Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Konec Hry posted:

I love my new gang tag, but I think something happened with my avatar... :ohdear:

I would love a raccoon gang tag and don't even care if I lose the avatar in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

There's gotta be some word for the intense enjoyment of these small details. Animal Crossing!

Thanks for the gang tag!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Loving this tag! I always wanted to be in a gang but I could never get my finger-snaps rhythm right.

Also, here's the background of a drawing I've been working on that came out better than I intended

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I would guess the review embargo will probably be up on Friday, to coincide with the themed Switch release. A game like this has to be weird as hell to review.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Thanks for the tag! It's extemely cute.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I would guess the review embargo will probably be up on Friday, to coincide with the themed Switch release. A game like this has to be weird as hell to review.

I am curious as to how grindy the new material systems are, and whether the framerate holds up in (local) multiplayer. Everything else seems pretty much like a done deal.

Also, I'm vaguely concerned that they want me to play Pocket Camp again, which I'm not going to do.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

This might be one of the only times in recent game releases I stay up playing until the wee hours of the morning when this unlocks at midnight.

I'm actually so excited. I'm 34 and I feel like a kid again.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

And More posted:

Thanks for the tag! It's extemely cute.

I am curious as to how grindy the new material systems are, and whether the framerate holds up in (local) multiplayer. Everything else seems pretty much like a done deal.

Since the game seemingly evolves into a normal animal crossing game instead of staying All Crafting All The Time, I don't expect it'll be too much worse than the standard Early Game Grind.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I remember back in 2013 people who got review copies only had them for like a month. You can barely get the Club unlocked within one month unless you know how to make money and unlock town-related options from day one.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Popete posted:

Meanwhile us P-Z posters are dying

The pain of being an S!

Why didn't I pick some other transition metal?

Gluteus Maximus
Oct 20, 2007

OH LAWD, HE COMIN'
TO TOWN
I've been tagged! Thanks! :3:

And I'm one of those idiots that put in a last minute order for the New Horizons Switch over at Walmart. It's telling me it'll be available on the 12th, but I'd rather wait until the actual release date in case their system cancels my preorder on pickup.

This game can't come out soon enough. I'm in the midst of lovely life drama, and I really need some time away from that.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I remember back in 2013 people who got review copies only had them for like a month. You can barely get the Club unlocked within one month unless you know how to make money and unlock town-related options from day one.

Yeah, i mean I don't care about reviews for a game like this because it's a buy no matter what, but given how this particular type of game operates the process of reviewing it has to be odd. I'd think it will probably take months for certain things be able to be built.

As for pocket camp, yeah, even being super hyped for New Horizons I tried getting back into it last weekend and I just cannot. If they want to tie certain pocket camp items to NH, fine. I just hope they don't do the opposite as I've no desire to ever install that crappy mobile game again.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Seeing all these tags appearing!! I'm jealous!! LEt me iN!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Seeing all these tags appearing!! I'm jealous!! LEt me iN!!!

I'm at work :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Infinitum posted:

You're the mayor and half your town is running around crazy hitting each other with nets!
Thanks for your hard work

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
lmao at all these timmy-come-latelies

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Khanstant posted:

Also, here's the background of a drawing I've been working on that came out better than I intended

I like it, a nice crisp vibe to it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinitum posted:

I guess that's fair.

I guess

Cockashocka
Sep 13, 2013

Bubble brother

I guess I was too late to the fun.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

somnambulist posted:

I preloaded the game last night :parrot:

Now to wait 10 days, I don’t really understand why companies let you download the actual game but then make you wait but here we are.
As well as server load, I think I read that in some regions, they are pushing to have a preload count as a download and make it ineligible for refunds, even before the game is released.

That wouldn't fly here of course :australia:

I'm really mad about all this people drip feeding info, just let me play it now and I'll help reduce the coronavirus spread!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've remembered my favorite thing to do every day is to go over to Tortimer Island and just swim around until I have an entire box full of sea creatures. It's chill and relaxing, and I hope there's something equivalent in NH (added bonus, letting me sneak up on fish too :ninja:)

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Khanstant posted:

Loving this tag! I always wanted to be in a gang but I could never get my finger-snaps rhythm right.

Hey this looks great, I love it!

Preloaded the game, time to stare at it for 10 days in the hope it magically unlocks early :f5:

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Not sure if you have been able to get to the 'Z' group yet, but just wanted to make sure I was still on the list. Thanks for going this, you're both awesome and crazy for putting up with this workload.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

The release date for this game coincides with some pretty major (and stressful) work stuff, so I'm stuck between wanting the 20th to come as soon as possible and desperately hoping for more time.

It probably evens out in wanting time to pass normally, so I guess that works! And no matter what happens, at least I'll have a chill game to fall back on.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
one of these days my habit of clicking the icon whenever I pass by it just to see if somehow by some weird miracle the game got out early or something will pay off, and then YOU'LL all be the crazy obsessive ones, not ME :tinfoil:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

one of these days my habit of clicking the icon whenever I pass by it just to see if somehow by some weird miracle the game got out early or something will pay off, and then YOU'LL all be the crazy obsessive ones, not ME :tinfoil:

Not going to lie, I'm going to be a little sad once the game releases and I have to start doing actual work at work, instead of just looking for more AC news.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYGXTNtVak

Thanks to LITERALLY A BIRD (more like LITERALLY THE BEST BIRD) and Infinitum for doing all the work!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nemo2342 posted:

Not going to lie, I'm going to be a little sad once the game releases and I have to start doing actual work at work, instead of just looking for more AC news.

big same, only 10 days until I have to actually focus on poo poo I should be instead of refreshing this thread and twitter and all.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've remembered my favorite thing to do every day is to go over to Tortimer Island and just swim around until I have an entire box full of sea creatures. It's chill and relaxing, and I hope there's something equivalent in NH (added bonus, letting me sneak up on fish too :ninja:)

I haven't seen any diving in NH. I'll be pretty bummed out if they don't have it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Nemo2342 posted:

The good news is that in the age of free updates/paid DLC, service games and various combinations of them, there will be news to go around for the title for a while.

I mean hopefully they add more than just holidays.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Now that its only a week and a bit I am beyond excited for this

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
Google ads popping up. Also saw ads on Spotify

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeahhhh gang tag. Woo! Thanks, mods!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've seen ads all over primetime TV. I honestly think they're trying to appeal to a nostalgic demographic.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Who that would be nostalgic for GameCube watches primetime TV?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I seriously can't wait for this and Doom Eternal. Both coming out the same day.

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

Also would love to get the raccoon gang tag

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Infinitum posted:

I would be thrilled beyond belief to be part of the Racoon Goon gang, Timmy-come-lately that I am. Thank you so much for your work.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Feeling #blessed to be a racgoon

My first net-beating of an unwanted villager will be in your honor

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I’ve preloaded and am all set to fly to my deserted island. :thumbsup:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Idia posted:

I haven't seen any diving in NH. I'll be pretty bummed out if they don't have it.

I sure hope they do, that just seems like a natural fit but I don't really know how the games have changed between installments :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RACCOON GOOOOOOOONS

I'm so ready to play this once I inevitably have to self-quarantine for two weeks.