Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won the debate
This poll is closed.
Hillary (haha!) 49 32.03%
Bernie 17 11.11%
Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. 87 56.86%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao if christie, who has been frozen out of the republican party because trump doesnt like him, comes begging to bernie and the dems for a job

He was Trump's original pick for VP and was offered chief of staff when Kelly left though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i also found this really stupid article on forbes (shocking) that's like "it's misleading for pete buttigieg to call himself not a millionaire when his current investments will make him a millionaire in the next twenty years if everything stays exactly the same" https://www.forbes.com/sites/elenab...e/#6582d64821d5

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

eighty-four merc posted:

buttigieg's claim of like "I'm the poorest person on this stage!" is so funny because it's like yeah no poo poo dude you were in the workforce for like two years

idk, every year i'm in the workforce i get a tiny bit poorer

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tinstaach posted:

imo the most forgotten highlight was Warren bringing up all the Republicans that Bloomberg donated to, and the useless moderators not even bothering to ask him to explain himself
mods also intentionally cut off warren right when she was in the middle of saying why bloomberg's nda answer was bullshit and was gonna deliver another big soundbite blow like she did in the previous debate only a week ago

mods extremely in the tank for bloomberg

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

comedyblissoption posted:

mods also intentionally cut off warren right when she was in the middle of saying why bloomberg's nda answer was bullshit and was gonna deliver another big soundbite blow like she did in the previous debate only a week ago

Yeah I got no love for her, but I will root for the Predator to beat the gross slimy Alien, and think Warren was prepped enough to say why "I gave a limited release to specifically the three people who were already brave enough to complain while I had their career in my hands and no one else" is absolutely disingenuous garbage.

Also, direct firsthand testimony is literally evidence. You can say it's not compelling or credible evidence or believe it to be false evidence, but in a literal sense it's evidence. I wish she'd also gotten more time to explain that.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Flavius Aetass posted:

idk, every year i'm in the workforce i get a tiny bit poorer

ya but are you DINKing?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

eighty-four merc posted:

ya but are you DINKing?
Even with a partner, life for the working class is very expensive

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

note that mods choosing to cut off people when bloomberg was about to get owned or not following up to own bloomberg is also very illuminating, because the mods specifically chose not to aggressively cut people off or moderate the debate descending into chaos in many other circumstances when it did not challenge bloomberg

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

time to win on Tuesday. Saturday is just running up the score or a mere inconvenience.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Be prepared for the succ media to put in extra hours over the weekend trying to stoke FUD by spinning a 1 point eeked out Biden victory into a complete derailment of the Bernie train, why won't he drop out, etc etc. Then Tues we shut them up.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

eighty-four merc posted:

ya but are you DINKing?

Is SINKing the couterpart to his?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

punished milkman posted:

i googled chasten and his family a bunch and they did not seem like millionaire people at all. the father is like a construction contractor guy. the mom sued a school because she got her finger caught in a door or some poo poo as well (im serious, there are legal records online). what's the source for the chasten millionaire claim?

There's uh a bit of a class divide between "guy who owns a landscaping company" and "guy hanging around the Exxon waiting for ditchdigging work", doing even sorta okay at the former makes you a low millionaire and that's Terry Glezman. He's apparently a homophobic chud who kicked Chasten out of the house for being gay tho so that probably doesn't translate to adult Chasten being a silver-spoon trust funder, and being related to someone worth a million bucks doesn't mean you have a million bucks anyway.

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Feb 27, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I am SIWKing

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
"Buttigieg has funneled those mayoral earnings—plus a $30,000 chunk of his book advance—into a portfolio of cash and investments, including Google and Apple stock, worth between $87,000 and $300,000, according to a Forbes analysis of his financial disclosure.

But his single largest asset is his home. When he returned to Indiana a decade ago, Buttigieg shelled out $125,000 for a vacant, 2,500-square-foot neoclassical house in the neighborhood where he grew up. He set about refurbishing it, taking out a $100,000 mortgage that made headlines earlier this year when he revealed the payment is just $450 per month. A second mortgage, taken out in 2017 for $70,000, likely adds another $400 or so to his monthly bill."

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

There's uh a bit of a class divide between "guy who owns a landscaping company" and "guy hanging around the Exxon waiting for ditchdigging work", doing even sorta okay at the former makes you a low millionaire and that's Terry Glezman. He's apparently a homophobic chud who kicked Chasten out of the house for being gay tho so that probably doesn't translate to adult Chasten being a silver-spoon trust funder, and being related to someone worth a million bucks doesn't mean you have a million bucks anyway.

Heavy.com usually sucks, but I think this article shows a bit of the disconnect from what people commonly believe about Chasten's relationship with his family, compared to the reality of it. They seem pretty supportive.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

"Buttigieg has funneled those mayoral earnings—plus a $30,000 chunk of his book advance—into a portfolio of cash and investments, including Google and Apple stock, worth between $87,000 and $300,000, according to a Forbes analysis of his financial disclosure.

But his single largest asset is his home. When he returned to Indiana a decade ago, Buttigieg shelled out $125,000 for a vacant, 2,500-square-foot neoclassical house in the neighborhood where he grew up. He set about refurbishing it, taking out a $100,000 mortgage that made headlines earlier this year when he revealed the payment is just $450 per month. A second mortgage, taken out in 2017 for $70,000, likely adds another $400 or so to his monthly bill."

lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

papa horny michael posted:

Heavy.com usually sucks, but I think this article shows a bit of the disconnect from what people commonly believe about Chasten's relationship with his family, compared to the reality of it. They seem pretty supportive.

yeah they also mention the part where he was homeless for a while after he came out

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Nix Panicus posted:

The great thing about this is that Obama could have reined in Comey, or directed the FBI to issue a statement denouncing Comey, or issued a statement that it was investigating Trump, or talked about supposed Russian interference and he just didn't. Barack Obama, head of the executive branch, watched James Comey deliver the October Surprise and did absolutely nothing about it. I like to think it was out of pure petty spite for Hillary and revenge for the birther thing.

Also the Russia thing is dumb as gently caress. Clinton spent a billion loving US dollars on her general election campaign and the Russians spent at most a few hundred thousand on some Twitter bots and Facebook memes. 4Chan had more effect on the election with homegrown memes and shitposts than the Russian Federation. And nobody has ever disputed the factual content of the DNC emails, meaning all of the things the Dems ate poo poo over were things they actually did and were just embarrassed anyone found out about. Maybe don't try to put your finger on the scale in the future. Also, if I remember right the 'tried to hack a State department computer' story was actually 'someone in Russia pinged a port but didn't do anything'.

gently caress anyone who thinks 'Russian interference' mattered in the slightest against a campaign that actively turned away volunteers trying to make a last ditch effort to save Michigan from itself because the almighty algorithm said otherwise. Russia has always been an excuse for succ dems to avoid any kind of introspection about the failures of 2016 and instead pin everything on some unpredictable other.

Every bit of this is right, but wanted to add one nuance.

The target of the Hack was polling data, and all of dnc/hillary add budget/planning. E-mails and all that other stuff was just bonus. That data is what directed the basis of Russian attacks and Trumps targeting of states Hillary were largely ignoring because her polling data was pretty bad compared to what the republicans had available. Of course no one reports on this or anything because of what you said: Despite whatever Russia or Trump did, she would of lost regardless.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Soviet Commubot posted:

Is SINKing the couterpart to his?

FINK's SINK and DINK

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

FINK's SINK and DINK

formerly CH-****bong****

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

pigz posted:

Every bit of this is right, but wanted to add one nuance.

The target of the Hack was polling data, and all of dnc/hillary add budget/planning. E-mails and all that other stuff was just bonus. That data is what directed the basis of Russian attacks and Trumps targeting of states Hillary were largely ignoring because her polling data was pretty bad compared to what the republicans had available. Of course no one reports on this or anything because of what you said: Despite whatever Russia or Trump did, she would of lost regardless.
and then in return for this russia got...an extremely hostile anti-russia foreign policy???

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i guess the extremely anti-russia foreign policy was what trump and putin needed to agree on to cover up the electoral collusion so people didnt get wise to their game

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

and then in return for this russia got...an extremely hostile anti-russia foreign policy???

TBF even a vaguely hostile Trump's still a lot less bad for Russia (and, uh, everyone else in the general direction of Russia) than a Hillary presidency woulda been, she was beating the drum to blow up Syria into WWIII

lol imagine if another nuclear power held an election where one of the leading candidate's campaign planks was invading Canada and shooting down any American planes they could find

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 20:02 on Feb 27, 2020

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Daikloktos posted:

Even with a partner, life for the working class is very expensive

ya i have to work for a living too and am very much looking forward to the factory uprisings

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

TBF even a vaguely hostile Trump's still a lot less bad for Russia (and, uh, everyone else in the general direction of Russia) than a Hillary presidency woulda been, she was beating the drum to blow up Syria into WWIII

lol imagine if another nuclear power held an election where one of the leading candidate's campaign planks was invading Canada and shooting down any American planes they could find

Oh my God I remember the "no-fly zone" thing and thinking the media and the public didn't pick up on how alarming it was. Probably because the sanitized language obfuscates the fact that it meant "starting a hot war with Russia by shooting down their jets."

I'm not going to cape for Trump, but I think if we were in the last year of HRCs term we would be bare minimum in a cluster in Iran, if not incenerated by Topols.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it was the exact same terminology that made its big intro into common parlance in the Iraq war and they just decided nobody would remember lol

Sanders was and is our last stop off the train before these boobs cheerfully start a nuclear armageddon over "looking strong"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Owlbear Camus posted:

Oh my God I remember the "no-fly zone" thing and thinking the media and the public didn't pick up on how alarming it was. Probably because the sanitized language obfuscates the fact that it meant "starting a hot war with Russia by shooting down their jets."

I'm not going to cape for Trump, but I think if we were in the last year of HRCs term we would be bare minimum in a cluster in Iran, if not incenerated by Topols.

I think she would have respected the Iranian deal Obama made but we would definitely be way more involved in Venezuela and other Middle East bullshit

Hell, maybe that would have escalated into a war with Iran after all

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Updated OP. 11th debate is Biden vs. Sanders, 1v1. Currently they're gonna be seated so Joe can also gently caress the chair but they might be on podiums depends on how CNN handles complaints about it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s a shame there was no debate between Super Tuesday and this next Tuesday’s elections.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 12:35 on Mar 8, 2020

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Platystemon posted:

It’s a shame there was no debate between Super Tuesday and this next Tuesday’s elections.

Hey, we got all those Jerry Springer-gently caress twelve person debates where you couldn't understand anyone

e Actually, why didn't they chop them up a bit? I remember there Republican primary debaters being split into a couple groups

v ha, impossible/that might be what I was thinking of v

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 13:08 on Mar 8, 2020

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Inspector Hound posted:

Hey, we got all those Jerry Springer-gently caress twelve person debates where you couldn't understand anyone

e Actually, why didn't they chop them up a bit? I remember there Republican primary debaters being split into a couple groups

they did in the beginning, remember all the way to like six months ago

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm so excited to learn about how Bernie is against gun control, and is lying about Biden wanting to cut social security in the past. And what the gently caress was the Iraq War? Sounds like a made up smear by the Bernie Brothers. In conclusion we could never pass progressive policies, better elect a Republican.

Thank you for attending the final Democratic debate. (I do mean final.)

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone take the trump/talking heads once in a lifetime and put biden in there asking all the questions...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

did trump tweet the title of this thread lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this is slander

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Squizzle posted:

this is slander

Are you a cop?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Thump! posted:

Are you a cop?

Forums cops are still cops.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I'm so excited to learn about how Bernie is against gun control, and is lying about Biden wanting to cut social security in the past. And what the gently caress was the Iraq War? Sounds like a made up smear by the Bernie Brothers. In conclusion we could never pass progressive policies, better elect a Republican.

Thank you for attending the final Democratic debate. (I do mean final.)

God willing comrade

Nonsense posted:

time to win on Tuesday. Saturday is just running up the score or a mere inconvenience.

this aged poorly

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Thump! posted:

Are you a cop?

its more like volunteer custodian

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
kamala is just straight up going to be weekend at biden's-ing joe at the debate

"Oh I'm just standing behind him as a show of support! Isn't that right Joe?"
*Joe nods violently as Kamala pitches his head forward and back*