Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Me and my friend Mark are going to stop watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cody is like Triple H if he had good matches, connected with fans, and put people over, which means he's absolutely nothing like Triple H.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Every graduate of the Nightmare Factory will be forced to get a neck tattoo and pose for a selfie with Cody

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
J Snowden is replying a lot at Alvarez. Alvarez isn't giving a gently caress lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benne posted:

Cody is like Triple H if he had good matches, connected with fans, and put people over, which means he's absolutely nothing like Triple H.

Also if his promos were half as long and half as frequent and often had the self awareness to put over the fact that he had screwed up and allowed the other guy to outsmart him and back him into a corner through his arrogance.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

how many HHH promos/segments during the aughts were half as great as the dippin dots brawl?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Benne posted:

Hey pal I’ll have you know HHH was the best wrestler in the world 20 years ago

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah HHH had a really really good year and then his body exploded and was never the same again. It's sad, really.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Hey pal I’ll have you know HHH was the best wrestler in the world 20 years ago

But Toshiaki Kawada was the best wrestler in the world 20 years ago :colbert:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Venomous posted:

I meant the fiscal year

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

oldpainless posted:

I meant the fiscal year

Oh, so Jun Akiyama then

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

coconono posted:

if you didn't think Hogan visiting the Dungeon of Doom was the coolest thing ever, I dunno. Overproduced drama has a home in wrestling.

Overproduced drama, sure, but Hogan visiting the Dungeon of Doom was more "overproduced farce."

Venomous posted:

:hmmyes:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A wrestler having good matches in All Japan or Pro Wrestling NOAH is par for the course.

HHH managing to have good matches in WWE is frankly incredible. Have you seen how bad this company is?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

MassRafTer posted:

A wrestler having good matches in All Japan or Pro Wrestling NOAH is par for the course.

HHH managing to have good matches in WWE is frankly incredible. Have you seen how bad this company is?

this makes Tajiri the best worker in the world for having great matches in 2000 ECW

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

hunnert car pileup posted:

this makes Tajiri the best worker in the world for having great matches in 2000 ECW

I'd actually be ok with that but I don't want to endorse that weird "grade WWE on a curve" thing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Tajiri is the best worker in the world because all wrestlers that use poison mist are tied for first

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Tajiri is the best worker in the world because all wrestlers that use poison mist are tied for first

This is why Will Ospreay forced himself on BUSHI and stole the mist.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

see the thing is HHH has done the pandering Cody "we're all fighting against the same machine" promos but those words coming out of HHH's mouth are all lies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

see the thing is HHH has done the pandering Cody "we're all fighting against the same machine" promos but those words coming out of HHH's mouth are all lies.

Do you think HHH realizes that they are the machine?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/AnthonySkatz/status/1237186765028540416

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
what

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

Do you think HHH realizes that they are the machine?

And he revels in it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I genuinely believe that HHH is the kind of narcissist who believes he made it on his own with no help from anyone, that he wrestles the best match on every card he's on, and that he's personally responsible for a bunch of talented wrestlers who have been great elsewhere being good in NXT. I have no real evidence of that, its just what I believe.

So yeah, I think he thinks he means it when he says he's fighting the machine. I also think he revels in being the machine. Because that's the beauty of narcissism. You can be both and it doesn't have to make sense because its just about how cool you are.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

woke up in the middle of the night to heap praise tajiri who might seriously have been the best in the world during death throws ECW. might have had a longer peak if the coward WWF had let him whip chairs into the crowd

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I didn't like when jim ross would say Tie Jeery or raw kishi. i don't care about rikishi though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I genuinely believe that HHH is the kind of narcissist who believes he made it on his own with no help from anyone, that he wrestles the best match on every card he's on, and that he's personally responsible for a bunch of talented wrestlers who have been great elsewhere being good in NXT. I have no real evidence of that, its just what I believe.

So yeah, I think he thinks he means it when he says he's fighting the machine. I also think he revels in being the machine. Because that's the beauty of narcissism. You can be both and it doesn't have to make sense because its just about how cool you are.

HHH has basically said you can't make new stars by sacrificing current stars so he definitely thinks he was self made.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

HHH has basically said you can't make new stars by sacrificing current stars so he definitely thinks he was self made.

Man owes Mick Foley a Christmas basket every fuckin' year FO FO FO FO life

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Meanwhile The Rock and Chris Jericho spent their entire careers putting over new stars to their own sacrifice.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lid posted:

Meanwhile The Rock and Chris Jericho spent their entire careers putting over new stars to their own sacrifice.

And on more than one occasion, they did so only to have HHH come in behind them and squash the poo poo out of that same guy!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HHH just never seemed to understand that you don't have to bury people to get over. Guys like Jericho, Foley, and the Rock get that if the other guy looks good you look good whether you're winning or losing. Guys like HHH and Hogan don't. They thing overness is a finite resource and if you let the other guy have some it will come from you.

Its why I always thought it was funny that HHH created that narrative that he patterned his career off of Flair. Because one of Flair's favorite things to do was that face down comedy flop and I swear that man went to the top rope 1000 times and never once hit a move off the top.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ric Flair made an entire career out of getting his rear end beat for 59 minutes and crawling out of town as champ on a technicality

HHH has not

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If there's one thing I'll give him credit for HHH is amazing at selling himself, in and out of the ring, even when its bullshit. Its why I can't get over how people really see him as the NXT savior and daddy since to me it seems like such an obvious narrative he's been pushing for years.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The vibe I get from HHH is the same as the dude who's the cool youth pastor that no one really likes because he's knocked up several young women and paid for their abortions and the head pastor is all like he apologized and we're christains so we forgive him and everyone kinda grumblingly agrees(except for the folks that go to other churches and live far less terrible lives not being around that person).

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The thing that HHH and WWE in general either don't get or seem to have forgotten is that heat is not a zero sum game. It can be generated rather than taken from somewhere else.

Take Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara, for example. A year ago nobody had any idea who they were. Both of them have now had matches with bigger names, but it's not the matches with bigger names that has got them over, it's being given the space to be great. Their match at Revolution got a huge reaction not because of their associations with Jericho, Moxley, and Cody, but because of the crowd reacting to who they are, and AEW nurturing this reaction.

Ironically, WWE currently has a number of people who could easily generate their own heat like this. They'd just need to be booked and promoted appropriately.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

every time this gets brought up millions of mick foley’s nerve endings suddenly cry out in terror

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lamuella posted:

The thing that HHH and WWE in general either don't get or seem to have forgotten is that heat is not a zero sum game. It can be generated rather than taken from somewhere else.

Take Darby Allin and Sammy Guevara, for example. A year ago nobody had any idea who they were. Both of them have now had matches with bigger names, but it's not the matches with bigger names that has got them over, it's being given the space to be great. Their match at Revolution got a huge reaction not because of their associations with Jericho, Moxley, and Cody, but because of the crowd reacting to who they are, and AEW nurturing this reaction.

Ironically, WWE currently has a number of people who could easily generate their own heat like this. They'd just need to be booked and promoted appropriately.

WWE crowds only care about big names though, because they've been so trained that only the big names matter. This goes back all the way to the WCW days where guys getting tryout matches on shows would say WCW crowds would get really into the match if it was good but WWF crowds wouldn't care at all. It would take a hell of a long time (and patience no-one in WWE has) to change that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neodoomium posted:

Ric Flair made an entire career out of getting his rear end beat for 59 minutes and crawling out of town as champ on a technicality

HHH has not

Ric Flair's drawing power was definitely hurt when Dusty started booking him that way. It wasn't always the case.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
AEW has been good at managing losses- it never feels like the loser is being dumped down the card. WWE just can’t get past that, though that may be because there is no longer any good faith that anyone will be booked well.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

jesus WEP posted:

every time this gets brought up millions of mick foley’s nerve endings suddenly cry out in terror

wasn't there a thing about Vince thinking nobody in Madison Square Garden would know who the hell Cactus Jack was

HHH probably thinks his reaction got Cactus over. I know Mick gives him way too much credit on his role in their feuds but I wonder how much of that is being the nicest guy in the world and how much of that is being convinced of a narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Without Mick Foley willing to die for Triple H, and JR selling the feud Triple H would have been nobody.