Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Oh yeah, build down the tolerance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Man I really need to build up the tolerance again. Maybe if I just smoked on the weekend?

This is literally what I do most of the time and I have babby levels of tolerance

It owns and it saves money though I have moments where I smoke here and there during the week

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

when my tolerance gets too high i just smoke more. problem solved

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Works every time.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I just saw a very large bluesman named kingfish play a great show and he came into the audience amd walked around for a bit until he stopped and played a 4 minute solo right to me and my gf. it was insane. we were just like vibing right off each other. dang that was cool. god bless marijuana and god bless the blues.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this tolerance

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm a legal medical weed user now. Never used marijuana before.

The guidelines I was given for trying CBD/THC products were really loose, so if anyone has any recommendations for what to try first that'd be great.

I'm able to order from Tilray and Spectrum in Canada.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Dr.D-O posted:

The guidelines I was given for trying CBD/THC products were really loose, so if anyone has any recommendations for what to try first that'd be great.

Sort of on a similar boat when it comes to CBD. I've got a sampler package of hemp bud coming in the mail today and I was wondering if it's common to mix cbd and thc bud together?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
sure! mixing CBD and THC is definitely a good idea IMO. if you haven't smoked much before maybe just a smaller amount of the THC bud

i've been dabbing a 50/50 mix of CBD isolate and regular concentrate and it's a nice thing

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Dr.D-O posted:

Depends entirely on what you're using it for.

I used to get these day ruining migraines. I found that pot basically turned them off - I'd still not be able to go to work, but at least I wasn't hiding under a pillow trying not to puke. The pot that helped me was heavy CBD called Cannatonic. I've also used Warlock from TIlray before, for the same issue.

I find vaping to be the best consumption method. I have an Arizer Solo 2, it's been very decent. It's portable in that I can take it outside to puff away, but it's a bit of a pain to travel with. The 510 threaded pens are good too if you're oot and aboot. Get a good quality grinder, and keep your weed in a sealed container - mason jars work well, I use hinge lid glass jars from Micahel's. I also swear by the Boveda humidity packs, you can get them on Amazon for not too much.

Try a couple different strains and see what helps - there's enough variety out there that you'll find something workable. I agree with mixing CBD/THC too - I used to be a purist and only smoke the exact strain I had ordered, but I've found it really relaxing to "cut" some heavy THC bud with Cannatonic for a more mellow time.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mixing cbd hemp with space weed is cool and good and it's going to be a lot more practical and economical for most people than buying boutique high cbd strains of actual illegal weed.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Mozi posted:

sure! mixing CBD and THC is definitely a good idea IMO. if you haven't smoked much before maybe just a smaller amount of the THC bud

i've been dabbing a 50/50 mix of CBD isolate and regular concentrate and it's a nice thing

thanks, looking forward to try it later today!

poverty goat posted:

Mixing cbd hemp with space weed is cool and good and it's going to be a lot more practical and economical for most people than buying boutique high cbd strains of actual illegal weed.

yeh, illinois dispensaries are not exactly cheap atm (or even in stock with flower a lot of the time)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Hell Yeah posted:

i feel like we talk about avb in this thread more than actual bud

It's true. Strange for me because I don't really vape at all and even if I did I would not use it afterwards, it's trash at that point just like resin and it goes in the garbage

poverty goat posted:

all i do is stuff the weed, crutch and paper into this box and snap it shut

and out comes a perfect joint with the end crimped shut so the weed doesn't fall out, every time

rolling joints is a job for robots

I have the thing that looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsA-B0_WgxU

small one for little jays, big one for fatties and blunts

Dr.D-O posted:

I don't know anything about those shops but I'll tell you the way I do it: buy completely random poo poo you like the name of or are interested in trying out, whether that's oil, flower, a pen, cbd stuff, what have you. Then smoke it, and afterwards you've learned about that thing and whether you like it or not. I guess in general for a noobie I'd recommend just picking up some bottom shelf sativa and indica (so you can see if you have a preference, personally I don't really care at all) and a cheap pipe or a vape or a bong and take a hit or two but no more. Also, pre loaded pens are a great way to introduce yourself to concentrates and you don't need to buy anything but the pen. But overall, I recommend experimenting.

I've bought several of the strongest solutions of CBD, those ones that are like 200 dollars a bottle. It's okay, I do feel something subtle, but overall my impression of CBD is disappointment, it just doesn't do much. If you are going to try it I recommend going all out, dropping a bit of money for the strong stuff so you can really see if it's for you. A LOT of what people say magical things about CBD which I'm pretty sure is just placebo.

If you are going to purchase CBD, don't necessarily do it at the shop usually online is the best way.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

iirc someone in this thread is in the northampton mass area? is NETA worth checking out?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Follow-up:

It's been about a month since I started buying at the local dispensary here in NJ.

Picked up the weakest indica they had, plus edibles (10mg watermelon-flavored lozenges).
The weed is sold in 1/8 and 1/4-ounce. A bag of 35-lozenges is equivalent to 1/8-oz.

I use a 1-hitter as I did twenty years ago. One hit 2-3 hours before bed, then an edible as I'm laying down. Consequently, I still have no idea what the edibles feel like as I have been sleeping like a felled tree for the first time in many years. :)

Maybe one weekend day I'll try one, but most weekends I have poo poo to do.

The smoke hits pretty good for about a half-hour to 45-minutes, then gradually ramps down.

Best move I have made.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 9, 2020

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I just recently got my medical card in PA and have been experimenting with different strains and nothing hits me quite the same way as this 7:1 THC:CBD variety of the Lucky Charms strain does. I feel like it's the closest thing to being sprayed with the good vibes goo from Ghostbusters 2.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Earwicker posted:

iirc someone in this thread is in the northampton mass area? is NETA worth checking out?

They’re pretty expensive, some goon posted a giant haul earlier in the thread that was ten bucks less than what they charge for just a gram of shatter.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks to everyone who answered my question. Very helpful/insightful.

I'm going to make my first order this evening.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

What's the place for good value glass bongs? I got one off aliexpress.com a few years ago and it was nice, but shipping from China was real slow even before the global pandemic. Boy I loved typing that

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What's the place for good value glass bongs? I got one off aliexpress.com a few years ago and it was nice, but shipping from China was real slow even before the global pandemic. Boy I loved typing that

Dhgate.com

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I find the best way to smoke weed is all day every day.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dr.D-O posted:

Thanks to everyone who answered my question. Very helpful/insightful.

I'm going to make my first order this evening.

sweet. have fun friend and don't forget to report back.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CoolRanch posted:

Dhgate.com

they're also having a coronavirus sale on paper masks and hazmat suits so you can get two birds stoned at once https://www.dhgate.com/sales/fightncov.html

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They’re pretty expensive, some goon posted a giant haul earlier in the thread that was ten bucks less than what they charge for just a gram of shatter.

that sucks. is there any other place in that town worth checking out tho? the internet shows me nothing or at least nothing close to downtown area

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Earwicker posted:

that sucks. is there any other place in that town worth checking out tho? the internet shows me nothing or at least nothing close to downtown area

I mean, some shops are pricey and some states are pricey and that's how it is, if you can't find another one on weedmaps or whatever there probably isn't one. Paying an extra ten bucks an eighth won't kill you.

I always like to join their text lists so that I can get updated on deals and decide what the best day to go in on is, for the most part I try and never pay full price for anything and just take advantage of sales

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

Dr.D-O posted:

I've ordered from Spectrum before, they are fine, but the names for their strains are a bit generic. You can check https://lift.co/ for reviews on strains for a better idea of what people use them for.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Harton posted:

I find the best way to smoke weed is all day every day.

This is some pretty sage advice here

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I smoke weed everyday and I don't have the corona virus. Just saying

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else have friends posting that how to share a joint without touching your lips to it thing

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/how-to-share-a-joint-without-sharing-germs/Content?oid=24001081

Here ya go friends, go get everyone real high

Play
Apr 25, 2006

there are actually germs on your hands as well, not just your saliva, so I'm not sure this would actually stop you from transmitting something if an infected person used this method

I'm not sure if it's a joke or something and it's probably obvious but this is not a medically sound strategy

My advice? Roll two joints instead of one. The more the merrier!

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

bagmonkey posted:

Does anyone else have friends posting that how to share a joint without touching your lips to it thing

Everyone needs their own joint. None of this communal hippie bullshit.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

BREAKING NEWS AT THIS HOUR: weed is awesome love your friends and yourself.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

there are actually germs on your hands as well, not just your saliva, so I'm not sure this would actually stop you from transmitting something if an infected person used this method

I'm not sure if it's a joke or something and it's probably obvious but this is not a medically sound strategy

My advice? Roll two joints instead of one. The more the merrier!

I'm definitely not serious, but some people on Facebook were taking that poo poo seriously, p scary

Play
Apr 25, 2006

in this time of national crisis I think we all need to take a step back and be thankful for what we have. namely, weed

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

smoked a bowl and then i smoked a kiefy bowl and holy loly

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Dick posted:

Everyone needs their own joint. None of this communal hippie bullshit.

Mr. Dick is missing out on when everyone tries to hold their hit until it comes back to them until everyone explodes in coughing and laughter.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Walrus posted:

Mr. Dick is missing out on when everyone tries to hold their hit until it comes back to them until everyone explodes in coughing and laughter.

I like those hits where it sounds like the wind got knocked out of you.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Like you just deep throated a maple tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I got some "ak47" and it's definitely doing the trick.