyone answer this, I'd like to know too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there a button that instantly unattaches you from cover? I always get stuck when I'm trying to run away from grenades.

Also is gear score gone now? All level 40 items of the same rarity have the same armor/damage and just have differently rolled stats?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

bamhand posted:

Is there a button that instantly unattaches you from cover? I always get stuck when I'm trying to run away from grenades.

Hit back instead of left or right.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The Locator posted:

Shoot their feet, that causes them to stagger and open up the shield so you can shoot them in the face. Worst case you can just kill them by chopping their feet off with bullets. It does get more difficult with the yellow turds who just ignore that you are mag-dumping into one of their ankles.

I’ve been doing this with shotguns and it’s very gratifying because they do a kind of forward gasping flip as you cut their legs out from under them.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there a diminishing returns on skill haste?

There might be now, but I also think the actual numbers being multiplied are hidden and you wind up with way less than it feels like you should. If I manage to finish my current skill setup (since Hardwired will be forever broken at this rate) I'll probably have 20% (or like 30% with godrolls) more haste than my current HW build. This will probably shave my 26s seekers down to... 24s. Hardwired should be a game-changer as you're setting yourself up for a ~12s cooldown with no haste... but alas the talents are both broken so welp.

Note that none of this will really be playable as seekers are a buggy mess and the cooldown is way too long to deal with massive health bars even when they do hit, but it'll perform better than Hardwired.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Beat WoNY finally. Really loved the final mission, definitely gonna be a go to on my fun missions rotation.

The betrayal was a bit out of left field but I'm still excited to see where it goes.

I think I'll take a small break and get into the meat of the new endgame, I've been looking forward to putting a nice gearset build together, I'm thinking a tip of the spear survivalist build sounds fun.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

The Locator posted:

So I'm confused about specialization points after hitting level 40. I've done multiple bounties and gotten multiple 'level ups' since I hit level 40, but I've not gotten a single specialization point, nor a single cache.

Are caches on max-level 'levels' gone now? How do I get specialization points if bounties and levels aren't giving them? Do I only get that stuff if I go back to DC?

On SHD levels you get 1 SHD point and 1 Spec point, free caches are gone with the wind.
e: also 1 apparel cache key it seems

bamhand posted:

I get that in a big fire fight.
I see a grenade coming and its like i am somehow glued to the side of the car.

The best thing about cleaners is that even when dead you can explode their tanks.
If they fall without exploding, you can still use them to blow up their friends.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 8, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shumagorath posted:

Are shotguns... good now? I have one as a backup to my LMG with no specialization bonuses and they all take big chunks out of elites, though granted I'm on Story difficulty right now.

I would say they're actually worse now than they were in TU7. At least pre-WONY the pump actions and double barrels would hit like a truck with the proper talent setup and a ton of red mods.

Now we're back to shotguns not really being viable past hard difficulty, and definitely not useful in a group, which is a loving shame.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Just picked this up (base game) on PS4 (EU) with a friend as it was down to £8 (drat you us and your basically free equivalent).

From skimming through the thread, skills and gear apparently changed so does that mean older guides such as 'what skills to pick' are out of date for playing through the base game and if so does anyone know of a handy guide for the base game now?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's almost a new game in terms of gear and skill mods but the skills themselves aren't very different. You don't need to worry about gear guides since from 31-40 you can safely use whatever you find on the floor and experiment.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm at a point where I can (carefully) clear Heroic conent with only a few deaths but the loot I'm getting at that difficulty is absolutely not worth the effort. Then on challenges the loot is simply "ok" with a god roll for the library every now and then. gently caress, even the targetted loot doesn't appear to be dropping right. Whatever they did to "reduce" loot seems to apply to them because I'm looking if I run a heroic mission and end with more than 3-4 of the target drops.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I know Reddit is furious about the changes in enemy AI and TTK but the changes to the recal library and essentially allowing you to collect up the talents and attributes like a scrapbook is such an incredibly good idea.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

3 bosses down and Dragov is being a real bitch. As fun as these long drawn out boss fights are the first time (and I do think they're good) I don't know how often I'm going to want to run them again and that could be problematic for farming exotics.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

My big issue with the enemies is what seems to be them running around with .000000000001% of HP left which does not go away

IIRC there's some mechanic with players that leave them a tiny bit of HP so we don't get one shotted, and I think that mechanic might also apply to enemies. It's really annoying.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

smellmycheese posted:

I know Reddit is furious about the changes in enemy AI and TTK but the changes to the recal library and essentially allowing you to collect up the talents and attributes like a scrapbook is such an incredibly good idea.

The two things I would love for this right now are:

1- A toggle to enable/disable grabbing gear from the stash. There's some weapons I don't want to feed to the library but they show up anyway. Not really an issue since you can mark the item as a favorite and it'll hide them on the library screen but I don't want to favorite everything I might use.

2- While on the library screen, hide everything I can't intreract them / show only what I can add. Kinda annoying the amount of scrolling you need to do to find the stats you're looking to add.

3- on the main screen it shows you how many stats you have stored. I'd like this to show how many MAX stats you have stored (this is already shown on the sub-menu for each item)

Mr. Carlisle posted:

3 bosses down and Dragov is being a real bitch. As fun as these long drawn out boss fights are the first time (and I do think they're good) I don't know how often I'm going to want to run them again and that could be problematic for farming exotics.

You ARE using the mini-guns on that fight, right?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You ARE using the mini-guns on that fight, right?

Attempting to before he mows me down, yes. I'm not what you'd call 'really good' at this game, I'll admit. It's most likely a me problem but I'm just having a much tougher time with him than any of the previous three.

Also this time around it seems like they really turned the dial all the way to 'neverending monster closets' for the support enemies that spawn during boss fights.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Attempting to before he mows me down, yes. I'm not what you'd call 'really good' at this game, I'll admit. It's most likely a me problem but I'm just having a much tougher time with him than any of the previous three.

Also this time around it seems like they really turned the dial all the way to 'neverending monster closets' for the support enemies that spawn during boss fights.

Do you have a group?

All those boss fights are way easier even when matchmade with pubbies.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you mark gear as favourite it won't show up to strip talents from or to sell.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Do you have a group?

All those boss fights are way easier even when matchmade with pubbies.

I do. We will eventually run them together when schedules line up I was just trying to get a feel for them going through solo the first time. I may matchmake until then if I can't finish it solo.

I do respect the work they put into the boss fights this time around though and though it's basically just ripped straight from Far Cry I like having to beat all the lower bosses before getting to the leader. It gives you a sense of constant progression and a clear story purpose of what you are working toward.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Huh, guess I should do something with this. Will probably put Ranger on it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Roman posted:

What difficulty did that drop on?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Damage roll is slightly too high, shred it imho

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

What difficulty did that drop on?
I actually don't know (didn't notice it until I looked through my stash), but my global is set to Hard and I haven't played anything harder than Challenging yet

Every Man Jack
Jan 14, 2010
Pillbug
So, I just hit World Tier 1 and decided to grab the expansion pack to show some support, having got the base game for so cheap.

Is there any point to facing off against the Black Tusk to retake the city repeatedly? Or should I use the upgrade and beeline straight for NYC?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

how is the compability between expension owners and those who don't own WONY?

does it work once I'm able to get back to washington to join up again with people who only have the basic version?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This is my farming spot. Trying to get the Bullet King. I've probably done it 25+ times in the last few days solo and in groups. Take out the trash spawns in the beginning until one or two are left. Then go to the middle island with the ammo boxes and place an assault turret on the box thing on the counter right above the ammo boxes. Take out the remaining guys then retreat to near the entrance to the room. As the lights go out and the smoke drop throw out an Striker Drone. More times than not Dragov and friends will spawn between you and the turret. This will give the turret some easy back shots while you move around with some good cover.

There are probably better ways to do this since I suck but it works for me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Every Man Jack posted:

So, I just hit World Tier 1 and decided to grab the expansion pack to show some support, having got the base game for so cheap.

Is there any point to facing off against the Black Tusk to retake the city repeatedly? Or should I use the upgrade and beeline straight for NYC?

You’ll get some context for what’s happening in NY by going through the missions that came out before it but if you don’t care about it then you may as well boost.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
The new legendary missions are about what could be expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfNzJrQotc

80 minutes of holding down left mouse button and kiting poo poo through half the level as it doesn' t die. The rewards are more or less equal to what you get from grand washington hotel on challenging.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

lagidnam posted:

The new legendary missions are about what could be expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfNzJrQotc

80 minutes of holding down left mouse button and kiting poo poo through half the level as it doesn' t die. The rewards are more or less equal to what you get from grand washington hotel on challenging.

but the bragging rights...

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

smellmycheese posted:

In general the gear 2.0 system is, IMO, a wild success. I know they can get a little glitchy but the arrows on gear letting you know where your best recal-value is, the way it highlights the potential improvement for any attribute in the library, pretty much all the UI stuff is extraordinarily good poo poo.

the ttk is also definitely too high.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Recalibration library is good. Requiring me to go to the recalibration table to individually select gear slots/gun categories and select specific slots for every one with a timed button press is bad.

Let me pick something up while marking it for recalibration. Then one button to throw whatever improvements are in the lot into the library and deconstruct the rest.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
I never got past gear score 301 pre-expansion, but I just finished WoNY and am wondering what I should be doing. Is it now just upping my gear and trying to take on the World Difficulty stuff? Or is there a list of things I should be doing?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jabro posted:

This is my farming spot. Trying to get the Bullet King. I've probably done it 25+ times in the last few days solo and in groups. Take out the trash spawns in the beginning until one or two are left. Then go to the middle island with the ammo boxes and place an assault turret on the box thing on the counter right above the ammo boxes. Take out the remaining guys then retreat to near the entrance to the room. As the lights go out and the smoke drop throw out an Striker Drone. More times than not Dragov and friends will spawn between you and the turret. This will give the turret some easy back shots while you move around with some good cover.

There are probably better ways to do this since I suck but it works for me.

Finally finished him solo by circling around the room in cover over and over and plinking away at feet when no miniguns were available. I'm definitely going to try your method next time through though, thanks for the advice.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

I’ve been doing this with shotguns and it’s very gratifying because they do a kind of forward gasping flip as you cut their legs out from under them.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Not when its an automatic shotgun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Blind Duke posted:

Let me pick something up while marking it for recalibration. Then one button to throw whatever improvements are in the lot into the library and deconstruct the rest.

They'd need to let you mark which specific stat you want to rip since one piece of gear might have multiple candidates.

That would rule though. Building up your library makes the gear hunt way more fun but yeah, spending 20 minutes with that UI is real drake no vibes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

In the TTK category, probably the most annoying thing I've noticed so far (still in Story) is that the drones are all but impossible to target and kill before they get to me now, whereas in DC I was really good at taking drones out of the sky. Even red drones absorb a huge amount of damage to bring down, and now they throw a lot more drones in the air at once it seems, making me just get shot up a bunch while I'm dodging drone explosions that I couldn't kill before they got to me.

Of course it might be that I'm just bad. I know my gear/setup is probably bad, but at level 40 a rifle that hits for 150k (235k headshots) takes 4 or 5 hits to drop red guys, and seems like it takes just as much damage to drop the drones, whereas before they didn't feel nearly that tanky.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Locator posted:

Of course it might be that I'm just bad. I know my gear/setup is probably bad, but at level 40 a rifle that hits for 150k (235k headshots) takes 4 or 5 hits to drop red guys, and seems like it takes just as much damage to drop the drones, whereas before they didn't feel nearly that tanky.

I think this is a larger problem with rifles in general. They need to up the damage they do. THey do more than assault rifles, to be sure, but you just can't spam shots anywhere near as fast, which leads to you taking way longer to kill a red with 3 or 4 shots than just a fast burst of half a mag from an AR.

I suspect they over-corrected at some point. I remember early in Div 1 an M14 with all the stab mods you could put in it was the meta for slaughtering poo poo because it was basically a rapid fire sniper rifle.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The Locator posted:

In the TTK category, probably the most annoying thing I've noticed so far (still in Story) is that the drones are all but impossible to target and kill before they get to me now, whereas in DC I was really good at taking drones out of the sky. Even red drones absorb a huge amount of damage to bring down, and now they throw a lot more drones in the air at once it seems, making me just get shot up a bunch while I'm dodging drone explosions that I couldn't kill before they got to me.

No it’s not you. Drones def come at you much faster now and have more Health. They’re on top of you dropping fire bombs before you can get a lock on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I think this is a larger problem with rifles in general. They need to up the damage they do. THey do more than assault rifles, to be sure, but you just can't spam shots anywhere near as fast, which leads to you taking way longer to kill a red with 3 or 4 shots than just a fast burst of half a mag from an AR.

I suspect they over-corrected at some point. I remember early in Div 1 an M14 with all the stab mods you could put in it was the meta for slaughtering poo poo because it was basically a rapid fire sniper rifle.

I was just using the rifle as example damage. I also have been running an AR, and before swapping to try out the rifle, LMG. All of them are having trouble knocking drones down.

I enjoy the aim/fire play of the rifle, but it would certainly be nice if they did more damage. I forget what rifle I have (SSR something maybe?), but it's the only yellow/40 one I've found so it may be far from the best one.