Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Seditiar posted:

It says so in the menu, changing world difficulty resets Manhunts so you can get better rewards later on. It's intended.
well I did roosevelt on hard then went back to challenging to do world stuff and it reset. went back to hard and the progress was still lost so I guess I am glad I found this out sooner than later XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose Oquendo posted:

So how does the armor regen attribute work? Is it always on? Like, lets say I roll 4k armor regen on a piece. Is that always regenerating? It doesn't require anything to proc it?

It's always on now. They got rid of the delay so it's pretty obvious that it's working if you have enough armor regen. The 3-piece Gila bonus looks really powerful for tank builds right now (1% armor regen) so if you're stacking armor that's about 16,000/s which is equivalent to around 3-4 pieces with armor regen. I want to try stacking as much as I can (defensive mods included) and see how much auto healing you can get.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
First post-expansion exotic, and it's one of my favorites

:peanut:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

With max attribute armor regen rolls on all pieces (4925×6) that comes out to around 4% constantly active armor regen for a DPS build that will be running around with the bare minimum of armor (660k).

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
My experience in the new expansion is me equipping gila guard everything, having 1.3+ million armor and then getting melted within seconds on a bounty as the bounty and a separate activity occur in the same location.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

has anyone else had the division 2 (or easy anti-cheat) trigger the "antimalware service executable" to ratfuck your CPU for 5-10 mins and prevent anything working right until its finished doing whatever the gently caress it is it thinks its doing ?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I still get a crash almost every session I play.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Digital Osmosis posted:

I dropped the seekers for an assault drone, which seemed to get a big buff and has like a 20 second cool down with very little haste.

I tested this tonight, since seasons are live so it's time for weird stuff. I didn't fail anything with the drone, but at least in the CPs (challenging) and events (hard) I did it never really paid off. It had a 14s cooldown, which with Skilled hive procs theoretically meant it was mostly up all the time, but despite doing not-insignificant damage it was still just slowly whittling away at massive health bars. The jump from hard to challenging kind of deflated the outgoing damage and if any purple/yellow looked at the thing it died instantly. With the world on Hard one card-carrying named just turned around and oneshotted the little guy instantly.

To be fair I don't have anywhere near maxed skill damage, and I'm geared toward haste > damage > explosive >>> status with no care for duration, but it didn't live up to the instant seeker deletion that made things doable. I had to run around to give enemies another target so they forgot about the drone, and they were more likely to target the drone when they'd normally run away from seekers. More importantly Skilled became a virtuously useless (instead of crazy powerful) talent so there's probably something to optimize on the chest slot for drones.

It's sure as hell better than a turret, though. A solid second choice.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
There are not enough numbers to rise in this game. I'm not sure if I grind myself to death I would be able to clear heroic difficulty in the speed I wanted to.
Make more numbers to go up, damnit

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Striker is definitely busted. You can go to the shooting range and see it for yourself. Do the DPS test, set the enemy for elite or named elite. Your stack will only go up 5-10 percent even after dumping 100+ rounds without missing. Switch to an invulnerable enemy and THAT will make your stacks go up. I haven't confirmed it, but someone on Reddit said shooting a teammate will also get you stacks.

Yeah the shooting range is where I went to confirm it. I was trying it out when taking a CP3 and I had like 0 stacks for the whole thing. I thought maybe I was just missing some LMG shots even though it didn't feel like it... then I went to the shooting range and mag dumped on the closest named target. An entire 100 rounds out of Pestilence (that definitely hit) gave me a tiny sliver of stacks that was gone when I started reloading. I tried two shotguns to build stacks and that didn't really work either.

Guess I'll shelve it until it's unfucked

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

With max attribute armor regen rolls on all pieces (4925×6) that comes out to around 4% constantly active armor regen for a DPS build that will be running around with the bare minimum of armor (660k).

I was thinking for a tank with the Gila bonus netting you that 30k + 16k + 15k (gear attributes + Gila bonus + mods). That feels like having Patience again without the need to be attached to cover for it to proc.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Hakarne posted:

Yeah the shooting range is where I went to confirm it. I was trying it out when taking a CP3 and I had like 0 stacks for the whole thing. I thought maybe I was just missing some LMG shots even though it didn't feel like it... then I went to the shooting range and mag dumped on the closest named target. An entire 100 rounds out of Pestilence (that definitely hit) gave me a tiny sliver of stacks that was gone when I started reloading. I tried two shotguns to build stacks and that didn't really work either.

Guess I'll shelve it until it's unfucked

I did the same but with an AR instead of LMG and it also didn't work for me. I'd heard reports of people saying it worked so I figured I was just an idiot and doing something wrong. Good to know that it's actually broken though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

What armor mods are you seeing that give you armor regen? I’ve seen plenty of resistance mods, incoming repairs, armor on kill, and health on kill but never armor regen.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Kibayasu posted:

What armor mods are you seeing that give you armor regen? I’ve seen plenty of resistance mods, incoming repairs, armor on kill, and health on kill but never armor regen.

It's not on any mods, it only shows up as minor attribute rolls on gear.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

I know but I was looking at this post:

Shoren posted:

I was thinking for a tank with the Gila bonus netting you that 30k + 16k + 15k (gear attributes + Gila bonus + mods). That feels like having Patience again without the need to be attached to cover for it to proc.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

UnknownMercenary posted:

I think there were some mods with armor regen pre-Gear 2.0.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Psa: don't be me.

Don't do a Manhunt mission and CP on normal, think it's too easy, and change the global difficulties to Hard because it'll reset the manhunt

In fairness it did warn me, which I didn't read, because changing difficulties hasn't reset any progress on anything before, so

Don't be me.

Also, when I redid the mission and CP on Hard, I couldn't open any of the loot boxes. I guess because I just opened them in Normal.

Don't be me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Seedge posted:

Psa: don't be me.

Don't do a Manhunt mission and CP on normal, think it's too easy, and change the global difficulties to Hard because it'll reset the manhunt

In fairness it did warn me, which I didn't read, because changing difficulties hasn't reset any progress on anything before, so

Don't be me.

Also, when I redid the mission and CP on Hard, I couldn't open any of the loot boxes. I guess because I just opened them in Normal.

Don't be me.

Won't the loot boxes reset every day?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

All boxes do, yes. Same with lockbox for keys and anything else. It used to be that each box would have an individual 24 hour timer from the time you opened it and it suuuuuuucked but they changed it to a daily reset after a while.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are loot boxes in a mission once a day? I've never spent any time replaying a mission before on the same day.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Seedge posted:

Are loot boxes in a mission once a day? I've never spent any time replaying a mission before on the same day.

Yes. I forget the exact time. It's like 2am EST. Not sure what it is now due to DST.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Max dmg roll Glory Daze in the clan vendor

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

UnknownMercenary posted:

I was definitely misremembering and confused them with armor on kill mods. Disregard!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Shoren posted:

I was definitely misremembering and confused them with armor on kill mods. Disregard!

Does armor regen do anything with armor on kill?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Max dmg roll Glory Daze in the clan vendor

I'm loving this. I tested it out in the shooting range and it didn't move a hair. I'll give up some range for consistently landing my shots.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

For the love of God has anyone found a way to stop Manny talking about Kenly loving College?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

For the love of God has anyone found a way to stop Manny talking about Kenly loving College?

Wait a week, I'd bet.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

Grupo is CHD, do you mean Ceska?

yeah, Ceska.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Does armor regen do anything with armor on kill?

I'm loving this. I tested it out in the shooting range and it didn't move a hair. I'll give up some range for consistently landing my shots.

Armor regen is just constant passive healing, really. Armor on kill is just how much armor gets instantly repaired when you kill something. No relation besides the fact that they both repair armor in different ways.

I saw a video of the Glory Daze firing with a 4x scope and it was legitimately a laserbeam. Not sure how much the -35% range will really affect you, but that gun seems perfect for a Striker build.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
How are skill builds holding up in the new end game?

I usually run hive/firestarter but have been playing with hive/trap lately to switch things up. I not sure how I'm feeling about the trap, the area of effect doesn't always seem to make sense to me. Sometimes I'll toss the trap and they will all bunch up in a little group instead of spreading out, even if I'm tossing them out in the open.
The best use I've had is stunning tanks and named enemies but I find I'm whiffing it when is use it on regular mobs

Estel
May 4, 2010
At least in Challenging they work fine, you just need to stack Skill damage and Skill haste if you need it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Tainted Ham posted:

I usually run hive/firestarter but have been playing with hive/trap lately to switch things up. I not sure how I'm feeling about the trap, the area of effect doesn't always seem to make sense to me. Sometimes I'll toss the trap and they will all bunch up in a little group instead of spreading out, even if I'm tossing them out in the open.
The best use I've had is stunning tanks and named enemies but I find I'm whiffing it when is use it on regular mobs

Try some artillery turret action

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
The scaling for a full group of 4 players needs a serious look, along with the enemy AI that concludes "might as well just walk up to these folks and show them this shotgun I'm holding"

I know we've gone over that already, but when it happens in-game, it's both jarring and hilarious. It's like the game just decides you're finished.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/six-six-siq/video/89883970?fbclid=IwAR0mg7WscuAfYNHU4LE413UWpyxIA3SJKhY5KUiaHImrF4u2BMjrJ9VegOM

3 of us can clear challenging without too much fuss but adding a 4th turns things into crazytown

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I'm not sure if it works with every kill talent, but I just found out that detonating your skills will count as a kill for Unstoppable. It's a good way to maintain 5 stacks between spawns - I cycle repair drone and decoy.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
pure ear candy...

https://youtu.be/cFQ4lWfaHMQ

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

Jusupov posted:

Try some artillery turret action

That's Demolition specific right? I havent dropped any points into that yet but I might check it out after I'm done leveling in Technician!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

In real life, NYC announced they are creating a containment zone for COVID-19.

The Division story is starting a few months early.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tainted Ham posted:

Yeah the traps sound better on paper and pretty much for this same reason you just found out. It feels like they all group up and it makes it super inconsistent on whether it's going to even do anything at all because it happened to miss everyone you were aiming for. I did notice that with a maxed out skill level the amount of traps goes up to 12 so THAT might make it pretty awesome since odds are pretty good it'll hit someone you were aiming for but for now if you're trying to lock someone in place the foam thing seems like a better and more consistent way to do it.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Tainted Ham posted:

That's Demolition specific right? I havent dropped any points into that yet but I might check it out after I'm done leveling in Technician!

I saw a guy just wrecking with that turret on challenging, I ran 2 stock exchange missions with him. I never asked what spec he was running but I dont think he fired one gun the entire time, just artillery turret spammed the whole 2 instances and he was wrecking poo poo with it. The stupid AI didn't even know what to do with itself with death raining down constantly. In cover, out of cover, rolling around like fools. It was glorious to watch. I was giggling the entire time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AwkwardKnob posted:

The scaling for a full group of 4 players needs a serious look, along with the enemy AI that concludes "might as well just walk up to these folks and show them this shotgun I'm holding"

I know we've gone over that already, but when it happens in-game, it's both jarring and hilarious. It's like the game just decides you're finished.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/six-six-siq/video/89883970?fbclid=IwAR0mg7WscuAfYNHU4LE413UWpyxIA3SJKhY5KUiaHImrF4u2BMjrJ9VegOM

3 of us can clear challenging without too much fuss but adding a 4th turns things into crazytown

Well I mean no one except you decided to shoot the guy and then one of them stood up in front of you and blocked a ton of shots and then another one decided he didn't need to shoot anything and ran backwards. Some things definitely need tuning but this is more just a whole bunch of unlucky things happening at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010

Peechka posted:

I saw a guy just wrecking with that turret on challenging, I ran 2 stock exchange missions with him. I never asked what spec he was running but I dont think he fired one gun the entire time, just artillery turret spammed the whole 2 instances and he was wrecking poo poo with it. The stupid AI didn't even know what to do with itself with death raining down constantly. In cover, out of cover, rolling around like fools. It was glorious to watch. I was giggling the entire time.

Yeah, you can do that with the Hardwire set and the Demolitionist specialization. Equip the artillery turret and the shield, use the turret to rain fire over the enemies and when it's on cooldown equip your shield and put it away and the turret refreshes so you can use it again. It's fun but there are zones where the targeting can be a bit difficult.