Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thoughts: haveing an obvious sexual assault doer on terrace house isn't all that entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have to show up for potential jury duty and i'm scared any advice? personally I don't believe in incarceration so I hope they'll just not want me.

When I got called for jury duty we just filled out a bunch of forms and then sat there until noon, at which point they sent us all home because every case had plead out.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i have ignored every jury duty summons i have received, and nothing bad has happened to me

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I got a letter from federal court saying I was in consideration for jury duty and had to fill out an online form to verify my information. This was several months ago and I never heard from them since, so must not have been what they needed.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i was the last replacement juror on a week long horrifying child abuse trial and it sucked poo poo so basically none of you have any sympathy from me at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I haven't been summoned since like 2001 or something which I just responded with saying I was away at college and wouldn't be able to make it. Somehow I haven't been called since moving into DC, where I know people who get called every other year like clockwork.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

I got a letter from federal court saying I was in consideration for jury duty and had to fill out an online form to verify my information. This was several months ago and I never heard from them since, so must not have been what they needed.

never underestimate how slow the government can be

the one time I got summoned for jury duty, I waited around and got put in the alternate juror pool for a case, spent 3 hours in the courtroom during the selection process and was dismissed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I got to do the thumbs down at the coliseum once.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So on lunch break from jury duty went to get a drink at a nearby bar and the defense attorney is sitting right behind me, am I in trouble.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
suck his dick coward

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

suck his dick coward

He looks exactly like Tony Schiavone, real poo poo

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
tell us the details of the case, so we can help you decide how to vote

and we could also tell you information about the case that the lawyers may be withholding from you

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seth Rollins posted:

tell us the details of the case, so we can help you decide how to vote

also share it with the attorney at the bar and the judge when you get back to court

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Are ya’ll trying to get me locked up because drat man prison is unjust, none of us deserve it. If there is genuine interest i’ll share afterwords

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Are ya’ll trying to get me locked up because drat man prison is unjust, none of us deserve it. If there is genuine interest i’ll share afterwords

Play it safe - don't say poo poo about anything.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shard posted:

Play it safe - don't say poo poo about anything.
yeah listen to this OP

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

my cat's getting put down on thursday

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

*hug*

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Junpei Hyde posted:

That loving sucks. I’m sorry.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
it's thursday, thursday
put the cat down on thursday

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

gently caress. i am so sorry. cats are angels, wishing you and yours all the time for hugs and love, the love of a cat and a person is special.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

drat, sorry friend.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

gently caress, that sucks so bad :( :sympathy:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have to show up for potential jury duty and i'm scared any advice? personally I don't believe in incarceration so I hope they'll just not want me.

Download some podcasts, be ready to wait for much longer than you expect, if they choose you and you can wiggle out of it, tell the judge the subject of the crime is too personal for you and that you can't be impartial

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Incredibly sorry :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm sorry friend. Love and condolences.

I just lost out on a payday, quite possibly two, because of loving COVID-19. I'm livid. I don't get paid often at all, and this was gonna be a really good month for me. Not anymore apparently.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

i’m officially a juror. gdi

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

One day I will be in your shoes Junpei, and I will cry so hard I will die of dehydration.
drat it I am very sorry to hear that Foochs. You are good and deserve compensation for your services.
Also, apparently everything sucks again so I assume it is Tuesday.
And I wanna take a nap, which is bullshit because I slept enough.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/vampirebIues/status/1237065195790499842?s=19

https://twitter.com/iPaulie/status/1237276899258191873?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i will never not click on a video of a bat eating fruit, it is literally the cutest sight on this earth

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

excellent dog

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Seth Rollins posted:

it's thursday, thursday
put the cat down on thursday

Ill admit I laughed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Junpei Hyde posted:

Sorry Junpei, that really sucks :smith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/EvanRomano/status/1237368263530680321?s=19

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i am sad when kitties and doggies die, I wish they could live forever and be president and pee on my bones after they Eat the Meat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

america is the stupidest place in the world and i'm from there and I'm really stupid

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hell country hell country hell country hell country hell country

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So my parents and I are essentially self-quarantining for a couple weeks not because we're sick but because we're all vulnerable

I know I said I kinda want a vacation of sorts but this is loving weird

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I live in the evil alternate universe. The only way I can cope with the world is to pretend it doesn't exist. Part of me hopes the Coronavirus mutates and becomes a lethal pandemic and destroys everybody who has collectively ruined my ability to believe anything will ever get better.. This is where I'm at. This is what happens where the only hope you have is the hope you delude yourself into having.

(I am in therapy. I share my fears with her often. This time she has asked me to tell her of the times I found beauty in the world. It will feel weird talking about AEW with her. That is all).

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm watching drunken master lol