Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Looking forward to finding out if they're as good as some random YouTuber hyped them up to be enough to convince me to buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I keep forgetting to sign, ugh

Corvid-19

Hey McFly

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

really want to use my witcher senses to follow that scent

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

really want to use my witcher senses to follow that scent

Witchers don't have to wash their hands and have no underlying health conditions so you're uniquely qualified to do so

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Carth Dookie posted:

Looking forward to finding out if they're as good as some random YouTuber hyped them up to be enough to convince me to buy them.

Looking forward to your review!

Final page of my sketchbook!

Now I can finally start on project pantry. I have a hard time starting drawing this week, going away for a weekend and lowering my dose of ADD meds was exhausting but after today I think I am recovered enough to pick it up, especially over the weekend.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Nier was on my mind after I watched (and subsequently got depressed about) a really good interview on Keiichi Okabe and Yoko Taro, so I drew a quick A2 before bed.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Also Witchers are naturally resistant to all diseases, especially STD's. I'm not kidding I'm like 90% sure that's canon just so you can gently caress with no worries.

Oh right, art.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Motherfucking knees can't draw them for poo poo why did god even make something so undrawable as the hinge between our upper legs and lower legs this is bullshit.

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."

Argue posted:

Corvid-19

Hey McFly

These are both awesome.

Day 5.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Argue posted:

Corvid-19

This crow loving busts rear end. I'd get a murderload of him.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
In other news, I moved on from obsessing over feet to obsessing over trying to draw a figure lying on the ground in the fetal position clutching at their chest as though they'd been punched.

I maybe need to take the evening off.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Amazing work all! Loving it.

Must be the weekend if I'm getting paint everywhere. Today I mostly applied a thin even coat of liquid white to my desk and my hands. But a painting happened anyway!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Xanderkish posted:

Motherfucking knees can't draw them for poo poo why did god even make something so undrawable as the hinge between our upper legs and lower legs this is bullshit.

I don't know you, you don't know me, but we're friends now. :hfive:

I made kitty.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I don't know you, you don't know me, but we're friends now. :hfive:

I made kitty.

THAT HAIR. Gorgeous!!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Is it bad that the main thing I noticed was how comfy that cable-knit sweater probably is? Nice.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Carth Dookie posted:

Now I am curious. What is the verdict?

In this episode of "daily art is hard".... I find out bigger markers / brushes work better for background gradients. Ugh.

So good... the eyes are mesmerizing, along with the hair.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

sigma 6 posted:

Now I am curious. What is the verdict?

In this episode of "daily art is hard".... I find out bigger markers / brushes work better for background gradients. Ugh.

So good... the eyes are mesmerizing, along with the hair.

I am in love with this. You are exactly the kind of artist I love.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Art dump time!

People on the Discord have seen some of these before, but since I just scanned them, here they are again.

March spring themed pictures

Tulips done with Sennellier pan water colours

Peach done with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours

Life drawing
Two different sessions with our usual life model lass, this time with clothes on (once because it was very cold, and once because she was booked for costumed life drawing)

New lifedrawing model, a bloke. I was late to this session, so this was the only 20 minute pose I was there for, but he did a bunch of pretty dynamic 2-5 minute poses too.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I love the tulips!!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Art dump time!

People on the Discord have seen some of these before, but since I just scanned them, here they are again.

March spring themed pictures

Tulips done with Sennellier pan water colours

Oh what I love this!! I would frame this and put it on my desk. The sun looks so nice! Is that just a ring of white left unpainted and the sun painted in light yellow in the middle? The sun is a chore to me. ...so are watercolours tbh but I do try sometimes.

Today's Bob Ross is only so-so. I enjoyed doing it but the knife technique for mountains doesn't work on these tiny canvases so I had to improvise. And then I couldn't nail the right thin-ness of paint to get the highlights to stick. And the clouds are all stupid. Still my mum says she likes it so :shrug:

if anyone asks I'll tell them it's impressionistic that'll get me out of it

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

my buddy Superfly posted:

I love the tulips!!

I forgot to say. I love the linework on these. I'm a big fan of a well-placed squiggle. Also the shading on the doggos is *mwah*

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

Oh what I love this!! I would frame this and put it on my desk. The sun looks so nice! Is that just a ring of white left unpainted and the sun painted in light yellow in the middle? The sun is a chore to me. ...so are watercolours tbh but I do try sometimes.

Basically, though I lifted too much from the edges and not enough from the middle - this paper really seems best for one or two washes and done rather than working into things a lot, despite being 100% cotton. Also it doesn't like being masked.

quote:

Today's Bob Ross is only so-so. I enjoyed doing it but the knife technique for mountains doesn't work on these tiny canvases so I had to improvise. And then I couldn't nail the right thin-ness of paint to get the highlights to stick. And the clouds are all stupid. Still my mum says she likes it so :shrug:

if anyone asks I'll tell them it's impressionistic that'll get me out of it

I don't know if you can go back into it at all, but I'd carry the big cloud to the left a bit more so that it's also visible on the left hand side of that tree. I really like the mountain texture and the grasses.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 8, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

Basically, though I lifted too much from the edges and not enough from the middle - this paper really seems best for one or two washes and done rather than working into things a lot, despite being 100% cotton. Also it doesn't like being masked.

I don't know if you can go back into it at all, but I'd carry the big cloud to the left a bit more so that it's also visible on the left hand side of that tree.

Yeah - I'm gonna wait till it dries (so like, Wednesday) and go for a redo on the clouds, with that as priority one. I didn't notice until I had already put everything away and I was too fed up with it to fix it in the moment.:)

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

Yeah - I'm gonna wait till it dries (so like, Wednesday) and go for a redo on the clouds, with that as priority one. I didn't notice until I had already put everything away and I was too fed up with it to fix it in the moment.:)

And I thought watercolours were a pain for taking ages to dry. And you can't even hairdryer oils.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Angrymog posted:

And I thought watercolours were a pain for taking ages to dry. And you can't even hairdryer oils.

At least three days, I'm finding! I'm off work this week, if I do one of these every day I have no idea where I'm going to put them all :D

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Hemlock!

I learned a lot today. I'd heard of poison hemlock spoken of before, but I'd never actually seen one before googling it today, and was surprised to see a plant I've come to know as a completely harmless, common flower. Turns out the family of plants includes not just poisonous and nonpoisonous varieties, but also stuff we eat on the regular like carrots, celery, dill, fenol, cumin and parsley! Also the plant that's completely inedible while fresh - coriander, aka. cilantro. To maximize your learning today, it's completely genetic whether or not cilantro tastes like a pleasant citrusy thing, or like the devil's soapy butthole.
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Late night (yawn) sketch. Liking this new brush I found, though!

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
Liking that hemlock guy.

3 days of brands brands brands

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Loving the last three posts!

Here's today's seascape. I finally got odourless paint thinner so I can stop gassing my poor cat with white spirit fumes. Also white spirit was eating my brushes.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Ears reflect light weird and are difficult.

HopperUK posted:

Loving the last three posts!

Here's today's seascape. I finally got odourless paint thinner so I can stop gassing my poor cat with white spirit fumes. Also white spirit was eating my brushes.

Your cat loved being hotboxed with turpentine. I again love the colours in this one, it's so serene.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Spent way too little time on this. Too tired.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Ears reflect light weird and are difficult.

Aaah why are ears so weird, I never thought about this before. These are great.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I love drawing ears just because they're so drat bizarre. I mean look at those loving things. They defy all logic.

You did good ears, Crayon

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

my house

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Keetron posted:

my house

Only one wheely bin, you can't be from round here.

...that's really nice. The wobbliness of some of the lines gives it a really good feeling.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

Only one wheely bin, you can't be from round here.

...that's really nice. The wobbliness of some of the lines gives it a really good feeling.

Heh. :) I made more or less the same comment in the discord.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Angrymog posted:

Heh. :) I made more or less the same comment in the discord.

What is this discord people have been talking about lately? Did I miss something? E: got an invite, thanks!

Felt depressed tonight.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 11, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Shinmera posted:

What is this discord people have been talking about lately? Did I miss something?

Felt depressed tonight.

I'm sorry to hear that but I love that second picture. Their hair looks incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Augh acrylics are so different from oils. What is anything.