Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Atricks posted:

Man things are ramping up hellishly quickly.

Hmm sounds like it is ramping up exponentially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This is too much loving breaking news to process over the course of half an hour

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teardrop posted:

Hmm sounds like it is ramping up exponentially

lol’d thanks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
everything is gonna be ok

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

You have to love that Tom Hanks got the roni before Trump did, and Trump is basically trying to

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

You have to love that Tom Hanks got the roni before Trump did, and Trump is basically trying to

If Trump has the 'roni, we probably won't hear about it publicly.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
It's incredibly hosed up that one of the best movie stars of all time, my man, Tom Hanks, has the bug.

Houston, we have a problem.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weekend at Donnies

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
In American culture, "saving face" is very important. It's why Trump can never admit he has the bug.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fox news is loving amazing right now

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

Really amazing job by the Dems (probably Obama) to create c19, have it start in a small Chinese province, so Trump doesn't take it seriously, and ultimately is infected by it

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

tom hanks is going to do what trump never could and bring the world together as the public face of the epidemic. once all of the other candidates are dead from coronavirus he'll handily win the presidential election as a write-in.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

friendly 2 da void posted:

Let me get this straight.

Of the 112 total cases in Australia, I'm supposed to believe that two of them are Tom Hanks and his wife?

It's everywhere. Celebs are the only ones who can get priority access to tests.

I'm legit wondering how widespread it really is now.

Last couple weeks of February my friend and her kid were sick with fever and her mom (mid 50s) was hospitalized on a ventilator and it was pretty touch and go. I babysat the kiddo and wound up like I was just on the edge of getting sick for several days and then was fine.

My state still has no confirmed cases so I assume it was regular flu, but....?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

shame on an IGA posted:

Ok.....ain’t no one gonna watch it to find out you know

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
The only way we’ll find out if Trump has the roni is if he goes to the ICU or he dead.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

shame on an IGA posted:

Can you elaborate, not gonna willingly watch it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

I'm legit wondering how widespread it really is now.

Last couple weeks of February my friend and her kid were sick with fever and her mom (mid 50s) was hospitalized on a ventilator and it was pretty touch and go. I babysat the kiddo and wound up like I was just on the edge of getting sick for several days and then was fine.

My state still has no confirmed cases so I assume it was regular flu, but....?
It's basically everywhere at this point

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

smoobles posted:

Can you elaborate, not gonna willingly watch it

They're extremely shook by the Tom Hanks news, still lying their asses off trying to minimize the reality and severity of roni but visibly making GBS threads their pants at the same time

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Shaocaholica posted:

The only way we’ll find out if Trump has the roni is if he goes to the ICU or he dead.

"Trump has undergone a voluntary embalming procedure and is feeling in perfect health".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Two of the three factories that make the testing kits are in Europe

https://twitter.com/mikethemadbiol/status/1237912497870471169

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
We just got notice today that all employees must be set up for remote work by Monday, and the entire office may be doing precautionary work from home for several weeks. Guess it's time to set up the work desk! It's gonna be lit working in the bedroom with 3 cats

I'm glad to see my province is testing every single person presenting with cold or flu symptoms

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Bought toilet paper today. Clearly should’ve bought whisky instead because YIKES.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
what cutesy rear end in a top hat decided to nickname it roni

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
can't quarantoni the roni

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/anacabrera/status/1237920732883058693?s=21

Welp

Reportedly Bolsonaro is under quarantine

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Well this certainly has been an evening. Guess I'll just grab a hard drink and watch the world burn.

B_sketchy
May 31, 2019

https://youtu.be/5CU7CUQGO6A

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

We live in the worst timeline. Hanks is gonna die and Trump will be fine.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
Lol my friend from CBS has a fever and sits beside an infected employee and NYC still won't test him.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Uncle Lloyd posted:

Bought toilet paper today. Clearly should’ve bought whisky instead because YIKES.

you can make hootch from toilet paper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mWK_kcZMs

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Its overwhelmingly likely at this point that the number of people in the US who are infected is many orders of magnitude higher than whats been represented in the data/statistics so far (and not just because Trump has put a moratorium on testing).

I'd wager there a double digit % of goons posting right now who don't know they have it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Double digit percentage of goons lol

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1237923677917904898

the last hour has felt like a fever dream

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Goons have been self-quarantined for decades. Now we will inherit the Earth.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Stay safe Tom Hanks you were great in Shawshank :ohdear:

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

I died when I got H1N1 in 2009 and all this has been my coma.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

if Shakira or Julia Stiles get it I don't know what I'm going to do guys

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Live on like normal because who cares about entertainment personalities?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

FlamingLiberal posted:

Two of the three factories that make the testing kits are in Europe

https://twitter.com/mikethemadbiol/status/1237912497870471169

Thinking about buying some primers to detect covid to perform self testing in my lab if I get sick, since I have all of the other reagents (qiagen rna extraction kits, reverse-transcriptase, and qpcr stuff)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ma i married a tuna
Apr 24, 2005

Numbers add up to nothing
Pillbug

quote:

Today Dutch cases jumped from 382 to 500. The governments advice is still to avoid shaking hands with people but go about your business as if everything was normal. Starting to think they are using this as a chance to get a bunch of 80 plussers off the Healthcare network.

Kidney Stone posted:

And Denmark has now got 514 confirmed cases. 10 of those are hospitalised, 2 in critical condition.

All universities will be closing for two weeks from Friday, and all schools for two weeks Monday.

The government has urged people not to congregate with more than 100 people at a time. Nobody is getting on trains without a seat reservation.

People are always confusing the Dutch and the Danish. In a year it'll be easy to tell them apart - Denmark's the one with people living in it.