Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jewel Repetition posted:

I haven't been listening to Chapo lately, are they going to join NoJoe gang?

matt's gone full joker. felix and virgil are currently chasing him through the streets of Brooklyn with a large net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

okay so....... the wfp just let her keep working there and saying the n word???

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1237650803055300608?s=21

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
tbf she was living with nick at the time

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

That wouldn't be surprising coming from Amber, given that anti-woke left basically translates to "I want healthcare, and the ability to say slurs"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

hobbesmaster posted:

their position is that the campaign isn’t over yet

to paraphrase my personal hero hillary clinton, a lot can happen before the convention

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
rafael's leaving out how he and everyone else including amber was required to say the n-word as part of their morning teambuilding chant every day

THS
Sep 15, 2017

zegermans posted:

That wouldn't be surprising coming from Amber, given that anti-woke left basically translates to "I want healthcare, and the ability to say slurs"

you’re an absolute loving moron

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

THS posted:

you’re an absolute loving moron

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

gently caress off zegermans

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

let me guess, the "n word" was "neoliberal"?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

zegermans posted:

What's up with your weird cross-thread vendetta against Amber

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Halloween Jack posted:

What's up with your weird cross-thread vendetta against Amber

zegerman is a reactionary neoliberal

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Just to nip this in the bud, nobody has to like Amber a Lee Frost but nobody wants to read about that across multiple threads.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Paywall grifters

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
heated working family moment

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

zegermans posted:

It's less about wanting to say slurs and more about growing your coalition to include people who aren't educated in what's the wrong thing to say or why

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the real problem is that it's easier to name the the ostensibly left organizations in the u.s. that aren't captured by the non-profit-industrial complex than the ones that are. (WFP is definitely enmeshed in that net of grad students and greed)

Off the top of my head I can only really name the ILWU as actually radical. And that's because friends from that area have described them glowingly. Maybe the insurgent left faction in the teamsters?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I have recently learned that people don’t like The Antifada. my only opinion on The Antifada is that I listened to one episode and didn’t like the audio quality and it also seemed very NYC-centric anyways which I don’t live anywhere near, but fine otherwise. but it seems like a few people in leftist spheres don’t like it for reasons other than it being kinda amateur. why is that?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

I have recently learned that people don’t like The Antifada. my only opinion on The Antifada is that I listened to one episode and didn’t like the audio quality and it also seemed very NYC-centric anyways which I don’t live anywhere near, but fine otherwise. but it seems like a few people in leftist spheres don’t like it for reasons other than it being kinda amateur. why is that?

the cake-sitting, i assume. it's not for everyone.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I liked the episodes of Antifada with Matt Christman on them and paid them five bucks so I could listen to all of them but I didn't really take to the rest of it.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Pirate Jet posted:

I haven't really listened to the Antifada, so I don't have a strong opinion either way, but this tweet seems a little opportunistic:
https://twitter.com/jamie_elizabeth/status/1237587378975281153?s=20

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't tell if Jamie is playing a character on the rare occasion I listen to the Majority Report, so I just haven't bothered checking out the antifada aisde from the Inebriated Past episodes.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i like amber, frost christman is a great spinoff

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
tbf no one but Amber actually knows whether she is or isn’t allowed to say it

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Equeen posted:

I haven't really listened to the Antifada, so I don't have a strong opinion either way, but this tweet seems a little opportunistic:
https://twitter.com/jamie_elizabeth/status/1237587378975281153?s=20

yeah, garbage ape mocking her for that is how I found out about the animosity. I don’t know, I’ve never really been the kind of guy to shun leftists for wanting to make a living, I get that’s a crummy opportunistic tweet but also nobody gets to choose whether or not they live in capitalism. there’s a distance between not reading the room before you plug your Patreon and like, being a landlord and kicking your tenants out for richer ones

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

aw man, now i owe the Bad Laughs Jar five bucks

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The Antifada is one of those leftist podcasts that I don't dislike, it just doesn't really grab me. The History is a Weapon series is excellent and worth paying 5bux for, definitely.

That tweet seems totally innocuous and like something that people would find funny if Brace Belden did it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

aw man, now i owe the Bad Laughs Jar five bucks

You can just pirate cum town you don’t have to pay for the patreon.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I started listening to to antifada after the Christman episodes and got more into it when i realized they have a similar taste in music to me.

I dont read that tweet as opportunistic, theyve been talking about canvassing for Bernie and had a lot of guests on that push canvassing for Bernie and getting involved in groups like community defense organizations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doc Hawkins posted:

the cake-sitting, i assume. it's not for everyone.

What kind of cake?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

What kind of cake?

It's different every week. If you pay ten bucks on the patreon you can make requests

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i hear amber is barefoot in every chapo recording

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/HostilePodcast/status/1237771059690168322 the third mic dicta spinoff has landed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Trabisnikof posted:

hehehe

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

i've heard you must never do this

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
"Pirating Cum Town" isn't a euphemism for gay sex, it's okay.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Trabisnikof posted:

You can just youtube cum town you don’t have to pirate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

WFP management had multiple secret meetings among themselves trying to figure out if they were allowed to measure her skull to determine if she could say the slur