Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger
I want to be a raccoon goon please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh man, it really is true that Five Below has Animal Crossing Amiibo for $5 in stock. I went in mine to check it out and came home with my boy Rover.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's the whole reason behind starting a new town in NL this past week (note to self, remember not to open both games concurrently :sweatdrop:)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

frogge posted:

Can't wait. Making daily notifications that countdown until this comes out sure ain't helping either.

Why would you do that to yourself?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Do we know the Nook store hours for this game?
In New Leaf I moved the clock back like 8 hours because I play almost exclusively late at night. The after hours box sounds like a step back from that.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Idia posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1237113428059099136?s=19
I don't think NYC Nintendo store is having a midnight release event party. I'm assuming you have to come early and line up a few hours before doors open up on the 20th at 11am.
A better idea than just packing nerds into a pen and into a crowded store during a corona outbreak?

Nerds line up outside out for even the most mundane releases. No pens, just unwashed nerds camping overnight on the sidewalk circling the block.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

In New Leaf I moved the clock back like 8 hours because I play almost exclusively late at night. The after hours box sounds like a step back from that.

my plan is to add goons from this thread who live on the other side of the world and just go to their towns since i work overnight shifts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I swear Isabelle I was gonna check in on the town before my island vacation!

Also hey I just noticed I got a code email from Nintendo after preordering from the eshop, but the code can't be entered because the game isn't out yet, and either I'm dumb or it doesn't say what it's for...so what is this code?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Also hey I just noticed I got a code email from Nintendo after preordering from the eshop, but the code can't be entered because the game isn't out yet, and either I'm dumb or it doesn't say what it's for...so what is this code?

I got all excited when I saw this, but it looks from the wording like it's just a free trial of online service. Which is great...if you haven't been subscribing already since day one :sigh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Hygiene posted:

I got all excited when I saw this, but it looks from the wording like it's just a free trial of online service. Which is great...if you haven't been subscribing already since day one :sigh:

ah yea that'd make sense with the wording being all about 'hey online stuff is nice, bet you'd like online for this game'. I too have had it since day one and Amazon Prime got me enough to last through April so I hope that at least would add a bit of time to what I've got maybe?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

ah yea that'd make sense with the wording being all about 'hey online stuff is nice, bet you'd like online for this game'. I too have had it since day one and Amazon Prime got me enough to last through April so I hope that at least would add a bit of time to what I've got maybe?

The fine print on mine said it can't be redeemed for current subscribers, but maybe you can time it right to redeem it if the subscription is up that soon.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
This is actually one of the few games I want to insist upon getting digitally. I love hard copies of games, but I'll have to be changing out carts all the time if I wanna play Animal Crossing and something else-- and AC is gonna be something I'll be checking in on every day. It just makes more sense.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Why would you do that to yourself?

Gotta get hyped!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

So a few weeks ago I placed an order for a Julian amiibo keychain from Etsy user Altia Studio and it just came in! It looks so good! (the business card note is a nice touch).

Now not only can I invite him to my town after getting a campsite, but my work book bag is sporting my favorite space unicorn. Sparkle.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Framboise posted:

This is actually one of the few games I want to insist upon getting digitally. I love hard copies of games, but I'll have to be changing out carts all the time if I wanna play Animal Crossing and something else-- and AC is gonna be something I'll be checking in on every day. It just makes more sense.

Big same. That's how I did it with New Leaf and it worked perfectly. Plus I have a 6 year old and I'm surprised we haven't lost a cartridge yet so the less we can swap carts the better.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Could have sworn I saw something saying that Nook's Customer service will be open 24/7 or that you'll at least be able to sell stuff after hours. But if other stores have normal hours, you may just have to leave the time adjusted unless they have a early/late time shift like in NL

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

jackhunter64 posted:

Current list of RACCOON GOONS, if I've missed anyone then emptyquote the entire thing in anger

Is...is it too late to get on the RACCOON GOONS list?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Framboise posted:

same, AC is such a perfect 'I'm bored and wanna gently caress around' game it'd be dumb for me to get it solid, I'd have to swap constantly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PancakeTransmission posted:

Could have sworn I saw something saying that Nook's Customer service will be open 24/7 or that you'll at least be able to sell stuff after hours. But if other stores have normal hours, you may just have to leave the time adjusted unless they have a early/late time shift like in NL

That's for resident service, once the twins move into Nook's Cranny they have their own hours.

But two things, Nook's Cranny has a little box next to it now, where you can dump off stuff to be sold although you won't get the money until later.

And the ATM in resident service doubles as a shopping terminal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It does look like they're having things change noticeably as you expand the island campground into a proper town. Should be an interesting process. Going from a one-stop shop of a tiny town to having proper dedicated shops and services. Wonder if prices are going to change between stores.

Tipster
Mar 7, 2013

jackhunter64 posted:

I would like to be a raccoon goon please

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I didn't see my name on the list, so I'm hoping it's still possible to become a Raccoon Goon.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237217358923673600

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m a sucker for in game photo modes. I spent so long using the one in Super Mario Odyssey

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

jackhunter64 posted:

I want to be a raccoon goon as well if it's alright with everyone.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

That is Ed. My favorite horse.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1237236653812523009

Bridges for days

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

Those are nice looking bridges and stairs, I love them so much.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

If you're looking to order amiibo cards DSKoopa is live on Twitch right now selling packs of series 2, 3 and 4 from his store in Seattle. $6 ea per pack, 6 cards in a pack.

https://twitter.com/DSKoopa/status/1237157156345901057?s=19

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That white ramp and brick bridge...
I have joined the digital download cru. And have the game taunting me on my Switch.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Am I remembering wrong or do you get some sort of bonus for having pocket camp linked with your Nintendo account ?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

fit em all up in there posted:

Am I remembering wrong or do you get some sort of bonus for having pocket camp linked with your Nintendo account ?

There's supposed to be some kind of cross-promotion, but we don't know what it is yet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hey all,

I uploaded the gangtag Infinitum asked for but unfortunately I just don't have the time to edit the titles of the 161 people that have asked for it. I gave Infinitum IK powers here in Games just for a day so that he can hand it out. :)

If anybody was overlooked after the day is up, it's also possible to obtain a gangtag yourself by buying a new avatar and adding
code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/racgoons.png[/img]
in the title text box.

Enjoy the Animal Crossing :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guess which idiot just got made King?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

Get back to work!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I will leave some crackers out for this bird. Thank you

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Infinitum posted:

The King of Dragon Pass Gang Tags.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

My NFC stickers just came in. I don't know if I really want to force any animals to be my neighbor (maybe Bob) but at least the option will be there if there are any I end up with that just don't jell with me. Plus there's gotta be something else I can do with these.

Infinitum posted:

gently caress yeah!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I wonder if there will be restrictions on how many bridges and ramps you can have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Potsticker posted:

My NFC stickers just came in. I don't know if I really want to force any animals to be my neighbor (maybe Bob) but at least the option will be there if there are any I end up with that just don't jell with me. Plus there's gotta be something else I can do with these.

I guess you could make some stickers for the special animals so you can use them in the photo room?