Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

I can absolutely guarantee that if Asuka made the same tweet you’d be yass kweening all over it dude

Not really no. Probably because she doesn't tell fans to gently caress off like that. She will just block people who get under her skin. It helps that like 95% of Asuka's tweets are shitposts anyways. Where Rhea comes across as someone trying to be edgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Do you remember that day she got super mad about emulators?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

njsykora posted:

Do you remember that day she got super mad about emulators?

Of course. But part of that probably has to do with the average Japanese citizen's mindset that endorsing emulation means you endorse piracy.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 10, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Just wait until emulators are destroyed and then the average japanese citizen will probably respond to people about their pants

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Of course. But part of that probably has to do with the average Japanese citizen's mindset that endorsing emulation means you endorse piracy.

Explain Kairi Sane

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

making GBS threads on a female wrestler for the quality of her jeans is a dick move and lame, Rhea was right to tell that guy off

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhea Rippedjeans

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Top NXT Women's babyface Rhea Ripley, everyone.

https://twitter.com/RheaRipley_WWE/status/1237208658796335104?s=19

Getting real mad over a fairly harmless looking tweet. Guy is still a dick looking at his timeline but she gets worked up far too easily on social media.

Do you actually like wrestling or does it just exist in your life for you to get mad about?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DarkstarIV posted:

Getting real mad over a fairly harmless looking tweet. Guy is still a dick looking at his timeline but she gets worked up far too easily on social media.

creep

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

how would you know?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Who here among us wouldn't go to war to defend a super-comfy piece of clothing?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Your mom taught you to SAVE MONEY!? GRRAAAAGH, I thought you were a fACE!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What's wrong with the jeans? Does she have some skid marks? Because if you poo poo your pants its usually best to just toss em out and buy a new pair.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

This is a good tweet. Don't know what you're getting so worked up over.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Imagine looking at Rhea's entire gimmick and thinking "wow doesn't she know her pants are ripped??"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

Not really no? Rhea could have just ignored the tweet. And this isn't the first time she has gotten upset at tweets like this either when she can just block the person or ignore him entirely.

I know this is the Social Media thread but this is looking kind of ironic given what a big deal you're making out of an utterly unremarkable response to such a weak "insult" from a fan.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

I know this is the Social Media thread but this is looking kind of ironic given what a big deal you're making out of an utterly unremarkable response to such a weak "insult" from a fan.

I'm just pointing out that this isn't unusual for Rhea. She lashes out at criticism fairly regularly on social media, no matter how weak the insult or valid/invalid the criticism may be. That's not something a face should be doing, especially one who supposedly represents an entire division.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder how many wrestlers have pissed themselves from taking lariats too stiffly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm just pointing out that this isn't unusual for Rhea. She lashes out at criticism fairly regularly on social media, no matter how weak the insult or valid/invalid the criticism may be. That's not something a face should be doing, especially one who supposedly represents an entire division.

You have a weird definition of "lashing out" dude

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Any non-japanese woman only lashes out and melts down on twitter, you should all know this already

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only thing there that even comes close to looking like it might be even near the same zip code as "lashing out" or "worked up" is the single middle finger emoji at the end, and that's a stretch because it's an emoji and I wouldn't base a whole argument on what I thought the use of one meant in terms of what one feels

I would have thought more of her hating the guy if she'd corrected his misspelling of *you're

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

You have a weird definition of "lashing out" dude

Definitely a whole lot to unpack here this morning

content:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ortiz_Powerful/status/1237152317750861825

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Why did Rhea ruin that guy’s head canon that she wears stinky jeans.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I love my friend coco’s infallible ability to get the horny take on anything

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol drat i don't think darkstar was being a "Creep", pouring one out

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

DarkstarIV posted:

Getting real mad over a fairly harmless looking tweet.
:ironicat:

Hopkins FBI fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 10, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What's wrong with the jeans? Does she have some skid marks? Because if you poo poo your pants its usually best to just toss em out and buy a new pair.
Feels like Nick Gage has been wearing the same camo cargo shorts with a giant hole down the rear end for two years now and he doesn't seem to give a gently caress

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

ahahahahah

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

yea ok posted:

im a chud bernie bro .

Hell, same

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chris James 2 posted:

A few years ago Pollyanna accused British wrestler Scott Wainwright of rape. Will Ospreay sided with his friend Scott and basically called her a liar among other things. Pollyanna hasn't been booked anywhere since

EVE was one of the many companies that has enforced the blackballing because they, like the companies, like Ospreay. So EVE's vocal championing of "believe women", supporting victims, even having rape crisis charity drives at shows...pretty blatantly only extends to women/victims who aren't accusing people they're 1) directly friends with or 2) associated with people they're friends with

Tied into this, EVE was also sending their trainees to work shows with Wainwright as of last year and never responded to the accusations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I was extremely confused for a moment because I thought y’all were talking about Forums Poster Pollyanna

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The tweet that broke the camel's back.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/BraunStrowman/status/1237366272788254721?s=19

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

lol drat i don't think darkstar was being a "Creep", pouring one out

I don’t either, concern trolling maybe but creep no.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
making fun of darkstar is the main draw for this thread FREE DARKSTAR FOUR

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Top PSP mod Junpei Hyde, everyone.

Getting real mad over a fairly harmless looking post. Guy is still a big weirdo looking at his post history but they get worked up far too easily on SA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Darkstar is a good but rattled dude. Very enthusiastic about women's wrestling, but he's not vile, gross, or trolling which is much better than some of the other people who we see here all the time. Wasn't worth the sixer imo

e: I know posting about posting and questioning probes is tho I don't care to take a sixer sticking up for a non offensive post

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you mods

On-topic, lol:

https://twitter.com/FlyinBrianJr/status/1237381636662030336

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol this forum overreacts to 6ers to an extreme degree. Darkstar will live without being able to post for 6 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Asuka herself has promoted products that utilize emulation, such as the Mega Drive Mini and Capcom Home Arcade.