Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Winning the CL vs stomping the poo poo out of the league in unprecedented fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

jesus WEP posted:

Winning the CL vs stomping the poo poo out of the league in unprecedented fashion

Ninpo has already covered this, Liverpool are poo poo because they didn't do it unbeaten.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
All of these HEATED videos should be in this thread, if only for the title.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

fat gay nonce posted:

Ninpo has already covered this, Liverpool are poo poo because they didn't do it unbeaten.

Did you know that THE RED DEVILS MANCHESTER UNITED were only one of two teams to take points off Liverpool this season?!

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/JohnAndersonEFC/status/1236950580624527361

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
People that have their club in their twitter handle consistently provide the worst takes.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

People that have their club in their twitter handle consistently provide the worst takes.

Are you suggesting that "EFC" on the end of the twitter handle is the worst thing in that tweet?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Are you suggesting that "EFC" on the end of the twitter handle is the worst thing in that tweet?

Not especially.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
That’s a top, top banner.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ahem point of order, the Premier League trophy is United's, the First Division trophy is Liverpool's.

You have to have had it before for it to come "back" (and you'll have to get relegated to gets yours again)!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bundy posted:

Ahem point of order, the Premier League trophy is United's, the First Division trophy is Liverpool's.

You have to have had it before for it to come "back" (and you'll have to get relegated to gets yours again)!

As it's the Division 1 trophy they should give it to Luton, IMO.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

Ahem. Football didn't start in 1992, it's the same league just with a different name and different shaped trophy.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Bundy posted:

Right thread

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

CyberPingu posted:

Ahem. Football didn't start in 1992, it's the same league just with a different name and different shaped trophy.

Nice try, but the Premier League was formed by a bunch of clubs breaking away from the Football League for TV rights purposes. It's a different league, placed on top of the old League system. It's not just a re-brand (like Division One becoming The Championship)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

So a different trophy :hmmyes:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CyberPingu posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

So a different trophy :hmmyes:

Different "trophy" same league.

Kinda like the World Cup

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CyberPingu posted:

Different "trophy" same league.

Kinda like the World Cup

It's not the same league though.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

pik_d posted:

It's not the same league though.

It is though. It's the top league in English football.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

It is though. It's the top league in English football.

sebzilla posted:

Nice try, but the Premier League was formed by a bunch of clubs breaking away from the Football League for TV rights purposes. It's a different league, placed on top of the old League system. It's not just a re-brand (like Division One becoming The Championship)

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

It's seen as the top division in English football. Therefore it's the same.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

It's seen as the top division in English football. Therefore it's the same.

Right thread

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Do Manchester United say they won the league 20 times or 13 times?!?!

**Explodes in a stupid fan fury that irradiates millions**

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

pik_d posted:

Right thread

This applies to this whole page!!!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Brony Car posted:

Yes.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Giggs says 13

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bundy posted:

Giggs says 13

Gerrard does not lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

**Explodes in a stupid fan fury that irradiates millions**

Manchester United have won the top division in England 20 times, winning the English First Divison seven times and the Carling Barclaycard Barclays Premiership The Premier League Presented by Barclays English Premier League The Premier League 13 times

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Manchester United have won the top division in England 20 times, winning the English First Divison seven times and the Carling Barclaycard Barclays Premiership The Premier League Presented by Barclays English Premier League The Premier League 13 times

🎜 Man United 🎜

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
If you think that the premier league and the old first division are in any way different you are a corporate muppet

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Flayer posted:

If you think that the premier league and the old first division are in any way different you are a corporate muppet

That's what the corporate muppets want you to think

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

Cheers to everyone in the daily discussion who felt it necessary to come over to my comment in r/hockey give me poo poo over there because I had the temerity to use "scouser" to refer to myself as a Liverpool supporter. You're a gang of miserable fuckers and I do hope you find something meaningful in your lives rather than the sad existence you've chosen for yourselves.

Poor guy went and deleted his entire reddit account because he got bodied for calling himself a "Scouser" because he supports Liverpool, even though hes from Canada.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bundy posted:

Giggs says 13

thats class

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Poor guy went and deleted his entire reddit account because he got bodied for calling himself a "Scouser" because he supports Liverpool, even though hes from Canada.

dont doxx me

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

CyberPingu posted:

You don't have to be from merseyside to be a scouser but he is a scouser

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Flayer posted:

Or a philosopher

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

sebzilla posted:

Or a philosopher

Funnily enough, I just finished refereeing a philosophy of sport paper on whether Wimbledon FC is idential to MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon (or neither)...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rid posted:

Funnily enough, I just finished refereeing a philosophy of sport paper on whether Wimbledon FC is idential to MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon (or neither)...

The club of Theseus...

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Gigi Galli posted:

The club of Theseus...

Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted: