Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I mean, the approval for Sanders's platform is so high that if people gave it any weight he'd have already locked up the nomination, but things are trending the opposite way. He's doing great in certain demos, but not as a whole. Being right on policy isn't sufficient for Sanders to win. Hell, if Biden wins being right on policy is arguably not even relevant to the outcome.

This reminds me of the 2008 primary season where there were massive amount of online venom spewed arguing over very minor differences between Obama's health care plan and Clinton's health care plan. In the end, when Obama became president, he put forward essentially Clinton's plan and no one cared. Then, the Senate made a bunch of changes (thanks, Joe Lieberman) that further modified the bill so it didn't resemble either candidate's original plan.

I don't think voters are crazy for discounting policy differences between democratic candidates when, even under the most favor of circumstances, the senate's deciding vote will be Joe Manchin. It's rational for voters to not care very much about policies when they think its not very likely that any of them will pass, or even if they do pass, won't resemble whatever campaign white paper that the candidate posted in the primary season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Ague Proof posted:

Rosario Dawson, Cory Booker's girlfriend and committer of hate crimes, has endorsed Bernie. :wtc:

:ironicat:

Like half the supposed #LizToBernie staffers melting down, these are not endorsements they're just agents furthering the rude bro narrative because they never loving contribute and only ever want to talk about one thing. The endorsement is just a way to pre-empt and deflect all discussions about actually pertinent issues because "of course I agree with you, I endorsed him, but as a supporter this hostility is really troubling." It's exactly the same as the bad faith posts itt for the past year but on a public platform.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Bringing up Biden's health just invites conversation about Bernie's heart problems, which is actually diagnosed, and not internet people throwing out armchair diagnoses. Bernie is at a higher risk of dying from COVID-19 from his heart problems as well.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Raenir Salazar posted:

What you're suggesting could very well just end up with the future being a boot stomping on the face of humanity forever.

What part of “the Democratic Party is the most immediate barrier that has to be dealt with if there is to be any sort of leftward movement in this country” isn’t sinking in for you?

We can figure this out together if you point out what part you don’t understand.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

LinYutang posted:

Bringing up Biden's health just invites conversation about Bernie's heart problems, which is actually diagnosed, and not internet people throwing out armchair diagnoses. Bernie is at a higher risk of dying from COVID-19 from his heart problems as well.

This is baseless. You have zero evidence to support that Bernie is higher at risk due to his heart problems than say Biden is due to his documented strokes.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Phone posted:

What part of “the Democratic Party is the most immediate barrier that has to be dealt with if there is to be any sort of leftward movement in this country” isn’t sinking in for you?

We can figure this out together if you point out what part you don’t understand.

What if the problem is the voters and not the party?

I'm open to takes that in 2016 the party put its thumb heavily on the scale for Clinton but in 2020 Biden had no money, very few endorsements until Clyburn, and many other candidates in the moderate lane.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We’re a lost cause here in FL. Biden will win by 30+

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Could Bernie win by default if something happened to Biden?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

LinYutang posted:

Biden's rapidly declining ability to say words <> Bernie getting a stent that increased his level of energy substantially. Specifically one of these makes it impossible to win against Trump, while the other merely decreases it.

Furthermore I think you should look into Biden's health records, if you actually think Bernie is at a higher risk of dying of Covid-19 than him.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Kraftwerk posted:

Could Bernie win by default if something happened to Biden?

More likely the convention would pick someone else by reassigning his delegates however they want. Superdelegates have already been theory crafting alternatives I'm sure.

They show up to the convention, Vince McMahon's theme plays, and Hillary enters.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Pingui posted:

Furthermore I think you should look into Biden's health records, if you actually think Bernie is at a higher risk of dying of Covid-19 than him.

Bernie still hasn't released his medical records right? So hard to compare. It's loving stupid that the choice boils down to two men over 75 who both have health liabilities but here we are.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

mr whistler posted:

This reminds me of the 2008 primary season where there were massive amount of online venom spewed arguing over very minor differences between Obama's health care plan and Clinton's health care plan. In the end, when Obama became president, he put forward essentially Clinton's plan and no one cared. Then, the Senate made a bunch of changes (thanks, Joe Lieberman) that further modified the bill so it didn't resemble either candidate's original plan.

I don't think voters are crazy for discounting policy differences between democratic candidates when, even under the most favor of circumstances, the senate's deciding vote will be Joe Manchin. It's rational for voters to not care very much about policies when they think its not very likely that any of them will pass, or even if they do pass, won't resemble whatever campaign white paper that the candidate posted in the primary season.

Also on policy, the only difference people will even care about is how does it compare to Trump. If Trump would be rated 0/100 on an issue and Biden is 5/100 - that is all that matters to a lot of voters. They aren't sitting around making the calculus that it is better Biden lose and they deal with 4 more years of 0/100 and then hope someone better comes around in 2024. The establishment won against the progressives in 2016, seem to be winning even more in 2020 despite their guy having episodes of dementia at every public event and barely any campaign operation to speak of, and will probably win in 2024. If you think the entire establishment won't line up behind someone in 2024 against AOC/whoever Bernie hands the torch over to, you are sorely mistaken. If anything, 2020 probably emboldens the establishment as they can write off 2016's resistance to their candidate of choice as people's unique dislike of Hillary.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

mr whistler posted:

Bernie still hasn't released his medical records right? So hard to compare. It's loving stupid that the choice boils down to two men over 75 who both have health liabilities but here we are.

Just vote for trump. He is younger and in better health.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

We have two 80 year olds running - this is some gerontocracy level poo poo

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

V. Illych L. posted:

sanders is very old, this is probably his last rodeo

I don’t see why not to burn this shithouse down if he gets bumped out. Go low, gently caress poo poo up. They hosed around, now follow through and show them what happens.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

mr whistler posted:

Bernie has, yes. While Biden's release explicitly states that a cognitive test has not been performed, because campaigning is a test of cognition. Which I suppose is correct, only he is failing said test.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shere posted:

More likely the convention would pick someone else by reassigning his delegates however they want. Superdelegates have already been theory crafting alternatives I'm sure.

They show up to the convention, Vince McMahon's theme plays, and Hillary enters.

I’m pretty sure Hillary getting the nomination again would turn more Americans accelerationalists than just about anything else.

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Pingui posted:

Bernie has, yes. While Biden's release explicitly states that a cognitive test has not been performed, because campaigning is a test of cognition. Which I suppose is correct, only he is failing said test.

Serious question, when? I remember there were some stories about Bernie refusing to release his medical records but haven't seen any follow-up stories in a few weeks.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

mr whistler posted:

Serious question, when? I remember there were some stories about Bernie refusing to release his medical records but haven't seen any follow-up stories in a few weeks.

There is no "long form" medical record, besides what you may have been told.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

mr whistler posted:

nobody releases their medical records because it's none of anybody's concern if bernie sanders is impotent

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Has Bernie done this cognitive test that Biden is missing?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

This is disingenuous and also demonstrative of why people are voting for Biden.

how is it disingenuous? every election since goldwater is "the last election", the one after which the brownshirts will start rounding up undesireables if you don't vote for whichever corporate puppet the party heads decide on.

I mean look at your posts:

Raenir Salazar posted:

What you're suggesting could very well just end up with the future being a boot stomping on the face of humanity forever.

what else do I call this except alarmism
and also willful blindness to the already existing violence being perpetrated by pleasant looking men and women, sometimes wearing tan suits

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

shrike82 posted:

What is this? Do you think that theres a medical ACT or something ?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

mr whistler posted:

Has there ever been a non-lovely senator named Joe?

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

nobody releases their medical records because it's none of anybody's concern if bernie sanders is impotent

I think it's a reasonable question because in 2019 Bernie promised to release all of his medical records and then went back on that promise after his heart attack.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

shrike82 posted:

Nobody seems to be doubting his cognitive abilities, do you think there is reason to perform a cognitive ability test on Bernie?

Meanwhile people have been discussing Biden's mental faculties almost from the date he announced.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

He’s hitting 80 and had a heart attack recently.

Poached Eggs
Feb 29, 2020

Shere posted:

I didn't see that coming and almost vomited at the punchline

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

shrike82 posted:

He’s hitting 80 and had a heart attack recently.

Please link to timestamps from his town hall last night where his cognition seemed slowed or faltering.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

Please link to timestamps from his town hall last night where his cognition seemed slowed or faltering.

Oh it’s him saying he’s going to support Biden when he loses.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mr whistler posted:

I think it's a reasonable question because in 2019 Bernie promised to release all of his medical records and then went back on that promise after his heart attack.

It’s a concern troll. No matter what Bernie provided, it was never going to be enough. Especially for all of the dipshits from Columbia University with journalism degrees writing stories about how they thumbed through his medical records and found it to be interesting.

What would you do if I demanded to see all of your medical records going back to the pediatrician you had in 6th grade? What does collecting all of your medical records look like? If you had a month and half a dozen people working full time to collect and organize your medical records from the last 20 years, could you do it?

No gaps. You have to get all of those one off Planned Parenthood STD tests, also don’t forget any of the records from when you went to the student health center.

By the way, if you fail to do so, I’m going to spend 9 months on twitter hemming and hawing about how dishonest you are.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

gandlethorpe posted:

Has there ever been a non-lovely senator named Joe?

Joe-sus Christ :smug:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Ignoring the Holocaust aesthetic, is the line work all lovely and crooked on purpose, like they're trying to emulate some lovely font Warren used or something? And at least incorporate the actual color into the tattoo somewhere. She looks like she's in an actual shop so it's not some lovely kitchen scratcher.

mr whistler posted:

I don't have the link right now but Bernie released letters from three doctors discussing his physical health and his recovery from his heart attack, and Sanjay Gupta on CNN said that that was sufficient evidence for him to think Bernie was in fine health.

There aren't long-form records that would help anyone in this thread or the media diagnose Bernie beyond what's said in those letters, so demanding he release blood test results so we know his exact hormone levels or something is dumb and pointless.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Phone posted:

It’s a concern troll. No matter what Bernie provided, it was never going to be enough. Especially for all of the dipshits from Columbia University with journalism degrees writing stories about how they thumbed through his medical records and found it to be interesting.

What would you do if I demanded to see all of your medical records going back to the pediatrician you had in 6th grade? What does collecting all of your medical records look like? If you had a month and half a dozen people working full time to collect and organize your medical records from the last 20 years, could you do it?

No gaps. You have to get all of those one off Planned Parenthood STD tests, also don’t forget any of the records from when you went to the student health center.

By the way, if you fail to do so, I’m going to spend 9 months on twitter hemming and hawing about how dishonest you are.

And if you actually do it, they will be asking for the "long form". Because it is about creating perception that something terribly disqualifying is hidden, not getting to the truth.

Anybody concern trolling about this with what has been released, either don't remember how concern trolling about official documents like birth certificates work or are not honest actors.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Ignoring the Holocaust aesthetic, is the line work all lovely and crooked on purpose, like they're trying to emulate some lovely font Warren used or something? And at least incorporate the actual color into the tattoo somewhere. She looks like she's in an actual shop so it's not some lovely kitchen scratcher.

I don't have the link right now but Bernie released letters from three doctors discussing his physical health and his recovery from his heart attack, and Sanjay Gupta on CNN said that that was sufficient evidence for him to think Bernie was in fine health.

There aren't long-form records that would help anyone in this thread or the media diagnose Bernie beyond what's said in those letters, so demanding he release blood test results so we know his exact hormone levels or something is dumb and pointless.

It’s Warrens handwriting.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

It’s kind of crazy to think that Bernie is going to end his political career propping up a politician that’s the antithesis of his life’s work

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

LinYutang posted:

armchair diagnoses

Have you watched a clip of Biden sundowning yet

I know cognitive health is a huge messy subject with wide gray areas, but Biden is FAR ACROSS THE LINE into need for geriatric memory care

he needs to be spending this time resting, receiving therapy, and making good memories with his extended family

mr whistler
Jun 28, 2005

Wicked Them Beats posted:

I think it's reasonable to conclude he's in good health, it's just incongruent with what he promised in the middle of 2019:

quote:

“People do have a right to know about the health of … someone running for president … we will make all of our medical records public.”

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Anyone pushing back against the idea that Biden is in the middle of serious cognitive decline is a moron or a liar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

shrike82 posted:

It’s kind of crazy to think that Bernie is going to end his political career propping up a politician that’s the antithesis of his life’s work

Don't forget everyone still feverishly donating to Bernie's War Chest That Will Be Handed Right Over To Joe Just Like it Was To Hillary.

They're to blame too.

Every last donor. Funding Dirty Joe like that. Shameful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)