Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think i have to stop reading this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll keep on making sure no one talks about star wars: The Last Jedi

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

i'm watching drunken master lol

loving love that movie loving LOVE it weowwwwww

Seth Rollins posted:

i think i have to stop reading this thread

lol look at this little baby who can’t handle the unrelenting deluge of misery he unleashed on the wrestling subforum

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Drunken Master 2 has one of the hands-down best fight scenes ever. Just an incredible 20-minute shitshow.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this poo poo is so funny lol ive laughed out loud alone in my room like an r word multiple times
Live look in at me v--v
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHu9D8armIA <-

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

going to go to sleep i think but don't talk about that movie i mentioned. you can talk about the funny master series

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jackie Chan Rips His Pants Where His rear end Hole Is (HQ)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

Part of me hopes the Coronavirus mutates and becomes a lethal pandemic. This is where I'm at. This is what happens where the only hope you have is the hope you delude yourself into having.

(I am in therapy. I share my fears with her often. This time she has asked me to tell her of the times I found beauty in the world. It will feel weird talking about AEW with her. That is all).

I'm gonna be real here for a second sentiment like this pisses me off. When I see people say this or I wish we'd all get wiped out all I can think of is you are wishing death on my wife my daughter and my son. Because you're upset? Wish death on the people who are actually behind your problems not just random destruction on the human race.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

yea ok posted:

Jackie Chan Rips His Pants Where His rear end Hole Is (HQ)

I'm glad AJ Styles was able to recreate this spot

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

xpac went ssj2 when he tried

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So IDW had the Back To The Future license for a while and did some comics based on it, including one called Biff To The Future that explores the timeline where Biff got the sports almanac and how he became rich and powerful using it, and let me just say it's both a really funny comic and also a incredibly dark and brutal book

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can't sleep. Can't "slemp." Sluuup

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

I'm gonna be real here for a second sentiment like this pisses me off. When I see people say this or I wish we'd all get wiped out all I can think of is you are wishing death on my wife my daughter and my son. Because you're upset? Wish death on the people who are actually behind your problems not just random destruction on the human race.

I apologize. You are valid as are those you love. I have amended my previous statement.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if i'm gonna get wiped out it better not be from something where i have to fart around in a hospital for over 3 days. And it better feel pretty good or at least like nothing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

if i'm gonna get wiped out it better not be from something where i have to fart around in a hospital for over 3 days. And it better feel pretty good or at least like nothing

it just feels like a big fart coming out that's the soul

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is a positive, fun thread for shooting the poo poo about things non-wrestling related. There are plenty of other places including right on these forums to go talk about all the horrible poo poo going on in the world, don't do it in this thread.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i get the message. circle on back to this post and let's restart the thread from there.

coconono posted:

one time I jerked off in an abandoned house's attic.

go

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So my parents and I are essentially self-quarantining for a couple weeks not because we're sick but because we're all vulnerable

I know I said I kinda want a vacation of sorts but this is loving weird

foochs i strongly feel like you would be a lot happier if you rented a lovely apartment and got out of your parent's place. this is no kind of judgement on how you live your life you are one of the best men i have ever known

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/status/805952245254778880

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oh but seriously I posted:

foochs i strongly feel like you would be a lot happier if you rented a lovely apartment and got out of your parent's place. this is no kind of judgement on how you live your life you are one of the best men i have ever known

That's not even remotely an option for reasons I shan't get into here. Feel free to DM me if you want edification as to why, it is a societal problem.

I like watching YouTube videos of happy dogs. :)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

TTBF posted:

The giant maps actually suck real hard. It's mainly a few sparse areas (themselves NOWHERE near the density of the Ground Zeroes map) connected by hallways of open areas with very little of note. Most of what you get to do in the game is repeated non-stop. All the issues you had with Peacewalker? Present.

Nothing in Phantom Pain is a quarter as weird/goofy as the side-missions in Ground Zeroes where you rescue Kojima or play as Raiden.

God Phantom Pain was such a disappointment after Ground Zeroes.

This is months back by now but I want to get back to this post because I’m playing Phantom Pain and can offer my thoughts on it now!

I have to say thus far (total progress 25%) I would say I disagree with most of it.

Yes, the maps are sparse, but to me it feels like it’s more about having various routes to take on whichever outpost you’re attacking. They also aren’t too gigantic so that moving around them would take too long or be too tedious, at least for me. You’re right about none of the outposts themselves being as large and as densely-packed as Camp Omega, though. A couple seem to come pretty close, like the central base camp in Afghanistan.

One of my biggest issues with Peace Walker was the endgame and the endless grinding required for improving your weapons, mostly to kill godawful garbage tank bosses. This does not apply to MGSV at all, because even the basic guns actually work in the game and the vehicles aren’t just gigantic sacks of HP and reinforcements that take forever to defeat. Of course, I’m nowehere near the endgame for this game yet, so maybe that’ll change, but it doesn’t seem like it because how stuff like vehicles etc. work are so different here.

Another issue I had with Peace Walker was that the gameplay wasn’t good enough to justify the grinding. However, I find the moment-to-moment gameplay in Phantom Pain (moving around, scouting, shooting, planning etc.) to be so enjoyable that I could just bomb around the deserts and jungles without much of a plan. I dunno man. I just really, really, really like how you move in this game. You’re fast even on just your feet and have so many options!

The base-building aspect seems like the weakest bit in the game, although I find it’s been streamlined enough (esp. sending squads on missions) that it feels like less of a pain in the rear end than in PW.

I’ve found the Man on Fire, the boy who I presume to be a young Psycho Mantis, the giant whale on fire, D-Dog, the Skulls etc. plenty goofy/weird. My problem is that some of the already-established main characters don’t seem like themselves at all, especially Ocelot. And yeah, I’ve spoiled the ending for myself long ago so I know what explains part of this problem, but it doesn’t excuse the fact that certain characters come across as so humorless and dry.

The few setpiece boss fights I’ve encountered have thankfully been very good and varied. Loved the Quiet fight even though it wasn’t as fabulous or involved as tthe MGS3 The End fight.

This is of course not to say that your opinion is invalid, but I am having a blast thus far :) Maybe I’ll post my thoughts again when I’m done with the game.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 11, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm at a New Order concert with my gf and we are like in the top 2% youngest here.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lid posted:

I'm at a New Order concert with my gf and we are like in the top 2% youngest here.

I had no idea they still toured

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The kiddo's school district just cancelled all non-academic events for the rest of the year, including the high school musical AND choir concerts, and they're seriously considering cancelling prom and the graduation ceremony.

She was not a happy camper last night. She was working so hard at the musical (she was the understudy for three parts and had them all memorized while the mains were still reading from the script) and loves choir. Talking her down and telling her things will work out was maybe the hardest thing I've done as an authority/parental figure in 15+ years of knowing her. But I took her to Panera for dinner, so that made her happy.

On the upside, I had this conversation with her stepsister, who was bummed that she won't get to do Stage Crew now...

L - "Was it this bad after 9/11?"

C - "Actually, things went back to normal kinda quick. If anything this is like the AIDS panic when I was around your age. People thought you could get AIDS from sitting on a public toilet, sharing a water fountain, even shaking hands with a gay person."

L - "Oh. People were stupid back then too, huh?"

C - "Well it was the 80's. Some people thought Red Dawn was a documentary."

L - "The Chris Hemsworth movie?"

C - "...I don't even know where to start with that."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good morning

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm more excited than I should be for the new Bill and Ted movie to come out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1237545466687938560

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

feeling very self destructive today, thankfully the wrestling will help curb the urges.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

good morning

Good morning

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hello

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

feeling very self destructive today, thankfully the wrestling will help curb the urges.

Please dont hurt yourself - it would make me sad because I like you.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Better Call Saul is really good folks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shard posted:

Please dont hurt yourself - it would make me sad because I like you.
:emptyquote:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lid posted:

aren’t they touring with pet shop boys?

I’m jelly

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I saw New Order open for Nine Inch Nails once. that was cool. I did too many drugs so I don't really remember the show. I think Marilyn Manson fell off the stage. Or that was another time I got completely wasted at Deer Creek. Fond memories of that hellhole.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m playing shadow of the colossus for the first time.

I get the feeling I shouldn’t be killing these gentle giants

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Captain Magic posted:

naw it's fine just stab them until their life force depletes and let the void transport you back to the temple what could go wrong

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

this game sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think I climbed and broke two giants before it started to feel like my real job.