Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
I wish i drove an E36 M3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/SweeneyABC/status/1237018677360410624?s=20

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Undoubtedly the stock market will rally yugely today because President Piss said coronavirus is "no big deal", right?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bulgakov posted:

ive had this large 8 legged lady running all over my kitchen for days now. its fun to see a bug eating buddy on the reg

got home yesterday to a new friend on the kitchen wall

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i have a secret

im jared kushner and i feel the need to leak secrets from the upper most levels of american government

hoop? it rhymes from poop

i hear the choppers and need to go on the lam now brb

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

NoneMoreNegative posted:

got home yesterday to a new friend on the kitchen wall

heel yeah!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

D1E posted:

Undoubtedly the stock market will rally yugely today because President Piss said coronavirus is "no big deal", right?

Saudis boosted oil production by a fuckload overnight so maybe number will go back down it's hole

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

D1E posted:

president makes such things possible for us all

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FAUXTON posted:

Saudis boosted oil production by a fuckload overnight so maybe number will go back down it's hole

seems bad that we can save the economy by accelerating global warming.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Crusader posted:

president makes such things possible for us all

it is by his hand we are redeemed

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

once upon a time when i was managing some greenhouses there were always a buncha these ladies around that i sometimes relocated when rearranging things that they entangled their webs with (not my pic but u can get the idea. they're super nice and didnt bite)

and their classic zigzag webs

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I saw an orb weaver eat a loving dragonfly once.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gripweed posted:

speedrunning highlander 2

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

keep ur lady wasps happy so that they tear down the tomato loving hornworm patriarchy :peanut:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i dunno if the hornworms were actually all patriarchy but they destroy tomato plants when they themselves could feed a family (of wasps) soooooooo i think thats basically it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gripweed posted:

part of yesterday's crash was because they raised production to basically gently caress Russia over for not agreeing with them on cutting production, this is a second big increase

yes if that sounds like a dumb as hell thing for saudi arabia to do, that's because it is a dumb as hell thing to do but they want to gently caress russia/rosneft/gazprom over and are willing to slit their own wrists to do it hoping russia bleeds dry first I guess

oh I should mention for you that increases in production lower the price per barrel of oil, that's the effect the saudis were getting at by boosting production, that might help it make sense

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
jennifer connelly like 40 years old in blood diamond. just something to think about.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FAUXTON posted:

part of yesterday's crash was because they raised production to basically gently caress Russia over for not agreeing with them on cutting production, this is a second big increase

yes if that sounds like a dumb as hell thing for saudi arabia to do, that's because it is a dumb as hell thing to do but they want to gently caress russia/rosneft/gazprom over and are willing to slit their own wrists to do it hoping russia bleeds dry first I guess

don't forget destroying all the cheap money loans tiny margin oil outfitters in america!!!

again...

that mess has been through dumb poo poo boom bust boom bust cycles a few times now but this is a doozie

:yum:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Bulgakov posted:

keep ur lady wasps happy so that they tear down the tomato loving hornworm patriarchy :peanut:

the wasp lays eggs in the hornworm so the wasp larvae eat the hornworm from within as they hatch

sounds like the wasp is a capitalist, OP. sounds like the enemy

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cargo cult posted:

jennifer connelly like 40 years old in blood diamond. just something to think about.

i must trust u on that, cargo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bulgakov posted:

don't forget destroying all the free money tiny margin oil outfitters in america!!!

again...

that mess has been through dumb poo poo boom bust boom bust cycles a few times now but this is a doozie

:yum:

yeah a bunch of chudfuckers in like texas and dakota are gonna get laid the gently caress off, idk what the albertah equivalent is, "chodefockers" maybe, wildfire bait maybe i really don't know

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FAUXTON posted:

yeah a bunch of chudfuckers in like texas and dakota are gonna get laid the gently caress off, idk what the albertah equivalent is, "chodefockers" maybe, wildfire bait maybe i really don't know

as smoka has said many times before....rig pigs!

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

FAUXTON posted:

oh I should mention for you that increases in production lower the price per barrel of oil, that's the effect the saudis were getting at by boosting production, that might help it make sense

efb. this also has devastating effects for the booming US shale industry, so not just exclusively gently caress you russia

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Bulgakov posted:

i must trust u on that, cargo
you dont have to trust me just go watch the movie. and tell me she isnt the baddest b in all of human history.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

basically various sources of oil have varying "break even" points for production - if it sells for less per barrel than it costs to suck out of the ground then texaco and conoco phillips and all are losing money on each one and will shut off their pumps, and if they have idled workers getting paid they'll eventually lay them off too because toothless pad monkeys are a dime a dozen if you don't mind them either hallucinating vampire meth bats attacking or taking a couple extra pills and nodding off every once in a while, so they can just hire them back when they can turn the pumps back on

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cargo cult posted:

you dont have to trust me just go watch the movie. and tell me she isnt the baddest b in all of human history.

ill keep that in mind

that movie simply seems so forgotten to history f or reasons :negative:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
Make the tweet you immunocompromised clod

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
TRUMP

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FAUXTON posted:

basically various sources of oil have varying "break even" points for production - if it sells for less per barrel than it costs to suck out of the ground then texaco and conoco phillips and all are losing money on each one and will shut off their pumps, and if they have idled workers getting paid they'll eventually lay them off too because toothless pad monkeys are a dime a dozen if you don't mind them either hallucinating vampire meth bats attacking or taking a couple extra pills and nodding off every once in a while, so they can just hire them back when they can turn the pumps back on

cross posting posts from me and also ox who might be a crank but i dunno at least seems smarter about finance world salad of which I know none but added the reply for context

Bulgakov posted:

this is a link to an archived version of a bloomberg article that included this pic which im assuming is close enough

https://archive.fo/up9c0

oxsnard posted:

Those us numbers are wrong btw. That breakeven price is on the project level and doesn't account for corporate overhead as well as a bunch of other stuff. Actual breakeven is at least $10 more

even if numbers not 100% right its interesting imo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

what the gently caress

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

tenderjerk posted:

donny is sleeping in late after a day of travel. i assume at private dinner they shoveled a handful of pills in on the way there and thats also why there was the semi sudden change of schedule where pence needed to step aside because trump needed to be the main podium man

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

Oh no the North Dakota meth trade oh noooo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mustached Demon posted:

Oh no the North Dakota meth trade oh noooo

They're gonna be extra rowdy

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

tenderjerk posted:

dont say stuff like that

dont call trump a fat r............................ person

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

may they all suffer from the worst case of heartburn ever and there are no Tums or Rolaids to be had

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hear number futures are.....up!!!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

a.lo posted:

i hear number futures are.....up!!!

The number is always up unless it's down in which case it's actually up.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
The stock market number go down because all the guys on the trading floor doing job cosplay didnt yell loud enough or throw up numbers using their fingers enough

Shape up fellas!

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
lmao i sent the Ok boomer video to my ex and they took it very poorly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
so is it confirmed that trump has Boomer Disease (TM)? should we pray and send praises to Matt Gaetz for taking one for the team and disease-ing him?

cargo cult posted:

lmao i sent the Ok boomer video to my ex and they took it very poorly

sorry your ex doesn’t like irony level 500 maybe they should try irony level 20 first and also why are you talking to your ex???