Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who doesn't love a little incest threesome with the bishiest vampire of all time? Oh everyone, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At this point being British, horny, and not a pedophile is a win.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

zoux posted:

Who doesn't love a little incest threesome with the bishiest vampire of all time? Oh everyone, drat.

The director already had to clarify that they’re not actually siblings.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it just sounded like they had both been captured and raised together but I didn’t take them to be literally twins

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to be clear that those two characters we drew to look like siblings were NOT siblings, they were step siblings

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

The director already had to clarify that they’re not actually siblings.

Never a good sign

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Lol I was also under the impression they were literal siblings. :ohdear:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I am stunned by this racism, do all Asian people automatically have to be siblings to you people?

I kid, I completely thought they were siblings and was thrown off when that happened, though I did expect some sort of deceit from them. I enjoyed this season of the show, a few things bothered me but drat the animation is good and Trevor and Sypha are such a fun pair that I'll keep watching it until they stop making it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samesies. What other scenario would have a man and a woman traveling together with neither of them developing romantic feelings for each other? Unless there was a significant age gap between the two of them like The Last of Us or the first Telltale Walking Dead game.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Samesies. What other scenario would have a man and a woman traveling together with neither of them developing romantic feelings for each other? Unless there was a significant age gap between the two of them like The Last of Us or the first Telltale Walking Dead game.

Pretty sure they were indeed a couple. Their body language suggested they were very comfortable with each other.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They grew up together as slaves to a blood demon, we probably don’t have a good grasp of their relationship

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

not at work tomorrow and its 1130pm here. gonna crack into a 6 pack and watch it from the beginning again!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

counterfeitsaint posted:

But seriously, before trains were invented what were spergs into, bitch?
I have literally never met anybody who behaved like this who was a generally happy person, so have fun with your casual ableism and horrible aching sadness.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I have literally never met anybody who behaved like this who was a generally happy person, so have fun with your casual ableism and horrible aching sadness.

As opposed to the thrillingly happy people who prickle up on internet forums

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Doltos posted:

As opposed to the thrillingly happy people who prickle up on internet forums

Dude, this is not a horse you want to back here.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Kind of surprised the captain didn't mention the whole fable of the frog and the scorpion during their voyage. He seemed awfully confident Isaac was sane enough to make good on the arrangement. Did the guy even get paid?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Panfilo posted:

Kind of surprised the captain didn't mention the whole fable of the frog and the scorpion during their voyage. He seemed awfully confident Isaac was sane enough to make good on the arrangement. Did the guy even get paid?

Yeah it was clear Isaac really liked that guy and they got paid and left peacefully. Pirate Capt. was basically the same pirate King from game of thrones and I just always love that style of character.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/pizzatwatter/status/1237461823194050561?s=21

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'm sure that meeting your weekly internet outrage quota brings you a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment that I can only dream of, each and every week.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

zoux posted:

All the great British comic book writers are irascible as all hell

Grant Morrison never seemed particularly irritable or contemptuous to me. If anything, he seems like one of the more optimistic and fun creators in comics. Still loving weird mind, but definitely not "cranky old man" weird like Alan Moore, Warren Ellis etc.

TGG posted:

drat the animation is good and Trevor and Sypha are such a fun pair that I'll keep watching it until they stop making it.

It's a pretty simple and rather obvious comic scene, but I still love Trevor's "this is better than sex" when he gets the free beer in episode one, followed by Sypha standing in the background going "Oh gently caress you..." and using ice magic to ruin his beer before walking away as he tries to explain what he said.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like how Sypha's robes are slowly but surely turning more and more warrior-esque. Eventually they'll just look like Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it was clear Isaac really liked that guy and they got paid and left peacefully. Pirate Capt. was basically the same pirate King from game of thrones and I just always love that style of character.

I liked how he put a squeeze of lime in Isaac's water to be courteous

And also prevent scurvy

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm only 2 episodes in to this yet.
But so far:
1: Banter is still A grade. "What if I said I was sorry?"
2: Has the animation improved during non fighting scenes or did I get used to their "style"? It feels more fluent somehow, less motion sickness from me.
3: Carmilla is not a mistress of planning. "I'll just use the guy I dragged naked and in chains cross country as an important part in my plan." :downs:
4: There's so much being set up again in just these 2 episodes. You can clearly see the same structure being employed as last time. It worked well enough last time, though I hope it's a little less slow. But I still look forward to the rest of the season. Someone else said it before the season started, but having a writer who isn't intimately familiar with the source material works well here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You can really tell which scenes actually had the budget put into them, though they seem to have gotten better at it. Maybe having a comic book writer is an advantage here, since framing scenes is important and all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Carmilla is an Ideas Guy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The way I figured is that, as we see when she's on her own, Carmilla has a bit of all three- she's not a slouch at intelligence, combat or intrigue when she needs to be, just not nearly the level of her sisters. However, she's far more ambitious, driven and competent than they are, and most prone to coming up with new ideas, while the others will just shore up the status quo on their own devices. That's the impression I get at least, and that they can and would overrule her if her ideas turn out impractical in practice, and she's smart enough to listen and understand to their explanations if so, but can respect that Carmilla can come up with ideas and ambitions that they wouldn't have considered on their own.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
"Starving humans ate all the horses on the way here" was a pretty funny excuse.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So I just binged through the series and it's pretty good, considering I never really played the games.
Also lol, just lol at Hector.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I only ever played the games at friends' houses back in the day, so I only have a rough outline of the original stories anyway. I do distinctly remember getting my rear end handed to me by a werewolf woman who tore numerals off a clock tower and pelted me with them before impaling me with the hour hand.

So I'm holding out hope this is adapted somehow.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have played seven or eight Castlevania games through to completion and could tell you the name of exactly one character, Alucard, and have absolutely no idea about any of the storyline except for Lament of Innocence.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bust Rodd posted:

I have played seven or eight Castlevania games through to completion and could tell you the name of exactly one character, Alucard, and have absolutely no idea about any of the storyline except for Lament of Innocence.

Not even Dracula? :v:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Not even Dracula? :v:

I thought I knew his name but they gave him like a bunch of different ones for the show so I guess I didn’t really know his name

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Prior to the show my only real knowledge of Castlevania came from himbo Simon Belmont on that ancient late 80s Captain N show and the “What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets” meme.

I didn’t even realize Castlevania was the castle itself and got super confused why they kept talking about the surrounding region being called Wallachia.

So I’m glad they made the anime!

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

So, when Saint Germain or whatever his name is, is looking at the different worlds in his dream, are any of them references to other Konami games by any chance? There was some mech that looked kinda like a Metal Gear. :v:

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
I finally did the leg work to emulate Rondo of blood and I was a bit surprised by how coherent the pseudo philosophical villain monologues were, not anything above a bargain bin anime but still impressive for a partially localized side scroller from 1993.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

After last season, it really seemed like we were gonna' get a time skip up to the Simon Belmont days, or beyond. I was incredibly disappointed that this season's entire point seemed to be undoing everything achieved last season.

But it was still a fun watch.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would much rather stick with the cast of characters that I like over an anthology of characters that seem interchangeable. How many different flavors of Belmont could you conceivably have? Trevor is great

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Imagine if, after all of the background of Leon’s heroics, they finally flashed back to him... And he’s basically Trevor, but worse, except for the whole “being excommunicated” bit.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like how Sypha's robes are slowly but surely turning more and more warrior-esque. Eventually they'll just look like Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China.

i wasn't really a fan. unless i'm misremembering, they've only changed once and basically it's just the neckpiece, whatever it's called, has been removed to show off the fact she has scar on her shoulder now.

i liked it better before. just looks a little plainer now, but still a good design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i feel bad for Alucard, the poor guy deserved some happiness and all he got is more depression

also bisexual threesomes are hot