Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

the last signal... posted:

That's like saying gently caress all Americans because of Trump

people will suffer greatly because of this, pretty messed up to enjoy it maybe you should unplug from the internet for awhile

I don't think it's like saying "All Americans" because of Trump.

Americans in red states that voted Trump though, well. A comparable example if West Virginia, which went Trump hard because they decided to double down on coal production despite being offered billions of dollars by Hillary to retrain away from it vs someone who lied and said "coal isn't going away, it's going to come back better than ever!" while attacking things like their unions that made those jobs good in the first place.

You can only shrug your shoulders in response to these placed ultimately snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1236788047527710723?s=20

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

e: ^^^ These people are truly broken. :stonklol:

mila kunis posted:

I hope Alberta dying is accompanied by a real estate and banking crash that kills Ontario as well.

Why is BC spared of the housing crash? :mad:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

I can't not process this tweet as trolling. Like I understand, intellectually, just by the law of large numbers that somebody genuinely believes this, but I just can't.

Very strong Poe's Law energy.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
It's satire--that person's account isn't plastered with tweets about Qanon and George Soros.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
that is a chapo trap house podcast person

hey maybe we'll all get houses as every provincial and the federal government shovels money at canadians to keep our last economic engine going (haha gently caress off i'm not buying a house)

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Won't this oil crash end as soon as either Russia or Saudi Arabia blinks?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
depends on what you mean by end I guess

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

pokeyman posted:

I can't not process this tweet as trolling. Like I understand, intellectually, just by the law of large numbers that somebody genuinely believes this, but I just can't.

Very strong Poe's Law energy.

He's mocking albertans

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Ok good.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://twitter.com/andrew_leach/status/1236863879721799681?s=21

drat this poo poo is getting real.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

mila kunis posted:

I hope Alberta dying is accompanied by a real estate and banking crash that kills Ontario as well.

Harsh, but fair

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Can't omit BC FIRE collapsing. When you take even a small look under the surface you realize the entire country's economy is largely bullshit and a house of cards waiting to collapse.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Risky Bisquick posted:

AB might be forced to implement a PST

There's plenty of would be political moderates here in Alberta suggesting this, though I don't see why everybody is so horny for PST now, rather than just fixing our insanely stupid income tax setup.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

PittTheElder posted:

There's plenty of would be political moderates here in Alberta suggesting this, though I don't see why everybody is so horny for PST now, rather than just fixing our insanely stupid income tax setup.

I would assume it's because Conservatives love regressive taxation? It's a regressive tax that every other province already has, seems like it'd be pretty easy to get away with.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 9, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hey here's an idea, maybe just maybe we should use a bunch of stimulus money to do massive renewable energy infrastructure projects so that Alberta's economy is no longer entirely dependent on the price of a resource set by a couple of murderous dictators measuring each other's dicks halfway round the world.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Alberta is already building the most renewables in the country, and fortunately we do not need any coked out rigpigs to get it done. You really don't need as much labour for renewables projects.

Also they usually end up fired or quitting within the first two weeks.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 9, 2022

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

On the one hand, while I feel bad for the innocents who will be negatively affected by the price in oil doing it's best impersonation of the hindenburg, ever since the last election, the rest of Canada has had to put up with so much bitching and complaining from conservative Albertians not getting their way that all I can do is hope that the rest of Canada just laughs when the Alberta government asks for more money to cover shortfalls, and asks "why should we give money to the independent nation of Alberta? Oh, you don't want to secede now?".

I am all for providing housing in other provinces for the people who want to get the gently caress out of Alberta though.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Something I haven’t seen much talking about - if the cruise industry takes a dive, that’s gonna be a real hurt to the maritimes, which can’t afford it.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

The Maritimes were fine before cruise ships came to the provinces, they'll be fine after they're gone.*

* This requires a very odd and uniquely Maritimer definition of "fine."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
You just know some Albertan is gonna argue the fed gov should subsidize Oil and Gas like bombardier so that we keep pumping oil even if it hits $0

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

You just know some Albertan is gonna argue the fed gov should subsidize Oil and Gas like bombardier so that we keep pumping oil even if it hits $0

Yeah, we could call it something catchy like "National Energy Program"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
How can I be high and mighty about this plummeting price killing pipelines by proxy without appearing condescending to the Albertan working class who will suffer, please advise.

My only frustration is that I don't think those drat truckers will be hit hard.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Albino Squirrel how’s things out west. What is the sentiment among healthcare professionals.

PittTheElder posted:

It’s the simplest way to raise funds without using big numbers for progressive taxation. The revenue for
Their services needs to come from somewhere, and I don’t think their debt rating will hold so somethings gotta give.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dreylad posted:

hey maybe we'll all get houses as every provincial and the federal government shovels money at canadians to keep our last economic engine going (haha gently caress off i'm not buying a house)
https://twitter.com/btaplatt/status/1237016608150884352

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Toalpaz posted:

How can I be high and mighty about this plummeting price killing pipelines by proxy without appearing condescending to the Albertan working class who will suffer, please advise.

My only frustration is that I don't think those drat truckers will be hit hard.

Use it as an example of the shortsightedness of putting all your eggs in one basket and the necessity of having a diversified economy. Workers are being hurt now because business and political leaders chased bag incentives and didn't plan ahead for hard times the way we're all supposed to.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

My employer matches 60% of my RRSP so if they end up paying for 60% of my house in three years due to this I'm gonna LMFAO.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
why not just loving let people withraw their cpp pensions at this point so we can keep fueling this stupid bubble

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Surely providing people more ways to hedge against future income will fix the housing market. The perfect citizen is one that dies broke and makes their final mortgage payment hours before their heartbeat stops.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What’s good my fellow Canadians? How long should I wait to fill up my gas tank?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I just want to buy some goddamn toilet paper at Costco, they've been sold out all loving week

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

MA-Horus posted:

I just want to buy some goddamn toilet paper at Costco, they've been sold out all loving week

Time to invest in bidet futures.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

fuckin lol

a sick part of me wants to see this happen can you imagine

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yes take money out of your rrsps so those who can afford not to get to split the earned interest on your money

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

MA-Horus posted:

Here there's been stock in the mornings that gets bought out by noon or so. If you come in the morning you shouldn't have trouble. But I know certain cities have been much crazier than others

Where abouts are you? I could get someone to check stock levels in the area

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
I find that weird, every place I've been here in ontario has plenty of everything except sanitizer, wipes, and alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

mediaphage posted:

I find that weird, every place I've been here in ontario has plenty of everything except sanitizer, wipes, and alcohol.

Its not been too crazy here in Ottawa either. There's no one rushing to get a specific item or queuing to get in the store at opening.. However I've noticed basically everyone in the store has TP in their basket, and it will sell out before evening shoppers have a shot at it