Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The anime's doing a really good job with Gentle's Quirk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm still amazed at how good of an artist Horikoshi is overall. Anatomy/scale/perspective/composition is basically all legit incredible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

PMush Perfect posted:

My Hero Mid-Life Crisis

Todoroki looks so concerned about Deku getting owned. :3:

It looks like the cat jumped out of his arms and climbed over Deku's head. It's great.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The scratches on Bakugo are also great.

He and that cat are not on good terms right now.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Fabricated posted:

I'm still amazed at how good of an artist Horikoshi is overall. Anatomy/scale/perspective/composition is basically all legit incredible.

Exactly! I keep staring at it all blown up on my screen and the fact that he doesn't sketch shapes or do much/any erasing is, at least to me who doodled up through high school, just honestly astounding.

chiasaur11 posted:

The scratches on Bakugo are also great.

He and that cat are not on good terms right now.

I dunno, that grin tells me he's having a pretty good time even getting scratched to poo poo :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

Shame about his action choreography

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

Shame about his action choreography

Did you not read the last chapter?

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
Bakugo and the cat will bond over a mutual love of hissing and screaming. Probably at Deku.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PMush Perfect posted:

Todoroki looks so concerned about Deku getting owned. :3:

One of my cats does the same thing. Waving his butt in your face as he gets in your lap to sit with you. :3:

We used to have another cat that did the same thing... until a loving dog killed it. :smith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the traitor kaminari is doing a very good job of pretending he's not the traitor

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
After that spread I'd actually care about the twist of Kaminari the traitor, so he probably will be.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Hawks looks like he's about to murder Twice holy poo poo

And gently caress I just remembered that Hawk's voice is one of my favorite VAs hell yes this owns

There's also a part of me that feels really bad for Twice 'cause he thought Hawks was his good friend :(

(What's the spoiler tag etiquette exactly? Tags until the official chapter's out, or something else?)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the official chapter is out so you don't need to tag your spoilers

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

the official chapter is out so you don't need to tag your spoilers

Got a link to it then?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Got a link to it then?

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-263/chapter/20158?action=read

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

the traitor kaminari is doing a very good job of pretending he's not the traitor

It's all apart of the long con, you'll see!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah Granny up front and looking ready to kick rear end.

Also Dabi up to something on the bottom panel.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trivia thread for this chapter: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1236698991170957312

Electric Phantasm posted:

He's going after Hawks I bet you. Dabi never trusted Hawks one single bit. Gonna be a three-way face-off between Twice, Hawks, and Dabi.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Man, this chapter is really making me care about Kaminari, but he's totally the loving traitor - I didn't even notice the Liberation handsign before. It really feels like Horikoshi is giving us reason to care about him and feel badly when he's revealed to be the traitor.
But maybe this is supposed to show that Kaminari is having some doubts about being the traitor? Maybe his dedication to his friends will win out in the end and there'll be a short redemption arc for him? Who knows.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
kaminari being the traitor after this would be some heavy rain levels of nonsense imho

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dabi heard his allies call for help and instinctively went the opposite direction.

Alternatively the League members are just gonna hang the Liberation Army out to dry.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
There have been hints for a while but this chapter makes the Kaminari and Jiro pairing pretty explicit.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Viridiant posted:

There have been hints for a while but this chapter makes the Kaminari and Jiro pairing pretty explicit.

She can do better. I mean, Momo is right there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Inflammatory posted:

kaminari being the traitor after this would be some heavy rain levels of nonsense imho

At this point any of 1-A being the traitor would be heavy rain nonsense, so best to pull the bandaid off now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm still in the camp of Deku being the "traitor" in that All For One could track his location because of his connection to One For All and that's how they knew where the summer camp was. Let's Deku angst about putting his friends in danger without making any of the kids evil.

Alternatively it's someone from class B we don't care about.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Rhonne posted:

I hate to say it but even Kaminari is a more interesting character than Momo at this point.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chargebolt

Amplivolt

:thunk:

Eyebrows and electrical streaks in their hair, too.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Twice just can't catch a break.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Denki x Jiro is like, a hair's width away from canon at this point.

Horikoshi, just... make them kiss or hug or something. Please.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Twice just can't catch a break.

He caught one during the My Villain Academia arc. Two of them even! One for each arm!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Man, this chapter is really making me care about Kaminari, but he's totally the loving traitor - I didn't even notice the Liberation handsign before. It really feels like Horikoshi is giving us reason to care about him and feel badly when he's revealed to be the traitor.
But maybe this is supposed to show that Kaminari is having some doubts about being the traitor? Maybe his dedication to his friends will win out in the end and there'll be a short redemption arc for him? Who knows.

He wasn't doing the Liberation handsign though, that's done with the other hand. Kaminari was just doing the finger guns thing he always does. Between that and his guy with a similar quirk/hairstyle, I feel like Horikoshi is just trolling the traitor-Kaminai theorists.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Holy poo poo that spread of Cementoss ripping apart the wall.

Hawks from Twice's perspective looking appropriately sinister as gently caress in that last page.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like Hawks doing his double agent thing is exploring some of the same ideas the whole traitor thing would have done and it's been long enough since it was brought up that I'm fine with it just being dropped. It happens in shonen.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like Hawks doing his double agent thing is exploring some of the same ideas the whole traitor thing would have done and it's been long enough since it was brought up that I'm fine with it just being dropped. It happens in shonen.

It could come up again as a theme. The Hero Association, convinced that their enemies have spies and traitors planted, decide it's alright to plant spies and traitors among their enemies. They manufactured an excuse to act immorally, and see anything they do as justified against an enemy as evil as they imagine their opposition to be. This is exactly the kind of oppression the Villian Alliance is rebelling against... a society that strips their rights and crushes them because of the fear that they will be evil. Against a figure like Hawks, Twice can either choose to murder someone he thought was his friend or go to jail as punishment for being trusting to the new guy, or maybe be cut in half by feathers? It's not lookin' good.

In the end, the only thing that can stop both factions from radicalizing in opposition to one another and escalating into ever worse actions is an act of genuine compassion from someone willing to put themselves out there.

But it's shonen, so instead Deku's gonna punch some people until the "good guys" win.

(Twice should be the protagonist, I love you Twice)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Rhonne posted:

Imagine thinking you'd want to marry into Capital

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Betting that dabi saves twice and turns hawks into fried chicken

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

i was happy when i heard that horikoshi had completely forgotten about the traitor thing and i was sad when i heard that first thing didn't actually happen

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

It could come up again as a theme. The Hero Association, convinced that their enemies have spies and traitors planted, decide it's alright to plant spies and traitors among their enemies. They manufactured an excuse to act immorally, and see anything they do as justified against an enemy as evil as they imagine their opposition to be. This is exactly the kind of oppression the Villian Alliance is rebelling against... a society that strips their rights and crushes them because of the fear that they will be evil. Against a figure like Hawks, Twice can either choose to murder someone he thought was his friend or go to jail as punishment for being trusting to the new guy, or maybe be cut in half by feathers? It's not lookin' good.

In the end, the only thing that can stop both factions from radicalizing in opposition to one another and escalating into ever worse actions is an act of genuine compassion from someone willing to put themselves out there.

But it's shonen, so instead Deku's gonna punch some people until the "good guys" win.

(Twice should be the protagonist, I love you Twice)

I don't agree with this reading for 2 reasons. There absolutely is something pointing towards an information leak back when it was just the League of Villains. Things like the location of the summer camp being located and information about the school's security. Unless the story wants to walk that back there is absolutely a traitor.
The other reason is that the current enemies in the Liberation Front have installed themselves into virtually every walk of life and occupation including the heroes association itself. Alongside All for One's former infrastructure based around a doctor who has maintained a positive public face for decades, the Heroes are not immoral for having their own Moles to infiltrate such a extensive group and try and stop Judgement Day from happening without any forewarning.

Twice being a tragic figure doesn't change the fact that he's also extremely dangerous in his current state and a linchpin in the operation being headed by fanatical and nihilistic individuals. While I think everyone can agree that he needs help, Hawks and the heroes aren't in the wrong for abusing Twice's trust to get information.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Dabi is trying his hardest to figure out what is the least useful thing he can do right now that would still make him look really cool.

Also Jiro x Kaminari pairing is pretty much explicit now, he literally got a montage about realizing that Jiro is extremely important to him and his thoughts about her is what finally got him through his nervousness and hesitation. A pity that he is the traitor and will have to kill her to show he is still loyal to Villain Alliance tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kaminari had his big Jirou revelation so that it'll be that much more tragic when he dies in 3 chapters.