Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah they changed their logo pretty quickly after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/ElsieLovelock/status/1237082421952163841?s=09

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zoux posted:

Just so y'all and also any vampire posters around here know: I would be turned into a vampire without hesitation even if it turned me into those really gross ones from Masquerade. So hit me up if you're an irl vampire. I'd prefer being a Twilight one because they have no downsides or a Anne Rice one because I love gothic aesthetics, but I can be Max Schreck if I have to

Inzombiac posted:

I'd be turned into a vampire, no question.
I seriously do not give a single poo poo.

Congrats you'll become those lovely JapaneseChinese jumping vampires and the goon who would like to be a demon can become one of those raccoons with huge nutsacks.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 09:23 on Mar 10, 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jumping vampires are Chinese, surely

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Jumping vampires are Chinese, surely

What the gently caress I thought all lovely hobgoblins were Japanese. I guess China has lovely folklore too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

What the gently caress I thought all lovely hobgoblins were Japanese. I guess China has lovely folklore too.

This is a more global phenomenon than you think, Google "vampire watermelon"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You think vampire watermelons are good? Wait until you find out about vampire haystacks.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

yeah they changed their logo pretty quickly after that

Pretty stupid considering how much more it would have sold if they just ignored everyone and played ignorant. Everyone wants a little Cumbros on their home screen.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Its funny, to me, that people back in the day were terrified of being turned into vampires or witches or whatever. Compared to the lifeless husks capitalism is turning us into, being turned into an actual monster would be an almost incomprehensible improvement.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Pastry of the Year posted:

there was an extremely good pro wrestler who went by the ring name of Ricky Steamboat

that's pretty good, not quite as good as the name on his real life hand-to-god birth certificate: Richard Blood

why on earth wouldn't he use dick blood

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Congrats you'll become those lovely JapaneseChinese jumping vampires and the goon who would like to be a demon can become one of those raccoons with huge nutsacks.

You say that like a goon wouldn't thoroughly enjoy that

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1237306449392435200?s=20

JesusGeorge
Apr 29, 2005
TheKeeper bought me this account so now I have to rub peanut butter on his nipples on a daily basis.

Biplane posted:

Its funny, to me, that people back in the day were terrified of being turned into vampires or witches or whatever. Compared to the lifeless husks capitalism is turning us into, being turned into an actual monster would be an almost incomprehensible improvement.

Prior to Dracula, vampires were often depicted as we would depict zombies. Not saying that being a wage slave is better than being a serf/peasant, but being a dazed, starving, rotting corpse is at least a demotion. Those hopping vampires (Kyonshies?) were pretty cool though. Buddhist monks wrap a corpse for burial, get too lazy to drag it to the graveyard, so they tell it to go there itself. Its feet are bound, so waddayagonnado. Not sure where the "get loose cause havoc" thing comes in. I based a City of Villains character on that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JesusGeorge posted:

Prior to Dracula, vampires were often depicted as we would depict zombies. Not saying that being a wage slave is better than being a serf/peasant, but being a dazed, starving, rotting corpse is at least a demotion. Those hopping vampires (Kyonshies?) were pretty cool though. Buddhist monks wrap a corpse for burial, get too lazy to drag it to the graveyard, so they tell it to go there itself. Its feet are bound, so waddayagonnado. Not sure where the "get loose cause havoc" thing comes in. I based a City of Villains character on that.

Kinda funny that it basically makes them the Chinese equivalent of mummies. (not even getting into that Mummy movie) Then again, other takes simply have it that they find it easier to move by hopping because their legs have rigor mortis. (hence also the zombie-style outstretched arms)

There's a lot of forgotten ideas about various sorts of undead based on commonly known burial rites of the time. Jacob Marley iirc is depicted as having a bandage around his head that is intended to keep a corpse's jaw shut, and there's some modern takes, like zombies in Discworld liking to drink formaldehyde. (since they're basically corpses who are too stubborn to stop moving)

Ghost Leviathan has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Mar 10, 2020

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Riatsala posted:

I'll be an Alucard style melancholy bisexual half-vampire, if we're still taking orders.

Hellsing OVA version, Netflix Castlevania version or videogame Castlevania version?

(because the first would probably be the most fun, what with how he reacts to/treats Nazis)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

top: images you can hear

bottom: a good doggggggo

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Accurate because Spider-man is going to win by negligently allowing death

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

:yeshaha:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/DSAtwinks/status/1237246500058644480?s=19

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Can anyone translate the bottom part? I remember this being an English alternate form like the star wars language thing.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

alexandriao posted:

Can anyone translate the bottom part? I remember this being an English alternate form like the star wars language thing.

Yeah its just talking about the stone mask that Kars created in order to become the ultimate lifeform.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
kanohi hau
- magnetically attached to the wearer
- able to generate a force field to protect from physical threats
- cannot protect from ambushes or unknown threats
- may render the user vulnerable to maori lawsuits or lego
shareholders cancelling the franchise twice

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How in the bloody hell are you able to do that?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Jerry Cotton posted:

Haha imagine what it would be like to be a tanuki with a gigantic scrotum haha imagine the amount of ejaculate they'd produce haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icyOAc_pAvY

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Haha imagine what it would be like to be a tanuki with a gigantic scrotum haha imagine the amount of ejaculate they'd produce haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icyOAc_pAvY

Thinking about thos streams

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

cool to see a friend's video in the wild :)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is the one, folks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Who likes pastries?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Hmm, feel bad for whoever gets the small one.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Ariong posted:

Hmm, feel bad for whoever gets the small one.

What are “things also overheard at an orgy”?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What are “things also overheard at an orgy”?
Username/post combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Who likes pastries?

Who tf puts icing on a Croissant?