Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fartington Butts posted:

+1 to digging the engineer. Having to quickly jam on a buncha random buttons feels a lot like the random button jamming that they do in drat near every movie with a spaceship.

Yeah, it's probably the most directly immersive role other than pilot. If you set the guns to automatic targeting you basically just hold down one button the entire time while staring at the screen as things blow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

couldcareless posted:

Mental health is some serious stuff. I feel for her family and loved ones and also anyone who happened to be at the resort when it happened. Hopefully no one's trip was ruined.

Ship wifi works occasionally if you just keep being persistent, even without paying.

I had data via the ship wifi pretty much the whole trip. I asked about it at guest services just to be sure I wasn't gonna be charged for it and she told me it was a loophole and that some devices work and some don't.

We also visited the French Quarter Lounge on the ship. I got a cafe au lait and a beignet and the beignets were pretty legit. I had expected to be disappointed by it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
MK is straight up cursed this week. Sinkholes apparently opened up over by Tron construction. They were rerouting any traffic past the contemporary to go back around by the Poly/Grand Flo side.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Great. I was just reading our home insurance policy and saw that we’re not covered for sinkholes, to which I thought “well that won’t be a problem here so that makes sense” so thanks

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Just arrived at DHS. Hoping they let us in early.

Edit: Let us queue at 7. Boarding groups don’t go live until park open at 8.

Just got off Mickey and Minnie. Fantastic. Also got boarding group 6. About to ride Rise again!

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Mar 7, 2020

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Gonna run to MCO to pick up my wife and head straight to Studios for our MMRR fast passes! Can't wait!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BBS what's wrong with haunted mansion that it's been dow.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Unplanned maintenance is all I really can say.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Empress Brosephine posted:

Rumor I read was there’s an issue with the mechanism that rotates the doom buggies on the ride. Still it’s been down what 4 or 5 days now? Must be a complicated repair or they’re waiting on the right tools or parts.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

skipdogg posted:

Rumor I read was there’s an issue with the mechanism that rotates the doom buggies on the ride. Still it’s been down what 4 or 5 days now? Must be a complicated repair or they’re waiting on the right tools or parts.

Without going into details (which I don't know a lot of as I am not currently working Mansion due to medical restrictions), that's pretty accurate. They are hoping to have it up soon though. (That's relative though, they were "hoping" to have it up and running the day after the issue arose, so who knows)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess they have to fabricate all the parts huh

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Finally watched some videos of Runaway Railway.

Need someone to get a clean version of the song up so someone better than me can make a good NIN mashup.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
At what time do fast passes unlock?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

At what time do fast passes unlock?

6 or 7 am EST. I always get on at about 5:45 and just refresh now and then like an idiot.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Finally watched some videos of Runaway Railway.

Need someone to get a clean version of the song up so someone better than me can make a good NIN mashup.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/nothing-can-stop-us-now-from-mickey-minnies-runaway/1500330213
or
https://open.spotify.com/track/6manK5YRppWQriHBUsr3nK?si=MLFLmar0RficTzGaVl-RFA

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Haunted Mansion had reopened but is closed again. Still borked.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Well, if Sonswa's crazy rear end ever wanted to break into the mansion now's the time to do it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gonna get me some dresses!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
https://twitter.com/IMBARef/status/1237051985242849281

New Haunted Mansion is pretty meta

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This WestWorld Season 3 marketing is getting out of hand.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Stayed at Contemporary CL Tower level (14th floor) for the last night of my stay and got upgraded to Theme Park View from Bay Lake view. Lawd a mercy, my wallet is going to be screaming because I’m doing that again. Watching the sunset over the lagoon while drinking all the champagne was an experience I’ll never forget.

Mickey and Minnie’s was incredible to me - my jaw actually dropped several times. Rise was awesome, but MMRR just knocked Everest out of my top spot for favorite attraction.

Took video of small world for my 85 year old patient who loves it, but physically, she will never make it back to any Disney Park again. Showed it to her today, and the smile she had, just perfect. Ran into another lady on my morning, 70 years old - and standing in front of the Castle, almost crying because she never thought she would ever get to come there and see it. Best feeling ever was watching her glee. I cried.

Poly with the kiddo in July for a long weekend is next.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Rough week for my spooky house, drat.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
BBS, you go away sick and the whole place falls apart.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
No single rider lines in Paris due to the virus. Seems like a stretch but we live in strange times.
https://wdwnt.com/2020/03/disneylan...id-19-outbreak/

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
One strange story I wanted to share:

I got to DHS on Saturday at 6:30 am to rope drop for Mickey & Minnie. There were maybe 50-100 people ahead of us in line for the ride. Once we got to the inside queue, however, at about 7:55 am, they asked us if we wanted to stay in queue or ride the ride right now. We were super confused. Why would all of these people let us skip them?

"They're waiting for boarding passes and don't want to ride right now."

Boarding groups went live at 8:00 am on the dot and they didn't want to miss them.

As I was literally sitting down in the train car, the clock ticked to 8:00 am.

I got boarding group 6. People were way too paranoid about missing their window.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The signal isn’t great in the show building and riding the ride at 7.58 on opening was a tad distracting.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

J33uk posted:

No single rider lines in Paris due to the virus. Seems like a stretch but we live in strange times.
https://wdwnt.com/2020/03/disneylan...id-19-outbreak/

How would removing single rider lines specifically help in this case? :psyduck:

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

How would removing single rider lines specifically help in this case? :psyduck:

Article says "so as to limit exposure between groups of people, and avoid enclosed ride vehicles packed with too many people".

I'm thinking what use is that? Single people don't just stop exist if you eliminate the single rider queue, they just in the regular line. Unless personal space is different in Europe, your spend more time with the people around you in line than in a ride vehicle either way.

Then again we aren't epidemiologists.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

It’s probably to avoid parents complaining about having their kids near random people on rides. It won’t help at all in terms of stopping infections.

This did make me think about the Smuggler’s Run controls though :eyepop:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If they weren't already doing it, probably adding in a procedure of doing a quick wipe down after each ride.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Now I just want to go to Paris and cough in line everywhere so people flip out over my asthma.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctdUYyNqopI

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
So uhhhh, the NBA is postponing their season, travel from Europe is suspended, DOW futures are down 3.6% in the last hour. Will the parks ever close? Am I going head long into an empty park at the end of the month?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Disney closing would crash Orlando's economy, and I'm not even talking about the tourism bucks. They'd have to float employees paid time off or a lot of folks would be homeless or worse.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol I doubt the NBA Experience will make the year.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Disney closing would crash Orlando's economy, and I'm not even talking about the tourism bucks. They'd have to float employees paid time off or a lot of folks would be homeless or worse.

Italy announced that it was suspending mortgage payments since people can’t go to work. Does Orlando have the ability to do that? Seems about the only way you could close the parks and not wind up with a hundred thousand homeless.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Italy announced that it was suspending mortgage payments since people can’t go to work. Does Orlando have the ability to do that? Seems about the only way you could close the parks and not wind up with a hundred thousand homeless.

far more employees rent than own so I doubt they could do poo poo about that

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Also as it currently stands, the company and union contracts really only stipulate a payment of up to 5 days (which was factored in after Hurricane Irma took us out for two days) so unless the company decided to be kind and pay us for the entire closure, it would be a big blow. It's what I am terrified of more than the actual virus, and I have an underlying condition that could be problematic. It's all just a mess.

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003
It still blows my mind there's not been more pushback on having it closed with everything else shutting down. If the NBA and NCAA and Florida college campuses are being closed, then I feel like the pressure will mount once the national media remembers that there's 50,000 people a day all touching the same seatbelts and then flying all across the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Well with Trump killing airfravel from Europe to the US for the next 30 days, things are getting quite troublesome. I hope they can get the virus under control within those 30 days. Because 2 weeks after that deadline I'm supposed to be flying.