Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

Current Top Scum Picks:

Hunt - They have 8 posts in the game as of the making of this case.
Their only "case" is a list of 3 people that they say are "3 candidates" and then vote for 1 of them. Then their last post is a woe is me post where they complain that I have been making "everything" they do seem scummy.

Ruggan - Posted precisely 1 scum read day 1. On me. Didn't Vote. At all. And there are a pair of posts made, one which is "This role doesn't make sense because I don't know how the PR would work." and the other is "Leith is town, that claim doesn't make sense for scum." Then at the start of the day does a me too vote on Mona, note that their response to the original Mona case is that they don't think that it is weird and they aren't scum.

Eh, I've been extremely busy at work and at home. My posting game isn't up to snuff right now. And as of this post I'm quoting (currently catching up) I plan to switch my vote away from Mona, just not quite sure to whom yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ruggan posted:

Eh, I've been extremely busy at work and at home. My posting game isn't up to snuff right now. And as of this post I'm quoting (currently catching up) I plan to switch my vote away from Mona, just not quite sure to whom yet.

lmao

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Monathin posted:

Well getting pushed to -4 off a cop claim in a role madness game has certainly killed any interest I had in this game so I might as well loving go balls-out and gently caress everyone else up.

Hi, yes, I'm scum. Ixtillon or whomstever the gently caress is an alignment cop. But let me make something perfectly clear:

There are two scumteams. Merk is probably on the second one: No reason for binus to be killed otherwise, he'll want to wiggle out of it. Don't let him. There's literally no reason for binus to have been a N1 scumkill.

My scumteam didn't kill last night. Figure out why there's two deaths on D1 on your own.

##vote Monathin

Get me the gently caress out of here.

ahahahahh

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
by the way, i think ixt claiming was a complete waste. mona was very much under suspicion anyway, and ixt was hardly at a loss for ways to prod mona without claiming. mona was practically coming apart at the seams already before ixt claimed. idk how to feel, because of course i love when crazy poo poo like this happens, but seriously? it's frustrating. he didnt have to claim!! now he'll be in danger literally all game, until he dies. maybe if he'd gotten a result on, like, aa or something that'd be another story. but mona was probably gonna be lunched today without a claim, and with WAY more info around the votes than there will be now. ugh.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only way i can think to make ixt's mess of a claim worthwhile, is to capitalize on the fact that it pressured him into scumclaiming, and keep mona around as confirmed scum

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Giving ixt the item seems like a bad call. Already a good target for NK, having an item makes them a better target.

I also agree with Steak here. Feels like a wasted claim.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What if he’s a scum pantheon cop???

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

by the way, i think ixt claiming was a complete waste. mona was very much under suspicion anyway, and ixt was hardly at a loss for ways to prod mona without claiming. mona was practically coming apart at the seams already before ixt claimed. idk how to feel, because of course i love when crazy poo poo like this happens, but seriously? it's frustrating. he didnt have to claim!! now he'll be in danger literally all game, until he dies. maybe if he'd gotten a result on, like, aa or something that'd be another story. but mona was probably gonna be lunched today without a claim, and with WAY more info around the votes than there will be now. ugh.

it's a role madness game, i feel like the dynamics of claiming are much different than usual

town losing a single PR is likely much less debilitating, ixt might have mechanisms to defend themself with, town protective PRs are probably better equipped to save people

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dmboogie posted:

it's a role madness game, i feel like the dynamics of claiming are much different than usual

town losing a single PR is likely much less debilitating, ixt might have mechanisms to defend themself with, town protective PRs are probably better equipped to save people

that doesnt reduce the loss of any meaningful votes. as soon as thread gets cop results, no meaningful analysis can come from vote patterns. so it really sucks that we've been denied that here

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not to mention the plethora of effortposts mona was sure to continue making, had ixt not put the nail in his coffin. that cop result wasn't going anywhere, so ixt should have held onto it wayyyyy longer, to let mona implicate his team more

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

What if he’s a scum pantheon cop???

I had been considering this especially since Mona said there are 2 scum teams.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Mr. Steak posted:

that doesnt reduce the loss of any meaningful votes. as soon as thread gets cop results, no meaningful analysis can come from vote patterns. so it really sucks that we've been denied that here

I agree with Steak here. I think it's more important now to get info than kill Mona. Mona is already in the bag later, only thing we do is reduce a little risk of some crazy night action at the expense of a lot of information.

SalTheBard posted:

In the spirit of Lumpens stupid content game, I ask the following question (anyone can answer, it's not targeted at anyone in particular)

If you had a day vig right now:
1. who would you shoot?
2. who would you give a day vig to?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

1. Leith
2. Monathin
3. Mr. Humalong

Returning to scumhunting, this post turned out to be rear end backwards. ##vote Sal

I would also be open to a merk vote to go down the trail Mona left for us. Mona's post came across as frustrated and genuine and I'd be willing to follow that lead.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

I agree with Steak here. I think it's more important now to get info than kill Mona. Mona is already in the bag later, only thing we do is reduce a little risk of some crazy night action at the expense of a lot of information.

Returning to scumhunting, this post turned out to be rear end backwards. ##vote Sal

I would also be open to a merk vote to go down the trail Mona left for us. Mona's post came across as frustrated and genuine and I'd be willing to follow that lead.

This is not a good post.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

in before we find out that monathin provides night kill and investigation immunity to his scum buddies mr. steak and ruggan while he's alive

find scum kill scum it's a two-step plan we're halfway through c'mon guys

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

dmboogie posted:

in before we find out that monathin provides night kill and investigation immunity to his scum buddies mr. steak and ruggan while he's alive

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Mithross posted:

gently caress this argument and anyone who uses it in a mafia game, particularly when the day is what, 9 hours old? I work a job that doesn’t allow me to engage a thread during it, I skim along as best I can and sometimes get some posts off during lunch/bathroom time.

That said my vote is clearly on Mona, but I’m not going to actually vote when he’s that close this early in the day.

I’ll have more free time in a few more hours to respond to the thread in more depth, but I hate that kind of callout, much like Keane does.

(Note I’m not actually mad at you in particular xiw, I know this was more a callout/fishing post, but I can’t stand scumhunting via being someone not being able to post at a specific time of day)

Also ##vote cintamini Ixt seems pretty much the only choice right now.

Super sorry if it sounded like i was calling you out for not posting yet - what I was trying to say is that we don't want to end the day yet despite Monathin's attempts to provoke a turbo because these people haven't posted and we want to give them a chance to.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is not a good post.

neither is this

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monathin posted:

Well getting pushed to -4 off a cop claim in a role madness game has certainly killed any interest I had in this game so I might as well loving go balls-out and gently caress everyone else up.

Hi, yes, I'm scum. Ixtillon or whomstever the gently caress is an alignment cop. But let me make something perfectly clear:

There are two scumteams. Merk is probably on the second one: No reason for binus to be killed otherwise, he'll want to wiggle out of it. Don't let him. There's literally no reason for binus to have been a N1 scumkill.

My scumteam didn't kill last night. Figure out why there's two deaths on D1 on your own.

##vote Monathin

Get me the gently caress out of here.

couple things:

how did mona know there are 2 scum teams, rather than a town killing role (pgo?) or something...?

why did mona's scumteam withhold their kill (if they actually did)...?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

dmboogie posted:

your approach is formulaic and rigid but also sensible so I guess ok ##vote Mona

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

your approach is formulaic and rigid but also sensible so I guess ok ##vote Mona

bro, i thought we were starting something there. stick to ur guns more

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

neither is this

At least my post wasn't advocating for town to literally not vote an outed scum player and then go on to make a really weak vote against someone that no one was really even talking about in some bad attempt to shift focus onto someone else. Nothing in your post was made in a town mindset.

Is that better?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

nice backpedal.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

At least my post wasn't advocating for town to literally not vote an outed scum player and then go on to make a really weak vote against someone that no one was really even talking about in some bad attempt to shift focus onto someone else. Nothing in your post was made in a town mindset.

Is that better?

Yeah, thanks. Can you at least admit that Steak's idea has some merit?

Mr. Steak posted:

bro, i thought we were starting something there. stick to ur guns more

I could still be convinced

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

Yeah, thanks. Can you at least admit that Steak's idea has some merit?

no.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Cool. ##vote CapitalistPig

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

xiw posted:

Super sorry if it sounded like i was calling you out for not posting yet - what I was trying to say is that we don't want to end the day yet despite Monathin's attempts to provoke a turbo because these people haven't posted and we want to give them a chance to.

I got what you meant part way (you may have noticed the shift in tone but I decided to keep the post internally coherent rather than go back), but the way your post was presented made it a short hop to “Mona was trying to end the day because X is scum that wasn’t posting”, so I stuck with it because that sort of argument has caused a lot of trouble for me in past games regardless of my alignment in them.

I agree wholeheartedly with your actual message of don’t turbo on d2 we have stuff to talk about still.

Also work is slowing down so I while I won’t really be able to dig backwards for a bit I will be in and out keeping up with what’s going on.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

Cool. ##vote CapitalistPig

lmao. So you're voting me for not admitting that an idea that has no merit has merit?

Not looking good here champ.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
In this game I think we really want at least one scum flip to see what they look like - remember we know town have weird stuff like leith's pantheon cop and right now we don't even know what the scumteam's name is.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
In a more standard game steaks idea might have merit.

In this game it reads more like trying to buy a fellow scum with a cool power an extra day of life to use that power.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is my very first game of mafia.

Hi liar

CapitalistPig posted:

1. Leith
2. AA
3. question dumb

you made the same poor analysis against Leith D1 as if they were your main target

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah honestly this is the best d1 lovely case going right now. ##vote Leith I doubt anything will get better before I go to bed.

an admittedly weak case, you note

CapitalistPig posted:

That being said, I would absolutely have switched over to hunt had I not been sleeping.

##Cinnamon Cpig

If I am nominated for the cinnamon I will wish for more wishes and then give everyone else a wish.

good cover - I believe you were sleeping, but not that you'd switch... by the way your posting "style" doesn't give me much faith in your promise

CapitalistPig posted:

That's really dumb. You are a dumb.

you have a style

CapitalistPig posted:

Please continue your idiocy though.

a rude style

CapitalistPig posted:

The mona case is not a strong case ya'll.

It's actually pretty bad.

That style is calling things bad that are in fact ok+.

CapitalistPig posted:

lmao. So you're voting me for not admitting that an idea that has no merit has merit?

just like that. oh, and by the way...

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, okay I guess it isn't that bad but still I feel more strongly about voting for hunt currently..

nice backpedal

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

Hi liar

you made the same poor analysis against Leith D1 as if they were your main target

good cover - I believe you were sleeping, but not that you'd switch... by the way your posting "style" doesn't give me much faith in your promise

you have a style

a rude style

nice backpedal

I like how you're just trying so hard to make me look bad right now.

It's so precious.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CapitalistPig posted:

I like how you're just trying so hard to make me look bad right now.

It's so precious.

condescending and dismissive - you suck

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ruggan posted:

Hi liar

you have a style

a rude style

nice backpedal

U ok mate?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

condescending and dismissive - you suck

I'm not dismissive of things that have merit.

Always a little condescending though.

How else am I gonna rile scum up?

Like I did with you.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Mr. Steak posted:

the only way i can think to make ixt's mess of a claim worthwhile, is to capitalize on the fact that it pressured him into scumclaiming, and keep mona around as confirmed scum

gently caress off, dude

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

uh huh, "riled up"

ya thanks

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

CPig, who are your top scum reads and why? You can omit me from the list

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

uh huh, "riled up"

Ahh yes, the old classic "I'm not mad" they say through gritted teeth as their face turns red.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ruggan posted:

CPig, who are your top scum reads and why? You can omit me from the list

You
Hunt
Steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007