Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

good christ i feel terrible for you americans

in the UK we're also basically playing plague inc on casual and gonna try to outdo italy but loving hell at least the hospitals wont bankrupt me

me and my partner are in the tremendously lucky position to be able to work from home and also have a bit of money in case the business goes completely tits up that we can coast on for a few months. otoh all of our parents will be in the "don't bother assessing" triage category so loving hell i hope they can steer clear of it.

stay safe goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

upgunned shitpost posted:

what's scott speedman actually like?

all smiles but you could tell he was actually very young and happy

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SchrodingersCat posted:

In an pandemic situation...

bruh, we IN a pandemic situation

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Just running by to quietly remind everybody that this will disproportionately kill city-dwelling olds, which is to say "people who vote democrat". The chuds will remain safe by simple expedient of not living near other people.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Just running by to quietly remind everybody that this will disproportionately kill city-dwelling olds, which is to say "people who vote democrat". The chuds will remain safe by simple expedient of not living near other people.

If only corona-chan had come to visit 6 months earlier

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

BardoTheConsumer posted:

chuds live in suburbs, rural peeps make up less than 3% of america. they pretend to be rural, sure

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
whatever happens with this thing, i can't wait for the debates a few years from now when democrats say "we need to spend more on preparing for things like this" and the republican messaging is "DEMOCRATS POLITICIZING THE DEAD TO RAISE TAXES"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

BardoTheConsumer posted:

the chuds are ironically spitting in each other's mouths while shouting FAKE NEWS so I'm hoping it evens out

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pussy Quipped posted:

Which is better, Contagion or Outbreak?

Outbreak is better in every way

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Also poor people. The rich spread it at first, but the poor will end up dying more.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

also old Dems are not on my team

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

the only downside to outbreak is kevin spacey really

i love the scene where dustin hoffman is going "we'll be in deep fuckin poo poo... and we're ALREADY in deep fuckin poo poo"

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

BardoTheConsumer posted:

otoh:

https://twitter.com/dianabutlerbass/status/1237161062312620032

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

full disclosure i NEVER saw kevin spacey on location i remained a safe boy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Fellatio del Toro posted:

also old Dems are not on my team

Mofos don't even wear the uniform

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

20 Blunts posted:

whatever happens with this thing, i can't wait for the debates a few years from now when democrats say "we need to spend more on preparing for things like this" and the republican messaging is "DEMOCRATS POLITICIZING THE DEAD TO RAISE TAXES"

And also the chud pastors will say that the cities were punished by God for abortion and/or removing mandatory prayer from schools

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Crusader posted:

the only downside to outbreak is kevin spacey really

i love the scene where dustin hoffman is going "we'll be in deep fuckin poo poo... and we're ALREADY in deep fuckin poo poo"

Kinds sounds like the situation we are in

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seeing a lot of libs owned by epic handshakes

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

it would especially own me as a lib if chuds started spitting in their hands before shaking

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
So I don't know what a pandemic is if this doesnt qualify as a pandemic. Whats the technical definition?

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I have a website I like that indexes unsecured webcams. The cams for Italy are really unsettling right now. I looked over about a hundred webcams in public spaces and restaurants and didn't see a single human being. Creeeeepy.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

so I know no one has definitive answers, but I need to move to San Francisco from Boston in early April. should I plan on sleeping in my car and eating MREs the whole way?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

RIVM posted:

Almost 4% of the employees examined in hospitals in Brabant have the new corona virus (COVID-19). This is apparent from the sample from the RIVM National Institute for Public Health and the Environment between 6 and 9 March. The findings from the study support the policy implemented last Friday. It does, however, require a few extensions.

The fact that healthcare workers are infected with the corona virus can mean several things. It is possible that the percentage of infections in hospitals is a representation of the number of infections among the Brabant population. But it could also mean that the percentage of infections among hospital staff is higher, because they can come into contact with the virus sooner because of their work. The RIVM will investigate this even further.

Test results

1097 employees were tested in hospitals from 6-8 March. 3.9% indeed appeared to have the corona virus. The percentages differ per hospital and are between 0 and 10%. 200 patients were also tested. On average, 9% of these patients had the virus. There too, there are differences between hospitals. The people who were tested already had complaints.

Advice and measures

The advice that RIVM previously gave to prevent the virus from spreading remains valid. This concerns general hygiene measures and the call not to shake hands. In Noord-Brabant, the advice is to avoid social contacts as much as possible in the event of a cold, cough or fever. In Noord-Brabant, specific advice on working at home as much as possible and avoiding visits to busy places remains valid.

Events

The central government has a framework that can help municipalities in considering whether or not to continue major events. New measures for events were announced this afternoon in Noord-Brabant.

Hospitals

RIVM has conducted this research in close collaboration with the hospitals in the province: Bravis (Roosendaal & Bergen op Zoom), Jeroen Bosch (Den Bosch), Bernhoven (Uden), Radboudumc Radboud University Medical Center (Nijmegen), Amphia (Breda) , VieCuri (Venlo), Catharina (Eindhoven), Elkerliek (Helmond), Elizabeth Twee Steden (Tilburg). Although the Radboudumc and VieCuri are not located in the province of Noord-Brabant, they do have many employees who live in Noord-Brabant.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Sneak Lemming posted:

So I don't know what a pandemic is if this doesnt qualify as a pandemic. Whats the technical definition?

pandemic (n.) = a fake PAN IC caused by a DEM ocrat hoax

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SchrodingersCat posted:

I have a website I like that indexes unsecured webcams. The cams for Italy are really unsettling right now. I looked over about a hundred webcams in public spaces and restaurants and didn't see a single human being. Creeeeepy.

shodan?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I work on a major 30k+ student public university in VA and all our students are gone for spring break this week. the administration is showing absolutely no sign of having prepared for anything but having the students come back and attend class regularly.

i smoke cigarettes and I'm going to die because some dickhead frat boy coming back from italy, or maybe my IT guy who just got back from japan, coughs on me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dustcat posted:

:stare:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SchrodingersCat posted:

:yikes:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SchrodingersCat posted:

wow yeah all the malls, offices, public spaces, etc are just totally devoid of life. then you stand them up next to US east and it's just lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
So New York is declaring martial law?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rochelle, rochelle!

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Isn't spring break a massive party in the US in some places? Are those on or not?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dustcat posted:

that's really cute

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Wow the National Guard are going to start welding people in their homes in New Jersey

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

what like raccoon city?

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Insecam. It removes webcams that are "questionable" so it's mostly public spaces and stores and stuff. Nothing voyeuristic.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Washington has their primary today and there's estimated around 1100 cases in the Seattle metro area

Washington also largely votes by mail, thankfully.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

they are going to divert to wall street and form a phalanx around the NYSE

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
how the gently caress is a payroll tax cut gonna help workers laid off because they were too sick to go in to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

err posted:

Wow the National Guard are going to start welding people in their homes in New Jersey

lol

maybe