Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so like, the only people to blame are young people. olds are just stupid and evil, they can't help it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

so let me get this straight

Democrats voted for electability (basically trying to guess how someone you've never met will vote) by picking someone that appeals to Trump voters and Republicans, who has a 90% approval rating among Republicans. To do this, the democrats alienated everyone under 50 and their entire progressive wing.

Do democrats have a plan for when the economy isn't in recession and coronavirus hasn't wiped out all old people by November?

i don't think they have a plan if it is, and they don't really care all that much anyway

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Wrote this in the primary thread, but would like to ask here as well:
At this point I think it is easy go completely :matters: however I don't really think things look as bad as that currently and I would urge anyone to utilize this as a radicalizing moment against the DNC.

We all know Biden has dementia, we all know he cannot win against Trump and we all know the DNC isn't playing this to win against Trump, but to win against Bernie.

Meanwhile the democratic primary voter electorate are consistently stating in polling that their number one priority is ousting Trump. That is why they are voting on electability over substance. They are scared shitless, and therefore vote for the candidate they have been told can beat Trump. That means they are propping up a candidate that is in direct contrast to their singular stated goal.

So I think this is the time to talk to family and friends that have voted Biden, harping on why exactly the DNC and MSM would try to push a candidate through suffering from dementia. They have access to him and must know. Now you friends/family will state that this is overblown and he isn't actually demented :downswords:. They are however wrong and it will become clear in the next week/month, that is why they are trying to get Bernie to drop out and talk about how the debate isn't necessary - all cover for backing a candidate that cannot win.

When the Biden house of cards come tumbling down, it is important to have made clear in advance that the DNC and MSM never played to win. They detest the voters (particularly the ones voting for Biden) and don't give a poo poo whether Trump wins, as long as Bernie doesn't. If this can be communicated in advance, I think it will radicalize a lot of Biden voters against the DNC and MSM.

Anybody agree/disagree with this?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Office Pig posted:

i don't think they have a plan if it is, and they don't really care all that much anyway

Yeah I don't think they really do either. The plan was to stop Bernie and so far it's successful.

The people whose careers are in the DNC don't care if Trump wins. They'll still get paid to work on campaigns, donations will still come in, etc. Bernie was the threat to that, not Trump.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Gobblecoque posted:

Well he's gonna have to choose whether to either alienate the establishment and the olds or every person who ever supported him. And guess what, the former group already hates him almost, perhaps even just as much, as they did Nader.

Bernie running third party to make the Democrats lose until they compromise with the left doesn’t work as a strategy because it assumes the Democrats, institutionally, want to win. Being a permanent minority party that can blame the left for their losses is their dream scenario, which is why Bernie running third party is a waste of his time.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lightning Knight posted:

Bernie running third party to make the Democrats lose until they compromise with the left doesn’t work as a strategy because it assumes the Democrats, institutionally, want to win. Being a permanent minority party that can blame the left for their losses is their dream scenario, which is why Bernie running third party is a waste of his time.
at a certain point the bottom is going to fall out from the conservative vote and there is going to need to be some sort of replacement for either the Democrats or the Republicans. the boomers aren't going to be here in 20-30 years.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I have to agree. The dems don't want to govern.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

at the end of bernie's dropping out announcement a ufo will appear and he will ascend into the sky, loudly declaring that humanity has proven itself not yet ready for the miracles of fully automated luxury gay space communism

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/_floodlight/status/1237702407297081345?s=21

lmao walking down the street and seeing little kids knowing they will grow up to inherit a doomed an soon uninhabitable earth is such a good feeling

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

genericnick posted:

I have to agree. The dems don't want to govern.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dolphin posted:

at a certain point the bottom is going to fall out from the conservative vote and there is going to need to be some sort of replacement for either the Democrats or the Republicans. the boomers aren't going to be here in 20-30 years.

I think with the rate climate change is accelerating, 20-30 years from now electoral politics will be long irrelevant.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Taintrunner posted:

https://twitter.com/_floodlight/status/1237702407297081345?s=21

lmao walking down the street and seeing little kids knowing they will grow up to inherit a doomed an soon uninhabitable earth is such a good feeling

it's not too late, sarah connor.

bernie sanders will be the next president of the united states of america.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Entropy posted:

at the end of bernie's dropping out announcement a ufo will appear and he will ascend into the sky, loudly declaring that humanity has proven itself not yet ready for the miracles of fully automated luxury gay space communism

i remember this south park episode

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
still a lot of primary left, they can't win without Bernie's base, it's Bernie or bust

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i remember this south park episode

my condolences, no one should have to deal with remembering south park

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao the Dems nominated the last of the Dixiecrats against trump

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/796229362643152896?lang=en

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Brother Entropy posted:

my condolences, no one should have to deal with remembering south park

"Not remembering? I haven't even been to the south park!" #Biden2020 #SundownOnHumanity

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
My goal is to let all the young people I know that if the dem nominee is Biden and he doesn't make concessions to the left on healthcare, debt, or the green new deal then there is no point in voting for him. And the dems will blame the youth/left if Biden loses so you might as well prove them right.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

so let me get this straight

Democrats voted for electability (basically trying to guess how someone you've never met will vote) by picking someone that appeals to Trump voters and Republicans, who has a 90% approval rating among Republicans. To do this, the democrats alienated everyone under 50 and their entire progressive wing.

Do democrats have a plan for when the economy isn't in recession and coronavirus hasn't wiped out all old people by November?

yes, they do

step 1: get that donor money

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

temple posted:

My goal is to let all the young people I know that if the dem nominee is Biden and he doesn't make concessions to the left on healthcare, debt, or the green new deal then there is no point in voting for him. And the dems will blame the youth/left if Biden loses so you might as well prove them right.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9yJaMxeJg

bernie or bust motherfuckers

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dolphin posted:

i think the plan is that nobody is going to be here in 20-30 years

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Pingui posted:

Wrote this in the primary thread, but would like to ask here as well:
At this point I think it is easy go completely :matters: however I don't really think things look as bad as that currently and I would urge anyone to utilize this as a radicalizing moment against the DNC.

We all know Biden has dementia, we all know he cannot win against Trump and we all know the DNC isn't playing this to win against Trump, but to win against Bernie.

Meanwhile the democratic primary voter electorate are consistently stating in polling that their number one priority is ousting Trump. That is why they are voting on electability over substance. They are scared shitless, and therefore vote for the candidate they have been told can beat Trump. That means they are propping up a candidate that is in direct contrast to their singular stated goal.

So I think this is the time to talk to family and friends that have voted Biden, harping on why exactly the DNC and MSM would try to push a candidate through suffering from dementia. They have access to him and must know. Now you friends/family will state that this is overblown and he isn't actually demented :downswords:. They are however wrong and it will become clear in the next week/month, that is why they are trying to get Bernie to drop out and talk about how the debate isn't necessary - all cover for backing a candidate that cannot win.

When the Biden house of cards come tumbling down, it is important to have made clear in advance that the DNC and MSM never played to win. They detest the voters (particularly the ones voting for Biden) and don't give a poo poo whether Trump wins, as long as Bernie doesn't. If this can be communicated in advance, I think it will radicalize a lot of Biden voters against the DNC and MSM.

Anybody agree/disagree with this?

Yes, but honestly, I am hoping for a Trump victory. Right now the dominant narrative is something unfair happened and took it from Hillary despite all evidence to the contrary

When Biden loses, they cannot hide it anymore, their politics are dog poo poo and they are only here to stop the left.

That will be the radical moment.

See you at 'Le Retour' friends.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin posted:

so like, the only people to blame are young people. olds are just stupid and evil, they can't help it

No no, the olds will just blame the youngs for not voting when their hero fails to bead Trump.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when people say it's my fault Biden lost I'll just say

good.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Some policies you will see pushed more:

-Elimination of SS and Medicare programs for anyone under 55.
-Elimination of Medicaid as it is rolled into Medicare.
-Minimum wage reduction or elimination.
-Child labor laws being weakened.

These are "sensible ideas" that I heard during the 2015-2016 season. Go talk to the olds in 2020. They love this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhVeEgpOZcQ

This movie was pretty lovely the first time around.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Yes, but honestly, I am hoping for a Trump victory. Right now the dominant narrative is something unfair happened and took it from Hillary despite all evidence to the contrary

When Biden loses, they cannot hide it anymore, their politics are dog poo poo and they are only here to stop the left.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao they are gonna go full strasserite instead.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

at this rate the coronavirus could wipe out all the old people and biden will still lose because there will be more disgusted young people than dead old people

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't know how to settle myself with the idea of not voting for Biden. I don't want to vote for Biden. I am talking myself into maybe having to vote for him if he gets the nomination, and not yet succeeding. And sure, I don't live in a swing state. Or at least one that will be pivotal - if this state swings we're looking at Mondale levels of humiliation. He's going to be absolute dogshit if he wins. But I can't bring myself to not vote for the only party's candidate that has a shot at doing literal anything by actually getting elected. I feel like an accelerationist when I think "well, there's only one person running I'd ever vote for, so I should write him in"

How have you all made your peace with that? I know this is a personal question so it's different for everyone. But I figure someone here has had the same issue. And I would like some help.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

the republicans might

the Democrats have gone full corporate feudalism. we’re all serfs now bay-bay

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't know how to settle myself with the idea of not voting for Biden. I don't want to vote for Biden. I am talking myself into maybe having to vote for him if he gets the nomination, and not yet succeeding. And sure, I don't live in a swing state. Or at least one that will be pivotal - if this state swings we're looking at Mondale levels of humiliation. He's going to be absolute dogshit if he wins. But I can't bring myself to not vote for the only party's candidate that has a shot at doing literal anything by actually getting elected. I feel like an accelerationist when I think "well, there's only one person running I'd ever vote for, so I should write him in"

How have you all made your peace with that? I know this is a personal question so it's different for everyone. But I figure someone here has had the same issue. And I would like some help.

Try spite.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Trump is a disgusting piece of garbage who has probably raped children and should be in prison.

He has still done less damage to the country than Joe Biden.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

DACK FAYDEN posted:

its actually very simple just remember that biden is lying when he's pretending to be less bad than trump

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lawman 0 posted:

The republicans are the ones likely to go Strasserite. Dems are to stupid to see it coming but Trump will definitely go left of Biden on things.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/atticus59914029/status/1237677234648952835?s=21

losing my loving mind here

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

That is exactly why I think the foundation needs to be layed now. There is a big difference between working against a narrative "nobody could have known Biden was actually demented, he was doing fine!" and rubbing it in their faces now, and calling out the DNC and MSM for backing an unelectable candidate. Because it will become apparent that Biden cannot win fairly soon, probably the next couple of weeks, November at the latest.

At that point people will be scared, and if we direct that fear into anger at the DNC and MSM, it will make it a lot harder for them to just nominate Hillary/Klob/Butt at the convention due to "health concerns".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, I have. That's how I've gotten to the point where I'm talking myself into voting for him rather than out of voting for him.

RottenK posted:

its actually very simple just remember that biden is lying when he's pretending to be less bad than trump
Eh. We'd get marginally less lovely Supreme Court judges, marginally better environmental policy, and slightly fewer kids in cages. None of those are nearly good enough, but I don't know how to not feel complicit in the additional damage done by the current moron, you know?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lawman 0 posted:

No they aren't, that's Republicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Read some chris hedges books like death of the liberal class and america the farewell tour

Then dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

The crises we face cannot be faced down by either party because both are expressions of corporate fascism

Bernie posed a threat to that in a very small way and you saw how massive the corporate resistance to his modest reform package has been

Read some Sheldon Woolin as well if you want more concrete examples of these phenomena

Also read the kingdom of god is within you by Tolstoy

I would have killed myself in my 20s if i didn't become a Christian anarchist

True story