Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Bust Rodd posted:

Necromancers will get a ton of mileage, but we’re also gonna be seeing item combinations that were previously totally impossible for every class. I HIGHLY doubt every permutation has been number crunched already, there’s bound to be a handful of good break out builds.

What the gently caress is Kanai’s Stomping Ground? I have literally NEVER heard of this.

It's only available in the month of March (but I believe the transmog you can get is only available in the last week of March for the guy's birthday that the Easter egg is dedicated to). Just happens to line up with this season. Been playing since ROS (after giving up not long after launch) and still had no idea of this until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvtpwZA06w

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is a cow level map where you and him go kill poo poo together and you get a special Skorn transmog for doing it.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Vic posted:

I don't think the extra loot would be worth it when you have have to wait every few seconds for the 2nd player to get ported to you. But please post your findings :f5h:

I ran a couple rifts with a limp second player last night to level my son's account. He ported instantly and didn't slow down my fist crusader at all. When I was using steed charge he just ported like a dozen times in a row.

I think there might have been an elite that would Port in and kill him every once in a while, but there was a lot going on, so it might've just been a random enemy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

It's only available in the month of March (but I believe the transmog you can get is only available in the last week of March for the guy's birthday that the Easter egg is dedicated to). Just happens to line up with this season. Been playing since ROS (after giving up not long after launch) and still had no idea of this until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvtpwZA06w

Wow. That's amazing to know.

The same guy you linked also has this video showing how to get the Transmog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsXVKAOg1bk

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Avalerion posted:

This got me thinking a season where you can take all 3 followers at once might be fun.

all wearing unity and arcstone, of course

Dameius posted:

It is a cow level map where you and him go kill poo poo together and you get a special Skorn transmog for doing it.

and apparently can be abused to level yourself via massacre bonuses on t6 since kanai himself can't die

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Swilo posted:

and apparently can be abused to level yourself via massacre bonuses on t6 since kanai himself can't die

I gave it a quick whirl on nonseason and it seems like getting there at low level on t6 is impossible. Ruins and Elder Sanctum both have some really annoying mobs. However I got to level 10 and some basic skills and made it there on t2 and it's pretty legit. Fast levels and you just whack some cows to keep your multiplier going while the Kanai dude kills them all.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93DPY__KBYA

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 10, 2020

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'm only suggesting doing that area since you're in the area getting the cube, not actually leveling all the way to 70 like that. Playing in a group to 70 is more fun. Guess it's an option for solo dudes.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 10, 2020

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I have no idea which of my switch friends will be playing day one, so I'm planning on doing that a couple times then GRs. And just letting whoever tag along. If I end up alone with a limp second player then I'll definitely be trying it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok ive added the leveling video and the seasonal headrigs gifts to the 2nd post. if any other Switch Goons want to add their friend codes we can get some cool groups going opening weekend!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Switch me...
SW-0430-8912-2720

I plan on going hard and burning out fast!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Consider adding the SeasonalPowerleveling community to OP as a decent secondary place to find a PL when no goons are on after the 3rd week in the season.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok ive added the leveling video and the seasonal headrigs gifts to the 2nd post. if any other Switch Goons want to add their friend codes we can get some cool groups going opening weekend!

You may (or may not) want to edit the first post to note that the game goes up to T16 instead of T13 now...

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I don’t have my Switch handy, but based on another diablo thread pretty sure my code is 5307-0485-5998

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

At how many ranks/ancients does the legacy gem become viable anyway. Deciding between jumping in as a necro or just farming up the gem with another class first.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Can't wait to get these but on a Seasonal character.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Avalerion posted:

At how many ranks/ancients does the legacy gem become viable anyway. Deciding between jumping in as a necro or just farming up the gem with another class first.

It's great for characters after the one you got the seasonal set for until you've ground out a proper set for them.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Avalerion posted:

I've heard it's pretty smooth progression, especially for someone like necro or wd whose starter sets are not that great. It should be guaranteed second gem now too. I'm def gonna try it with necro and save the hagrid set for an alt.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MariusLecter posted:

Can't wait to get these but on a Seasonal character.

Not terrible for a Frenzy Barb actually!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Speaking of which, two-handed weapons could use a buff so they're good for anything other than cubing.

So that'll never happen.

I stuck with Burst of Wrath as a transmog for a couple of seasons as a Monk even though that meant I couldn't really finish the seasonal journey. Just because it looks awesome. Even though you never actually use your weapons as a Monk.

And it would have to be a stats change rather than whatever Lego benefits for "balance" and bleh again, it'll never happen

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

At the beginning of the expansion two-handers used to reign supreme but over time off-hand effects have been buffed so much that you'd be foolish not to stack two. Not to mention that 2H weapons don't count twice for LoD purposes so you're gimping yourself even there.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Ooh yeah in the balancing you'd have to count two-handed weapons twice for LoD/N

Oh no, the tiny percentage that pulls a primal 2H as their first for the season might get a boost instead of kind of garbage

stringless fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 11, 2020

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

At least they are potentially good for crusaders cause of the one hand passive.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

When I was having wrath issues with my crusader I used a two hander with Darklight in the cube because it wasn't much of a dps drop and I didn't run out of wrath.

Once I got the fist of the heavens belt that was no longer an issue tho.

Dreissi
Feb 14, 2007

:dukedog:
College Slice
I've played a bunch of Wizard, but never during a season with the Vyr set as a gift - how is it?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Powerfull, but I personality never liked the “murder things in archon then try not to get murdered while waiting for it to cool down” play style.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dreissi posted:

I've played a bunch of Wizard, but never during a season with the Vyr set as a gift - how is it?

Archon is mega-strong but Vyr's takes a long time to come together. You need, at minimum, The Swami + Fazula + ORotZ + Gogok and everything rolled for CDR to really get going with it. If you're missing any of the critical pieces then it will feel super slow and most of the power is backloaded into the 6pc.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Since I'll be playing on switch with my son (or a limp 2ed player) a lot of people have suggested playing the same character to double up on stuff. However when playing items are clearly marked 1p or 2p when picking them up. Is it possible for one player to drop items they don't want and the other to grab it DURING SEASONAL? Has anyone tried this in the last season or 2?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Archon is mega-strong but Vyr's takes a long time to come together. You need, at minimum, The Swami + Fazula + ORotZ + Gogok and everything rolled for CDR to really get going with it. If you're missing any of the critical pieces then it will feel super slow and most of the power is backloaded into the 6pc.
Vyrs comes together fast if you gamble at low levels for swami. 30 for swami is most important, and it's ~750 shards. You can pick up manald while you're there and that opens up a lot of intermediate builds before 6pc gets rolling but it costs a lot of shards. Fazula is 33 and ~1/3 to 1/2 price of gambling at 80. Up to you whether want you to gamble low level fazula or not, but the swami is definitely worth it.

ORotZ can be substituted with ingeom, reaver, or lots of cdr. CDR is a top tier damage stat w/ archon in general and uptime is everything.

Most, all?, of the wiz sets suck for season start and you end up using the most effective gear you can wear until you hit 6pc and a supporting item or two. Outside of tals, vyrs is my second favorite season start set for wiz. Just cube a swami and go to town.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 12, 2020

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tals is the only wizard set I use, raining meteors everywhere is badass :black101:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

As my hype builds for the new season, here's some season start tips that have worked pretty well for me in the past. I've been in the top 20ish for most seasons when I start like this, even with some hiccups. It's pretty efficient and can get you to lvl 70 in around two hours in a four man group.
  • Make your character, then do the CR (don't do it this week before the season starts on Friday) and get the bag.
  • Make "hard" difficulty game as it's best for leveling unless you have a bunch of OP necros, etc.
  • Take the Templar weapon initially and toss yours.
  • You can do Kule or Magda if they're the bounty (you want the golden chest after killing them that's only there if it's a bounty) at level 1 for some rares right off the bat, but don't get to level 2 before you get there, just run (easier scaling and quicker). If not one of the bounties, just skip to next step.
  • Get the cube, upgrade a rare weapon to legendary and cube it (see below for recs, you only have enough mats for 1 item with the CR bag), and gamble with your CR bag shards (see below). Go do the Kanai's Stomping Ground cow rift that's unique to this season.
  • Do a billion rifts. Throw the highest level rubies you have in helms and weapons as you're leveling if they're socketed. You'll get more XP and damage this way. Resocket with higher level ones as they drop. Upgrade 2H weapons at the blacksmith about every ~8 levels or so for DPS increases. Between rifts, check the "fence" merchants to see if they have a flat damage ring or amulet for sale. These start around level 8 or so. It's a big DPS upgrade. If you get Cain's set plans during your rifts (odious collector goblin will drop plans) craft for XP gains.
  • Craft rare 2H weapon at level 40 or earlier and try to get life on hit (primary stat) and a CC effect (chance to freeze on hit, etc.) on the secondary for easier -lvl req reroll, up to -30. You can craft only a few of these so at minimum get the CC effect and go from there to reroll.
  • Turn the game up to T6 if you score a good -lvl req roll, until about level 50-55ish. Turn down to T1-T3 and continue until 70.
Level 1 gambling suggestions:
  • DH: No great options really. Squirt's (amulet) or belts (1/3 chance of hellcat) if you're a gambling man, otherwise Leoric's crown helm, Pox fauld pants. DH suck to level. :(
  • Barb: Bracers (either is good for leveling), Pox faulds pants, Leoric's crown. Belts aren't terrible but mighty belts and normal belts are grouped as one so the pool is 2 or 3/5 for decent dmg multiplier ones.
  • Wiz: All options are bad. Leoric's or Pox.
  • WD: Gazing Demise, then Pox. Leorics is only 1/2 here because of voodoo masks being grouped with helms.
  • Monk: Bracers (any are ok), then boots for Rivera dancers, Leorics.
  • Crusader: Shields (2/2 with dmg mult), then Pox faulds
  • Necro: Gloves for grasp of essence, then pox faulds. I think Circle of Nailuj's Evol is too risky to try and get personally. Chances aren't great with limited shards, IMO. But the reward is pretty decent so, YMMV.
There are options after level 1, so check out this if you want to play around and see.
https://www.d3planner.com/game/66666/kadala

What rare to upgrade for season start to extract to the cube? Generally you're looking for something with a big damage modifier in the orange text. Not all classes have great options there for weapons, but the armor pools are usually much larger and probably not worth upgrading as they have more set pieces that have no modifiers on them. Ancients may be worth not extracting and holding on to. Same goes for your upgraded item that rolls with -lvl requirement on the secondary modifiers.
  • DH: upgrade daggers. 100% chance of something decent.
  • Barb: 1H or 2H mighty weapon is probably best bet for leveling. About 50/50 of getting something decent.
  • Wiz: dagger, 1/3 wizardspike. Wands are like 4/10 of getting something ok.
  • WD: 1H ceremonial dagger. There's a lot of them and some of them are awful but you don't have many options really. Staffs and voodoo masks aren't a terrible backup option.
  • Monk: 2H daibo. about 50/50 on getting something good.
  • Crusader: 2H flail. Most of them are decent and/or not terrible.
  • Necro: 2H scythe. They're all good.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 13, 2020

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Worth noting that with a Vyr start as a wizard you may want to aim for gambling Swami and Fazula's later on instead of a mediocre level 1 option. Because the Vyr start sucks, and the season theme means you can have both in the cube immediately and actually be able to do something at 70.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So what's the fastest/easiest class to level and get haedric's gift with, anyway.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Avalerion posted:

So what's the fastest/easiest class to level and get haedric's gift with, anyway.

This season probably IK Barb. Smooth power progression at every set level, easy to gamble bracers at level 1 that can later swap into LoD, piss easy set dungeon for the season journey too.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

This season probably IK Barb. Smooth power progression at every set level, easy to gamble bracers at level 1 that can later swap into LoD, piss easy set dungeon for the season journey too.

Agreed. Necro is a good starter and fastest to 70 but their gift set suuuuuuuucks. I also don't like them so I'm biased.

bio347 posted:

Worth noting that with a Vyr start as a wizard you may want to aim for gambling Swami and Fazula's later on instead of a mediocre level 1 option. Because the Vyr start sucks, and the season theme means you can have both in the cube immediately and actually be able to do something at 70.

Speaking of bias, I also dislike wizards. :v: Swami should be gambled at 30 (even @ 31 makes your chances significantly worse vs. 30) if you're trying for it, but it's not a great chance to get since you can't gamble wiz hats and helms separately. The pool is still small (2 helms and swami at 30) but if nothing else there's a good chance you could get Leoric's if nothing else.

However, I think it's generally better to get done with the 1-70 slog and shoot for items to speed that up rather than trying for a low probability cubed item for later that may be useful. Once you get to 70 the progression is exponentially faster so you'll get your other item slots soon enough and not be stuck with a < level 70 item that's only useful for cubing. Just my two pennies.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 12, 2020

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
im weirdly psyched for this new season

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Same, I want to see builds using the Reaver instead of ORZ plowing through trash mobs because it's quite a bit more effective for cooldown except against bosses

/e Especially for, say, Archon builds in rifts. It's way better CDR but it's never been a valid option because there's something better for the weapon slot.

Might start with Wizard instead of Monk this season just to prove it

stringless fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 12, 2020

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

The Kanai event is live for seasons right? I saw a Bluddshed video using that to boost and it looked pretty quick.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

stuxracer posted:

The Kanai event is live for seasons right? I saw a Bluddshed video using that to boost and it looked pretty quick.

It's only available during the month of March. Season 20 just happens to start during March, so it's available for this season.

Season 16 was the last time a Season was active in March, and we didn't even know about it then. This will be the 7th time it's been available during a Season, unless you don't count the fact that it was only available for the very first day of Season 10, since that started on March 31, 2017.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Yeah I had never heard of it either. It looked pretty quick if you’re leveling solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Well I figured out who kept porting in and killing my limp second player.
Nemesis
Here's a video.