Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Kaminari is doing the left hand rule. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleming%27s_left-hand_rule_for_motors

Jirou x Kaminari has been hinted at for a while. Look at how lovingly she looks at him in the cat drawing Horikoshi tweeted!

Edit: oof, not a good snipe. I mean that he’s not doing the MLA sign in the panel everybody quotes, he’s referencing electricity

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I wonder if it's a coincidence that this is the same role he played in the final Nine fight, in Heroes Rising

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Eej posted:

Imagine thinking you'd want to marry into Capital

It’s called seizing the means of production.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Another chapter of Team-up is translated and Deku is interning under Mirko!

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Wow, an unprecedented case of Deku actually using his gas mask! I never even knew thats what it was! Amazing!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Acting as a vital asset in the sting against the organization of which I am a part to own the heroes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The anime at least mentioned that Shigaraki got the summer camp's location from All For One, which is why I think there's probably more to the traitor subplot than something as simple as "one of the students/teachers is secretly a villain". It also makes me think that Shigaraki probably doesn't know how AfO got that info either.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

At this point any of 1-A being the traitor would be heavy rain nonsense, so best to pull the bandaid off now.

It's Hagakure and, when revealed, there will be a compilation of manga panels pointing to all of the patches of empty space at each LoV meeting that were totally her the whole time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Can we talk about how awesome looking that wizard guy is and I need to know more about him asap.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Miruko approves of Lord Explosion Murder's attitude towards villains :getin: Is Team-Up regular release so I can check it out on schedule?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Miruko approves of Lord Explosion Murder's attitude towards villains :getin: Is Team-Up regular release so I can check it out on schedule?

Once every two months, but it doesn't seem to get translated often. The most recent issue was all about Melissa Shield from the first movie having a contest with Hatsume to see who could make the better support items, with poor Deku being used as the guinea pig

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Mraagvpeine posted:

Another chapter of Team-up is translated and Deku is interning under Mirko!

Mirko no

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mirko YES

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GuyUpNorth posted:

Miruko approves of Lord Explosion Murder's attitude towards villains :getin:

Miruko is literally the only person in MHA that has said "Bakugo, you seem like a cool and well-adjusted dude.", and I love it.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
Bout to see Heroes Rising, managed to avoid most of the spoilers so far. Hoping its as good as I've heard.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
For an anime movie? Good. For a movie? Not.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Flesnolk posted:

For an anime movie? Good. For a movie? Not.

Oh my standards for an anime movie going experience are definitely way lower than a normal one. At least I wasnt squeezed in between 2 guys that never heard of showering this time, unlike with Two Heroes.

Chimera deserved more screen time imo, and while the doctor said 9 could steal 8 quirks and use 9, I think I only counted 5. Also lol at the kids just totally murdering all the villains except Mummy. Deku and Bakugo really pushing that Goku/Vegeta dynamic hard this time around.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I am 90% positive they're going to end up with Stephanie Young for Mirko's English voice.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

I am 90% positive they're going to end up with Stephanie Young for Mirko's English voice.

I forget, Mirko hasn’t shown up in the anime yet has she (I can remember if she appeared early on or not)?

Also in regards to the movie, did they ever explain how OfA suddenly went back to Deku at the end? I understand the real reason of course but I can’t remember if they bothered to make an in-canon explanation

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Larryb posted:

I forget, Mirko hasn’t shown up in the anime yet has she (I can remember if she appeared early on or not)?

Also in regards to the movie, did they ever explain how OfA suddenly went back to Deku at the end? I understand the real reason of course but I can’t remember if they bothered to make an in-canon explanation

They both fell unconscious before the power could fully transfer.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Larryb posted:

She has shown up, but only as an unvoiced still picture in the end credits.

We see her playing volleyball in her high school days.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

She has shown up, but only as an unvoiced still picture in the end credits.

We see her playing volleyball in her high school days.

When was Mirko’s first real appearance in the manga again?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Larryb posted:

Bakugo went over and gave Deku a big wet smooch before crawling away and passing out and I will not hear any alternative version of events thank you

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Larryb posted:

When was Mirko’s first real appearance in the manga again?

The hero top ten immediately following the Gentle arc.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

Bakugo went over and gave Deku a big wet smooch before crawling away and passing out and I will not hear any alternative version of events thank you

I find it much easier to believe Bakugo hocked a loogie into one of Deku's many, many open wounds.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's going to turn out that one of Deku's new quirks will be the ability to temporarily share his power with another person. Now we can get 18 more movies that end with him sharing One For All with one of his classmates.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

It's going to turn out that one of Deku's new quirks will be the ability to temporarily share his power with another person. Now we can get 18 more movies that end with him sharing One For All with one of his classmatesBakugo.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Rhonne posted:

It's going to turn out that one of Deku's new quirks will be the ability to temporarily share his power with another person. Now we can get 18 more movies that end with him sharing One For All with one of his classmates.

Hopefully not Iida. Pretty sure if his powers were boosted, he'd lose his legs. Like, they'd rocket off his body.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I liked the movie well enough. It was certainly better than the first movie for giving the rest of the class time to shine and the action not involving the big bad was good.

On the other hand, I did not like the big bad or the final fight. Nine being yet another dude tied to All For One is lame, we already did that last movie and making him all but All For One (Again) and expecting us to believe children could take him down was really stretching my suspension of disbelief. I'm sure Deku and Bakugou Both Using OFA At 100% sounded cool on paper but it was utterly incomprehensible to watch and falls apart with even the slightest scrutiny.

Like I was ready to deal with if the kid used his powers to power them both up beforehand and let them survive it because they end it in an instant but nope they just are able to sustain that kind of power because reasons. Also, Bakugou's power uses his sweat. How the gently caress did he manage to produce explosions strong enough to melt huge landmasses and not end up a dried out husk? They even purposefully broke both of his sweat tanks so there's no "he burned everything he had saved to do it" excuse.

Again it's fine as a shonen movie and most kids won't be bothered by that but it was impossible for me to just turn my brain off when the manga does its best to be much more grounded. At least the first movie had the sense to have its wild-rear end finale involve THE All Might and gave Deku a plot device to allow him to believably use 100% a limited number of times.

Chimera, Slice, and Mummy were all OP too but at least they bothered to write out understandable ways for the kids to get the upper hand on them. Nine was just bonkers. It was overall a real good movie up until that final fight.

That's enough words complaining about a kid's movie. I give it an Overhaul/10- looked cool at the time but I don't want to see or think about it anymore.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Also, Bakugou's power uses his sweat. How the gently caress did he manage to produce explosions strong enough to melt huge landmasses and not end up a dried out husk?

Because that's not how his quirk works. Because One For All is an enhancement quirk alongside all its other benefits

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Kaminari had his big Jirou revelation so that it'll be that much more tragic when he dies in 3 chapters.

Oh come on, Horikoshi wouldn't do that.

We'll cut to everyone at her funeral when she dies off screen.

Man, remember when this manga was green Naruto with superheroes? :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's a shoe ready to drop but who knows if we get it soon or if they're gonna let some fights play out.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well we don't know where Gigantomachia is right now and I don't think we've seen Re-Destro or Trumpet yet either. Toga and Skeptic's advisers are also unaccounted for(except Slidin Go, who was nabbed in the city, so the other's might be there as well).

I'm placing my bets on Gigantomachia attacking from the rear so he can run into Kirishima and Ashido and get a callback to Kirishima's flashback from the Overhaul arc.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh come on, Horikoshi wouldn't do that.

We'll cut to everyone at her funeral when she dies off screen.

Man, remember when this manga was green Naruto with superheroes? :v:

No, I don't.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

Well we don't know where Gigantomachia is right now and I don't think we've seen Re-Destro or Trumpet yet either. Toga and Skeptic's advisers are also unaccounted for(except Slidin Go, who was nabbed in the city, so the other's might be there as well).

I'm placing my bets on Gigantomachia attacking from the rear so he can run into Kirishima and Ashido and get a callback to Kirishima's flashback from the Overhaul arc.
I figured the story would follow the usual flow for this sort of thing.

1. The good guys start winning, maybe with a bit of difficulty but not much
2. B-plot plays out, bit players get to look cool
3. When it really looks like the good guys are gonna win some massive shoe drops and the fight gets flipped on its head.

I'm assuming Gigantomachia is at the mansion. The people hitting the hospital are a murderer's row of the top heroes vs high ends, so I imagine more heroes than Miruko will get roughed up but they'll clean up the high-ends just in time for Shigaraki to wake up and do... something? There's too many people there with name tags I think for him to just kill everyone.

Gigantomachia already has shown he can handle a city full of people with good quirks they know how to use...WHILE tired. So if he wakes up and is at the mansion it'll be interesting if anyone can even stop him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm a bit surprised the villains are legitimately off-guard and have no keikaku they're about to enact.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm a bit surprised the villains are legitimately off-guard and have no keikaku they're about to enact.
People keep expecting the heroes to be incompetent for some reason. As the original rescue of Bakugo showed, they're not the ones that are going to get caught flat-footed. Only unknown factors are going to throw them off.

This is why I don't think Machia is going to do as much damage as folks think. He's a known factor, not just from Hawks, but Tsukauchi and Gran Torino both already knew he qas with the league.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if Gigantomachia is off sleeping in the forest around the mansion right now(he's lives in a mountain for years, he's probably used to it) and that's why I think he'll end up attacking the heroes from the back or side instead of charging their front line.

There's also the third location where Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki, and the rest at evacuating the city, someone has to attack there too to give them some fights.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, now I wonder how big is the chance of All for One just casually strolling into the fray accompanied with the entire freed population of the high-security prison he was supposed to be contained in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Adder Moray posted:

People keep expecting the heroes to be incompetent for some reason. As the original rescue of Bakugo showed, they're not the ones that are going to get caught flat-footed. Only unknown factors are going to throw them off.

This is why I don't think Machia is going to do as much damage as folks think. He's a known factor, not just from Hawks, but Tsukauchi and Gran Torino both already knew he qas with the league.

gigantomachia charges at the heroes and gets stuck in one of mineta's sticky traps