Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i like being alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Captain Magic posted:

Is the twist in Shadow of the Colossus that this whole time you’re the horse?

no but I am a horse irl ama

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

My roommate told me that she quit playing Breath of the Wild because she threw the sword and it broke and she thought that meant she'd have to start the game all over.

i feel that way sometimes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

oh but seriously I posted:

i like being alive

its a good song

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That's my audition song lol

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

no but I am a horse irl ama

Are you a colossus?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

oh but seriously I posted:

i like being alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaJAnnipkY

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

Are you a colossus?

Well their username does sound Russian....

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wasted 5 full health + extra heart foods and three good weapons killing the lynel up in the northernmost part of the middle of the map and i got back one really nice weapon but i don't ever want to use it. i have two of them now but won't use them until i don't have anything else. do you have some food i can have

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i played breath of the wild on the wii u

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm starving to death

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cavauro posted:

i wasted 5 full health + extra heart foods and three good weapons killing the lynel up in the northernmost part of the middle of the map and i got back one really nice weapon but i don't ever want to use it. i have two of them now but won't use them until i don't have anything else. do you have some food i can have

I only fight lynels with defense+ meals and barbarian armor and a full stock of Urbosa’s Fury.

Eat it Lynels I don’t care about balance

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There was a point where I was hunting lynels for their parts and I was stacked up with top tier weapons and shields. It was really nice up until I set foot on a certain island and I came to realize how reliant I was upon them.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i suck really bad at not getting hurt by stuff. i bet if i didn't rely entirely on dodge rolls in dark souls this never would have happened

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I managed to static shock my pro controller and a joy con in like twenty minutes the other day when I was about two hours away from 100%ing the game

I miss my switch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think you are going to get a pass for being a first timer but you shouldn't post something that frightening and sad on here. However i totally feel for you, magic cappy.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Thank you. My soul feeds on the pity of others.

I think you should hunt down some iron shrooms and dragon scales for super defense meals.

Who is everyone’s favorite ancient hero? Mine is Hercules. Twelve labors are my kind of poo poo.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Captain Magic posted:

I miss my switch.

Cavauro posted:

magic cappy.

Too soon, man.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hello General Thread I hope everyone is safe from coronavirus and internet-induced misery today!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Captain Magic posted:

I think you should hunt down some iron shrooms and dragon scales for super defense meals.

Who is everyone’s favorite ancient hero? Mine is Hercules. Twelve labors are my kind of poo poo.

Perseus baybee

Fathered by Zeus as gold, gets decked out by the gods to kill Medusa, gets the info on her by holding three old ladies’ shared eye hostage, slices Medusa and releases Pegasus (Who then goes on to be Bellerophron’s mount when he plugs the chimera), makes a pit stop to slay Cetus the sea monster and marry Andromeda, turns her ex into stone at the reception, goes home and turns some creep stalking his mom to stone, then finally accidentally kills his grandad with a frisbee

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Captain Magic posted:

Gilgamesh. A drat good friend.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Are you a colossus?

only your mom calls me that

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Emma was great and the costumes were wonderful. I wish it was longer cuz some of the characters’ relationships from the novel were barely touched upon but you know such is life. There were two butts so that might not be enough for some of you.

Captain Magic posted:

Who is everyone’s favorite ancient hero? Mine is Hercules.

Jesus

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Captain Magic posted:

Odysseus, because he was smarter than everyone else around him and used this to lie and trick people

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Seth Rollins posted:

Odysseus, because he was smarter than everyone else around him and used this to lie and trick people

he also threw a baby from a tower which is p cool

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Seth Rollins posted:

I’m teaching my kids The Odyssey and they all kind of think he’s an rear end in a top hat and they also think it’s hosed up he’s raped for seven years by Calypso.

It’s also funny to me also how the girls immediately get it and shout “That’s Rape!” as I explain what’s going on and the boys try to play it off and I get to talk about the importance of enthusiastic consent

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i only care about really watered down derivatives of ancient historical heroes like video game lore characters. i'll do anything for artorias and his extremely giant dog sif who is a completely unique and original character

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i only care about really watered down derivatives of ancient historical heroes like video game lore characters. i'll do anything for artorias and his extremely giant dog sif who is a completely unique and original character

Sif boss fight is so good even if it’s on the easy side, Artorias too but it’s more challenging, I love that whole story arc, and summoning Sif to fight Magus is the only way I can beat him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dark souls 1 spoiler. if you summon sif before actually fighting sif then sif knows it's you and cries about having to face you. it's the saddest thing in the entire world

Wanted to edit this and say it's not the saddest thing in the world like I had said. that's extreme hyperbole. it's one of those sad within entertainment things, that people sometimes 'enjoy' in a way.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 12, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

It was Perseus growing up, but if I'd read the Odyssey back then it would have been Odysseus for sure, that dude saw some loving poo poo on his long rear end way back home.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'd say probably somebody in Three Kingdoms lore but really there were no heroes there.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Captain Magic posted:

Ishikawa Goemon he's pretty much Japanese Robin Hood but way cooler.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dromal phrenia posted:

Hello General Thread I hope everyone is safe from coronavirus and internet-induced misery today!

Former yes, latter not remotely.

Me and Mom and Dad are voluntarily quarantining ourselves though and there's honestly something kinda soothing and serene about it.

(There's only 6 confirmed cases in my state FWIW and they're all in counties a couple hours away so the likelihood I'm in any danger is extremely minimal but it's still scary).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

Mine was totally Prometheus because he was a hero for humanity

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Mine was Socrates because The Apology is the epitome of the art of trolling

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Captain Magic posted:

I’m teaching my kids The Odyssey and they all kind of think he’s an rear end in a top hat and they also think it’s hosed up he’s raped for seven years by Calypso.

It’s also funny to me also how the girls immediately get it and shout “That’s Rape!” as I explain what’s going on and the boys try to play it off and I get to talk about the importance of enthusiastic consent

Call me stupid, but what does "enthusiastic consent" mean, first time I've heard the term

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A hesitant yes or kind of just 'going with it' are not a proper determining factors for legitimate consent. I probably don't need to get into the factors behind that but could or someone else probably would if you wanted to keep discussin'

I'm sorry for saying factors. can't quit thinking about that word

Plus, here's an edit where I mention enthusiastic consent is just real consent where the parties both are like, "let's do this bubby!" i don't know why i forgot to say the main thing. I wonder if anyone posted before i finish this edit. They didn't.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 12, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hey check out this poem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aYmPaMlkKo

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
My area might be placed on lockdown because of the virus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that sucks rear end. if you're an introvert try to check in with your people once in a while even if you can't hang out. you can get a little loopy or in your head too much when being legit isolated a lot. it's a good idea to not to let it get or stay too messy in your environment as well, and to break from being sedentary on a regular basis if need be. those things sometimes imperceptibly alter your mood a ton. J/k