Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
1.09 million people have liked that "coronavirus is stupid" tweet. Fucks sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

love to use my platform as a celebrated science brain genius to be dismissive of a global epidemic and efforts to prevent it spreading

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tesla has finally met the world of Dahir Insaat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYOxcQT0LBY

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

RandomPauI posted:

Somebody tweet this at the Ronald McEngineer and see how much he likes it. I'm guessing he'll love the entire channel.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

RandomPauI posted:

lol they literally just stuck a tesla logo at the start of an old video

game recognise game but publicly I reckon elon would call all this stuff unrealistic fantasy bs without a hint of :ironicat:

also dahir insaat puts like 200x more thought into how their stuff could theoretically work

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

baka kaba posted:

love to use my platform as a celebrated science brain genius to be dismissive of a global epidemic and efforts to prevent it spreading

Please get back to work Mr President

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please get back to work Mr President

:wrong:

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
He doubled down on how actually all the scientists are dumb and wrong, but looks like he deleted these tweets

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1236676295481843713?s=19

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

He's like Trump with bigger words.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

did you know if you 2x enough, number get big?? fake news!!!

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Lol at Elon Musk, of all people, giving poo poo for "over-extrapolating exponential growth, which is never what happens in reality."

Like that's not the basis of Tesla's entire funding model!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

BalloonFish posted:

Lol at Elon Musk, of all people, giving poo poo for "over-extrapolating exponential growth, which is never what happens in reality."

Like that's not the basis of Tesla's entire funding model!

thats a tasty a-ironya

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

PhD in epidemiology: (slaps forehead) I never considered that a virus would stop spreading once it had infected the whole planet! This changes everything! Thank you, Mr. musk!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Man With A Plan posted:

He doubled down on how actually all the scientists are dumb and wrong, but looks like he deleted these tweets

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1236676295481843713?s=19

Maybe he can set up a hyperloop to screen passengers as they return to the country. Reduce the air resistance so the test results can come back faster.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Watch Tesla Model 3 On Autopilot Avoid Collision With Wrong-Way Driver
[DISCLAIMER: TECHNICALLY IT IS UNCERTAIN WHETHER OR NOT THE AUTOPILOT WAS ACTUALLY IN CONTROL, BUT THE END RESULT IS THE SAME. ALL HAIL TESLA AUTOPILOT AND GOD-EMPEROR MUSK, MAY HE LIVE FOREVER]

Captain Hygiene has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Mar 9, 2020

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

wow autopilot is so powerful it can make other cars move out of its way!

this is actually true and sensible behaviour

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Roblo posted:

1.09 million people have liked that "coronavirus is stupid" tweet. Fucks sake.

Things That Aged Poorly

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

gschmidl posted:

He's like Trump with bigger words.

Musk can't run for US president, right? Right?!?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Musk can't run for US president, right? Right?!?

correct; he is not a born citizen. same wall arnie ran into

that's cold comfort though, because he could still become governor of california

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Things That Aged Poorly

How so?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Roblo posted:

How so?

Because it appears that it isn't the Chinese Govt doing this poo poo to show Trump who's boss and also clown on perennially hated local governments and reap some good will, it might be a genuine threat, spread and mortality numbers might actually be such in China because they have done something about it, and western govts, especially the US one haven't done poo poo to prepare, contain or mitigate it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Roblo posted:

How so?

I mean it's not great now but I was more saying this and every other conservative dipshit saying it's NBD or a big hoax is going to look extremely bad in a month or so. Every even slightly reliable source I've heard has said this is just the beginning and it's going to be very bad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The dumbest thing about the US right now is that this thing is like FOXDIE for unhealthy Boomers....and they're the exact demographic being saturated with Trump and conservative media trying to downplay it for PR/Stonks reasons. Which is going to cause a fun dynamic where the mortality rate is being taken overly-serious by healthy people under 60 who, while they should be doing what the can to mitigate the spread to oldsters and people with underlying conditions, aren't truly at risk of dying. While the exact people who ARE at risk of dying are running around thinking flaunting recommended social distancing and hygiene is now a way to Own The Libs.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I mean it's not great now but I was more saying this and every other conservative dipshit saying it's NBD or a big hoax is going to look extremely bad in a month or so. Every even slightly reliable source I've heard has said this is just the beginning and it's going to be very bad.

Oh. Gotcha, yeah I agree. The deaths right now aren't anything to get excited about, governments are worried because, unless stopped (it won't be) it's going to get pretty nasty.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The dumbest thing about the US right now is that this thing is like FOXDIE for unhealthy Boomers....and they're the exact demographic being saturated with Trump and conservative media trying to downplay it for PR/Stonks reasons. Which is going to cause a fun dynamic where the mortality rate is being taken overly-serious by healthy people under 60 who, while they should be doing what the can to mitigate the spread to oldsters and people with underlying conditions, aren't truly at risk of dying. While the exact people who ARE at risk of dying are running around thinking flaunting recommended social distancing and hygiene is now a way to Own The Libs.

And then they die and society is a better for it. Bonus points if someone loving kills off Kissinger because holy gently caress.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

gschmidl posted:

And then they die and society is a better for it. Bonus points if someone loving kills off Kissinger because holy gently caress.

I mean I would prefer people (besides Kissinger) not die and I will personally eat some social distancing measures to ensure it......buuuut it's kind of hard to feel super bad when a person, their favorite TV show, their entire online world, and their chosen president are all doing everything they can to make sure they get killed by a virus. It's like.....I did my part, duders.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

kissinger is an unholy golem formed by a roman soldier from the ashes and blood on the ground at masada. it lumbers the earth spreading suffering without passion or remorse

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kissinger will not die until every cambodian has been wiped out. realistically, that means he'll last for as long as humanity does so it was a pretty clever satanic pact.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1237232265937240066

https://twitter.com/coachella/status/1237239537379598337

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
goddamn owned by a brand

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ole Musky gets a little sulky when he misses his chances to do drugs and hang out with celebs

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Why doesn't Coachella normally take place in October? Who wants to go to the loving desert in the middle of summer?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1237240440178475008

Haha, you sure got me good guys. So, party later tonight at Connor's right? Should I like bring the beers? Do you have his address? I must have lost it...

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Why doesn't Coachella normally take place in October? Who wants to go to the loving desert in the middle of summer?

iirc it's usually in april which means it's in the 70's 80's

i haven't been for like 15 years though

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

God loving damnit, what a moron. Yea, I like what he's doing and, frankly, the Starship makes sense IMO. That all being said, he's a selfish prick and if he was focused on building for the future generations instead of selfishly wanting to die on Mars, he might be able to do the latter without being engulfed in a fireball at the same time.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i love watching this crybaby have a temper tantrum about how un fun a deadly viral epidemic is

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

sure is adding weight to the theory he's just pouting about SXSW being cancelled. stupid coachella ugh!!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

UnknownTarget posted:

God loving damnit, what a moron. Yea, I like what he's doing and, frankly, the Starship makes sense IMO. That all being said, he's a selfish prick and if he was focused on building for the future generations instead of selfishly wanting to die on Mars, he might be able to do the latter without being engulfed in a fireball at the same time.

The starship definitely doesn’t make any sense, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i mean its basically a clean-sheet design with the same general goals as the shuttle. we'll see how much of it is "falcon 9" and how much of it is "hyperloop"

e: which is to say, how hands-off (f9) or hands-on (hyperloop) musk was, respectively