Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

lol if you think the annoyed oh no I'm gonna get lunched on bullshit time to lurk response means someone is town

Monathin good vite though

Agree on the first point

Mona I’m more torn on. On the one hand, could be town that got busy and had an abbreviated day 1 slip away from them. On the other hand, their response to it was “oh woe is me how could anyone have known this day would be short I don’t have time to read I’ll just plunk this vote down and to hell with the consequences!!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I don't feel strongly either way about either Hunt nor Mona, though I'd like to see more from both today.

Hunt cracked under pressure but so will I; Mona may have feigned a lack of time but is far from the only one to complain about the deadline.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

lol if you think the annoyed oh no I'm gonna get lunched on bullshit time to lurk response means someone is town

i mean, i also tend to think the targets of inexplicable vote swerves are town

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Mr. Steak posted:

i mean, i also tend to think the targets of inexplicable vote swerves are town

in my experience very not true, random turbos often target scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

in my experience very not true, random turbos often target scum

Oh well in that case

##vote ixt

LET’S GET EM BOYS

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

gently caress, I don't know if I can stand away from a turbo ##vote Ixt

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

gently caress, I don't know if I can stand away from a turbo ##vote Ixt

?

i'm calling your bluff ##vote ixt

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Mr. Steak posted:

?

i'm calling your bluff ##vote ixt

foolish steak, this isn't a gun in my mouth to prove my authority and make a point, it's a turbo!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ruggan posted:

What is everyone else's case against Mona? Mine is just based out of vote timing for Leith and some weirdness in their posts, but they also haven't posted a ton and reviewing their posts it feels like a weak case.

For me it is still their post about me. It made me feel like they were talking about me in scum chat and decided to try and get me cuddled on a later day, so Mona came in to lay the groundwork for that but hosed it up by not establishing proper context for it.

For additional context, they(Mona+buds) were doing this as scum in our last game together and planning to try and set me up as their vote on later days if they didn't night kill me. So upon reading that post, seeing it came out of nowhere and didn't make sense for the thread, I started to put the pieces together.

I was potentially willing to be convinced otherwise if Mona came in and somehow dazzled me, but they never did. I know it may seem weak/tinfoil, but I'm feeling really good about this one. And I'm not the only one that saw how out of place that post was.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

could I trouble you to explain why, if not for me than for everyone else? i believe the case boils down to a single suspicious post well within d1 confines

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, okay I guess it isn't that bad but still I feel more strongly about voting for hunt currently..

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The surge at the start of the day of folks essentially just reiterating their non-Leith EoD votes is a bit ehh, but the ones that really stand out most in that are boogie's and CPig's. Boogie voted for Mona under the guise of it being purely a pressure vote, despite there Mona already being at 2 votes, and CPig voted for Hunt on the basis of... Mona case bad? Boogie's would be a good way for scum to start properly pushing toward a mislunch with a reasonable seeming excuse but CPig's is straight up terrible.

CapitalistPig posted:

I'd rather vote hunt.

##vote hunt

The mona case is not a strong case ya'll.

The only justification for Hunt is "better than Mona." Not even agreeing with the Hunt case, just disagreeing with the Mona one and... that's it. It's not like their D1 vote for Leith was much better either, but at least there they acknowledged that the case on Leith was the best at the time. No attempts to so much as pretend to post any reads of anyone, and then this frankly terrible vote makes me feel better about Hunt than anything Hunt has actually done himself.

And, of course, a whole lot more inclined to ##vote CPig.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

Boogie voted for Mona under the guise of it being purely a pressure vote, despite there Mona already being at 2 votes

we have 21 players alive still, 3 votes is nothing

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dragonatrix posted:

The surge at the start of the day of folks essentially just reiterating their non-Leith EoD votes is a bit ehh, but the ones that really stand out most in that are boogie's and CPig's. Boogie voted for Mona under the guise of it being purely a pressure vote, despite there Mona already being at 2 votes, and CPig voted for Hunt on the basis of... Mona case bad? Boogie's would be a good way for scum to start properly pushing toward a mislunch with a reasonable seeming excuse but CPig's is straight up terrible.

The only justification for Hunt is "better than Mona." Not even agreeing with the Hunt case, just disagreeing with the Mona one and... that's it. It's not like their D1 vote for Leith was much better either, but at least there they acknowledged that the case on Leith was the best at the time. No attempts to so much as pretend to post any reads of anyone, and then this frankly terrible vote makes me feel better about Hunt than anything Hunt has actually done himself.

And, of course, a whole lot more inclined to ##vote CPig.

I'm voting for hunt based on the case that was presented by amnistar because I feel it's a stronger case than the one on mona.

Please continue your idiocy though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

peramene posted:

could I trouble you to explain why, if not for me than for everyone else? i believe the case boils down to a single suspicious post well within d1 confines

Post history plus pivot away from them at deadline

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

dmboogie posted:

we have 21 players alive still, 3 votes is nothing

Yeah that is an insane claim to make that 2 votes being any kind of "pressure" in a game this size.

Hunt11 posted:

And it looks like another day 1 lunch for me when I am town. I am so glad that it all it took was Amni to keep on yelling until people decided to just say gently caress it and humor him.

The thing with steak was genuine as I have only seen it brought up once before and by one person.

The reason why I wasn't doing more scum hunting was that I am pretty sure about my choice and the rest of it I am not so sure about but obviously Amni needed to fit in a new gimmick of framing almost everything I post as the observations of somebody doing a loving documentary or whatever. Though with everything that has been going on at this point I am pretty sure Amni and Moth are also scum.

This is a pretty buck wild post in my opinion. Day one deciding "I've done enough scum hunting, No need to keep at it right now" is just absurd. Complaining about Amni doing some dumb bit is stupid. The boo-hoo about a possible first day death. This post just reeks.

##vote hunt

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Crazyeyes posted:

This is a pretty buck wild post in my opinion. Day one deciding "I've done enough scum hunting, No need to keep at it right now" is just absurd. Complaining about Amni doing some dumb bit is stupid. The boo-hoo about a possible first day death. This post just reeks.

I'm not confident enough yet to vote based on this reasoning, but this is true.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

I'd rather vote hunt.

##vote hunt

The mona case is not a strong case ya'll.

It's actually pretty bad.

peramene posted:

peramene posted:

apologies for the lack of clarity, I was referring to why the mona case was bad

these posts from pera are baffling me, but im afraid i might just be insane because nobody else batted an eye at them.

if i'm reading this right, she responded to cpig's comment of "mona case is bad" with "i agree and this is why, but please explain why you think it's bad too, for everyone else."

it's not exactly a harmful thing to ask, but its just so drat weird even when i simplify it. and made even weirder by the bizarrely stilted way she phrased her response.

idk if this means she's scum, but drat this is weird. am i the only one who feels this way?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm having a bit of a loopy day atm; give it time and more people might bat an eye

regardless, I was looking to nudge cpig into talking about the case a bit more or any other cases, cuz I feel good gutwise about cpig and fuckin' i dunno mannn

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

peramene posted:

I'm having a bit of a loopy day atm; give it time and more people might bat an eye

regardless, I was looking to nudge cpig into talking about the case a bit more or any other cases, cuz I feel good gutwise about cpig and fuckin' i dunno mannn

I am resistant to nudging.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

peramene posted:

CapitalistPig posted:

I am resistant to nudging.

He cannot be nudged. It only makes him stronger. It is known.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

wanna nudge that pig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ixtlilton posted:

wanna nudge that pig

:wink:

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Ixtlilton posted:

wanna nudge that pig

More pudge to nudge, as it were.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hi, okay, I'm here now. Glad to see people still trying to turbo me, lol.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

For me it is still their post about me. It made me feel like they were talking about me in scum chat and decided to try and get me cuddled on a later day, so Mona came in to lay the groundwork for that but hosed it up by not establishing proper context for it.

For additional context, they(Mona+buds) were doing this as scum in our last game together and planning to try and set me up as their vote on later days if they didn't night kill me. So upon reading that post, seeing it came out of nowhere and didn't make sense for the thread, I started to put the pieces together.

I was potentially willing to be convinced otherwise if Mona came in and somehow dazzled me, but they never did. I know it may seem weak/tinfoil, but I'm feeling really good about this one. And I'm not the only one that saw how out of place that post was.

This an extreme bunch of bullshit. Just for the record. Yes, I was scum last game, but the idea that I'd so brazenly throw out my opinions of KB's meta (which are my genuine reads of KB's meta, in that it is a bad meta and they get salty when they think it is bad). It was being commented on if it was a post restriction and I gave my take in the moment.

It was a throwaway D1 post made during the timeframe when everyone else was saying poo poo during D1. I intended to come back and follow up on it, but time got away from me and Day 1 was truncated.

Here's some context: I work loving night shift, y'all. I get home sometime between 10 and 10:30, and by the time I was home, cleaned up from my grungy-rear end work, and finally able to sit down at the computer it was already 20m to deadline. I was still 200+ posts behind. I wasn't going to have time to read that and keep town from avoiding a NL, so I stated as such.

Your guys' entire case hinges on exactly one 'weird' post I made and trying to justify it as me trying to push hard on KB when that was and never has been my style. If KB was actually being genuine re: DQB2 Mafia and how I played that, he'd be able to vet that. The fact he's trying to spin this narrative is honestly goofy af.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hell, not even DBQ2 Mafia, KB has been on the same scumteam as me before. I am not the person who tries that hard push.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who the gently caress is scum and why

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

No need to be loving harsh, merk, goddamn.

Anyway if you want an opinion ##vote KB KB's actual posts on me are disingenuous and his reasoning is not only bad, it's just flat out wrong given what he knows of me and how I play the game. It's a bad push and the more he 'feels comfortable' on it the more I figure he's throwing his weight as a Big Name Mafia Player to try and push me.

I'll do more scouring of D1 to find more things that twinge me but give y'all threw four votes back on me at the drop of a hat I'm not just gonna fuckin have a case ready just yet.

tl;dr chill the gently caress out yo

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

merk posted:

Current Top Scum Picks:

Hunt - They have 8 posts in the game as of the making of this case.
Their only "case" is a list of 3 people that they say are "3 candidates" and then vote for 1 of them. Then their last post is a woe is me post where they complain that I have been making "everything" they do seem scummy.

Ruggan - Posted precisely 1 scum read day 1. On me. Didn't Vote. At all. And there are a pair of posts made, one which is "This role doesn't make sense because I don't know how the PR would work." and the other is "Leith is town, that claim doesn't make sense for scum." Then at the start of the day does a me too vote on Mona, note that their response to the original Mona case is that they don't think that it is weird and they aren't scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Back on my backread, starting from my post, I assume all y'all are saying 'he clearly meant to say this to his scumteam based on this:

Monathin posted:

That's all I'm gonna say on KB today because there's no point trying to examine him unless he survives D1

y'all I don't know how to explain this but KB is a very obvious D1 kill target and his entire meta was to try and make him less of that, that's why I said it

people still kill KB early all the time

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

N1 kill target, w/e

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ixtlilton posted:

only scum are afraid of night action mafia

Also lol what part of that reads as 'afraid of night action mafia' to you

This is some weak rear end pressure, get the gently caress outta here with that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Amnistar posted:

Ruggan - Posted precisely 1 scum read day 1. On me. Didn't Vote. At all. And there are a pair of posts made, one which is "This role doesn't make sense because I don't know how the PR would work." and the other is "Leith is town, that claim doesn't make sense for scum." Then at the start of the day does a me too vote on Mona, note that their response to the original Mona case is that they don't think that it is weird and they aren't scum.

This is actually true, just skimming to find the post:

Ruggan posted:

yeah, jesus... long day at work and no time to read the thread, now I'm at the end of page 10 and my eyes are glazing over

for what it's worth I didn't read Mona's thing as that weird - I think the meta thing came from a discussion around KB's meta in the last game we were all in, where KB is sort of pegged with high expectations and has been trying to detach a little more? like the timing is weird maybe, but the content seemed just fine to me

oh lol

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Monathin posted:

This an extreme bunch of bullshit. Just for the record. Yes, I was scum last game, but the idea that I'd so brazenly throw out my opinions of KB's meta (which are my genuine reads of KB's meta, in that it is a bad meta and they get salty when they think it is bad). It was being commented on if it was a post restriction and I gave my take in the moment.

It was a throwaway D1 post made during the timeframe when everyone else was saying poo poo during D1. I intended to come back and follow up on it, but time got away from me and Day 1 was truncated.

Here's some context: I work loving night shift, y'all. I get home sometime between 10 and 10:30, and by the time I was home, cleaned up from my grungy-rear end work, and finally able to sit down at the computer it was already 20m to deadline. I was still 200+ posts behind. I wasn't going to have time to read that and keep town from avoiding a NL, so I stated as such.

Your guys' entire case hinges on exactly one 'weird' post I made and trying to justify it as me trying to push hard on KB when that was and never has been my style. If KB was actually being genuine re: DQB2 Mafia and how I played that, he'd be able to vet that. The fact he's trying to spin this narrative is honestly goofy af.

Monathin posted:

No need to be loving harsh, merk, goddamn.

Anyway if you want an opinion ##vote KB KB's actual posts on me are disingenuous and his reasoning is not only bad, it's just flat out wrong given what he knows of me and how I play the game. It's a bad push and the more he 'feels comfortable' on it the more I figure he's throwing his weight as a Big Name Mafia Player to try and push me.

I'll do more scouring of D1 to find more things that twinge me but give y'all threw four votes back on me at the drop of a hat I'm not just gonna fuckin have a case ready just yet.

tl;dr chill the gently caress out yo

Monathin posted:

Back on my backread, starting from my post, I assume all y'all are saying 'he clearly meant to say this to his scumteam based on this:

y'all I don't know how to explain this but KB is a very obvious D1 kill target and his entire meta was to try and make him less of that, that's why I said it

people still kill KB early all the time

Monathin posted:

This is some weak rear end pressure, get the gently caress outta here with that.

Boy you are grumpy as hell. How bout instead of going completely insane, you tell me who else you have any strong opinions on.

Suspiciousness rises...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Some quick rereads of b- posts, because, I'm going to be honest: b- kill this early is weird. I wouldn't have called him scum because I know a lot of his town tells, so let's look at his alignment calls:

b-minus1 posted:

Top scum reads epsilon, squiggly and xiw. Slight scum read of merk based on feels only. Town read of aa, nep nep and leith. Null read on everyone else.

His end of day alignment calls. Voted Epsilon early and refused to move it until it became closer to Leith vs Hunt.

b-minus1 posted:

:think: this post is pinging me

commenting on a xiw post of Leith's claim, which gets into the weeds of how to play a role and using that to cast suspicion? Kind of agree with this a little.

b-minus1 posted:

Definitely

Claiming one of Leith/Merk is scum based on how they pushed a vote for me. This is actually important.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Monathin posted:

you said you were going to die to night action mafia, why not night kill if that's what you're afraid of? Scumsclip? Probably not but scum mind!?!?! maybe

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Crazyeyes posted:

Boy you are grumpy as hell. How bout instead of going completely insane, you tell me who else you have any strong opinions on.

Suspiciousness rises...

I fight hard in the hot seat and I'm not gonna take the kind of blind bad pressure.

Anyway, strong opinions:

- Amni pointed out that Ruggan post which actually makes me feel weird. Ruggan had me dead to rights last game so the fact they essentially pivoted onto this vote of me D2 while defending me D1 is a big red flag.

- KB's discussion of me is straight up wrong for reasons I've already stated.

- I'm looking harder at merk now because I don't know why you would kill b- this early unless he was actually right about something.

That's what I got. Take it or leave it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ixtlilton posted:

you said you were going to die to night action mafia, why not night kill if that's what you're afraid of? Scumsclip? Probably not but scum mind!?!?! maybe

it's a role madness game? We literally have two 'flips' today (one flip, one flipless). The idea of multiple kill roles in a 21 person game is pretty obvious?

Come the gently caress on, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually yeah you know what, gently caress it

##vote ixtlilton