Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

cyka blyat posted:

Indian food components keep well and will give you a bright and delicious flavor as you are stuck at home. Just stock up on the spices, grab some cream or coconut, and protein of choice, and youre set. Ride that sickness out yall.

poo poo, I keep forgetting to buy coconut cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
cumin is real good

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i would suggest turmeric as well

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
just stocked up on harissa gonna tagine all up in this bitch

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
DO NOT SHARE

Goons, we're making a run on dry beans and "salt free seasoning" tomorrow.

Dry beans are shelf stable forever and most people don't understand basic biochem and don't realize living on packaged food will annihilate your electrolyte balance so you want to stockpile sodium alternatives like potassium chloride and foods rich in calcium and magnesium.

After 6 months of salty dry goods most humans will be too weak and ill to fight. We will season their veal-like marbled flesh with Tony Chacere's Cajun Salt Free Seasoning.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

look at this disgusting meat eater

meat is counter-revolutionary

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mayor Dave posted:

:hai:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

yeah on my lazy susan

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
you probably shouldnt be stuffing your face with processed meat and sodium as a general rule but wha tthe gently caress do i know

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Is it bad that I'm mainly worried about how the economy's melting down over this? I'm in tourism so I know lay-offs are just around the corner over this and I'm going to be the first in line. I'm young, healthy and a non-smoker so the virus won't mess me up at all but trying to find a job in the middle of a recession's stressing me out bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

please stop smoking everyone

if you're in your thirties and don't already have smoker's cough it won't drastically increase your chances of contracting boomerflu but just stop smoking anyway

also vaping. when the literature is written we're going to see a huge uptick in pneumothorax attributed to vaping

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

snoo posted:

I saw frozen diced green pepper the other day and thought that would be nice in a pinch for beans/chili-like substances (do not @ me)

it is an interesting addition to be sure

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

cargo cult posted:

you probably shouldnt be stuffing your face with processed meat and sodium as a general rule but wha tthe gently caress do i know

so my 30 pound stockpile of pepperoni sticks and salami was perhaps an ill-considered move?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

https://www.anasazibeans.com/

best pintos and anasazis in the country (fight me)
go with the bacon flavored bean spice (vegan)

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

OK, well I have black pepper.

oh no, please get more spices, regardless of corona! You should always have some garlic and the other things mentioned, you're depriving yourself! It's worth it, I promise. If you have any mexican markets nearby they often have them far better and cheaper than the grocery store.

uber_stoat posted:

so my 30 pound stockpile of pepperoni sticks and salami was perhaps an ill-considered move?

escaping corona to get the gout

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

please stop smoking everyone

if you're in your thirties and don't already have smoker's cough it won't drastically increase your chances of contracting boomerflu but just stop smoking anyway

also vaping. when the literature is written we're going to see a huge uptick in pneumothorax attributed to vaping

what about smokin weed from a bong how bad is that poo poo for you

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The best bean spices are epazote and summer savory because they neutralize flatulence, thus serving a practical function

The rest are all fine too, you can throw pretty much any herb or spice you like into beans and it will taste nice

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

The Saucer Hovers posted:

https://www.anasazibeans.com/

best pintos and anasazis in the country (fight me)
go with the bacon flavored bean spice (vegan)

oh gently caress yeah that sounds good

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
for your consideration, the humble dried chili pepper. perfect for your shelf stable stockpile.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

uber_stoat posted:

Nah. You should eat it all really fast so your liver is optimally spreadable.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sharkie posted:

oh no, please get more spices, regardless of corona! You should always have some garlic and the other things mentioned, you're depriving yourself! It's worth it, I promise. If you have any mexican markets nearby they often have them far better and cheaper than the grocery store.

Yes, this is a big deficiency in my kitchen and I should have some around for when I don't want to go out into the infected zone to buy frozen tv dinners

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Tony C's creole seasoning is so loving good I could hide from Wuhan for a year if I had enough of it.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SchrodingersCat posted:

It just seems very striking to me that, after 100k infections and over 3k fatalities, I cannot find a single recorded instance of a child under 9 dying from the virus. That is the opposite of what is seen in almost all widespread infectious disease. The massive jump in lethality above age 50 is also really weird, and seems to indicate something beyond just "body fall apart" and I wonder if part of that difference is that people above 50 are much less likely to be around young children on a daily basis.

It would be really interesting to see a well done population study after everything is said and done.

My knowledge is naive since this is nowhere near my domain of expertise but recent preprints seem to indicate that children are being infected they just remain mostly asymptomatic

https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1236373367097380866

twoday
May 4, 2005

Sharkie posted:

oh no, please get more spices, regardless of corona! You should always have some garlic and the other things mentioned, you're depriving yourself! It's worth it, I promise. If you have any mexican markets nearby they often have them far better and cheaper than the grocery

it’s true

it’s all true

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

thyme, garlic powder, oregano, bay leaves, white/black pepper, cayenne.

of course. thats what I've been missing this whole time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Salt Fish posted:

Tony C's creole seasoning is so loving good I could hide from Wuhan for a year if I had enough of it.

:hfive:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
yeah, stop by your local Indian grocery for all the best prepping foods

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

for your consideration, the humble dried chili pepper. perfect for your shelf stable stockpile.

Beautiful

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have several pounds of msg I don't need any other spices

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
just be sure to buy small spice quantities if possible unless you know for sure you'll be using them relatively quickly, nothing's worse than a 5 year old jar of cinnamon

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

what about smokin weed from a bong how bad is that poo poo for you

thats probably fine

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So is this just gonna kill 15% of the olds twice a year till the end of time?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

So is this just gonna kill 15% of the olds twice a year till the end of time?

inshallah

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

thats probably fine

thats good cause my wife smokes a lot of weed to deal with chronic pain so im glad it wont end up having her die from coronavirus

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

just be sure to buy small spice quantities if possible unless you know for sure you'll be using them relatively quickly, nothing's worse than a 5 year old jar of cinnamon

what about a 6 year old jar of cinnamon

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My knowledge is naive since this is nowhere near my domain of expertise but recent preprints seem to indicate that children are being infected they just remain mostly asymptomatic

https://twitter.com/mugecevik/status/1236373367097380866

Whats a household attack rate?

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

twoday
May 4, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

5 year old jar of Cassia

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Bip Roberts posted:

yeah, stop by your local Indian grocery for all the best prepping foods

If you have a southeast Asian or Indian or Mexican grocery store you basically have access to honkey prepper paradise.

Everything is so cheap and delicious.

You can get 50 pounds of red chori beans at an Indian grocer for like $9. It's loving nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

snoo posted:

what about a 6 year old jar of cinnamon

i have a jar of dill that i remember from childhood. i took it when i left home for the first time and it's followed me around ever since