Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

The Glumslinger posted:

Just have them make recipes that I might actually make, quit doing this weird clickbaity bullshit

Agreed, but I do enjoy watching Delaney putter around different cities and try ______ in various local shops, and assign ratings to them. He's generally positive overall, even if the thing isn't quite his cup of tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

have they tried a baked pizza roll yet?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

dino. posted:

Agreed, but I do enjoy watching Delaney putter around different cities and try ______ in various local shops, and assign ratings to them. He's generally positive overall, even if the thing isn't quite his cup of tea.

I was mixed on Delaney when I first got into BA videos but he really is just an overwhelmingly positive guy. Nothing bad to say about him, and the faux nemesis thing with Brad is great.

I definitely prefer when he tries a variety of the same foodstuff at different locations to when he goes through the entire menu at a single place, though.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I’m close to DMing Delaney to ask about the coffee situation at BA. What’s the breakdown between beans they buy and sample bags sent in by roasters? Is there one person in charge of procuring the beans? How many bags do they go through in a day? Is there good coffee for the non-test kitchen part of the office?

As someone with a little pourover setup hidden in my office filing cabinet, I’m very jealous of the afternoon Delaney and Morocco coffee tasting.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

dino. posted:

Agreed, but I do enjoy watching Delaney putter around different cities and try ______ in various local shops, and assign ratings to them.

That's been cancelled and replaced by

The Midniter posted:

when he goes through the entire menu at a single place

Delaney's probably one of my favourites regardless.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Is he really claiming that he invented mixing ketchup and mustard?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

droll posted:

I think it’s more a rant about people saying mixing ketchup and mustard is not a sauce or not cheffy enough.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

The Glumslinger posted:

Just have them make recipes that I might actually make, quit doing this weird clickbaity bullshit

I like most of BA's clickbaity poo poo though...

Especially "every way to cook X" even though the dubbed-over eating noises are weird.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i cannot stand ameil's wild fake gesticulating

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

droll posted:

i think that's called a joke

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

i cannot stand ameil's wild fake gesticulating

It’s incredibly fuckin’ weird, but the videos are usually interesting enough that I push through it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJzqChe3FQ

And their horrible boss puts himself in the center stage

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Are there any YouTube or similar channels that show old cooking shows, like 50s or earlier? Do those kind of shows even exist? I'm intensely curious how things have changed but I get the feeling most of it is just in pictures and cookbooks instead of video form.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

food network is doing a big dumb tournament of champions which is exactly my poo poo, especially because there are a bunch Top Chef competitors involved, but I think this is the first time I've ever heard the words "Top Chef" on the Food Network before. They've always just referred to it as "other cooking competitions" or something along those lines, but apparently with like, 5 winners/runners-up from various Top Chef seasons they can't just do that for the Tournament of Champions.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Food Network is doing a Tournament of Champions, featuring ~~The Most Dangerous Setup Ever Devised~~...a single elimination bracket. Maybe the equipment and style randomization are new, but otherwise eh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Without further comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMqQoOEsnjA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJzqChe3FQ

And their horrible boss puts himself in the center stage

Rappaport aside this was pretty good. I love Andy and Shola even more for having listened to this.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
I love Sola because she is so loving droll.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Rappaport aside this was pretty good. I love Andy and Shola even more for having listened to this.

I liked it when Priya told that her dad reads the Youtube comments on her videos and upvotes the positive ones. Also when she had to try and explain fanfiction to the rest of the group.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Oh god is there BA fanfic

Do they ship Brad and Claire

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
My wife thinks Molly and Delany have the "should be dating" kind of chemistry on camera.

I tried to explain it to her that, no, it's just that

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Are there any YouTube or similar channels that show old cooking shows, like 50s or earlier? Do those kind of shows even exist? I'm intensely curious how things have changed but I get the feeling most of it is just in pictures and cookbooks instead of video form.

A lot of cooking shows from that era would just be the video version of velveeta brownies. As in, this show is sponsored by SPAM, and now here's how to make deviled spam and egg salad sandwiches served with some fried spam and cheese crackers; that sort of thing. It wasn't until Julia Child started her show in the early 60's that cooking shows became more like what we think of now.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Galloping Gourmet is great if you want an old cooking show to look for. Graham Kerr is hilarious.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
That 90s poo poo he did where it's healthy no fat no salt cooking is awful though.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Cookbooks_and_Cooking_(Bookshelf)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxv6IGBgFQ

kru
Oct 5, 2003

droll posted:

That 90s poo poo he did where it's healthy no fat no salt cooking is awful though.

It's amazing TV to watch with friends who cook. Everyone is constantly just yelling 'what the gently caress' at the screen

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnoLbyhgdts

:lol: at Sohla's analysis of Andy's muffins.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chris Kimball's new show has some legit recipes. The chicken adobo looks great. Also Nigella Lawson recipe is always welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JooDagJVXaY

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Mar 14, 2020

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child/julia-child-video-collection/

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Seeing a pre-fame Emeril Lagasse in the first episode of Cooking with Master Chiefs is a trip. He's so subdued compared to his later tv persona.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Why am I not surprised Molly's drink is the piña colada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWPswqRwc

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Delany says he's doing Dry January so he can't drink his cocktail. Are they filming these things 3 months in advance?

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Mu Zeta posted:

Delany says he's doing Dry January so he can't drink his cocktail. Are they filming these things 3 months in advance?

I think it depends on the video, but I know some of them are filmed months ahead of time. Like, I think one of the videos that came out last month (February) mentioned it being almost Christmas.
This makes me hopeful that if they have to take a break from filming for Covid stuff, they'll have enough of a backlog to keep stuff going.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah I just remembered their Thanksgiving special where they all sat down to eat outside and it was bright and sunny in NYC so it was probably filmed in the summer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Claire's Bagel Bites ep was interrupted by the office Christmas party IIRC

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah I just remembered their Thanksgiving special where they all sat down to eat outside and it was bright and sunny in NYC so it was probably filmed in the summer.

Yeah iirc that episode was filmed in July or August.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
My 2 current favorite youtube things just crossed over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxeUuP6DAJA

Trixie is a gem

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Did I miss a press briefing that we've made contact with ETs?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kloa posted:

Did I miss a press briefing that we've made contact with ETs?

gently caress off with this.