Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Bad Munki posted:

Is there a game/sim where you fly by pushing toward your feet with your arms? Think Iron Man.

PSVR is getting an Iron Man VR game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Turin Turambar posted:

Can I ask any H3VR veteran to make an "EFFORTPOST" in explaining the different scenes?

I can try, but I can't remember all the ranges so quick summary-

Regular gun ranges
>Indoor Range- the default, where Anton does his Wonderful sound check. Has an adjustable target, and will spawn with whatever was added in the last patch.
>Friendly .45- the hickok range, lots of pots and a skeet catapult
>Arizona- lots of open space, has an Oversized M1911 for if you want a manpack howitzer
>Sniper range- 500m long corridor
>Modular range- lets you set up dynamic targets and stages, but it's been abandoned for years because-

Mini games-
>MEATS- A ton of game modes, including quick draw, maths and pattern recognition, and most importantly, a Equilibrium simulator for improving your gun-kata skills.
>Breaching Protocol- an older scene that sets up a handful of targets for you to sweep and clear. Treat it like the tutorial from CoD4- run through house, shoot targets in the face, knife the watermelon
>Gunnasium- a defunct scene where there is no gravity, but you can only move by grabbing onto rails. You get a Glock-19 and have to find and shoot a bunch of targets.
>Sampler Platter- Play this first since it has a bunch of areas with instructions on some basic gameplay mechanics. Includes themed ranges for practicing with grenades, pistols, SMGs and rifles. Also has an area with an FIM-92 Stinger and airborne targets so you can cosplay as a Mujaheddin circa 1987
>Grenade Skee Ball- You have grenades. There are physics objects to knock down. Good fun.
Proving Grounds- A testing area for weapons, sosig enemies and other tools. Lets you mess around with doing horrible things to the AI, and has a section for a basic team deathmatch mode with bots
>Meatmas Snowglobe- the Xmas map, it was where the lootbox game was set, and where the Advent Calendar is revealed (1 gun a day until Xmas)

Big Game Modes-
>Meat Fortress- what TF2 would look like in VR. And with hotdog robots. Lets you use all the TF2 Mercs weapons, and fight weiner clones of them
>Meatgrinder- the first 'game mode' Anton released, it's a full survival horror mode with limited lighting and ammunition, where you need to avoid traps and robots to find 'meat'. Uses the older weiner robot enemy types
>Take and Hold- the current 'main' game, where you explore a complex to find capture points that you must hold until a set of targets appears that you have to destroy. Doing so gives you tokens to buy more equipment from randomly generated supply points. Now has 'era' themes so you can roll with 1890 era single actions, WW2 era rifles and machine pistols, or modern day carbines.
>Capocolosseum- the new Xmas map, with a bunch of game modes that riff on Battle Royale and King of the Hill. Also MEATAL GEAR?! It can't be!
>WurstWurld- satire of West World, lots of old cowboy guns and a hidden secret to find. Also contains the hardest challenge so far added to the game- those loving horseshoes
>T&K Containment- an abandoned (for now) Take and Hold modification, with a new map that's more vertical and includes meatball headcrabs. Still needs to have the improvements the regular version has.
>Return of the Rottweiners- the new improved horror mode, unrelated to an older rougelike that involved unlocking characters by doing stupid things. The new one involves completing tasks from a bunch of friendly hotdogs, to help fight off the undead hotdogs and ultimately escape. Its based on doing a handful of objectives to unlock things, and then die and try again with those items now available. Also makes heavy use of melee, as gunshots will lure in more zombies. Good if you're stacked with ammo, bad if you're still only using a .22lr pistol and a bolt action with 10 rounds total.

To summarise- Sampler Platter first to learn the mechanics, try out the ranges to spawn guns and mess around, then give Take and Hold a go as it's still the best there is. RotR is also excellent.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah RoTR is a good 5-7 hours just on its own. It's a great way to get good with bolt actions as well, since you'll be using a hell of a lot of them for the first half of the game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Capocolosseum has a really good wave defense game that involves grilling hot dogs and randomly chosen weapons. It's a really good mode that is a little easier to engage with than T&H.

MEATS has a currency/gun buy thing that's cool and worth playing as you can get used to a lot of gun play without worrying about locomotion at all.

RotR is one of the best VR games to date and I would easily pay $30 for an expanded version.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Also RotR has the greatest inventory system ever- you eat things, then induce vomiting to retrieve them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlrTSEeIFZQ

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Thanks for the info, Paingod556!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Yeah RoTR is a good 5-7 hours just on its own. It's a great way to get good with bolt actions as well, since you'll be using a hell of a lot of them for the first half of the game.

A handgun and shotgun will easily see you through most early content until you can reliably raid the checkpoints for assault rifles. And it's insanely easy once you know you can sprint past the turrets and they'll never touch you at full speed. The only place I found a bolt-action rifle useful was for popping turrets on the bridge.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Bad Munki posted:

So what is it, like two hours to the mad rush for an index? I'm gonna go for it.

Three. The restock goes up at 10am, PDT.

You sure about that? Sale opening time is at 5pm UTC, which is in ~1h 15min from now.

E: Nevermind that. The forums software displays the wrong time for me.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

quote:

SirViver posted:

Three. The restock goes up at 10am, PDT.

You sure about that? Sale opening time is at 5pm UTC, which is in ~1h 15min from now.

E: Nevermind that. The forums software displays the wrong time for me.

Just refresh obsessively for like ten minutes every hour on the hour, it's the only way to be sure.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It says 'ordered', no way to check out?

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
Ordering went up at 10 sharp but Steam's ordering is so busted

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Nuts and Gum posted:

It says 'ordered', no way to check out?

Same! Hope against hope over here

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Penpal posted:

Same! Hope against hope over here

Finally stumbled upon my 'purchase history' and shows up as ordered there, shipping in 2-3 weeks' It still never asked for payment, hopefully they're just waiting so actual transactions dont time out.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
I literally started the order on the second and it was sold out before I could check out.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I somehow completed an order on the headset plus controllers (no base stations) and have "Confirm your shipping and billing by Mar 10, 2020 @ 12:00pm" on the VR Kit in my account? The link to Complete gives "an error initializing or updating my transcation." Hrm.

Do I dare risk canceling the Headset Plus Controllers to see if that loosens up the VR Kit? or am I the dog with a bone barking at his reflection?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Got it in my cart but it won't get past the shipping info screen.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

Got it in my cart but it won't get past the shipping info screen.

Yep that's me. Guess I didn't need an Index anyways.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

iirc it was the same way through the first time and you should get an email before too long to confirm payment and shipping address. I'm hoping to get a pair of knucks, HMD can come later.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Same here too.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

I mean, it actually gives me a "complete order" button with a deadline of tomorrow, so maybe I got one? I don't know.

quote:

Complete your purchase before your invoice expires on Mar 10, 2020 @ 12:00pm.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

“For items that are not available for immediate shipping, we will send you a separate email to confirm your shipping and payment information as the target date arrives. You will have 7 days to complete the transaction at that time.”

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

It's a good thing I have the day off so I can sit here trying the shipping info screen for two hours

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Bad Munki posted:

I mean, it actually gives me a "complete order" button with a deadline of tomorrow, so maybe I got one? I don't know.

Yeah, that's where I'm at, but my Headset and Controllers says "Ships in eight weeks" with no Complete Order? who can tell.

anyway anyone got some base stations they want to flip

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

FBS posted:

It's a good thing I have the day off so I can sit here trying the shipping info screen for two hours

I telecommute from home so I'm all set for as long as it takes

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Poor steam store, gagging on all the money we're trying to cram down its throat. :(

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Feels weird trying to drop one thousand dollars on a toy while watching the stock market crash in another tab

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
lmao i know this is such a wildly irresponsible purchase, and yet I will murder someone if I don't get to spend my thousand dollery doos on my updated toy.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
I am sad, I hit continue so many times...I am sad. I hit buy in the first .3 seconds of it going up but no, no Index for me.
Edit: It just went through all the way.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

!! Just got to the payment screen and got a confirmation, after a Ctrl+F5 refresh on the shipping details page.

Now I wonder if I got one that will ship this month

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh poo poo I got through too

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
Same, I let it sit for 20 minutes and tried again and it went through

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Same, I let it sit for 20 minutes and tried again and it went through

The key was to click harder I think.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
now it shows as Out of Stock for me. Bad luck!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Oh poo poo sorry guys I accidentally ordered 20 of them, maybe that's affecting the supplies

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.
Mine is listed under my purchses under In-Process Orders, but I havent gotten any other emails.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
Shipment status: Processing

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

jubjub64 posted:

Shipment status: Processing

I was just gonna ask if anybody had a firm shipping status yet.

E: mine is Processing as well

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, mine loosened up, too, so now I am Shipment Status: Processing. Chase has it as Processing on my account, too, so fingers crossed.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dingwick posted:

Mine is listed under my purchses under In-Process Orders, but I havent gotten any other emails.

same /cries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I was late, but was able to order a set of controllers? I just clicked 'order' and was expecting to put me through to payment info etc but it just said 'ordered!' and I got an email telling me

"For items that are not available for immediate shipping, we will send you a separate email to confirm your shipping and payment information as the target date arrives. You will have 7 days to complete the transaction at that time."

So I'm basically waitlisted? I think?